This is BX @ Boxden.com


T-Mobile's LTE ambitions get real


 T-Mobile's LTE ambitions get real
topic by layzie8171 - 03-18-2013, 09:54 AM - Boxden > BX Tech


http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/18/t-mobile-lte-network-expansion/

T-Mobile's LTE ambitions get real: network expansion, the BlackBerry Z10 and an OTA update for the Galaxy Note II

AT&T's failed acquisition was the best thing to ever happen to T-Mobile. As a consequence of the failed merger, the fourth place wireless carrier received AWS spectrum in over 100 markets, a cash payout in the billions and an extensive roaming agreement with Ma Bell. All of which pushed the last place carrier into a stronger competitive standing. Now, as it nears the completion of a merger of its own devising with MetroPCS, the operator's gearing up to make good on its LTE promise. Starting today, an over-the-air update will begin rolling out to existing Galaxy Note II handsets that enables the previously dormant LTE radio. Which, if you've been keeping close tabs on Magenta's LTE plans, falls right on schedule with its previously announced 2013 deployment timeline.
engadget.com


> T-Mobile's LTE ambitions get real - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below! cant wait


share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

34 comments for "T-Mobile's LTE ambitions get real"


 03-18-2013, 10:01 AMaway - #2
mtbatol 8 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,526 | 15408281
oooooooooooooo!! 4G LTE for me Note 2??!? Me want, me want want waaaaaant
 03-18-2013, 10:25 PMonline - #3
layzie8171 41 heat pts41

  d 
space
$8,001 | POWERFUL
 03-19-2013, 03:14 AMaway - #4
LTE 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$278 | 10699614
T-Mo will be 3rd wireless carrier in no time.....better 3g speeds & will have better LTE speeds.
 03-19-2013, 05:10 AMaway - #5
P-Hill|M 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$25,702 | POWERFUL
I wonder if the N4 will get this same update to bring back the LTE
 03-20-2013, 12:06 AMonline - #6
StuNNa 116 heat pts116

  d 
space
$33,992 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by P-Hill
I wonder if the N4 will get this same update to bring back the LTE
im rocking a tmobile note 2 on straight talk, is it time to make the switch to tmobile
 03-20-2013, 12:26 AMonline - #7
240ka 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$10,539 | POWERFUL
Been with Tmo since 04 and not changing anytime soon
 03-20-2013, 12:51 AMaway - #8
123456 

  d 
space
$5,855 | 8170522
Originally Posted by Sprint LTE
T-Mo will be 3rd wireless carrier in no time.....better 3g speeds & will have better LTE speeds.
My S3 is #### on T-mobile though...Switches between H+ to 3G constantly. It's frustrating as hell.
 03-20-2013, 12:53 AMaway - #9
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$24,165 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 123456
My S3 is #### on T-mobile though...Switches between H+ to 3G constantly. It's frustrating as hell.
T-Mobile ain't moving up to the top 3 no time soon.
 03-20-2013, 02:01 AMaway - #10
Adamsville 113 heat pts113

  d 
space
$10,815 | POWERFUL
I got to get WiFi tethering back working, that speedtest is ####ting on my home internet badly
 03-20-2013, 02:07 AMonline - #11
xFMx ALCHEMiST 120 heat pts120

  d 
space
$6,947 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 240ka
Been with Tmo since 04 and not changing anytime soon
started from the bottom now we here
 03-20-2013, 06:25 AMaway - #12
x Tha Arkitek x 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$13,434 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 240ka
Been with Tmo since 04 and not changing anytime soon
Been with them since 2002. T-Mobile just needs to get more of the premium handsets now. No iPhone & watered down Windows Phone devices isn't going to cut it. I'm surprised they offer the S3 & Note 2 with the way the act with high end devices.

On another note, they have an event coming March 26....

 03-20-2013, 08:28 AMaway - #13
123456 

  d 
space
$5,855 | 8170522
Originally Posted by Y.G.
T-Mobile ain't moving up to the top 3 no time soon.
I mean when I get H+, I get perfect speeds. I've had up to 30,000mbps down and 12,000mbps up. But it's real spotty....If I walk out of that spot 10 feet, it can change.
 03-21-2013, 01:26 AMaway - #14
Shyne-C 72 heat pts72

  d 
space
$12,479 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by StuNNa
im rocking a tmobile note 2 on straight talk, is it time to make the switch to tmobile
Its time bro

 03-21-2013, 09:32 AMaway - #15
reazon_opt 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,408 | 6196010
Originally Posted by 240ka
Been with Tmo since 04 and not changing anytime soon
who u telling my mother worked in the corporate offices until the outsourced her job last year. but i get unlimited everything for life for only $25.00 a month... im NEVER switching..
 03-21-2013, 09:48 AMaway - #16
PhrozenMenace 

  d 
space
$11,326 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by reazon_opt
who u telling my mother worked in the corporate offices until the outsourced her job last year. but i get unlimited everything for life for only $25.00 a month... im NEVER switching..
lucky som####
 03-21-2013, 11:56 AMaway - #17
chi - lite 

  d 
space
$406 | 1599286
I GOT THE NOTE 2 FOR AT&T. I WORK IN A DEEP BASEMENT OF A BUILDING IN DOWNTOWN CHICAGO. IT'S TRIPPED OUT CAUSE THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN GET FULL ACCESS TO PHONE CALLS, TEXT, INTERNET WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM AT ALL IS SOMEBODY WITH T MOBILE. YOUTUBE, PANDORA, EVERYTHING. HE HAS A GS3... EVERYBODY ELSE ON AT&T, SPRINT, VERIZON ETC... TRAVEL OUTSIDE.
 03-21-2013, 02:16 PMaway - #18
Gamemusic 

  d 
space
$1,207 | 5195121
I'm with T-Mobile too. Shout-to to my boys that got the Note 2 with T-Mobile and getting to enjoy that quad core goodness. I also wish they got more of the top-tiered phones but it kind of seems like each carries has their exlcusives (Verizon-Droid series, Sprint-Evo series, At&T-Atrix series, and T-Mobile has the G series) and I'm glad we don't have Iphone. Everyone else can keep that ####.
 03-21-2013, 02:27 PMonline - #19
layzie8171 41 heat pts41

  d 
space
$8,001 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gamemusic
I'm with T-Mobile too. Shout-to to my boys that got the Note 2 with T-Mobile and getting to enjoy that quad core goodness. I also wish they got more of the top-tiered phones but it kind of seems like each carries has their exlcusives (Verizon-Droid series, Sprint-Evo series, At&T-Atrix series, and T-Mobile has the G series) and I'm glad we don't have Iphone. Everyone else can keep that ####.
tmo should be getting the iphone late this year. but thats beside the point. This S4 will be copped. i hope this LTE is up and running relatively soon.
 03-22-2013, 11:49 AMaway - #20
Seymore Cake 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$13,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 123456
I mean when I get H+, I get perfect speeds. I've had up to 30,000mbps down and 12,000mbps up. But it's real spotty....If I walk out of that spot 10 feet, it can change.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  PS4 “GayStation Edition” Up for Auction To Celebrate ..
57 comments
NBA Who you with? 1, 2, 3, or 4
90 comments
NBA Wad3 county
64 comments
 audio inside G-unit - Come Up
New reply 2 minutes ago - 69 comments - by KingP1n
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 3 minutes ago - 68 comments - by GoldBluded
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 86 comments - by King Henry
  Jul 26 - I’ve Worked At Mcdonald’s For 10 Years And St...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 350 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Video inside Batman V Superman Comic-con Trailer
New reply 2 minutes ago - 128 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Beautiful Mixed Mami Miss Kara Kara
New reply 7 minutes ago - 76 comments - by daddy31+2
 Image(s) inside Lil Durk Goin At Soulja Boy 4 Them Fufu Stack$$
New reply 3 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Muunsta
 Image(s) inside Jr Writer Got Locked Up For Attempted Robbery In The 2...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 55 comments - by castro

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.