Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Google Glass vs. iWatch: How Do They Compare?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
242 viewing
 Image inside Paparazzi takes picture of Rozay when he first heard Back to Back
37 comments
most viewed right now
164 viewing
 Video inside The L's are inescapable for Meek, they clowning him IN CHURCH
48 comments

top in section
88 viewing
 Audio inside Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion & Antic..
top in hiphop
top in section
27 viewing
 NFL 50% chance Trent Richardson makes the team
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Google Glass vs. iWatch: How Do They Compare?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #1
1601 pageviews
9 comments

jbownzino 3 heat pts space
jb
space
$643 | 3038540
Google Glass vs. iWatch : How do they compare?

Google Glass vs. iWatch . Google vs. Apple. Clash of the Titans.
-These two companies attack the challenge of wearable computing from two completely different perspectives. How will consumers respond?

It all starts with physical location, or what real-estate the devices occupy on the user’s body:

iWatch : The wrist is an easy target as it has been the home of technological advancements from the beginning of the wristwatch era, c. 1920. People are used to wearing technology on their wrists. It is easy to imagine that by the time we see the iWatch 3gs, it specs will surpass even the best of today’s smartphones. But in all its glory, the iWatch is really just moving the tech from your pocket to your wrist, with a smaller display. Or, in a less ambitious scenario, the smartwatch is merely a satellite hub to your existing smartphone, showing filtered notifications as needed, with a limited touch surface to interact with. Plus, you still have to pull up your sleeve to see the display.

Glass : The face, on the other hand, is a much steeper ascent. For Glass to win, humans will need to get used to wearing a computer on their face. Yet the potential benefits may far outweigh the novelty, especially if Google can successfully position the product as a coveted fashion fetish which transcends tech.

Glass, however, doesn’t just shift the location of the phone screen: instead it offers a completely new computing paradigm.

The unique benefits of smartglass are as follows:

1) true hands-free computing
2) low profile camera that records true first person PoV video/stills
3) head tracking (it knows where you are looking)
4) private audio (via bone conduction)
5) private viewing of information

None of these can be accomplished with a watch. In short, the glasses afford a far more intimate connection to the infosphere than any other wearable tech, short of implants.

Importantly, Glass superimposes net information atop your natural view of the world. Restated: users of smartphones and smartwatches find themselves sucked into screens, walling off the outside world. Smartglass interfaces instead place a small semi-transparent overlay seamlessly atop actual waking reality.

And finally, Glass dramatically reduces the time and effort required to retrieve information from your files or the internets. Well-engineered smartglass will reduce tasks from a 12+ second process to a sub-3 second process. Smartglass also reduces muscular exertion for same: compare getting a phone out of your pocket and pushing a few buttons and typing to simply tilting your head skyward and saying “ok glass“. And while that ~8 seconds savings doesn’t seem like a lot, multiply it times the average 200 times a day a user accesses their smartphone, 365 days a year, and it’s massive. [In fact, it potentially saves users 30 minutes a day, or almost 200 hours a year!]

Results? A lot more net queries. Information is no longer at your fingertips, its closer than your fingertips. Information retrieval so fluid that it becomes ingrained into one’s very consciousness… ideally becoming a genuinely natural extension of our biological brains and thought processes.

Google Glass, 2013

Apple iWatch, conceptual rendering

What do you think? Who will prevail?

Source: GlassFAQ

The company that publishes this blog is dSky9: Digital Sky Version 09, App Design and Research Reports for the SmartGlass marketplace - by Greg Roberts

Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/digitalsky9

Twitter: @dSky9

Last edited by jbownzino; 04-29-2013 at 09:29 PM..
Props given to jbownzino hot topic  (04-30-2013)

9 comments for "Google Glass vs. iWatch: How Do They Compare?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #2
jb
space
$643 | 3038540
My vote is on Google Glass as compared to all of the other offerings in this category out there.

Unread 2 years agoclass of '98 - away - #3
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10 space
D. Casey = tank commander
space
$29,313 | POWERFUL
I think the watch. Google glass's look is over the top techy/nerdy IMO. Could do more technically with glass, but I can only see maybe trying the watch.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #4
jb
space
$643 | 3038540
ronnie said:
I think the watch. Google glass's look is over the top techy/nerdy IMO. Could do more technically with glass, but I can only see maybe trying the watch.
I think the Glass is definitely going to take some getting used to if it catches on. Watches are definitely let pervasive and nerdy looking. I've already read a bunch of articles about how people think that Glass users are creepy/nerdy and sh*t. That's probably why Google is partnering with Warby Parker and other sunglass designers to make the product s3xier.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #5
King Allister 36 heat pts36 space
space
$21,617 | POWERFUL
you guys really want to have 24/7 "2) low profile camera that records true first person PoV video/stills
" ?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #6
jb
space
$643 | 3038540
King Allister said:
you guys really want to have 24/7 "2) low profile camera that records true first person PoV video/stills
" ?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
autoraptronix 10 heat pts10 space
0_o
space
$4,362 | 20178761
The trend in cells is bigger screens. If the iwatch is just a phone on your wrist it probably won't catch on.

Not sure about google glass yet but could be big. Nobody cares about a camera on your head, but if you can use it to see things like in minority report and it uses hand movements to control computers it could be big.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #8
jb
space
$643 | 3038540
The possibilities in the enterprise are endless.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #9
curtiss  space
space
$1 | 0
Really !!!

How can you even compare if one is not even out yet! POINTLESS....
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
NoName 38 heat pts38 space
space
$1,235 | POWERFUL
curtiss said:
How can you even compare if one is not even out yet! POINTLESS....

I think both concepts are cool but I think the watch would be more compatible with my own lifestyle. Like dude said, I just dont see the glass catching on with everyone because of the way it looks. I will probably eat my words within a year but whatever.

Home > all sections > BX Tech

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
101 viewing
Well damn, Potent dj drama/meek/drake tea via lipstickalley
430 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
65 viewing
NBA RIP to Stanley Johnson mom
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
60 viewing
Image inside OVOFest The Official Potential Meek Mill Burial Anticipation Thread 8/..
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
33 viewing
Image inside Kylita Jimenez looking right in these pics
41 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Image inside Meek Mill Fan Leaves The Realest Comment About His Beef With Drake On ..
225 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside She Went Off: Mom Catches Her 14 Year Old Daughter With A 21 Year Old!
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside I might let your boy chauffeur me. But he gotta eat the booty like gro..
40 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Real Talk If Meek The Realst One In The Beef , Why He Catching So Much Hate....
167 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Article inside ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Reviews Are In, ’The Avengers’ Of Rap Biopics
115 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time