This is BX @ Boxden.com

Lockline/Asurion

Lockline/Asurion
topic by LYTE - 12-10-2012, 10:59 AM - Boxden > BX Tech

I remember the good old days when you call Lockline & tell them my phone isnt charging anymore.

then they send you a Sanyo 8300 upgrade from the 8200. though when I had to pay cash for my 8400(i didnt regret buying that phone outrigh)

these days, IDK wtf Im paying insurance for if I still have to pay a deductible.

What reason have you gave Asurion to avoid paying a deductible?

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "Lockline/Asurion"

12-10-2012, 11:37 AMaway - #2
BlackRepub85 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,971 | POWERFUL
well even with paying the deductible with asurion, you still come out lower than what it would cost for a new phone most of the time, especially if it's a smartphone. I personally don't get insurance because I've never broken a phone and it would be a waste of money for me. But I know people who break their phone every 3 months and who investing in this would be a life saver.

My friend got out of it because sprint if you have 4 repairs on your phone, it's a hidden policy they have to give you a new one at the store. 4 repairs, not 4 phones. Even most a$sociates over the phone and in the store don't know that.
 12-10-2012, 11:54 AMonline - #3
LYTE 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$10,219 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BlackRepub85
well even with paying the deductible with asurion, you still come out lower than what it would cost for a new phone most of the time, especially if it's a smartphone. I personally don't get insurance because I've never broken a phone and it would be a waste of money for me. But I know people who break their phone every 3 months and who investing in this would be a life saver.

My friend got out of it because sprint if you have 4 repairs on your phone, it's a hidden policy they have to give you a new one at the store. 4 repairs, not 4 phones. Even most a$sociates over the phone and in the store don't know that.
Fact
i think the term is multiple device swap. I had to go that route even though they didnt honor it. I didnt even f!ght.
I cut my insurance off for my evo a few months prior to my contracts expiration date.
Im thinking i may cut it off for this GNote 2 because $11 times 12months is $121. worse case scenario I can send it to Samsung for damage but in my whole 8 years being with sprint, I just broke a phone this month.

reason being my honey phone isnt charging. Now I know there are reasons they will send you a new phone but they try to blame EVERYTHINg on falls or water damage. Favorite line.

Last edited by LYTE; 12-10-2012 at 11:57 AM..
 12-10-2012, 12:14 PMaway - #4
BlackRepub85 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,971 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LYTE
Fact
i think the term is multiple device swap. I had to go that route even though they didnt honor it. I didnt even f!ght.
I cut my insurance off for my evo a few months prior to my contracts expiration date.
Im thinking i may cut it off for this GNote 2 because $11 times 12months is $121. worse case scenario I can send it to Samsung for damage but in my whole 8 years being with sprint, I just broke a phone this month.

reason being my honey phone isnt charging. Now I know there are reasons they will send you a new phone but they try to blame EVERYTHINg on falls or water damage. Favorite line.
Only reason I know is because I used to work there. I hear now they're even blaming people's sweat for water damage. I bought my phone with my credit card, so I get the 2 year warranty with it. From now on, I'm buying all major electronics with my credit card because of that.
 12-10-2012, 12:30 PMonline - #5
LYTE 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$10,219 | POWERFUL
Only reason I know is because I used to work there. I hear now they're even blaming people's sweat for water damage. I bought my phone with my credit card, so I get the 2 year warranty with it. From now on, I'm buying all major electronics with my credit card because of that.
i remember my Evo wasnt charging & i KNEW it was cause the wire had a short. I took it to a store & the rep said I needed a new battery or it was water damage. I told her I just need a replacement Usb cord. Snotty chic said she dont have any.

So I talked to a tech cause now my phone wasnt coming on. He took battery out & said "it is water damage(me - Really?*sarcasm*)Yes. these white spots on the back of the phone-he took cover off-are oxidation that comes from when the phone is wet & the water is processing into vapor." at this point IM LMFAO in my head but I calmly said "oh. I thought that came from me using crazy glue because my back piece was broke"

the fool had the look. trying to get scientifical for some !! that wasnt even relevant. Then he gives me a cord, that the woman said they didnt have & said "Good luck with that cord cause it wont work" I had a full battery ever since

Asurion just told me(my honey)the only way to get a free phone is software issues. i told her, let me upload some !! to her phone.
 12-10-2012, 12:49 PMaway - #6
BlackRepub85 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,971 | POWERFUL
The evo was probably the buggiest phone of all time. One my friends who still worked there showed me it had 7 pages of known issues, more than double of any other phones they had. The charging port especially, HTC did a!!poor job on it. And alot of them didn't even have solutions or said an update was coming to fix it. That phone was almost 2 years old, they weren't about to do no damn software upgrades.
 12-10-2012, 01:37 PMonline - #7
LYTE 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$10,219 | POWERFUL
The evo was probably the buggiest phone of all time. One my friends who still worked there showed me it had 7 pages of known issues, more than double of any other phones they had. The charging port especially, HTC did a!!poor job on it. And alot of them didn't even have solutions or said an update was coming to fix it. That phone was almost 2 years old, they weren't about to do no damn software upgrades.
my honey has the S2 that needs to be returned but the Evo I had, fucc that phone. Battery life was the main thing I hated. Most of my problems came updated to 2.2
 12-11-2012, 02:45 PMaway - #8
lexball50 

d 
space
$1,770 | 4681020
!! Asurion. And I mean that from the heart. They played me a couple months ago but its all good. I been using Best Buy's Geek Protection for a lil while now and it seems cool. They dont replace a stolen or lost phone but its no deductible for a broken or water damaged phone.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Official Oklahoma City Thunder (2) vs Memphis Grizzlies ..
106 comments
NBA Hawks vs Pacers - NBA Playoffs - Round #1 Eastern Confer..
1007 comments
NBA Memphis guard Nick Calathes(?) will be suspended 20 game..
51 comments
 MMA Ufc On Fox 11: Werdum Vs. Browne
New reply 39 seconds ago - 261 comments - by Jago
 NBA Paul Pierce Quote After Game 1
New reply 25 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Cambury
  What Is Your Age And What Are You Top 20 Favorite Hip-...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Pitts Gutta
 Article inside Lindsay Lohan Confirms $ex List Is Real, Says She Wrot...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 130 comments - by SM
 NBA Toronto Sun Newspaper Takes Shot At Paul Pierce & ...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Motion
 Image(s) inside Nike Has A Jordan Surprise Tomm (apr 19) 10am Edt
New reply 32 minutes ago - 65 comments - by MGz
 NBA Eastern Conference 1st Round: #3 Toronto Raptors (48-3...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 1465 comments - by maxnn
 Image(s) inside First Look : Air Jordan Xx9
New reply 41 minutes ago - 65 comments - by MGz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,702 fans of BX and 3 new today 4,652 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.