This is BX @ Boxden.com


Wal-Martís iPhone 5 Offer: $45 Unlimited Plan, No Contract Required

 Wal-Martís iPhone 5 Offer: $45 Unlimited Plan, No Contract Required
topic by Da Ill One - 01-09-2013, 09:37 AM - Boxden > BX Tech


If youíve dreamed of the day when you could get an iPhone without being chained to a two-year contract, or if youíre just interested in a cheaper monthly phone bill, this oneís for you. Just yesterday, Straight Talk (a division of TracFone) announced that beginning this Friday, January 9th, the company will begin offering the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 in Wal-Mart stores around the country, completely contract-free.

Here are the pricing details:

iPhone 4 (8gb model only) will be $449
iPhone 5 (16gb model only) will be $649
As for your wireless plan, Straight Talk has two options: a $45 monthly plan with unlimited talk, text and data; or a $60 monthly plan that includes the same unlimited talk, text and data, plus unlimited calling to around 1,000 international destinations.

As for coverage and high-speed data: Straight Talk uses the big four wireless carrier networks in the U.S. No details were provided yet on whether or not the iPhone 5 will have access to 4G LTE, which is available from three of the big four networks. If itís Verizonís network that the iPhone 5 will be operating on through Straight Talk, thatís a huge win for prepaid-loving customers, since Verizonís 4G LTE network is, by far, the most widespread.

Source


share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

71 comments for "Wal-Martís iPhone 5 Offer: $45 Unlimited Plan, No Contract Required"


 01-09-2013, 10:02 AMaway - #2
Dangerously 207 heat pts207

  d 
space
$45,692 | POWERFUL
What Wal-Mart shopper can afford that? If anyone is going contract free for those process they're for damn sure not doing it on Wal-Mart's MVNO.

Its a good deal, I just don't see the savings when you know your data is getting metered at a low cap.
 01-09-2013, 10:05 AMaway - #3
Dangerously 207 heat pts207

  d 
space
$45,692 | POWERFUL


Paragraph 6, you can't stream music or video on unlimited data.
 01-09-2013, 10:10 AMaway - #4
Da Ill One|M 3636 heat pts3636

  d 
space
$40,209 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dangerously


Paragraph 6, you can't stream music or video on unlimited data.
that kind of sucks...but I didn't know people actually stream them on their phone that much... I just download to my phone and watch whenever I want, never know when you don't/won't get sturdy enough signal to stream without lagging...
 01-09-2013, 10:36 AMaway - #5
Dangerously 207 heat pts207

  d 
space
$45,692 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
that kind of sucks...but I didn't know people actually stream them on their phone that much... I just download to my phone and watch whenever I want, never know when you don't/won't get sturdy enough signal to stream without lagging...
With YouTube alone people stream. Can you imagine how many BX topics you miss out on not being able to stream a YouTube link. Don't even get me started on the Rdio, Spotify and other music services out there. Android phones could get away with streaming less but even with a Google drive, you're downloading which is prohibited.
 01-10-2013, 05:23 PMaway - #6
Rae 

  d 
space
$1,058 | 2466906
i have the att version of the iphone 4s on straight talk for over a year never had any problem but there is a cap of 2gb
 01-10-2013, 07:11 PMaway - #7
.amberlamps. 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$25,382 | POWERFUL
looks like a great deal.
 01-10-2013, 07:34 PMaway - #8
deziking 36 heat pts36

  d 
space
$14,384 | POWERFUL
I see they copying kmart. But who carea kmart is small non popular retail store.
 01-10-2013, 07:50 PMaway - #9
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$26,673 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by regulate
1 Simple question: Do any of these no contract carriers that offer unlimited web actually offer UNLIMITED & UNTHROTTLED web or do they just offer "unlimited" web?? thanks
T-Mobile has a no contract, $60 plan with truly unlimited data, unlimited text and 500 minutes.
 01-10-2013, 08:19 PMaway - #10
duval88 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,147 | 19955105
Originally Posted by Y.G.
T-Mobile has a no contract, $60 plan with truly unlimited data, unlimited text and 500 minutes.
link?
 01-10-2013, 09:20 PMaway - #11
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$26,673 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by duval88
link?


My fault, it does have a 2-year contract. Still a good plan though.
 01-10-2013, 10:34 PMaway - #12
duval88 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,147 | 19955105
Originally Posted by Da Ill One
that kind of sucks...but I didn't know people actually stream them on their phone that much... I just download to my phone and watch whenever I want, never know when you don't/won't get sturdy enough signal to stream without lagging...
I stream Pandora and Spotify in my car all the time

Originally Posted by Y.G.


My fault, it does have a 2-year contract. Still a good plan though.
I still don't see the plan you're talking about for $60. The only plan with 500 minutes and unlimited data I see on their site is $80.

edit: Nvm. I see it now, you have to order just the sim card to get it at that price I think. That's tempting for unlimited no throttling HSPA+ but I can't #### with contracts anymore

Last edited by duval88; 01-10-2013 at 10:36 PM..
 01-10-2013, 11:45 PMaway - #13
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$26,673 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by duval88
I still don't see the plan you're talking about for $60. The only plan with 500 minutes and unlimited data I see on their site is $80.

edit: Nvm. I see it now, you have to order just the sim card to get it at that price I think. That's tempting for unlimited no throttling HSPA+ but I can't #### with contracts anymore


Looks like they updated their plans. Now they have a no contract plan with unlimited everything for $70. They also have a $30 contract plan that has 100 minutes, unlimited text and 4G data with a 5GB cap.
 01-11-2013, 12:34 AMonline - #14
Ari Gold 238 heat pts238

  d 
space
$7,832 | POWERFUL
I've been searching for a cheap iPhone 4 or 5 for the last 2 months because their pay as you go plan has supported iPhone for awhile. They have Data restrictions but all I'd do is surf the internet with it anyways. Anybody know a site for cheap iphones?
 01-11-2013, 12:36 AMonline - #15
MakeItHappen456 35 heat pts35

  d 
space
$4,435 | POWERFUL
virgin mobile $55 dollar unlimited plan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 01-11-2013, 12:43 AMaway - #16
StuNNa 124 heat pts124

  d 
space
$36,369 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dangerously
What Wal-Mart shopper can afford that? If anyone is going contract free for those process they're for damn sure not doing it on Wal-Mart's MVNO.

Its a good deal, I just don't see the savings when you know your data is getting metered at a low cap.
ive been streaming on straight talk with youtube and netflix and i havent been throttled yet
 01-11-2013, 12:46 AMaway - #17
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$46,998 | POWERFUL
I'm not familiar with the iphone but can you use wifi instead of data? I a$sume you can so if that is the case what difference does the data limit matter?
 01-11-2013, 12:53 AMaway - #18
StuNNa 124 heat pts124

  d 
space
$36,369 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by itzjmoney510
I've been searching for a cheap iPhone 4 or 5 for the last 2 months because their pay as you go plan has supported iPhone for awhile. They have Data restrictions but all I'd do is surf the internet with it anyways. Anybody know a site for cheap iphones?
u wont be able to find a cheap new one. it will be close to full price brand new. if u want used, look at craigslist, swappa.com, or ebay.
 01-11-2013, 12:55 AMaway - #19
noelstayloco 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$273 | 1101302
Originally Posted by Fly 2ndComing
I'm not familiar with the iphone but can you use wifi instead of data? I a$sume you can so if that is the case what difference does the data limit matter?
You can totally use wi-fi and it won't count towards your data limit at all, the discussion over unlimited data/throttling is when you're using the phone itself to access the web instead of through your router (or starbucks, etc.)
 01-11-2013, 01:21 AMaway - #20
NiMaD 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,319 | 4160697
Gonna sell millions of these things after tax rebate checks start rolling in lol.
The wealthy idiots who buy them as a fashion statement and to be a trend follower are gonna see poor folk with em and they gonna ditch that #### in a heart beat lol. WATCH
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Jurassic World Official Trailer
99 comments
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was released 22 years ago today
51 comments
BOX Floyd Already Demanding Rematch Clause if He Fights P..
61 comments
 Image(s) inside Young Guru Pleads With Charlamagne The God: "you ...
New reply 25 seconds ago - 74 comments - by Roo 50
 NFL Ravens Steve Smith Sr. Fights Saints' Kenny Vaccaro
New reply 10 minutes ago - 58 comments - by italiansteve
 Video inside Lmao: Dc Goons Got Beef Wit Fat Trel Now Smh
New reply 2 minutes ago - 57 comments - by JNumbaNC
 NCAAF Cfb What We Learned This Week 13 #blamejameis
New reply 14 minutes ago - 54 comments - by CadillacVyse
 Image(s) inside Well Damn Gy Azalea Mocks The Black Panther Party
New reply 5 minutes ago - 118 comments - by weeknd44
 NFL Michael Sam Wishes He Hadn't Come Out Publicly Before ...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Bea5T
 Image(s) inside Jay-z's Bodyguard Look Like Da Devil, Bruhh
New reply 9 minutes ago - 51 comments - by GOD999
  Nov 24 - Usa Today: No Indictment In Ferguson Case
New reply 17 minutes ago - 127 comments - by KFrizzle

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,863 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,809 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.