This is BX @ Boxden.com

How Long Does Your iPhone 4 Battery Last?

How Long Does Your iPhone 4 Battery Last?
topic by King Jackson - 06-17-2011, 06:05 PM - Boxden > BX Tech

I know there are a lot of people with the iPhone 4 and I'm wondering how long does the battery last on HEAVY USAGE?

I'm switching from Sprint to Verizon on the 24th (EVO to iPhone 4).. My EVO battery barely makes it through the a 9-10 hour day (usually about 5-15% left).. Will the iPhone 4 make it through the day > How Long Does Your iPhone 4 Battery Last? - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below!

I appreciate the responses> How Long Does Your iPhone 4 Battery Last? - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below!

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

32 comments for "How Long Does Your iPhone 4 Battery Last?"

06-17-2011, 06:18 PMaway - #2
VinceTran 

d 
space
$1,631 | 7434562
i have full brightness on... and i have to charge it daily.. anywhere i can i charge it.

with moderate use, u can expect your phone to die before then end of the night. I wake up at 8 and on my phone moderately til 11 pm. it's better then alot of android phones
 06-17-2011, 06:24 PMaway - #3
King Jackson 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$4,413 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by VinceTran
i have full brightness on... and i have to charge it daily.. anywhere i can i charge it.

with moderate use, u can expect your phone to die before then end of the night. I wake up at 8 and on my phone moderately til 11 pm. it's better then alot of android phones
Well as long as it can last through a 9-10 hour day then I'm good! Thanks!
 06-17-2011, 06:37 PMaway - #4
Dillinger805 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,982 | POWERFUL
i have had android and currently on iphone i use to get like 10-15 hrs of medium use on android and that was my biggest and really only prob with android....

Now that i got iphone i can use heavy like 4 hrs talk time 2-3 hrs net and over 100 txt in a day and i can still get like 15-20 hrs and still have 15% atleast
 06-17-2011, 06:46 PMaway - #5
KURUPTION!!! 478 heat pts478

d 
space
$32,995 | POWERFUL
My iPhone isn't at 50% yet and it's been off the charger since 5am EST. Moderate phone use and heavy MP3 playback, about 3-4 hours today. No web or camera today though. Typically I unplug my charger at that time every day and plug it back in around 11pm EST and I've only had my phone go below 20% once and that was when I went home to Los Angeles and because of the time difference and it was off the charger for almost 24 hours plus I was using it HEAVY.
 06-17-2011, 07:00 PMaway - #6

d 
space
$4,413 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I AM LEGEND
My iPhone isn't at 50% yet and it's been off the charger since 5am EST. Moderate phone use and heavy MP3 playback, about 3-4 hours today. No web or camera today though. Typically I unplug my charger at that time every day and plug it back in around 11pm EST and I've only had my phone go below 20% once and that was when I went home to Los Angeles and because of the time difference and it was off the charger for almost 24 hours plus I was using it HEAVY.
:wow:

Thanks bro.. I was going to stay w/Sprint & get the EVO 3D but the battery I'm sure will still be an issue. Thanks for the feedback, Verizon just got another customer :dancingcool:
 06-17-2011, 07:08 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$32,995 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Pro337
:wow:

Thanks bro.. I was going to stay w/Sprint & get the EVO 3D but the battery I'm sure will still be an issue. Thanks for the feedback, Verizon just got another customer :dancingcool:
Before this turns into another Android/iPhone holy war I will say that the Evo 3D's battery may be straight, so you might want to wait, especially since the verizon plans are higher than anyone elses. I just don't have the time to babysit my phone and make sure applications are off and whatnot to have a decent battery life, plus I play a lot of music and that further drains the battery on Android devices moreso than an iPhone. Still even if the battery isn't up to par, an extended one will come out and those are pretty good.
 06-17-2011, 07:09 PMaway - #8
chi - lite 

d 
space
$407 | 1599286
For the people in here with Sprint, just wait before you bounce to Verizon cause Sprint is supposed to get the Iphone 4S in before the year is up. Even if you are still planning on leaving Sprint or TMobile at least wait til the new Iphone drops. Why leave and cop the Iphone 4 when another one is finna drop ?
 06-17-2011, 07:16 PMaway - #9
eightytyson06 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$10,888 | POWERFUL
about 5 days
 06-17-2011, 07:30 PMaway - #10
Dillinger805 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,982 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by eightytyson06
about 5 days
this is true but u hardly get to use anything on it lol, i had it last like 4 1/2 days one time when i was sick and hardly touched it
 06-17-2011, 07:47 PMaway - #11
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,731 | POWERFUL
I get more juice on my Atrix then my iphone. Like I said its hard to judge though totally different phones. If u have a lot of cydia #### on your iphone, you better not expect it to last that long. One thing I liked about iphone is you could actually close programs versus android to where u can but need a task k!ller, which usually is more battery then the program.

BUT at least android batteries can be swapped out.

Usually what you can do is either buy a battery upgrade, or you can just buy other battery and switch batteries. I keep an extra battery on me at all times, usually I don't need it though.

I like the option though versus iphone you better have one of them charger bulky a$s cases or bulking a$s external chargers...
 06-17-2011, 07:49 PMaway - #12
famoussasjohn 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$9,275 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dillinger805
this is true but u hardly get to use anything on it lol, i had it last like 4 1/2 days one time when i was sick and hardly touched it
I have 4 hours and 45 minutes of use with 5 days and 13 hours standby currently on my iPhone 4.
 06-17-2011, 07:58 PMaway - #13
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dillinger805
Some of yall that have yall #### last 5 days should not even own phones. That means yall don't get any kind of text or nothing. Any real phone user will usually have to charge it every night.

If it is stock iphone no jailbreak it will last a bit longer, because that cydia #### eats up battery life.
 06-17-2011, 08:05 PMaway - #14
Sammyboi22 

d 
space
$13,143 | POWERFUL
I use it for pandora, texting, internet, facebook, email, etc. It lasts me all day with about 20-30% left depending on how long im using it. I also stream pandora in my car and at the gym so im putting some good use to it.
 06-17-2011, 08:09 PMaway - #15
fully_amazing 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$1,440 | POWERFUL
iPhone 4:
-Unplugged at 6:30 EST
-Used splahtop for about 15 mins.
-ran IM+ all day

-surfed boxden for like 45 min.
-read the news
{ another 15 mins)
checked stocks

-D/L / updated apps (4)
-I have about 36 packages/apps from cydia installed (So any given time I'm using some of them)

-about 45 mins talk time
-Mad text all day long, to many to count lol
-Played PvsZ 15 mins
-Ran Pandora about for 20 mins

Right now it's 10 PM getting ready to go out and I'm at 38%
 06-17-2011, 08:18 PMaway - #16
famoussasjohn 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$9,275 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
Some of yall that have yall #### last 5 days should not even own phones. That means yall don't get any kind of text or nothing. Any real phone user will usually have to charge it every night.

If it is stock iphone no jailbreak it will last a bit longer, because that cydia #### eats up battery life.
Bullllll####. Having cydia doesn't hurt battery life at all. If you have a #### ton of extra FROM cydia, of course.

I send about 1k in text messages a month, and have used about 1.6-1.9GB of data per month for the last few months..
 06-17-2011, 08:35 PMaway - #17

d 
space
$4,413 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by chi - lite
For the people in here with Sprint, just wait before you bounce to Verizon cause Sprint is supposed to get the Iphone 4S in before the year is up. Even if you are still planning on leaving Sprint or TMobile at least wait til the new Iphone drops. Why leave and cop the Iphone 4 when another one is finna drop ?
iPhone 4S .. is that just a rumor or has it been announced and is definitely in the works?
 06-17-2011, 08:37 PMaway - #18

d 
space
$4,413 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I AM LEGEND
Before this turns into another Android/iPhone holy war I will say that the Evo 3D's battery may be straight, so you might want to wait, especially since the verizon plans are higher than anyone elses. I just don't have the time to babysit my phone and make sure applications are off and whatnot to have a decent battery life, plus I play a lot of music and that further drains the battery on Android devices moreso than an iPhone. Still even if the battery isn't up to par, an extended one will come out and those are pretty good.
Yeah I stream Pandora pretty much all day in the Warehouse at work and I have to constantly keep my phone plugged in.. Even when I'm just playing the .mp3's that are on the SD Card it still eats up the battery, fast.
 06-17-2011, 08:50 PMaway - #19

d 
space
$32,995 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Pro337
Yeah I stream Pandora pretty much all day in the Warehouse at work and I have to constantly keep my phone plugged in.. Even when I'm just playing the .mp3's that are on the SD Card it still eats up the battery, fast.
That was the main reason I stopped ####ing with the Evo. I would listen to MP3s all day at work and and the battery would be damn near gone in 4 hours. You won't have that issue with an iPhone.
 06-17-2011, 09:22 PMaway - #20
Giuseppe554 1 heat pts

d 
space
$862 | 3100154
i use it an ipod if i go out so i say it lasts about a day for me

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
52 comments
NBA BREAKING NEWS: Steve Nash OUT for season
124 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
 NBA Kendrick Lamar, Kevin Hart Highlight Cleveland Cavalie...
New reply 1 minute ago - 106 comments - by metatr0n
 Image(s) inside Ransom Jumps In Ilovemakonnen Beef With Troy Ave After...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 97 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave's Goon Id'd As Ilovemakonnen's Attacker On Tw...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 166 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Image(s) inside Oct 23 - 65 Year Old Grandmother Admits To Selling Hun...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 65 comments - by BangEm904
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 58 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Video inside Hater Punches Ilovemakonnen At Sobs
New reply 20 minutes ago - 270 comments - by EZ Green
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 11 minutes ago - 85 comments - by foshomoney
 NCAAF Notre Dame Freshman Wr Justin Brent Dating Legendary F...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 180 comments - by theFREAK

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,794 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.