b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Does anybody know how to hack digital cable?

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Does anybody know how to hack digital cable?
topic by Poloi3eai2 - 09-28-2006, 02:49 PM

I just switched to digital cable 2 days ago and I had ALL the premium channels...until today. I was like damn it was way to good to be true. Every HBO, Cinemax, Showtime channel plus the NFL network and many more. I guess it was just a trial to sucker me to buy it. It cost way too much. Does anybody know any ways to get those premium digital cable channels for free? I've seen those filters all over Ebay but I dunno how legit they are. Can you ask the local cable guy to hook you up with free digital cable channels? All the Cox cable workers are rednecks or thugs that work for contractors that really dont care. Let me know

8 comments for "Does anybody know how to hack digital cable?"

09-28-2006, 11:10 PMaway - #2
nitetrain8601 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,925 | POWERFUL
Can it be done? Yes
Can it be done as easy as it was in the past? Hell fkn no.

Basically you have to be an engineer to understand the basics of the EEPROM and such before you can even think about hacking it. Then you need to find a program or create your own, tether your Digital box to your computer(which if the cable company finds out you did will get you in serious #### since they own the box and there's a timer that the cable company has on the box if it can't communicate with it) and hope you don't fry your box.

Basically, unless you're a nerd who would dedicate tons of time to this, it's not worthy. I'll say it's easier to hack satellite, but even that is going to be super tough by the end of the year.
 09-29-2006, 08:54 AMaway - #3
BlockBurner226 2 heat pts

d 
space
$4,706 | POWERFUL
they don't play with that #### no more, there are HUUUGE penalties if you get caught
 09-29-2006, 10:56 AMaway - #4
Poloi3eai2 

d 
space
$2,978 | 3157076
Can you just ask the cable guy to hook up more channels and give him a tip? Or do you have to order the channels from the cable company? I have a cable descrambler for basic cable but its useless now since all the premium channels and payperview are now only on digital cable.
 09-29-2006, 06:54 PMaway - #5
nitetrain8601 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,925 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Poloi3eai2
Can you just ask the cable guy to hook up more channels and give him a tip? Or do you have to order the channels from the cable company? I have a cable descrambler for basic cable but its useless now since all the premium channels and payperview are now only on digital cable.
I don't think you can. It's not like before when all they had to do was put a filter add-on. They have to call up the cable company HQ's, tell them to change your subscription package, then they communicate with your box to tell it to allow that channel to be showed.
 10-01-2006, 08:40 AMaway - #6
Poloi3eai2 

d 
space
$2,978 | 3157076
#### it I'll just suscribe to netflix.
 10-02-2006, 10:27 AMaway - #7
gregnice631 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,641 | 4603628
i dont know how your box is set up but with cablevision, digital cable boxes use access cards just like the direct tv boxes. if you got a buddy at cablevision, they can probably get you access to all channels by switching your card.
 10-05-2006, 12:18 PMaway - #8
DJWho 

d 
space
$1,300 | 3025041
Originally Posted by Poloi3eai2
I just switched to digital cable 2 days ago and I had ALL the premium channels...until today. I was like damn it was way to good to be true. Every HBO, Cinemax, Showtime channel plus the NFL network and many more. I guess it was just a trial to sucker me to buy it. It cost way too much. Does anybody know any ways to get those premium digital cable channels for free? I've seen those filters all over Ebay but I dunno how legit they are. Can you ask the local cable guy to hook you up with free digital cable channels? All the Cox cable workers are rednecks or thugs that work for contractors that really dont care. Let me know

you have to give the cabel box back so dont #### wit it duke
 10-06-2006, 09:38 PMaway - #9
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$7,013 | 12447073
i work for the cable company..

so the answer is no you cant do it.. Being that everything this is being phased into Digital. so every channel is suppose to be digital and you would need a box to see them...

You are able to get some channel still on anolog but not for long..

those cable filters will allow you to order stuff through digital but not get charged but they are 100% effective.. once you take it off you will get hitt will every charge..

we do not run an audit to see if you box is connected. we dotn care.. as long as you have an account and are paying for it then what you do with it... its your business.. you paying us lol.

Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
93 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
61 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
102 comments
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 282 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Meek Mill On Bobby Shmurda Situation. (might Be Too Mu...
New reply 1 hour ago - 67 comments - by FreeBigga
 Image(s) inside Q-tip Throwin Knowledge Darts At Iggy On Twitter
New reply 31 minutes ago - 150 comments - by ralph lauren
 Image(s) inside Chief Keef's Art Show/gallery #picassosaseason
New reply 1 hour ago - 73 comments - by RIP4SBG
 Video inside Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops In Brooklyn By Topmkins
New reply 36 minutes ago - 887 comments - by cheenz
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 2 hours ago - 308 comments - by KingMahaat
 NFL Espn Has To Do Something.
New reply 48 minutes ago - 87 comments - by The Boat
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 2 hours ago - 149 comments - by 187Proof

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,850 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.