b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Google Keep—Save what’s on your mind

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Google Keep—Save what’s on your mind
33 topic by fat_boyy21 - 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM

Every day we all see, hear or think of things we need to remember. Usually we grab a pad of sticky-notes, scribble a reminder and put it on the desk, the fridge or the relevant page of a magazine. Unfortunately, if you’re like me you probably often discover that the desk, fridge or magazine wasn’t such a clever place to leave the note after all...it’s rarely where you need it when you need it.

To solve this problem we’ve created Google Keep. With Keep you can quickly jot ideas down when you think of them and even include checklists and photos to keep track of what’s important to you. Your notes are safely stored in Google Drive and synced to all your devices so you can always have them at hand.

If it’s more convenient to speak than to type that’s fine—Keep transcribes voice memos for you automatically. There’s super-fast search to find what you’re looking for and when you’re finished with a note you can archive or delete it.

Changing priorities isn’t a problem: just open Keep on your Android phone or tablet (there’s a widget so you can have Keep front and center all the time) and drag your notes around to reflect what matters. You can choose the color for each note too.

Pro tip: for adding thoughts quickly without unlocking your device there's a lock screen widget (on devices running Android 4.2+). Google Keep is available on Google Play for devices running Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich and above. You can access, edit and create new notes on the web at http://drive.google.com/keep and in the coming weeks you'll be able to do the same directly from Google Drive.

Posted by Katherine Kuan, Software Engineer
source

Google Currents for Android now supports audio playback, improves syncing between devices

We don't see the Android -- or iOS, for that matter -- version of Google Currents get quite as many updates as, say, Google+ or Maps, but today its Mountain View creators have stuffed the app with some tidbits that are sure to come in handy to those using it on a daily basis. Most notably, Currents for Android is now more friendly with editions including audio content, adding a media bar which will allow for easy playback of such files within the application. Additionally, Google also gave its magazine-like app a boost by enhancing syncing between devices, making it rather facile for folks to pick up where they left off on a story. Go on and grab the updated version now from Google Play -- in the meantime, we'll still be pondering whether or not we should insert a shameless plug.
Google Currents for Android now supports audio playback, improves syncing between devices

10 comments for "Google Keep—Save what’s on your mind"

03-20-2013, 06:42 PMaway - #2
Adamsville 117 heat pts117

d 
space
$11,363 | POWERFUL
I ####s with Evernote, I might try Keep but aint no telling when Google would just up and cancel that ####
 03-20-2013, 09:06 PMaway - #3
fat_boyy21 253 heat pts253

d 
space
$7,837 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Adamsville
I ####s with Evernote, I might try Keep but aint no telling when Google would just up and cancel that ####
if it picks up they'll keep supporting it
 03-22-2013, 09:00 AMonline - #4
Tounw 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$2,797 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Adamsville
This is alomost like that Google reader app that they just deaded
 03-22-2013, 09:45 AMaway - #5
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$27,305 | POWERFUL
This #### sounds like S Memo. Google does too much at times. How bout we get updates for Voice and Talk? ni##as be neglecting the #### out of apps people actually use.
 03-22-2013, 11:13 AMaway - #6
UrbanGAAWD 197 heat pts197

d 
space
$6,716 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
This #### sounds like S Memo. Google does too much at times. How bout we get updates for Voice and Talk? ni##as be neglecting the #### out of apps people actually use.
updates for voice and talk coming at google i/o in may
 03-22-2013, 11:17 AMaway - #7
Jayg36 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,805 | POWERFUL
This is great. So then when google wants to sell my info to businesses, they know all my habits and can serve me better!
 03-22-2013, 11:38 AMaway - #8
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$27,305 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by urbangatsby
updates for voice and talk coming at google i/o in may
You talking bout that Babble ####? We'll see. Messenger was supposed to unify all their messaging and they didn't do #### with that. Hopefully they actually go through with it this time.
 03-22-2013, 06:21 PMaway - #9
fat_boyy21 253 heat pts253

d 
space
$7,837 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
You talking bout that Babble ####? We'll see. Messenger was supposed to unify all their messaging and they didn't do #### with that. Hopefully they actually go through with it this time.
^^^This... it's way over due
 03-22-2013, 07:02 PMaway - #10
Adamsville 117 heat pts117

d 
space
$11,363 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jayg36
This is great. So then when google wants to sell my info to businesses, they know all my habits and can serve me better!
Google been doing that ni##a
 03-23-2013, 02:39 PMaway - #11
RAZAH CUTS 3058 heat pts3058

d 
space
$42,145 | POWERFUL
i grabbed it... works nice and is aesthetically pleasing...

Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
161 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
92 comments
Dec 20 - Enter The Winter Solstice: Shortest Day of the Year Ma..
51 comments
 Image(s) inside How To Clean Up Nice (dress Shirts, Suits, Grown Man S...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 46 minutes ago - 353 comments - by Bkjj11
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 4 minutes ago - 214 comments - by sdot216
 Video inside Can't Interview N!ggas - They Clowning With These Air ...
New reply 52 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Jeff Roorda
  What's Quentin Tarantino's Best Film In Your Opinion
New reply 7 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Star
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 56 minutes ago - 178 comments - by 187Proof
 Image(s) inside Godfather Fif Reacts To News Of 2 Police Officers Bein...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 193 comments - by Carlton Black
  Man Quotes 50 Cent Lyrics After Shooting Two Nypd Offi...
New reply 1 hour ago - 167 comments - by A.Dot789

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,852 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.