This is BX @ Boxden.com

iOS Officially Lost Its Manhood. RIP Forreal This Time. "Hackulous Shuts Down."

iOS Officially Lost Its Manhood. RIP Forreal This Time. "Hackulous Shuts Down."
topic by Andrefrbk - 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM - Boxden > BX Tech

What else can you do with iOS now? Damn... Anti piracy moment hitting ios.

Hackulous, the company behind the popular (and controversial) app Installous which let people easily download pirated apps on jailbroken iOS devices, has shut down.

In what iDownloadBlog’s Sebastien Page has called “a small victory against app piracy,” Installous is now no longer available for use.

Hackulous announced the closure today in a brief post on its website that reads:

“We are very sad to announce that Hackulous is shutting down. After many years, our community has become stagnant and our forums are a bit of a ghost town. It has become difficult to keep them online and well-moderated, despite the devotion of our staff. We’re incredibly thankful for the support we’ve had over the years and hope that new, greater communities blossom out of our absence.

With lots of love,
Hackulous Team”

Fans of the Installous are mourning the loss on its Facebook page, and, not surprisingly, offering up links to other piracy apps that are still up and running.
Hackulous Shuts Down, Taking Its iOS Piracy App Installous With It | TechCrunch)
YouTube (new url)
YouTube

SO now that Hackulous is gone, how much longer will it be before cydia is sacked? > iOS Officially Lost Its Manhood. RIP Forreal This Time. "Hackulous Shuts Down." - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below!
yall gon be maddddd,

share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

70 comments for "iOS Officially Lost Its Manhood. RIP Forreal This Time. "Hackulous Shuts Down.""

12-30-2012, 11:46 PMaway - #2
bd2eazy 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$4,757 | POWERFUL
holy ####.

the #### imma do with this ipad now..
 12-30-2012, 11:47 PMaway - #3
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$22,984 | POWERFUL
They'll have a work around
 12-30-2012, 11:47 PMaway - #4
Andrefrbk 740 heat pts740

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bd2eazy
holy ####.

the #### imma do with this ipad now..

Originally Posted by ruff
They'll have a work around
a$suming they didnt destroy their source code.
Which if they were in some legal jam they probably did already. The next major iOS update probably wont see hacked apps for a min. A lot of the iOS hackers/modders have moved on, the glory of jailbreaking an iphone just isnt there anymore. Ask geoh0t. lol. ni##a hasnt fuked with iOS in like a year. Its a pointless journey, you spend months coding for apps, then a update is pushed you gotta recode. Apple drops these small updates that basically break apps. Its gay.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-30-2012 at 11:56 PM..
 12-31-2012, 12:00 AMaway - #5

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jimmy Breaux
Is that real?
yeah its real...
and for sale.

Side note, hacking iOS is fuking gay as hell. Yall never wondered why it takes so long to get unlocks, and jailbreaks now. The community is dead as fuk, too many small patches that k!ll your progress before you even drop the fix.

I dont wanna say it, cause i got a ipad. But i think we are looking at the end of hacked apps on iOS. Cydia is kinda dead now, no one is making apps like they used to, and to have to recode appsync next update would take a long a$s time.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 12:06 AM..
 12-31-2012, 01:13 AMaway - #6
Jesszman 2146 heat pts2146

d 
space
$28,993 | POWERFUL
 12-31-2012, 07:42 AMaway - #7
Manny05 

d 
space
$16,938 | POWERFUL
Apple should be embracing them not k!lling them
 12-31-2012, 07:47 AMaway - #8
Fresh Whyte|B 645 heat pts645

d 
space
$37,979 | POWERFUL
...ni##as Still Getting Their Paid Apps For Free.
 12-31-2012, 07:51 AMaway - #9
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,010 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Andrefrbk
yeah its real...
and for sale.

Side note, hacking iOS is fuking gay as hell. Yall never wondered why it takes so long to get unlocks, and jailbreaks now. The community is dead as fuk, too many small patches that k!ll your progress before you even drop the fix.

I dont wanna say it, cause i got a ipad. But i think we are looking at the end of hacked apps on iOS. Cydia is kinda dead now, no one is making apps like they used to, and to have to recode appsync next update would take a long a$s time.

I stopped messing with jailbreaks on my iOS devices on 5.0.1 because it wasn't worth the hassle. The jailbreaks were less st@ble than before. White icons forcing reboots, etc.

Cydia ####ed itself over, though, by doing the same thing it built its reputation on. It wanted to be open source, but that whole network needs to be refined and scaled bac. There's just too much stuff on there, and too much of that is pointless. And too many tweaks and modifications that conflict with one another and eventually force you to restore.

There are thing I miss like SBSettings and AnyAttach for email that let me get into my Dropbox. But I'm happier without the jailbreak headache. Otherwise, this is also a testament to the improvements in iOS that more people feel comfortable not jailbreaking. I use my GS3 to satisfy my tweaking itch, because Android needs to be adjusted more than an iPhone to actually be usable.

As for Installous, it was the truth when I had an iPhone 3GS. I stopped messing with it years ago because download services sucked, it would be too slow or crash altogether. It wasn't worth my time to DL from there, so I just bought things outright.
 12-31-2012, 08:21 AMaway - #10

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KeithHernandez
I stopped messing with jailbreaks on my iOS devices on 5.0.1 because it wasn't worth the hassle. The jailbreaks were less st@ble than before. White icons forcing reboots, etc.

Cydia ####ed itself over, though, by doing the same thing it built its reputation on. It wanted to be open source, but that whole network needs to be refined and scaled bac. There's just too much stuff on there, and too much of that is pointless. And too many tweaks and modifications that conflict with one another and eventually force you to restore.

There are thing I miss like SBSettings and AnyAttach for email that let me get into my Dropbox. But I'm happier without the jailbreak headache. Otherwise, this is also a testament to the improvements in iOS that more people feel comfortable not jailbreaking. I use my GS3 to satisfy my tweaking itch, because Android needs to be adjusted more than an iPhone to actually be usable.

As for Installous, it was the truth when I had an iPhone 3GS. I stopped messing with it years ago because download services sucked, it would be too slow or crash altogether. It wasn't worth my time to DL from there, so I just bought things outright.
5.0+ k!lled the community, the small security updates would break your efforts. Soon iOS 6 will patch appsync, who will be there to recode?

Apple pushed coders away from the os, which is bad. Geoh0t the coder who invented jb gave up during 5.0, not encouraging.

Cant even get a untethered JB like you used to. No one wants to put hours in the make it happen, and get a patch in the morning.
 12-31-2012, 08:40 AMaway - #11
Maddog345 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,372 | 18826948
Didn't expect this.

I tried getting on last night to update one of my apps and couldn't get on. Then today I read this.
 12-31-2012, 09:21 AMaway - #12
NahLij 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,003 | 16212695
Though I'm no longer in the Apple side of things, this is a great loss. RIP Hackulous.
 12-31-2012, 09:21 AMaway - #13

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
According to TorrentFreak, the explanation is a bit dubious; the site still had plenty of users and the forums were already a "ghost town" by their very nature. It could be the case that the lack of a jailbreak for iOS 6, and potentially all versions of iOS to follow, was leaving Hackulous with little to do. Whatever the case, Hackulous is no more, and that particular piracy corner of the jailbreak world is probably gone for good.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 09:24 AM..
 12-31-2012, 03:09 PMaway - #14
Scoop 9 heat pts

d 
space
$2,984 | 11958420
appcake
vshare
 12-31-2012, 03:15 PMaway - #15
Hovi Bryant 228 heat pts228

d 
space
$18,356 | POWERFUL
I stopped messing with Cydia with the 3G.

Android just seemed to be a better alternative in that regards. Actually, a better operating system for that kind of stuff.

Even piracy is better on Android. So if you didn't jump ship already, you're poor as #### and don't need to own an expensive phone.
 12-31-2012, 04:05 PMaway - #16

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Scoop
appcake
vshare
Those apps have nothing to do with hackulous who MADE appsync allowing you to even use alternative apps. Which is why this is a massive loss.
Hackulous Appsync = engine
Those apps = the fuking doors on the car.

Anyone can make a DB and throw up some putlocker links.
But hacking each release for appsync takes work.

iOS hacking could come to an end. :(

The communities that make apps like cydia work are dried up. Its not one nicca in his basement, its a collaboration of coders with their source code. Imagine if your a coder and 2-3 of your ni##as are like "yo im done coding for iOS, shiit is a waste of time..." obviously dudes are not gonna want to be the only dik head trying to pull mad weight coding by himself, for free, no recognition, and your efforts will probably be patched in a month or two.

Apple should allow more play with their OS, i dont think allowing pirates openingly is right. BUT allow coding communities to have fun, make their own apps, addons, attachments. Cause in a couple months if a patch comes, appsync is broken. If no community is there to fix it, what happens then?

You basically have a very boring iOS. You user base is going to be less technically inclined individuals, old people, and preteens who play these stupid baby games on the appstore.

2013 and iOS looks like

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 04:20 PM..
 12-31-2012, 07:37 PMonline - #17
hustlehard365 

d 
space
$2,581 | 6195367
Originally Posted by Andrefrbk
Those apps have nothing to do with hackulous who MADE appsync allowing you to even use alternative apps. Which is why this is a massive loss.
Hackulous Appsync = engine
Those apps = the fuking doors on the car.

Anyone can make a DB and throw up some putlocker links.
But hacking each release for appsync takes work.

iOS hacking could come to an end. :(

The communities that make apps like cydia work are dried up. Its not one nicca in his basement, its a collaboration of coders with their source code. Imagine if your a coder and 2-3 of your ni##as are like "yo im done coding for iOS, shiit is a waste of time..." obviously dudes are not gonna want to be the only dik head trying to pull mad weight coding by himself, for free, no recognition, and your efforts will probably be patched in a month or two.

Apple should allow more play with their OS, i dont think allowing pirates openingly is right. BUT allow coding communities to have fun, make their own apps, addons, attachments. Cause in a couple months if a patch comes, appsync is broken. If no community is there to fix it, what happens then?

You basically have a very boring iOS. You user base is going to be less technically inclined individuals, old people, and preteens who play these stupid baby games on the appstore.

2013 and iOS looks like
thats what they wants that covers about 90% of the population there are alot of old people tons of preteens and tons of people who are no technologically inclined so to be honest thats not a bad base to have at all its a more st@ble more reliable crowd then the look what my phone can do and yours cant crowd that fed up with devices every 6months
 12-31-2012, 07:44 PMaway - #18

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hustlehard365
thats what they wants that covers about 90% of the population there are alot of old people tons of preteens and tons of people who are no technologically inclined so to be honest thats not a bad base to have at all its a more st@ble more reliable crowd then the look what my phone can do and yours cant crowd that fed up with devices every 6months
Lol if thats what apple wants then they will be in the same coffin with RIM, right next to Palm, and Danger Sidekick OS.

Happy New year people... Old people and preteens being the main user of your device = no real innovation coming in from the tech community. Thats a shiity life to lifeee wit iOS.
 12-31-2012, 08:01 PMaway - #19
EGO 49 heat pts49

d 
space
$29,194 | POWERFUL
Damn ni##as gotta rely on hosted repos to get free apps? makes me appreciate Android even more.
 12-31-2012, 08:04 PMaway - #20

d 
space
$18,251 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
Damn ni##as gotta rely on hosted repos to get free apps? makes me appreciate Android even more.
yeah its sad man, you can sync apps but it does not always work. Guess ni##as wont have to worry about that next update.

Hope BX users can band together and form a coding group to hack the next build.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 Dominates Best Sell..
70 comments
why do so many people hate indie games?
58 comments
Coming soon to Xbox One Preview: An exclusive first look at EA ..
71 comments
 Video inside Fab And His Fake Jewelry
New reply 6 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Mutant Boy
 Image(s) inside Angela Simmons Wow
New reply 1 hour ago - 95 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside All These Mufu-kin Kids Nigga Pull Out Game Weak Af
New reply 7 minutes ago - 133 comments - by Muunsta
  What Artist Would You Bring Back? Max B Or Pimp C
New reply 1 hour ago - 62 comments - by WizDoM
  The "if I Got Paid A Dollar Every Time I Saw This...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 108 comments - by daddy31+2
 Video inside Chief Keef Ft. Tadoe- Tec(official Video) #sosaseasoni...
New reply 2 hours ago - 77 comments - by NoLastName
 Video inside Man On 6 Train Starts Drawing Everybody On The Train A...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 53 comments - by local celebrity
 Image(s) inside Jeezy Celebrates His Sonís 18th Birthday (pictures)
New reply 2 hours ago - 74 comments - by Whoo

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.