This is BX @ Boxden.com

The Best Selling Gadgets Of 2012

The Best Selling Gadgets Of 2012
topic by Tiko377 - 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM - Boxden > BX Tech

As expected, the lists vary depending on who made it and where, because sales and usage differ according to territory. Be that as it ...

As expected, the lists vary depending on who made it and where, because sales and usage differ according to territory. Be that as it may, you might find your favorites in the list below.

PlayStation Vita

from Sony is listed as top favorite for 2012 in one list and 7th in another. A handheld console that began with PSPortable in 2004, more than 71.3 million units have been sold by 2011. The PSP Vita belongs to the group of elite gaming gadgets with the capability to exhibit truly stunning graphics. It also has a micro SD slot to play some popular PSP titles, increasing its abilities.

Apple iPad 4.

Thinner and about half lighter than iPad3, this gadget has a 9.7-inch Retina display, an HD camera called FaceTime, and real fast wi-fi performance. First three-day sales of iPad 4 and iPad mini was about three million, double that of the wireless-only iPad3.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung made a superhit with its Galaxy S3, a smartphone that sold 20 million units within 100 days of being made available, surpassing Apple’s iPhone4. With a 4.8-inch touchscreen, 8mp rear camera and 1.9mp front camera, Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS and a 1.4GHz 4Quad processor called Exynos, the line is a bold challenge to the supremacy of the iPhone. Maybe the succeeding versions of both lines will tell which should come on top.

Apple iPhone 4S

Released in the latter part of 2011, it was one of the most popular gadgets for 2012 in terms of sales. Although many would-have-been users preferred to wait for the iPhone5 version, this gadget still managed to post respectable sales figures because of its ‘upgrades’ over iPhone4. Among the more significant ones is the A5 dual-core processor which launches apps and loads web pages much quicker, and allows smoother multitasking jobs. Furthermore, the gadget has a better screen resolution for much more enjoyable gaming.

Apple iPhone 5

This was made available after much promotional fanfare, and it stands to reason it should make waves. It did, and for the rest of 2012, it was a best seller. Thinner, slimmer, and lighter at 112 grams, the iPhone 5 was a substantial ‘upgrade’ from the 4S with a larger, brighter, and better color saturation touchscreen that holds five icon rows instead of four in the previous versions. All in all, the iPhone 5 was a big improvement over the 4S, but the improvements are not big as expected by many consumers.

The Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga

It’s neither a notebook nor a tablet but can be either: it operates on Windows 8 system just like any laptop, has a touchscreen capability that nullifies the use of a mouse, and folds up for use as a tablet, although a rather bulky one. Its form perhaps indicates the shapes of things to come, and it was a perfect device for people who are more attuned to the classic laptop format but wants the portability of the newer tablets.

The above are just a few of the best-selling gadgets for 2012 so your much-loved item may not be there. If you do not have any of these gadgets or anything similar, you will enjoy acquiring one now at perhaps discounted rates, in anticipation of the later versions.

This was an article by Ying from RNA Automation – a world class provider of vision systems integration and vision inspection systems. Ying spends her spare time crawling through gadget sites keeping herself up to date on the latest trends.

The Best Selling Gadgets Of 2012 | TechWench.com

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

25 comments for "The Best Selling Gadgets Of 2012"

01-25-2013, 11:17 PMaway - #2
Jesszman 2179 heat pts2179

d 
space
$29,476 | POWERFUL
PlayStation Vita

from Sony is listed as top favorite for 2012 in one list and 7th in another. A handheld console that began with PSPortable in 2004, more than 71.3 million units have been sold by 2011. The PSP Vita belongs to the group of elite gaming gadgets with the capability to exhibit truly stunning graphics. It also has a micro SD slot to play some popular PSP titles, increasing its abilities.
Can't even fact check their ####
 01-27-2013, 02:42 AMaway - #3
youdug 155 heat pts155

d 
space
$3,667 | POWERFUL
Apple iPhone 5

This was made available after much promotional fanfare, and it stands to reason it should make waves. It did, and for the rest of 2012, it was a best seller. Thinner, slimmer, and lighter at 112 grams, the iPhone 5 was a substantial ‘upgrade’ from the 4S with a larger, brighter, and better color saturation touchscreen that holds five icon rows instead of four in the previous versions. All in all, the iPhone 5 was a big improvement over the 4S, but the improvements are not big as expected by many consumers.
 01-27-2013, 06:48 AMaway - #4
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by youduglas
lmfao
 01-27-2013, 07:06 AMonline - #5
mtva24 121 heat pts121

d 
space
$5,459 | POWERFUL
But it can now hold five rows
 01-27-2013, 11:12 AMonline - #6
Kewop Decam 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$6,085 | POWERFUL
didn't the Vita sell like #### though?
 01-27-2013, 12:04 PMonline - #7
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$3,918 | POWERFUL
Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung made a superhit with its Galaxy S3, a smartphone that sold 20 million units within 100 days of being made available, surpassing Apple’s iPhone4. With a 4.8-inch touchscreen, 8mp rear camera and 1.9mp front camera, Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS and a 1.4GHz 4Quad processor called Exynos, the line is a bold challenge to the supremacy of the iPhone. Maybe the succeeding versions of both lines will tell which should come on top.
Nice upgrade.. The S2 had a dual core processor as opposed to the US version S3s dual core processor, 8 mp rear camera as opposed to the S3s 8 mp camera, 1.9 megapixel front camera as opposed to to the S3s 1.9 mp front camera, and .5" bigger than the S3

Thats a hell of a difference if you really think about it

Thats why it was able to surpass the iPhone 4

01-27-2013, 05:51 PMaway - #8
Liquid-Science 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$16,376 | POWERFUL
I've only seen like 1 vita out in the streets
 01-27-2013, 07:17 PMaway - #9
wjcorner 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,430 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Liquid-Science
I've only seen like 1 vita out in the streets
my chief in basic had one
 01-28-2013, 07:32 AMaway - #10
youdug 155 heat pts155

d 
space
$3,667 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by XxHeAtMaKeRxX
Nice upgrade.. The S2 had a dual core processor as opposed to the US version S3s dual core processor, 8 mp rear camera as opposed to the S3s 8 mp camera, 1.9 megapixel front camera as opposed to to the S3s 1.9 mp front camera, and .5" bigger than the S3

Thats a hell of a difference if you really think about it

Thats why it was able to surpass the iPhone 4

come on now....

s2e4gt:

1.2ghz dual core exynos c210
4.5 inch 480x800
removable 1800 mAh battery
16/32gb storage
1gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
WIMAX

s3 cdma:

1.5ghz dual core snapdragon s4
4.8 inch 720x1280
removable 2100 mAh battery
16/32/64gb storage
2gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
50gb free dropbox storage
LTE

looks like a hell of an upgrade to me.

about the iphone 5:
how are you enjoying your extra row of apps in your app drawer?... i mean homescreen.
can you change it back to 4 and make the icons bigger?
can you make it 6 and make them smaller?
can you add an rss feed to your homescreen?
is it cool taking panorama pictures? it sure was cool 3 years ago when android got it. we have something called photosphere now. dont worry about that though. its scheduled for the iphone 7s.
hows your "retina" display?
would you say youve used more or less gas using apple maps?
do you enjoy the cool purple tint you get with your pictures? like a built in instagram filter.
wouldnt it be cool to be able to transfer files and pay for items with nfc?
is it difficult to watch movies, play games, and browse on such a small display? oh.. wait... its "retina" i keep forgetting.
if you want you can check out website for 45 unique iphone homescreens so you can maybe change your look up a little. heres some examples:

this ones different! huh!

oooohhh look at this one!

oh damn this ones k!llin the game!!!

heres even a few reviews of the site:

"This is probably one of the best articles ever on here. It’s so interesting! I’m also extremely curious as to where all the backgrounds came from..they’re so cool!"

"Yes, definitely one of the best Appstorm articles! *round of applause* Now, time to download these new apps! :p"

"Thank you!!! Great!
And please, make the same for iPad!"

Last edited by youdug; 01-28-2013 at 07:36 AM..
 01-28-2013, 08:53 AMonline - #11
LYTE 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$10,659 | POWERFUL
real talk
I was reading the upgrade from 4s to 5 like WTF!?
 01-28-2013, 08:55 AMonline - #12
LYTE 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$10,659 | POWERFUL
come on now....

s2e4gt:

4.5 inch 480x800
16/32gb storage
1gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
WIMAX

s3 cdma:

4.8 inch 720x1280
16/32/64gb storage
2gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
LTE

about the iphone 5:
how are you enjoying your extra row of apps in your app drawer?... i mean homescreen.
can you change it back to 4 and make the icons bigger?
can you make it 6 and make them smaller?
is it cool taking panorama pictures? it sure was cool 3 years ago when android got it. we have something called photosphere now. dont worry about that though. its scheduled for the iphone 7s.
hows your "retina" display?
would you say youve used more or less gas using apple maps?
do you enjoy the cool purple tint you get with your pictures? like a built in instagram filter.
wouldnt it be cool to be able to transfer files and pay for items with nfc?
is it difficult to watch movies, play games, and browse on such a small display? oh.. wait... its "retina" i keep forgetting.
if you want you can check out website for 45 unique iphone homescreens so you can maybe change your look up a little. heres some examples:

i dont care for the iphone(other Apple products I do)but your sarcasm right here is hilarious
 01-28-2013, 09:29 AMonline - #13

d 
space
$3,918 | POWERFUL
come on now....

s2e4gt:

4.5 inch 480x800
16/32gb storage
1gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
WIMAX

s3 cdma:

4.8 inch 720x1280
16/32/64gb storage
2gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
LTE

about the iphone 5:
can you change it back to 4 and make the icons bigger? cant do that on Android either
can you make it 6 and make them smaller? cant do that on Android either
is it cool taking panorama pictures? it sure was cool 3 years ago when android got it. we have something called photosphere now. dont worry about that though. its scheduled for the iphone 7s. bragging about panorama? there was an app on iOS for what you call photosphere before you had it
hows your "retina" display? better than your Super Amoled display
would you say youve used more or less gas using apple maps? i use google maps.. oh and did you hear that Google maps is better on iOS than on Android? yea, that came straight from Google
do you enjoy the cool purple tint you get with your pictures? like a built in instagram filter. i have a 4S, but thanks for your concern
wouldnt it be cool to be able to transfer files and pay for items with nfc? maybe when it becomes available at places i shop at then id consider that feature when buying a smartphone
is it difficult to watch movies, play games, and browse on such a small display? oh.. wait... its "retina" i keep forgetting. no, i have 20/20 vision brah. i dont need an extra inch to make up for my bad eyesight

heres even a few reviews of the site:

"This is probably one of the best articles ever on here. It’s so interesting! I’m also extremely curious as to where all the backgrounds came from..they’re so cool!"

"Yes, definitely one of the best Appstorm articles! *round of applause* Now, time to download these new apps! :p"

"Thank you!!! Great!
And please, make the same for iPad!"
hows your Samsung S3 though?

how are those random app crashes going? dont worry, all phones have bugs, some more than others lmao
what about the phone? how long has it gone since the last reboot?
what about the bluish tint for white colors? ah who needs the color white anyway?
hows the battery life on it? i know you carry a spare charger around though. can never tell with these phones nowadays lol
is the phone overheating? well, thats something one should expect with such an advanced phone so no biggie
i hope the lag was fixed with jelly bean, oh wait, are you still waiting for that update? now you guys have buttery smoothness, something iOS had for years and you guys are now enjoying it. feels good doesnt it?
those RSS feeds, widgets, and moving backgrounds dont consume too much battery i hope. well, theres always power saving mode
has your S3 hit the "Sudden de@th" point yet? all you can do is pray
need to go out somewhere in 45 mins but your phone is on 20% battery? tell your friends youll meet them in 3 hours when your phone hits 60%

no wonder the resale value on the S3 is up there with the iPhone.. oh wait

Last edited by XxHeAtMaKeRxX; 01-28-2013 at 09:31 AM..
 01-28-2013, 09:44 AMonline - #14

d 
space
$3,918 | POWERFUL
s2e4gt:

4.5 inch 480x800
16/32gb storage
1gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
WIMAX

s3 cdma:

4.8 inch 720x1280
16/32/64gb storage
2gb ram
8mp back, 1.9 front
micro sd slot
LTE

0.3ghz more
0.3" bigger
300 mAh more
1 GB more RAM

outdated technology

Last edited by XxHeAtMaKeRxX; 01-28-2013 at 09:48 AM..
 01-28-2013, 10:40 AMaway - #15
coolio 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$16,774 | POWERFUL
why u stanning a phone that u know is ####?

even YOU, of all people, stuck with the 4 rather than "upgrade"
 01-28-2013, 10:48 AMonline - #16

d 
space
$3,918 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by coolio
why u stanning a phone that u know is ####?

even YOU, of all people, stuck with the 4 rather than "upgrade"
im not stanning, just showing you guys how hypocritical and biased youre being

acting like the S3 doesnt have issues.. cmon now

anyway, i always get the S versions of the iPhone. was about to cop that Nexus 4 but it doesnt support LTE
 01-28-2013, 11:34 AMaway - #17
finishim 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$21,779 | POWERFUL
why are people mad about this and trying to compare something else, it clearly says best selling, not best by opinion
 01-28-2013, 12:10 PMaway - #18
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$26,165 | POWERFUL
Heatmaker still lying and saying Google Maps is better on iOS.

Design doesn't equal functionality.
 01-28-2013, 12:12 PMaway - #19
finishim 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$21,779 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.

EVERYTHING is better on iOS
 01-28-2013, 12:17 PMonline - #20

d 
space
$3,918 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.

they both do the same #### except Android has ads and iOS doesnt

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Apple Pay is double charging customers
72 comments
Image inside  Oct 22 - Female Gym Teacher Caught Sleeping With Youn..
65 comments
Image inside  Oct 21 - FBI Whistleblower: “U.S Is Reviving Terror S..
65 comments
 Video inside T.i. At The Breakfast Club: Iggy & Snoop, Ebola, G...
New reply 40 seconds ago - 87 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Autopsy Reveals Michael Brown Reached For Off...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 258 comments - by theFREAK
  Rumor: Troy Aves People Snuff Makkonen In Ny Show On A...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 134 comments - by 44wade
 NBA Kevin Love Already Getting Used To His 3rd Option Stat...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 67 comments - by The Bully
 Video inside Hater Punches Ilovemakonnen At Sobs
New reply 2 minutes ago - 174 comments - by EZ Green
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 6 minutes ago - 57 comments - by JewsusChrist
 NFL Brett Favre : "rams Austin Davis Can Be The Next ...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 83 comments - by theFREAK
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Don’t Think Russell Wi...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 193 comments - by st21

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.