This is BX @ Boxden.com

About to get an interview at Wells Fargo

About to get an interview at Wells Fargo
topic by ajymerced - 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

So I'm going to a group interview for a Wells Fargo part time teller position. Any of y'all have experience working in a bank? How is it?

Also, im majoring in Business administration and planning to graduate with a focus in accounting. Does working at a bank as a teller give me experience in that field and will help build my resume?

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "About to get an interview at Wells Fargo"

07-13-2012, 10:23 PMaway - #2
ajymerced 

d 
space
$260 | 955131
anyone?
 07-13-2012, 11:25 PMaway - #3
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,671 | 6674791
i had a group interview at the apple store one time...make sure you speak up and show you have a great personality...
 07-13-2012, 11:55 PMaway - #4
NYCNYCNYC 

d 
space
$13,673 | POWERFUL
if u are going for accounting, a teller position will not help as far as experience. a personal banker would somewhat help with experience

I just got out of the banking world. I liked it alot. great hours and its easy as ####
 07-14-2012, 12:31 AMaway - #5
Skratch 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$7,565 | POWERFUL
heard u gotta sell #### at wells fargo? is that true? quotas n####?
 07-14-2012, 01:49 AMaway - #6
NYCNYCNYC 

d 
space
$13,673 | POWERFUL
all for profit banks will have quotas/sales goals..only credit unions dont but they dont pay as good as the big banks.
 07-15-2012, 07:58 PMaway - #7
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,731 | POWERFUL
Teller position is not going to help you in the accounting field at all...
 07-16-2012, 09:47 AMaway - #8
ajymerced 

d 
space
$260 | 955131
How about in the business field?
 07-16-2012, 10:08 PMaway - #9
ajymerced 

d 
space
$260 | 955131
Originally Posted by egotistical
Teller position is not going to help you in the accounting field at all...
How about is the business field?
 07-16-2012, 11:07 PMaway - #10
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ajymerced
How about is the business field?
 07-16-2012, 11:23 PMaway - #11
NYCNYCNYC 

d 
space
$13,673 | POWERFUL
A teller position isnt going to translate to anything...Try to be a personal banker..that will atleast get you some sales exp
 07-18-2012, 08:06 PMaway - #12
DwRecKeR77053 

d 
space
$1,506 | 2221520
Originally Posted by ajymerced
So I'm going to a group interview for a Wells Fargo part time teller position. Any of y'all have experience working in a bank? How is it?

Also, im majoring in Business administration and planning to graduate with a focus in accounting. Does working at a bank as a teller give me experience in that field and will help build my resume?
financial advisor, business analyst, financial analyst in my opinion are better approaches than a teller. once you have your degree you can advance in pay as an analyst, advisor, or become an accountant. anyone can be a teller..
 07-18-2012, 08:08 PMaway - #13
DwRecKeR77053 

d 
space
$1,506 | 2221520
Originally Posted by Skratch
heard u gotta sell #### at wells fargo? is that true? quotas n####?
any financial company or heavy profit driven fortune 500 company for that matter, requires selling.
 07-19-2012, 10:04 PMaway - #14
DominicanLou 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,330 | 17357417
Originally Posted by DwRecKeR77053
financial advisor, business analyst, financial analyst in my opinion are better approaches than a teller. once you have your degree you can advance in pay as an analyst, advisor, or become an accountant. anyone can be a teller..
but anyone can be a financial advisor too. its an all sales job with a high attrition rate.

i would start thinking what field you want your career to be in. there's a lot of exciting things to do in business beyond banking. social enterprise, to me, is an exciting and growing field. credit unions can be an option. even nonprofits. I work for a nonprofit and usually when I tell people that they automatically think "social services"..helping people on welfare, or connecting people to jobs or some ####. But we're a CDFI (community development financial institution). We do business lending and even have financial products for consumers that beat any consumer savings account by any mainstream bank. We do financial coaching and consulting for small businesses. I got into the field through a recommendation by someone at Morgan Stanley. It's given me great work experience. It's easy work. The pay is more then you would think. I'm not micro-managed. Don't have any quotas. I'm currently getting recruited for an MBA program that's offering me a scholarship that will allow me to pay 11% of the tuition.

The point is...I think you can get lost in the big companies. The reason I was able to get the experience I have and do the things I've done is because I'm at a small company. I was basically given the freedom to do with the position what I wanted. I thought about going into banking because, through my job, a lot of my connections are with bankers, people in government or at FDIC and Federal Reserve.

You want to be in a position where you can network. Being qualified is only half the story. People just gotta plain like you for you to get the job and get to where you want to be.
 07-19-2012, 10:11 PMaway - #15
chizz 

d 
space
$2,373 | 7637853
i worked at chase. hated it. people are di#ks . my girl works at wells fargo and she hates it also.
 07-19-2012, 10:20 PMaway - #16
Skratch 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$7,565 | POWERFUL
how do ya'll be passin the teller a$sessment, i be gettin nervous
 07-19-2012, 11:39 PMaway - #17
NYCNYCNYC 

d 
space
$13,673 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DominicanLou
but anyone can be a financial advisor too. its an all sales job with a high attrition rate.

i would start thinking what field you want your career to be in. there's a lot of exciting things to do in business beyond banking. social enterprise, to me, is an exciting and growing field. credit unions can be an option. even nonprofits. I work for a nonprofit and usually when I tell people that they automatically think "social services"..helping people on welfare, or connecting people to jobs or some ####. But we're a CDFI (community development financial institution). We do business lending and even have financial products for consumers that beat any consumer savings account by any mainstream bank. We do financial coaching and consulting for small businesses. I got into the field through a recommendation by someone at Morgan Stanley. It's given me great work experience. It's easy work. The pay is more then you would think. I'm not micro-managed. Don't have any quotas. I'm currently getting recruited for an MBA program that's offering me a scholarship that will allow me to pay 11% of the tuition.

The point is...I think you can get lost in the big companies. The reason I was able to get the experience I have and do the things I've done is because I'm at a small company. I was basically given the freedom to do with the position what I wanted. I thought about going into banking because, through my job, a lot of my connections are with bankers, people in government or at FDIC and Federal Reserve.

You want to be in a position where you can network. Being qualified is only half the story. People just gotta plain like you for you to get the job and get to where you want to be.
if u really think anyone can be a financial advisor, then i really dont believe u are in the banking world or work with financial products
 07-20-2012, 04:19 AMonline - #18
Profycy 

d 
space
$1,475 | 7237223
I'm a$suming a teller is a cashier?

Anyways my suggestions would be to be a person who stands at gets your point across but don't look arrogant while doing it. They are looking for people they would like to work with as well not just a person who can get the job done.

Also think outside your position. For example banks make money from products they sell such as life insurance, mortgages etc... Make sure you get the point across that you will ask every customer/client the relevant questions to get more business out of them - for example mr customer are you looking for a better deal in your mortgage, let me introduce you to my mortgage adviser etc... This is what they want.

I work for the RBS Group as a mortgage adviser. I started out as a cashier/personal adviser selling saving accounts etc. And progressed.

Just spend 1 hr preparing for questions they
May ask. Be prepared and you will be successful.

Good luck.

Last edited by Profycy; 07-20-2012 at 04:21 AM..
 07-20-2012, 04:26 AMaway - #19
eightytyson06 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$10,887 | POWERFUL
i had one with a bank but my fam is in banking practice cross selling, in my interview they made us do this in front of managers and it was hard. i did horrible but i did a lot better than others and did two more interviews but blew off the last one. anyways good luck
 07-20-2012, 04:28 AMaway - #20
eightytyson06 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$10,887 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Skratch
how do ya'll be passin the teller a$sessment, i be gettin nervous
is that the online test after first interview if so i just lie and when i did money simulation i flew thru that thing i thought i did bad but i got a call back

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 23 - Substitute Teacher Gives Student A BJ On Her First Day
102 comments
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
79 comments
Image inside  Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
146 comments
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Is Scared Of Black Fighters
New reply 3 seconds ago - 65 comments - by Blue Mercury
 Video inside Hater Punches Ilovemakonnen At Sobs
New reply 2 minutes ago - 264 comments - by EZ Green
 NBA Kendrick Lamar, Kevin Hart Highlight Cleveland Cavalie...
New reply 10 seconds ago - 94 comments - by metatr0n
 NBA Jeanie Buss: ‘any Free Agent That Would Be Afraid To P...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 88 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 NCAAF Notre Dame Freshman Wr Justin Brent Dating Legendary F...
New reply 31 seconds ago - 165 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside White Girl Got Azz!!!!!!
New reply 5 minutes ago - 98 comments - by tokinjohn
 NBA Shawn Kemp Top 10 Dunks (the Blake Griffin Of The 90s,...
New reply 1 minute ago - 132 comments - by EZ Green
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 148 comments - by JewsusChrist

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,796 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.