This is BX @ Boxden.com


Linux Kernel 3.10 Adds big.LITTLE Support, Opening Door For CyanogenMod On Exynos Phones


 Linux Kernel 3.10 Adds big.LITTLE Support, Opening Door For CyanogenMod On Exynos Phones
topic by Jago - 07-03-2013, 06:34 AM - Boxden > BX Tech


> Linux Kernel 3.10 Adds big.LITTLE Support, Opening Door For CyanogenMod On Exynos Phones - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Linux godfather Linus Torvalds has certified that the official Linux kernel 3.10 is now in its final state; and, as far as our audience is concerned, the big addition to the Linux kernel is with enhanced ARM processor support. Specifically, the Linux kernel 3.10 has added support for big.LITTLE processors, which should help developers port Ubuntu Touch to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and other devices.

Ubuntu 13.10 has been planned to run on the Linux kernel 3.10, and Ubuntu 13.10 is going to be the version number of the first set of Ubuntu Touch phones. This means that as soon as the final build of the 3.10 Linux kernel is folded into the Ubuntu dailies, work will be able to begin on finally bringing support for Ubuntu Touch to the international Samsung Galaxy S4, which runs on the Samsung Exynos Octa 5. As yet there hadn't been any work to bring Ubuntu Touch to Samsung's new flagship, because right now the daily builds of Ubuntu Touch are based on Ubuntu 13.04.

The addition of big.LITTLE support could also make it easier for future Android devices and even Chrome OS devices to run on big.LITTLE processors, because Android manufacturers won't have to build in support for the processors.
Linux kernel 3.10 gets big.LITTLE support, should help Ubuntu come to the Galaxy S4


share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

10 comments for "Linux Kernel 3.10 Adds big.LITTLE Support, Opening Door For CyanogenMod On Exynos Phones"


 07-03-2013, 02:22 PMaway - #2
Scoop 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,986 | 11958420
rofl. newest linux kernel is 3.9.x
 07-03-2013, 02:32 PMaway - #3
youdug 155 heat pts155

  d 
space
$3,607 | POWERFUL
this is 3.10.... 9 is before 10 scoop lol.
this is coming from linus himself, its official.
when i read this earlier i thought they were updating the 3.1 kernel.
i didnt realize it was 3.10 until i just reread it.
thats why i didnt post this.
idk why they would add support for this anyway seeing as though samsung isnt even using their exynos processor in their future devices at this point.
both the s4 advanced and note 3 are gonna have the SD 800.

Last edited by youdug; 07-03-2013 at 02:37 PM..
 07-03-2013, 02:38 PMaway - #4
brand name 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$712 | 7635674
I never understood .10 versions; Once it gets to .9 the next update should be the next integer
 07-03-2013, 05:14 PMaway - #5
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$24,636 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by youduglas
this is 3.10.... 9 is before 10 scoop lol.
this is coming from linus himself, its official.
when i read this earlier i thought they were updating the 3.1 kernel.
i didnt realize it was 3.10 until i just reread it.
thats why i didnt post this.
idk why they would add support for this anyway seeing as though samsung isnt even using their exynos processor in their future devices at this point.
both the s4 advanced and note 3 are gonna have the SD 800.
Making stuff up are we?

Samsung still hasn't sorted out the reproduction issues with their chips. Why would they not use their own supply, in the future, once they're able to meet demand?
 07-03-2013, 10:08 PMaway - #6
youdug 155 heat pts155

  d 
space
$3,607 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
Making stuff up are we?

Samsung still hasn't sorted out the reproduction issues with their chips. Why would they not use their own supply, in the future, once they're able to meet demand?
i said AT THIS POINT.
the s4 advanced is confirmed to have the 800 soc.
the note 3 is rumored to have it.
2 of the tab 3's have a dual core exynos and the other has an intel.
i agree, why wouldnt they? what is the problem? why arent they using it for them devices?
i just know AT THIS POINT theyre not.

Last edited by youdug; 07-03-2013 at 10:12 PM..
 07-03-2013, 11:22 PMaway - #7
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$24,636 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by youduglas
i said AT THIS POINT.
the s4 advanced is confirmed to have the 800 soc.
the note 3 is rumored to have it.
2 of the tab 3's have a dual core exynos and the other has an intel.
i agree, why wouldnt they? what is the problem? why arent they using it for them devices?
i just know AT THIS POINT theyre not.
You just named two new Samsung devices that use the Exynos chip then proceed to say Samsung isn't using the Exynos chip.
 07-04-2013, 09:51 PMaway - #8
youdug 155 heat pts155

  d 
space
$3,607 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
You just named two new Samsung devices that use the Exynos chip then proceed to say Samsung isn't using the Exynos chip.
the exynos octa core big.LITTLE processor.
those dual cores arent big.LITTLE processors.
####in idiot.
 07-05-2013, 02:11 AMaway - #9
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$24,636 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by youduglas
the exynos octa core big.LITTLE processor.
those dual cores arent big.LITTLE processors.
####in idiot.


Originally Posted by youduglas
samsung isnt even using their exynos processor in their future devices at this point.
You said they weren't using the Exynos chip anymore. Those dual core chips are still Exynos chips, dumb b*tch.
 07-05-2013, 02:15 AMaway - #10
youdug 155 heat pts155

  d 
space
$3,607 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.


You said they weren't using the Exynos chip anymore, dumb b*tch.
youre right.
shoulda said the octa #### cpu.

on another note, you should all use the new version 15 of Opera for Windows....
you will not be disappointed.

Last edited by youdug; 07-05-2013 at 02:24 AM..
 07-05-2013, 10:48 AMaway - #11
one2remember 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,983 | 14604572
im on 3.9.7 at the moment st@ble. Lookin forward to a st@ble 3.10 maybe my skype wont crash so much
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Aug 18 - Mike Brown Paid for Rillos , and Store Owners reported..
91 comments
Image inside  Aug 19 - Breaking: Another Suspect Dead In St. Louis ..
52 comments
Image inside  Aug 19 - REPORT: ISIS Beheads U.S. Journalist
89 comments
 Image(s) inside Nelly Embarrasses Himself & Crowd Gets At Him
New reply 2 minutes ago - 126 comments - by Shiva Hysteria
  If You Could Bring Back One Cancelled Tv Show And/or A...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 83 comments - by thirsty91
 Image(s) inside Wait A Minute.... Mind Fu-ked!!!
New reply 3 minutes ago - 64 comments - by tokinjohn
 Video inside Dr Dre Ice Bucket Challenge (challenges Eminem, Kendri...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 104 comments - by mdemaz
 NCAAF Braxton Miller Out For Season? :sadto:
New reply 4 minutes ago - 79 comments - by O Nasty
 Image(s) inside Aug 17 - Michael Brown Autopsy Results Revealed. Shot ...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 366 comments - by Kadillac87
 Article inside Earl Sweatshirt: Taylor Swift Is "perpetuating Bl...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 248 comments - by andrewspaceship
 Video inside Nicki Minaj Gets An Attitude When Asked About That A$$
New reply 26 minutes ago - 62 comments - by JNumbaNC

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.