Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular today #top20 top last 48hrs all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Switching from iPhone to HTC One/Android...anyone done it?

whats popular right now | see more
most viewed right now
96 viewing
 NFL Video Shows Aaron Hernandez Dancing Near Gas Pump Befo..
28 comments
most viewed right now
96 viewing
 NBA Kobe Bryant Explains Why He Never Got Along With Dwigh..
36 comments

top in section
59 viewing
Image inside Alley boy beat up then taunts lil phats death
top in hiphop
top in section
29 viewing
NBA Miami Heat sign Michael Beasley to 10-day contract
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Switching from iPhone to HTC One/Android...anyone done it?
topic by Deuterion - 08-05-2013, 02:30 PM


Hello,

I have iOS 7 and after using it I've come to realize that it's the same ol' OS with a little gloss and at this point I'm bored with it. iOS is just too basic of and OS and I think the HTC One is the perfect phone to move to because it's not a cheap piece of crap like the Galaxy line of phones so I won't be sacrificing build quality off top. As far as the software is concerned I think it's leagues ahead of iOS but everyday use is something else. So my question is...

Who has made the switch and how has been for you? Do you regret it? Do you think you'll ever go back to iOS? Thanks!



19 comments for "Switching from iPhone to HTC One/Android...anyone done it?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 08-05-2013, 02:39 PMaway - #2
PsychoCyber 28 heat pts28 space
$5,605 | POWERFUL
not me, but one of my close friends made that switch and does not regret it. youll be fine
 08-05-2013, 02:44 PMaway - #3
Adamsville 117 heat pts117 space
$11,479 | POWERFUL
 08-05-2013, 03:06 PMaway - #4
Y.G. 22 heat pts22 space
$28,338 | POWERFUL
Moving from sh*t to sh*t. You won't notice a difference.
 08-05-2013, 03:14 PMaway - #5
NBA Brawler 87 heat pts87 space
$13,555 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
Moving from sh*t to sh*t. You won't notice a difference.
 08-05-2013, 03:18 PMonline - #6
youdug 158 heat pts158 space
$3,939 | POWERFUL
you know the note 3, g2, ultra z, honami, and one max are all either being released in the US or announced within the next two months.
i say wait. dont want to kick yourself later.
 08-05-2013, 03:22 PMaway - #7
dredre73 32 heat pts32 space
$1,262 | 20063728
yea i did went to nexus 4 then to now droid razor m next is the new droid that drops in a few weeks. Never going back to apple.
 08-05-2013, 03:24 PMaway - #8
Deuterion 1 heat pts space
$3,198 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
Moving from sh*t to sh*t. You won't notice a difference.
I think you have the time your mom made you move from the basement to the attic confused with the question I asked. Move along sir.
 08-05-2013, 03:32 PMaway - #9
ThePainkiller 306 heat pts306 space
$55,749 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
Moving from sh*t to sh*t. You won't notice a difference.
 08-05-2013, 04:52 PMaway - #10
Deuterion 1 heat pts space
$3,198 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PsychoCyber
not me, but one of my close friends made that switch and does not regret it. youll be fine
Thanks.

Originally Posted by youdug
you know the note 3, g2, ultra z, honami, and one max are all either being released in the US or announced within the next two months.
i say wait. dont want to kick yourself later.
I'm planning on making my decision once I see what the iPhone 5S is about.

Originally Posted by dredre73
yea i did went to nexus 4 then to now droid razor m next is the new droid that drops in a few weeks. Never going back to apple.
Do you miss the customer service at all? That's something that has got me kinda concerned plus not getting any of the future updates on my phone.
 08-05-2013, 09:01 PMaway - #11
Y.G. 22 heat pts22 space
$28,338 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Deuterion
I think you have the time your mom made you move from the basement to the attic confused with the question I asked. Move along sir.
 08-05-2013, 09:04 PMaway - #12
layzie8171 41 heat pts41 space
$8,806 | POWERFUL
anything htc is a piece of sh*t, so you wont see any difference
 08-05-2013, 11:31 PMonline - #13
kindabizzie 8 heat pts space
$630 | 6963144
I went from an iPhone 4 to an HTC One and I love it...

I personally wish I woulda waited for the Google Play Edition of it but I'm runnin' the CM 10.1 nightlies and it's just as good...
 08-05-2013, 11:44 PMaway - #14
PsychoCyber 28 heat pts28 space
$5,605 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kindabizzie
I went from an iPhone 4 to an HTC One and I love it...

I personally wish I woulda waited for the Google Play Edition of it but I'm runnin' the CM 10.1 nightlies and it's just as good...
they have GPE Roms on Xda allowing you to fully convert your phone bruh
 08-05-2013, 11:45 PMaway - #15
CM Punk 103 heat pts103 space
$5,668 | POWERFUL
went from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One

had the HTC for a couple days it's cool and all, but I'm just used to the iPhone. Copped the 5 after a couple days

I had trouble putting my music and sh*t on it & once again Im just used to the iPhone

It's depends on you tho, I suggest going into the store and playing around with the phone first.

Don't get me wrong it's a cool good phone, in my opinion.

Keep us updated on what you do
 08-05-2013, 11:51 PMaway - #16
PsychoCyber 28 heat pts28 space
$5,605 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CM Punk
went from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One

had the HTC for a couple days it's cool and all, but I'm just used to the iPhone. Copped the 5 after a couple days

I had trouble putting my music and sh*t on it & once again Im just used to the iPhone

It's depends on you tho, I suggest going into the store and playing around with the phone first.

Don't get me wrong it's a cool good phone, in my opinion.

Keep us updated on what you do
thats actually one grip i have with this phone. the htc sync manager is trash so i had to dl a file manager app on my computer to transfer files to my One.
 08-06-2013, 12:15 AMonline - #17
kindabizzie 8 heat pts space
$630 | 6963144
Originally Posted by PsychoCyber
they have GPE Roms on Xda allowing you to fully convert your phone bruh
I have the Sprint version, it gets no love...
 08-06-2013, 03:39 AMonline - #18
Dodgers 3 heat pts space
$1,620 | 6677958
I have an iPhone5 and the only other phone i would get are the Galaxys. Everything else <<<
 08-06-2013, 05:33 AMonline - #19
PTC 126 heat pts126 space
$7,132 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Deuterion
Hello,

I have iOS 7 and after using it I've come to realize that it's the same ol' OS with a little gloss and at this point I'm bored with it. iOS is just too basic of and OS and I think the HTC One is the perfect phone to move to because it's not a cheap piece of crap like the Galaxy line of phones so I won't be sacrificing build quality off top. As far as the software is concerned I think it's leagues ahead of iOS but everyday use is something else. So my question is...

Who has made the switch and how has been for you? Do you regret it? Do you think you'll ever go back to iOS? Thanks!
I did.

It was good at first...Y.G. helped me get started with a bunch of sites/apps to get me started.

I did the whole 9...root/rom/kernel/adjusting voltage and everything in between. You name it, I did it with my phone...outside of actually developing for it.

I got my phone September of last year, and I was running custom ROMs for a while...I tried all the main ones. I am currently on stock touchwhiz...because there is NO ROM that is 100% stable. They are cool, they speed up the phone tremendously, improve battery life...but its with a cost that wasn't worth it to me.

Do not believe anyone when it comes to ROMs and how stable something is. You have to try it yourself.

My battery is complete sh*t now and the phone is just bogged down and slow as fu*k (because I use touchwhiz (no launcher)). But it's stable aside for some apps from the playstore. I use a different messaging app because the default messaging app of touchwhiz sucks that much a.ss.

I've been out of the loop a bit but I've read that this is an issue with android...as time goes on it just gets slower...even with stock android ie last years nexus 7.

I wouldn't steer you or anyone away from trying android. This is just my experience. Maybe you'll have a better one with the HTC one.

I was in the same boat as you...bored with iOS... wanted to try Android since it hit 4.0 which was supposed to be super fluid...etc... but everyones experience is different just as everyones needs are.

I'm personally just waiting for the 5s to come out and I'll be getting that. I was pondering the HTC one for a while but I'm glad I didn't get it.

Last edited by PTC; 08-06-2013 at 05:38 AM..
 08-06-2013, 09:08 AMaway - #20
Deuterion 1 heat pts space
$3,198 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PTC
I did.

It was good at first...Y.G. helped me get started with a bunch of sites/apps to get me started.

I did the whole 9...root/rom/kernel/adjusting voltage and everything in between. You name it, I did it with my phone...outside of actually developing for it.

I got my phone September of last year, and I was running custom ROMs for a while...I tried all the main ones. I am currently on stock touchwhiz...because there is NO ROM that is 100% stable. They are cool, they speed up the phone tremendously, improve battery life...but its with a cost that wasn't worth it to me.

Do not believe anyone when it comes to ROMs and how stable something is. You have to try it yourself.

My battery is complete sh*t now and the phone is just bogged down and slow as fu*k (because I use touchwhiz (no launcher)). But it's stable aside for some apps from the playstore. I use a different messaging app because the default messaging app of touchwhiz sucks that much a.ss.

I've been out of the loop a bit but I've read that this is an issue with android...as time goes on it just gets slower...even with stock android ie last years nexus 7.

I wouldn't steer you or anyone away from trying android. This is just my experience. Maybe you'll have a better one with the HTC one.

I was in the same boat as you...bored with iOS... wanted to try Android since it hit 4.0 which was supposed to be super fluid...etc... but everyones experience is different just as everyones needs are.

I'm personally just waiting for the 5s to come out and I'll be getting that. I was pondering the HTC one for a while but I'm glad I didn't get it.
Ok thanks...5S it is then.
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech
  
    
          join bx


 



top last 48 hrs
33 viewing
Image inside  All :mjcry: smileys post here
89 comments
top last 48 hrs
19 viewing
NFL Direct link to the incident report filed for the July, 2..
66 comments
top last 48 hrs
60 viewing
Image inside  Alley boy beat up then taunts lil phats death
100 comments
 Video inside Video Alley Boy Beat Up And Chased Through The...
New reply 18 seconds ago - 493 comments - by SLR CHOOPA
  Drake Just Did Something That Jay, Nas, Wayne,...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 127 comments - by echion911
  The Details Of A Cash Money Records "deal...
New reply 58 seconds ago - 91 comments - by El Genio
 NFL Espn Todd Mcshay 2015 Mock Draft 3.0 [amari Co...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 74 comments - by Bkjj11
 Video inside Rich Homie Quan Talks Stepping Away From Rich ...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 63 comments - by GameTheory
 Image(s) inside Feb 25 - Soldier Refuses To Tip Server Because...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 54 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Image(s) inside Chiwire:lil Reese G Checks Montana Of 300
New reply 8 minutes ago - 119 comments - by NoLastName
 Video inside Dave Chappelle Gets Viciously Stomped By A Gro...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 75 comments - by Chalky
last 48 hours

like bx on facebook


follow bx on twitter
5,930 fans of BX | none new today 4,902 following and 1 new today

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement   |   Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.