This is BX @ Boxden.com

Switching from iPhone to HTC One/Android...anyone done it?

Switching from iPhone to HTC One/Android...anyone done it?
topic by Deuterion - 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM - Boxden > BX Tech

Hello,

I have iOS 7 and after using it I've come to realize that it's the same ol' OS with a little gloss and at this point I'm bored with it. iOS is just too basic of and OS and I think the HTC One is the perfect phone to move to because it's not a cheap piece of crap like the Galaxy line of phones so I won't be sacrificing build quality off top. As far as the software is concerned I think it's leagues ahead of iOS but everyday use is something else. So my question is...

Who has made the switch and how has been for you? Do you regret it? Do you think you'll ever go back to iOS? Thanks!

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for "Switching from iPhone to HTC One/Android...anyone done it?"

08-05-2013, 01:39 PMaway - #2
PsychoCyber 5 heat pts

d 
space
$5,058 | 13010418
not me, but one of my close friends made that switch and does not regret it. youll be fine
 08-05-2013, 01:44 PMaway - #3
Adamsville 115 heat pts115

d 
space
$11,091 | POWERFUL
 08-05-2013, 02:06 PMaway - #4
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$25,633 | POWERFUL
Moving from #### to ####. You won't notice a difference.
 08-05-2013, 02:14 PMonline - #5
NBA Brawler 83 heat pts83

d 
space
$12,638 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
 08-05-2013, 02:18 PMaway - #6
youdug 155 heat pts155

d 
space
$3,654 | POWERFUL
you know the note 3, g2, ultra z, honami, and one max are all either being released in the US or announced within the next two months.
i say wait. dont want to kick yourself later.
 08-05-2013, 02:22 PMaway - #7
dredre73 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$1,262 | 20063728
yea i did went to nexus 4 then to now droid razor m next is the new droid that drops in a few weeks. Never going back to apple.
 08-05-2013, 02:24 PMonline - #8
Deuterion 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,878 | POWERFUL
I think you have the time your mom made you move from the basement to the attic confused with the question I asked. Move along sir.
 08-05-2013, 02:32 PMaway - #9
ThePainkiller 299 heat pts299

d 
space
$52,929 | POWERFUL
 08-05-2013, 03:52 PMonline - #10
Deuterion 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,878 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PsychoCyber
not me, but one of my close friends made that switch and does not regret it. youll be fine
Thanks.

Originally Posted by youdug
you know the note 3, g2, ultra z, honami, and one max are all either being released in the US or announced within the next two months.
i say wait. dont want to kick yourself later.
I'm planning on making my decision once I see what the iPhone 5S is about.

Originally Posted by dredre73
yea i did went to nexus 4 then to now droid razor m next is the new droid that drops in a few weeks. Never going back to apple.
Do you miss the customer service at all? That's something that has got me kinda concerned plus not getting any of the future updates on my phone.
 08-05-2013, 08:01 PMaway - #11
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$25,633 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Deuterion
I think you have the time your mom made you move from the basement to the attic confused with the question I asked. Move along sir.
 08-05-2013, 08:04 PMaway - #12
layzie8171 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,269 | POWERFUL
anything htc is a piece of ####, so you wont see any difference
 08-05-2013, 10:31 PMaway - #13
kindabizzie 6 heat pts

d 
space
$500 | 5258328
I went from an iPhone 4 to an HTC One and I love it...

I personally wish I woulda waited for the Google Play Edition of it but I'm runnin' the CM 10.1 nightlies and it's just as good...
 08-05-2013, 10:44 PMaway - #14
PsychoCyber 5 heat pts

d 
space
$5,058 | 13010418
Originally Posted by kindabizzie
I went from an iPhone 4 to an HTC One and I love it...

I personally wish I woulda waited for the Google Play Edition of it but I'm runnin' the CM 10.1 nightlies and it's just as good...
they have GPE Roms on Xda allowing you to fully convert your phone bruh
 08-05-2013, 10:45 PMaway - #15
CM Punk 96 heat pts96

d 
space
$5,284 | POWERFUL
went from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One

had the HTC for a couple days it's cool and all, but I'm just used to the iPhone. Copped the 5 after a couple days

I had trouble putting my music and #### on it & once again Im just used to the iPhone

It's depends on you tho, I suggest going into the store and playing around with the phone first.

Don't get me wrong it's a cool good phone, in my opinion.

Keep us updated on what you do
 08-05-2013, 10:51 PMaway - #16
PsychoCyber 5 heat pts

d 
space
$5,058 | 13010418
Originally Posted by CM Punk
went from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One

had the HTC for a couple days it's cool and all, but I'm just used to the iPhone. Copped the 5 after a couple days

I had trouble putting my music and #### on it & once again Im just used to the iPhone

It's depends on you tho, I suggest going into the store and playing around with the phone first.

Don't get me wrong it's a cool good phone, in my opinion.

Keep us updated on what you do
thats actually one grip i have with this phone. the htc sync manager is trash so i had to dl a file manager app on my computer to transfer files to my One.
 08-05-2013, 11:15 PMaway - #17
kindabizzie 6 heat pts

d 
space
$500 | 5258328
Originally Posted by PsychoCyber
they have GPE Roms on Xda allowing you to fully convert your phone bruh
I have the Sprint version, it gets no love...
 08-06-2013, 02:39 AMonline - #18
Dodgers 

d 
space
$1,437 | 3726356
I have an iPhone5 and the only other phone i would get are the Galaxys. Everything else <<<
 08-06-2013, 04:33 AMaway - #19
PTC 117 heat pts117

d 
space
$6,754 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Deuterion
Hello,

I have iOS 7 and after using it I've come to realize that it's the same ol' OS with a little gloss and at this point I'm bored with it. iOS is just too basic of and OS and I think the HTC One is the perfect phone to move to because it's not a cheap piece of crap like the Galaxy line of phones so I won't be sacrificing build quality off top. As far as the software is concerned I think it's leagues ahead of iOS but everyday use is something else. So my question is...

Who has made the switch and how has been for you? Do you regret it? Do you think you'll ever go back to iOS? Thanks!
I did.

It was good at first...Y.G. helped me get started with a bunch of sites/apps to get me started.

I did the whole 9...root/rom/kernel/adjusting voltage and everything in between. You name it, I did it with my phone...outside of actually developing for it.

I got my phone September of last year, and I was running custom ROMs for a while...I tried all the main ones. I am currently on stock touchwhiz...because there is NO ROM that is 100% st@ble. They are cool, they speed up the phone tremendously, improve battery life...but its with a cost that wasn't worth it to me.

Do not believe anyone when it comes to ROMs and how st@ble something is. You have to try it yourself.

My battery is complete #### now and the phone is just bogged down and slow as #### (because I use touchwhiz (no launcher)). But it's st@ble aside for some apps from the playstore. I use a different messaging app because the default messaging app of touchwhiz sucks that much a$s.

I've been out of the loop a bit but I've read that this is an issue with android...as time goes on it just gets slower...even with stock android ie last years nexus 7.

I wouldn't steer you or anyone away from trying android. This is just my experience. Maybe you'll have a better one with the HTC one.

I was in the same boat as you...bored with iOS... wanted to try Android since it hit 4.0 which was supposed to be super fluid...etc... but everyones experience is different just as everyones needs are.

I'm personally just waiting for the 5s to come out and I'll be getting that. I was pondering the HTC one for a while but I'm glad I didn't get it.

Last edited by PTC; 08-06-2013 at 04:38 AM..
 08-06-2013, 08:08 AMonline - #20
Deuterion 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,878 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PTC
I did.

It was good at first...Y.G. helped me get started with a bunch of sites/apps to get me started.

I did the whole 9...root/rom/kernel/adjusting voltage and everything in between. You name it, I did it with my phone...outside of actually developing for it.

I got my phone September of last year, and I was running custom ROMs for a while...I tried all the main ones. I am currently on stock touchwhiz...because there is NO ROM that is 100% st@ble. They are cool, they speed up the phone tremendously, improve battery life...but its with a cost that wasn't worth it to me.

Do not believe anyone when it comes to ROMs and how st@ble something is. You have to try it yourself.

My battery is complete #### now and the phone is just bogged down and slow as #### (because I use touchwhiz (no launcher)). But it's st@ble aside for some apps from the playstore. I use a different messaging app because the default messaging app of touchwhiz sucks that much a$s.

I've been out of the loop a bit but I've read that this is an issue with android...as time goes on it just gets slower...even with stock android ie last years nexus 7.

I wouldn't steer you or anyone away from trying android. This is just my experience. Maybe you'll have a better one with the HTC one.

I was in the same boat as you...bored with iOS... wanted to try Android since it hit 4.0 which was supposed to be super fluid...etc... but everyones experience is different just as everyones needs are.

I'm personally just waiting for the 5s to come out and I'll be getting that. I was pondering the HTC one for a while but I'm glad I didn't get it.
Ok thanks...5S it is then.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA LIVE 15 Gameplay Improvements: Offense
53 comments
NBA Kobe looking far from Flabby
69 comments
NBA So Anthony Davis is the Best PF in the League?
53 comments
 Article inside T.i. Protégé Doe B’s Gravesite “disturbed” By Culprits
New reply 4 seconds ago - 64 comments - by sdot216
 NBA #nba2krank - Rankings For Every Nba Player
New reply 9 minutes ago - 81 comments - by Gremlin
 Video inside Acting Hard On Tv Goes Wrong!
New reply 13 seconds ago - 60 comments - by majestykagiso
 audio inside New Joe Budden - Nothing Changes Ft Ransom & Tsu S...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 53 comments - by dominicanlink12
  Sep 30 - White Woman Sues, Says Sperm Bank Gave Vials ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 134 comments - by BeatTycoon
 NBA Kobe: "dantoni And I Didn't Share Philosophies On...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 66 comments - by theblast22
  Sep 30 - Two Female High School Teachers Accused Of Se...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 150 comments - by Blockburner28
  Sep 30 - Breaking News: First Ebola Patient In America...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 114 comments - by pandadays

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX | none new today 4,800 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.