Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Lockline/Asurion

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
68 viewing
 Video inside Tyrone vs Big Brody
60 comments
most viewed right now
57 viewing
Article inside The Verge: "FWA Is Terrible, Carter 5 Won't See The Light Of Day"
148 comments

top in section
21 viewing
NBA Jahlil Okafor SL Highlights vs Spurs (2015.07.06) - 20 Pts, 9 Reb, 2 Blks ..
top in sports
top in section
33 viewing
Image inside Jul 6 - PIRATE BAY WAS WORTH DOING PRISON TIME FOR, CO-FOUNDER SAYS
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Lockline/Asurion
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #1
573 pageviews
7 comments


LYTE 65 heat pts65 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,296 | POWERFUL
I remember the good old days when you call Lockline & tell them my phone isnt charging anymore.

then they send you a Sanyo 8300 upgrade from the 8200. though when I had to pay cash for my 8400(i didnt regret buying that phone outrigh)

these days, IDK wtf Im paying insurance for if I still have to pay a deductible.

What reason have you gave Asurion to avoid paying a deductible?
Reply With Quote

7 comments for "Lockline/Asurion"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #2
BlackRepub85 8 heat pts space
avatar space
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
well even with paying the deductible with asurion, you still come out lower than what it would cost for a new phone most of the time, especially if it's a smartphone. I personally don't get insurance because I've never broken a phone and it would be a waste of money for me. But I know people who break their phone every 3 months and who investing in this would be a life saver.

My friend got out of it because sprint if you have 4 repairs on your phone, it's a hidden policy they have to give you a new one at the store. 4 repairs, not 4 phones. Even most a.ssociates over the phone and in the store don't know that.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #3
LYTE 65 heat pts65 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,296 | POWERFUL
BlackRepub85 said:
well even with paying the deductible with asurion, you still come out lower than what it would cost for a new phone most of the time, especially if it's a smartphone. I personally don't get insurance because I've never broken a phone and it would be a waste of money for me. But I know people who break their phone every 3 months and who investing in this would be a life saver.

My friend got out of it because sprint if you have 4 repairs on your phone, it's a hidden policy they have to give you a new one at the store. 4 repairs, not 4 phones. Even most a.ssociates over the phone and in the store don't know that.
Fact
i think the term is multiple device swap. I had to go that route even though they didnt honor it. I didnt even f!ght.
I cut my insurance off for my evo a few months prior to my contracts expiration date.
Im thinking i may cut it off for this GNote 2 because $11 times 12months is $121. worse case scenario I can send it to Samsung for damage but in my whole 8 years being with sprint, I just broke a phone this month.

reason being my honey phone isnt charging. Now I know there are reasons they will send you a new phone but they try to blame EVERYTHINg on falls or water damage. Favorite line.

Last edited by LYTE; 12-10-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #4
BlackRepub85 8 heat pts space
avatar space
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
LYTE said:
Fact
i think the term is multiple device swap. I had to go that route even though they didnt honor it. I didnt even f!ght.
I cut my insurance off for my evo a few months prior to my contracts expiration date.
Im thinking i may cut it off for this GNote 2 because $11 times 12months is $121. worse case scenario I can send it to Samsung for damage but in my whole 8 years being with sprint, I just broke a phone this month.

reason being my honey phone isnt charging. Now I know there are reasons they will send you a new phone but they try to blame EVERYTHINg on falls or water damage. Favorite line.
Only reason I know is because I used to work there. I hear now they're even blaming people's sweat for water damage. I bought my phone with my credit card, so I get the 2 year warranty with it. From now on, I'm buying all major electronics with my credit card because of that.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #5
LYTE 65 heat pts65 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,296 | POWERFUL
BlackRepub85 said:
Only reason I know is because I used to work there. I hear now they're even blaming people's sweat for water damage. I bought my phone with my credit card, so I get the 2 year warranty with it. From now on, I'm buying all major electronics with my credit card because of that.
i remember my Evo wasnt charging & i KNEW it was cause the wire had a short. I took it to a store & the rep said I needed a new battery or it was water damage. I told her I just need a replacement Usb cord. Snotty chic said she dont have any.

So I talked to a tech cause now my phone wasnt coming on. He took battery out & said "it is water damage(me - Really?*sarcasm*)Yes. these white spots on the back of the phone-he took cover off-are oxidation that comes from when the phone is wet & the water is processing into vapor." at this point IM LMFAO in my head but I calmly said "oh. I thought that came from me using crazy glue because my back piece was broke"

the fool had the look. trying to get scientifical for some sh*t that wasnt even relevant. Then he gives me a cord, that the woman said they didnt have & said "Good luck with that cord cause it wont work" I had a full battery ever since

Asurion just told me(my honey)the only way to get a free phone is software issues. i told her, let me upload some sh*t to her phone.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #6
BlackRepub85 8 heat pts space
avatar space
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
The evo was probably the buggiest phone of all time. One my friends who still worked there showed me it had 7 pages of known issues, more than double of any other phones they had. The charging port especially, HTC did a p!ss poor job on it. And alot of them didn't even have solutions or said an update was coming to fix it. That phone was almost 2 years old, they weren't about to do no damn software upgrades.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #7
LYTE 65 heat pts65 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,296 | POWERFUL
BlackRepub85 said:
The evo was probably the buggiest phone of all time. One my friends who still worked there showed me it had 7 pages of known issues, more than double of any other phones they had. The charging port especially, HTC did a p!ss poor job on it. And alot of them didn't even have solutions or said an update was coming to fix it. That phone was almost 2 years old, they weren't about to do no damn software upgrades.
my honey has the S2 that needs to be returned but the Evo I had, fucc that phone. Battery life was the main thing I hated. Most of my problems came updated to 2.2
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
lexball50  space
avatar space
Whats Happenin
space
$1,905 | 4914359
fu*k Asurion. And I mean that from the heart. They played me a couple months ago but its all good. I been using Best Buy's Geek Protection for a lil while now and it seems cool. They dont replace a stolen or lost phone but its no deductible for a broken or water damaged phone.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX Tech
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
9 viewing
Jul 5 - 30 people shot in 8 hours in Chicago
200 comments
@news
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside Stuck in a Basement for 10 Years: What Do You Pick?
288 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Possible Red Dead Redemption 2 Details
67 comments
@games
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Most unintentionally hilarious scene in a movie ever
121 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside 'Hong Kong is not China': Artist's illustrations go viral
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Jul 5 - Man poses as armored truck employee, walks out of Walmart with $75,000
101 comments
@news
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Video inside David Banner: What's Going On In Hip-Hop Today Is Embarrassing
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Image inside Reebok Classic Fans?
19 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
2 viewing
Image inside What Is Under Elizabeth Olsen's Skirt?
66 comments
@eyecandy

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time