This is BX @ Boxden.com


All Things Stock Market Thread

 All Things Stock Market Thread
 03-15-2012, 10:04 PMonline - #101
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
keep buying $REGN if u havent already. It will pass 52 week high guaranteed
 03-16-2012, 08:14 AMonline - #102
o7media 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hockeythug
"under valued"
 03-16-2012, 09:29 PMonline - #103
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
Today was a great day for me in the stock market
 03-17-2012, 10:35 AMonline - #104
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Universal Mind
Too scared to invest? Shiiiiiiiit! That's the best time to invest. I don't even #### with equities, I'm into commodities. If I did #### with equities, it'd have to be during a financial meltdown or some other low period.
So why dont you buy some stocks that are at all time lows right now? Theres plenty of them even though the market is up. If the market crashes again after happening not too long ago who knows how long it will take to recover.

Last edited by Rique; 03-17-2012 at 10:39 AM..
 03-17-2012, 12:32 PMonline - #105
o7media 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rique
So why dont you buy some stocks that are at all time lows right now? Theres plenty of them even though the market is up. If the market crashes again after happening not too long ago who knows how long it will take to recover.
Because they're probably bad investments.

The stocks that are at all time lows while the markets are at all time highs aren't good long term investments.
 03-17-2012, 06:37 PMonline - #106
o7media 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Universal Mind


In 2008, you could've thrown a dart at a board and made a nice profit a couple of years later.
Yeah pretty much. Damn near every stock gained. Most doubled, tripled, or more.

I started trading in mid-late '09. Wish I had gotten in a year earlier.. I would have made a k!lling.
 03-17-2012, 08:54 PMonline - #107
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by o7media
Because they're probably bad investments.

The stocks that are at all time lows while the markets are at all time highs aren't good long term investments.
not true at all there are other factors that could be effecting the stock price and earning per share.
 03-18-2012, 12:46 PMonline - #108
o7media 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rique
not true at all there are other factors that could be effecting the stock price and earning per share.
like what? bad earnings?

no matter what the reason is, there's a divergence for a reason, and it's a bad reason. meaning it's a weak company/stock.
 03-18-2012, 05:10 PMonline - #109
o7media 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Universal Mind
There's one stock I'm slapping myself over til this day. I remember AIG dropped to 42 cents during all of their controversy in 2008. I didn't know anything about the markets at that time, but had just started trying to learn it. Something told me to drop about $2,000 which would have gotten me somewhere around 4,700 shares. I entertained the idea for a while and it slipped my mind and forgot about it. Then the stock rose to $62 in 2009. We're talking about a $290,000 profit off of a $2000 investment.....
lol check this thread out ...
 03-18-2012, 05:39 PMonline - #110
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Universal Mind
There's one stock I'm slapping myself over til this day. I remember AIG dropped to 42 cents during all of their controversy in 2008. I didn't know anything about the markets at that time, but had just started trying to learn it. Something told me to drop about $2,000 which would have gotten me somewhere around 4,700 shares. I entertained the idea for a while and it slipped my mind and forgot about it. Then the stock rose to $62 in 2009. We're talking about a $290,000 profit off of a $2000 investment.....
Damn. If you take a risk you can see good gains off companies now if you expect a higher demand in the future. Sometimes you have to get in on the ground
 03-18-2012, 09:59 PMaway - #111
hockeythug 55 heat pts55

  d 
space
$17,673 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Universal Mind
Look how how wrong all the naysayers were.....


Did they get delisted from the exchange for a period or something? I looked up the chart and I'm not seeing where it went to 0.45? searching symbol AIG.

Last edited by hockeythug; 03-18-2012 at 10:02 PM..
 03-18-2012, 11:12 PMonline - #112
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hockeythug


Did they get delisted from the exchange for a period or something? I looked up the chart and I'm not seeing where it went to 0.45? searching symbol AIG.
just look up historical closing prices itll be hard to tell on chart because aig has been over 1000 at one point
 03-19-2012, 09:09 PMonline - #113
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
I hope you arent still shorting Apple
 03-19-2012, 10:03 PMaway - #114
Snappy 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$727 | 3021594
Originally Posted by Universal Mind
There's one stock I'm slapping myself over til this day. I remember AIG dropped to 42 cents during all of their controversy in 2008. I didn't know anything about the markets at that time, but had just started trying to learn it. Something told me to drop about $2,000 which would have gotten me somewhere around 4,700 shares. I entertained the idea for a while and it slipped my mind and forgot about it. Then the stock rose to $62 in 2009. We're talking about a $290,000 profit off of a $2000 investment.....
No, in 2009 the stock did a 1:20 reverse stock split, meaning if you had 4700 shares before the split, you would have had 235 shares after the split valued at $20 x .42 or 8.40 per share so theres no real change in the value of your shares because the amount of shares has decreased and the price per share increased. If you held those shares until today, you would've seen a nice profit but not 290k!!

Last edited by Snappy; 03-19-2012 at 10:06 PM..
 03-19-2012, 11:02 PMaway - #115
philly337 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$21,753 | POWERFUL
What happen to that thread about turning 10,000 to 100,000...

I posted about neom because I was talking with somebody about it before. Think it was around .008 I liked but can't remember (might have been lower or around .01) anyway was just checking and yesterday hit .058 I believe...

If it was .008 would be +700%
 03-19-2012, 11:19 PMaway - #116
KruptedWayz 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$3,125 | POWERFUL
Do yall think Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae shares will ever go up?
 03-20-2012, 10:42 AMonline - #117
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by philly337
What happen to that thread about turning 10,000 to 100,000...

I posted about neom because I was talking with somebody about it before. Think it was around .008 I liked but can't remember (might have been lower or around .01) anyway was just checking and yesterday hit .058 I believe...

If it was .008 would be +700%
that stock is already back down lol
 03-20-2012, 10:44 AMaway - #118
philly337 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$21,753 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rique
that stock is already back down lol
It was down when I posted.....

*confused*
 03-20-2012, 01:07 PMonline - #119
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
Those pump n dump stocks r too risky
 03-20-2012, 01:13 PMonline - #120
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$26,121 | POWERFUL
The way the market is right now im just taking my gains and then buying a stock again right after it goes down. i decided to get back in apple after selling it. Im seeing great gains off a stock I bought YGE Im going to sell it soon then buy it right back if it hits 3.88 again
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 25 - Storeowner who Michael Brown took cigarellos..
86 comments
Image inside  Nov 25 - Startling Photos Of Ferguson The Morning After
87 comments
Image inside  Nov 25 - Officer Darren Wilson---I Did Nothing Wrong ..
158 comments
 Image(s) inside Well Damn Gy Azalea Mocks The Black Panther Party
New reply 16 seconds ago - 140 comments - by weeknd44
 Image(s) inside Bill Clinton Summed Up In One Pic (g As Always)
New reply 3 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Ole-G
 Image(s) inside Nov 24 - Just In: Photos Of Officer Darren Wilson's In...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 123 comments - by Ctrllers
 Video inside Jurassic World Official Trailer
New reply 4 minutes ago - 131 comments - by JFamis
 Image(s) inside Young Guru Pleads With Charlamagne The God: "you ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 94 comments - by Roo 50
  Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Was Released 22 Years Ago Today
New reply 8 minutes ago - 90 comments - by kindabizzie
 BOX Floyd Already Demanding Rematch Clause If He Fights Pa...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 105 comments - by republican01
 Video inside Iggy Azalea Wins Best "rap / Hip-hop Album" ...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Shadyunit

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,863 fans of BX | none new today 4,810 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.