This is BX @ Boxden.com

Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls

Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls
topic by mr_underground - 04-29-2013, 10:02 PM - Boxden > BX Tech

Samsung on Monday announced its new third-generation Galaxy Tab, a modestly equipped 7-inch tablet with a 3G-enabled variant that will also double as a phone.

Specifications on the Galaxy Tab 3 suggest Samsung intends to undercut the $329 starting price of Apple's iPad mini, though pricing has not been announced. The Galaxy Tab 3 will mark Samsung's second mid-sized tablet entry for 2013, following the release in April of its Galaxy Note 8.0, a stylus-enabled affair that competes more directly with the iPad mini in terms of screen size and capabilities.

The new tablet will include a 7-inch display at a resolution of 1,024 by 600 pixels, and it will be backed by a 1.2-gigahertz processor and options for 8 or 16 gigabytes of internal storage. The Galaxy Tab 3 will also sport a 3-megapixel rear camera, plus a 1.3-megapixel forward-facing lens. It will ship with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
> Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below!

One of the key features of the Galaxy Tab 3 highlighted by Samsung was the "easy handgrip and portability" with its new 7-inch-class tablet. It features a thinner bezel than the previous-generation Galaxy Tab 2.

Perhaps most interesting about the Galaxy Tab 3 is the 3G model, which will be able to take phone calls like a smartphone. Unlike Apple's iPad mini, the Galaxy Tab 3 will not offer high-speed 4G LTE wireless connectivity.

Samsung announced that the Galaxy Tab 3 will launch globally beginning in May with the Wi-Fi-only model. The 3G-capable version with phone call functionality will debut in June.

Samsung's new 7" Galaxy Tab 3 to take on Apple's iPad mini, and take phone calls

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

9 comments for "Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls"

04-29-2013, 10:05 PMaway - #2
Ldogg310 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,585 | POWERFUL
 04-29-2013, 10:08 PMaway - #3
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$26,300 | POWERFUL
And it begins.

ni##as bout to be walking around with #### the size of textbooks on the side of their heads, making calls.
 04-29-2013, 10:12 PMaway - #4
ThePainkiller 300 heat pts300

d 
space
$53,397 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
And it begins.

ni##as bout to be walking around with #### the size of textbooks on the side of their heads, making calls.
Well I guess when those HTC sheep batteries give out, they can use their tablets to call their friends asking for a charger
 04-30-2013, 05:14 AMaway - #5
one2remember 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,999 | 14727088
okay well i thought the tab 2 was dope, i had that ubuntu on it and a little keyboard.if i needed that little thing could do work. now if i can use a bluetooth headset to take calls this little thing gonna be a problem. Why the hate?
 04-30-2013, 05:56 AMonline - #6
WestbankThugBoy 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$8,381 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
And it begins.

Bluetooth?
 04-30-2013, 07:22 AMaway - #7
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$6,993 | 12236718
i swear these tablets make no F'n sense..#### is a 3 MP camera ..why are they still on 3 MP ..phones been off 3 MP for almost 4 or 5 years..like come on. max one of these bad boys out and maybe they'll pick up and people will start buying them. but why would i but it if my phone is more powerful
 04-30-2013, 07:25 AMaway - #8
LudeyLu 1 heat pts

d 
space
$518 | 1083291

Nah...
 04-30-2013, 10:11 AMaway - #9
Tony Franks 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,424 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Shizz
i swear these tablets make no F'n sense..#### is a 3 MP camera ..why are they still on 3 MP ..phones been off 3 MP for almost 4 or 5 years..like come on. max one of these bad boys out and maybe they'll pick up and people will start buying them. but why would i but it if my phone is more powerful
I'm with u. Plus, not even 4G? I have no need for this.
 04-30-2013, 11:30 AMaway - #10
mtbatol 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,649 | 16345263
Found a replacement for my Note 2

The Galaxy Tab 3 will also sport a 3-megapixel rear camera,
ooh, nevermind

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
63 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
79 comments
NBA Carmelo Anthony busts a nut in Lebron's eye (video)
91 comments
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 55 seconds ago - 101 comments - by Frankybaby
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 24 minutes ago - 1366 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 Image(s) inside Hov. Migos. Rowdy Rebel
New reply 1 minute ago - 65 comments - by chrismb
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 25 minutes ago - 117 comments - by MANNYSOSA
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 13 minutes ago - 122 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Josh Smith Responds To Kenneth Faried, Calls Him ‘a Cl...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 67 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
  Bigguccisosa Stream Out Now #sosaseason
New reply 13 minutes ago - 63 comments - by NoLastName
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 44 minutes ago - 157 comments - by lilbeast

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.