b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Samsung annouces Eight-core Exynos 5 'Octa' chip at CES

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech
  
    
          join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Samsung annouces Eight-core Exynos 5 'Octa' chip at CES
topic by lse4 - 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM




Samsung announces eight-core Exynos 5 'Octa' chip at CES

Samsung's second keynote, and the news keeps coming. The mobile giant has just annouced a new Exynos 5 Octa chip, based on the ARM big.LITTLE / Cortex A15 architecture. Designed to be a low powered, high performance mobile processor. Samsung claims that the 3D gaming performance is twice that of anything available at the moment. The demonstration given on stage by Dr Woo showed him searching for restaurants and watching an HD movie while singing the virtues of its fast performance and power sipping abilities. While we don't have full details at the moment, this sounds very much like the \chips that we heard about back in November that is expected to run dual quad-core set ups (1.8GHz A15 for the hard work, 1.2GHz A7 for lighter tasks) all on a 28-nanometer process.


The Following BX resident gave props to lse4 (Sent To 9,440 Subscribers)  HEAT HOT TOPIC (Blog'd,RSS'd,Tweet'd and Facebook'd)  (01-09-2013)

18 comments for "Samsung annouces Eight-core Exynos 5 'Octa' chip at CES"


 01-09-2013, 05:52 PMaway - #2
fat_boyy21 254 heat pts254

  d 
space
$7,915 | POWERFUL
I dont care for cores, i care for quality. we need some bench marks of this against the tegra4 and qualcomm 600
 01-09-2013, 06:08 PMaway - #3
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$27,822 | POWERFUL
This #### better have LTE integrated. Why the Tegra 4 doesn't is beyond me.
 01-09-2013, 07:28 PMaway - #4
Dangerously 210 heat pts210

  d 
space
$47,166 | POWERFUL
I just hope they're able to mass produce these for the US market.
 01-09-2013, 07:31 PMaway - #5
Manny05 

  d 
space
$17,167 | POWERFUL
hopefully that #### is in the s4. Oh lawd
But I doubt it.
 01-09-2013, 07:36 PMaway - #6
fat_boyy21 254 heat pts254

  d 
space
$7,915 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Manny05
hopefully that #### is in the s4. Oh lawd
But I doubt it.
it'll be in that note 3
 01-09-2013, 09:32 PMonline - #7
mr_underground|m 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$14,724 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by fat_boyy21
I dont care for cores, i care for quality. we need some bench marks of this against the tegra4 and qualcomm 600
Yep, AMD taught us all that cores mean nothing without quality control.
 01-09-2013, 10:56 PMaway - #8
EGO 54 heat pts54

  d 
space
$29,914 | POWERFUL
Samsung has been k!lling the game in mobile chipsets since the Hummingbird in the original Galaxy S, so why is there any doubt that this will be quality?
 01-09-2013, 11:55 PMaway - #9
D.O.H. 

  d 
space
$4,339 | 5734239
no OS out will even use those cores for another few years, most still don't even really use quad cores fully yet
 01-10-2013, 12:11 AMaway - #10
Adamsville 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$11,407 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by D.O.H.
no OS out will even use those cores for another few years, most still don't even really use quad cores fully yet
With all these providers stopping subsidizations, people should be future proofing their phones...
 01-10-2013, 12:21 AMaway - #11
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$27,822 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
Samsung has been k!lling the game in mobile chipsets since the Hummingbird in the original Galaxy S, so why is there any doubt that this will be quality?
Exactly. Dudes actin like the Exynos ain't nice.
 01-10-2013, 11:03 AMaway - #12
youdug 158 heat pts158

  d 
space
$3,913 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by D.O.H.
no OS out will even use those cores for another few years, most still don't even really use quad cores fully yet
how i understand it is that theres only going to be 4 cores running at a time. each 4 cores will be divided into two groups. one group will handle lighter processes and the other group gets kicked on when more intensive processes are running.
 01-10-2013, 06:25 PMaway - #13
Manny05 

  d 
space
$17,167 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by fat_boyy21
it'll be in that note 3
That's what I'm thinking.
Depending what they put in the s4, I might get the note 3.we just gotta wait and see
 01-10-2013, 07:13 PMaway - #14
fat_boyy21 254 heat pts254

  d 
space
$7,915 | POWERFUL
I hear ya .. I'm waiting for the nexus 5. If it doesn't come with a 1080p screen and lte then I think I'm going to pick up the note 3
 01-10-2013, 07:45 PMaway - #15
BRonin357 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,412 | 17201703
To everyone that says why this doesn't have that and that doesn't have this, I hope you have a microengineering degree and years of making microprocessors to dictate why they should have this or that on something! Until then STFU and realize that everything comes when it comes. I work in DuPont's R&D labs and know it takes a while to integrate new things into brand new processes! So calm down and be happy that they are still able to increase performance and lower energy consumption!
 01-11-2013, 05:32 PMaway - #16
Dillinger805 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$6,243 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by fat_boyy21
I hear ya .. I'm waiting for the nexus 5. If it doesn't come with a 1080p screen and lte then I think I'm going to pick up the note 3
ya thats what im waiting on i love my galaxy nexus and still have found no reason to change from it but kinda hope they drop an LTE version in the next Nexus release
 01-11-2013, 05:36 PMaway - #17
mtbatol 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,684 | 16355850
28 nanometer process eh?

Das wassup, altho I'll be even more hyped when chips crack down to 21-22 nm process which'll mean moar horsepower + less battery juice being used
 01-11-2013, 05:57 PMaway - #18
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$27,822 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BRonin357
To everyone that says why this doesn't have that and that doesn't have this, I hope you have a microengineering degree and years of making microprocessors to dictate why they should have this or that on something! Until then STFU and realize that everything comes when it comes. I work in DuPont's R&D labs and know it takes a while to integrate new things into brand new processes! So calm down and be happy that they are still able to increase performance and lower energy consumption!
stfu.
 01-11-2013, 06:06 PMaway - #19
Andrefrbk 802 heat pts802

  d 
space
$19,382 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mtbatol
28 nanometer process eh?

Das wassup, altho I'll be even more hyped when chips crack down to 21-22 nm process which'll mean moar horsepower + less battery juice being used
 


 



NFL Russell Wilson's "Pumped Up" Playlist
51 comments
Article inside  Jay Z is buying Spotify rival Tidal for $56 million
98 comments
Image inside  LMFAO @ Meek Mill Clowning 50 Cent By Giving Trey Son..
183 comments
  Jan 28 - Fossil Skull Suggests Humans And Neanderthals...
New reply 1 minute ago - 104 comments - by King Lux-Veritas
 NBA Kyrie's 93 Points In Two Days Most Since Kobe's 110 On...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 77 comments - by LuckiiWaviano
  Tattedupholly Exposing 50 On Instagram Right Now :dead:
New reply 3 minutes ago - 220 comments - by KING JAYY
  Suge Knight Hit And Run In Compton Victim Dead
New reply 21 minutes ago - 131 comments - by CEOLILB21
 Video inside Daz Dillinger Disses Suge Knight: "police Informa...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 63 comments - by youngmic
 audio inside What Are Some Of The Best Songs To Smoke To?!...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 52 comments - by SPLITP
 Image(s) inside Kanye West Father-in-law Bruce Jenner Reportedly Getti...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside The Official Dying Light Thread (ps4, Xbox One, Pc)
New reply 29 minutes ago - 82 comments - by Remy Lebeaw
last 48 hours

like bx on facebook


follow bx on twitter
5,932 fans of BX | none new today 4,905 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.