This is BX @ Boxden.com

Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls

Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls
topic by mr_underground - 04-29-2013, 10:02 PM - Boxden > BX Tech

Samsung on Monday announced its new third-generation Galaxy Tab, a modestly equipped 7-inch tablet with a 3G-enabled variant that will also double as a phone.

Specifications on the Galaxy Tab 3 suggest Samsung intends to undercut the $329 starting price of Apple's iPad mini, though pricing has not been announced. The Galaxy Tab 3 will mark Samsung's second mid-sized tablet entry for 2013, following the release in April of its Galaxy Note 8.0, a stylus-enabled affair that competes more directly with the iPad mini in terms of screen size and capabilities.

The new tablet will include a 7-inch display at a resolution of 1,024 by 600 pixels, and it will be backed by a 1.2-gigahertz processor and options for 8 or 16 gigabytes of internal storage. The Galaxy Tab 3 will also sport a 3-megapixel rear camera, plus a 1.3-megapixel forward-facing lens. It will ship with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
> Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below!

One of the key features of the Galaxy Tab 3 highlighted by Samsung was the "easy handgrip and portability" with its new 7-inch-class tablet. It features a thinner bezel than the previous-generation Galaxy Tab 2.

Perhaps most interesting about the Galaxy Tab 3 is the 3G model, which will be able to take phone calls like a smartphone. Unlike Apple's iPad mini, the Galaxy Tab 3 will not offer high-speed 4G LTE wireless connectivity.

Samsung announced that the Galaxy Tab 3 will launch globally beginning in May with the Wi-Fi-only model. The 3G-capable version with phone call functionality will debut in June.

Samsung's new 7" Galaxy Tab 3 to take on Apple's iPad mini, and take phone calls

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

9 comments for "Samsung Goes Hard...Galaxy Tab 3 Will Take Phone Calls"

04-29-2013, 10:05 PMaway - #2
Ldogg310 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,575 | POWERFUL
 04-29-2013, 10:08 PMaway - #3
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$26,113 | POWERFUL
And it begins.

ni##as bout to be walking around with #### the size of textbooks on the side of their heads, making calls.
 04-29-2013, 10:12 PMaway - #4
ThePainkiller 299 heat pts299

d 
space
$53,122 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
And it begins.

ni##as bout to be walking around with #### the size of textbooks on the side of their heads, making calls.
Well I guess when those HTC sheep batteries give out, they can use their tablets to call their friends asking for a charger
 04-30-2013, 05:14 AMaway - #5
one2remember 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,998 | 14727088
okay well i thought the tab 2 was dope, i had that ubuntu on it and a little keyboard.if i needed that little thing could do work. now if i can use a bluetooth headset to take calls this little thing gonna be a problem. Why the hate?
 04-30-2013, 05:56 AMonline - #6
WestbankThugBoy 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$8,312 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
And it begins.

Bluetooth?
 04-30-2013, 07:22 AMonline - #7
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$6,985 | 12236718
i swear these tablets make no F'n sense..#### is a 3 MP camera ..why are they still on 3 MP ..phones been off 3 MP for almost 4 or 5 years..like come on. max one of these bad boys out and maybe they'll pick up and people will start buying them. but why would i but it if my phone is more powerful
 04-30-2013, 07:25 AMaway - #8
LudeyLu 1 heat pts

d 
space
$518 | 1083291

Nah...
 04-30-2013, 10:11 AMonline - #9
Tony Franks 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,380 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Shizz
i swear these tablets make no F'n sense..#### is a 3 MP camera ..why are they still on 3 MP ..phones been off 3 MP for almost 4 or 5 years..like come on. max one of these bad boys out and maybe they'll pick up and people will start buying them. but why would i but it if my phone is more powerful
I'm with u. Plus, not even 4G? I have no need for this.
 04-30-2013, 11:30 AMaway - #10
mtbatol 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,611 | 15413284
Found a replacement for my Note 2

The Galaxy Tab 3 will also sport a 3-megapixel rear camera,
ooh, nevermind

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Xbox Won multitasking at work (Party/Movie/Game)
88 comments
NBA Derrick Rose Highlights vs. Cavs - 30PTS (12/18 FG, 4/5..
57 comments
NBA REPORT: Source Claims Kobe Nearly Prevented Steve Nash T..
54 comments
  Chief Keef Dropped From Interscope
New reply 12 seconds ago - 276 comments - by youngige
 Video inside Smack/url Presents- Shotgun Suge Vs Charron [discussio...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 115 comments - by ZeusSlaps
  10 Producers Accused Of Making The Same Beat Over And ...
New reply 19 seconds ago - 128 comments - by sittinpretti
 Image(s) inside I Think It Is Safe To Say That Any Bx Member Would Plo...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 84 comments - by Ole-G
 Image(s) inside Slowbucks Responds
New reply 3 minutes ago - 117 comments - by ajeana
 Image(s) inside Oct 20 - There's One Skill Worth More Than A Harvard D...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 121 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  What Podcasts Help You Get Through Work?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 67 comments - by what ever
 Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds 2 Ig Comment
New reply 11 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Dray

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,792 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.