This is BX @ Boxden.com


How Do I Change The Password To My Wifi?


 How Do I Change The Password To My Wifi?
topic by deadwrong03 - 03-18-2011, 01:09 PM - Boxden > BX Tech


i got comcast and i thought u changed the password by going to router login.com and changing it that way but the option i clicked on seems to change the password for accessing the options when u login to the router and not the actual password to the wifi. anybody know how to do this


share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "How Do I Change The Password To My Wifi?"


 03-18-2011, 02:59 PMonline - #2
King Jackson 70 heat pts70

  d 
space
$4,175 | POWERFUL
Are you saying you have a Comcast router? If not, what type of router do you have? Usually all you have to do is plug an ethernet cord from you router port to the port on your PC.. Open a web browser and type in [code]http://192.168.2.1[/code] if you have never changed your actual login password then leave it blank because routers ship without passwords .. After that you should be able to just go to Wireless Security and change the password .. Hope this helps
 03-18-2011, 03:51 PMaway - #3
deadwrong03 60 heat pts60

  d 
space
$3,186 | POWERFUL
yes i have a comcast modem and comcast router i jus never knew how to change the password if i wanted to. i will give this a try when i get home thanks
 03-18-2011, 04:29 PMaway - #4
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,308 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by deadwrong03
yes i have a comcast modem and comcast router i jus never knew how to change the password if i wanted to. i will give this a try when i get home thanks
you login like you did, and then look for a tab that says something about wireless security, seriously though, you couldnt have just read the login page for the router instead of making a thread?
 03-18-2011, 04:31 PMaway - #5
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,308 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Pro337
Are you saying you have a Comcast router? If not, what type of router do you have? Usually all you have to do is plug an ethernet cord from you router port to the port on your PC.. Open a web browser and type in [code]http://192.168.2.1[/code] if you have never changed your actual login password then leave it blank because routers ship without passwords .. After that you should be able to just go to Wireless Security and change the password .. Hope this helps
Most routers use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, what manufacturer uses .2?
 03-18-2011, 04:53 PMonline - #6
QbanLinxx 

  d 
space
$993 | 642130
belkin routers have the .2
 03-18-2011, 07:11 PMaway - #7
deadwrong03 60 heat pts60

  d 
space
$3,186 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by .Hafestos.
you login like you did, and then look for a tab that says something about wireless security, seriously though, you couldnt have just read the login page for the router instead of making a thread?
i did but i got confused and didnt want to change the password to log into my router
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Mason Plumee to make 12 man USA team roster over DeMarcu..
130 comments
NBA This nigga Embiid hilarious (pic)
53 comments
NBA Kevin Love now reportedly won't sign an extension with a..
86 comments
 Image(s) inside "don't Ever Text My Girl Like That Again, Disresp...
New reply 5 seconds ago - 52 comments - by grunsthis
 Video inside How To Feed Seven People With Just $3.35
New reply 6 minutes ago - 146 comments - by Jesszman
 NBA Usa Basketball Showcase On Espn - August 1 - 9:00pm Est
New reply 7 seconds ago - 53 comments - by Dee Grande
  Karruche Dumps Chris Brown
New reply 14 minutes ago - 60 comments - by grunsthis
 NBA Sources Say Beasley Will Reportedly Sign With The Lake...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 66 comments - by Eazy123
 Image(s) inside Jul 31 - Mother Catches Florida Gymnastics Coach Havin...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 108 comments - by KleanKutt100
 Image(s) inside Sexy Shapely Asian Kimmy
New reply 5 minutes ago - 79 comments - by daddy31+2
 NBA Reddit Poll Reveals The Most Hated Nba Team In Each U....
New reply 22 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Motion

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following and 5 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.