Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

BitTorrent Launches Private & Secure Dropbox Alternative With UNLIMITED STORAGE FOR FREE

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
318 viewing
 Video inside Real Or Fake? The Pencil Game "Charlie, Charlie" Got These Dudes Freaki..
89 comments
most viewed right now
96 viewing
Image inside Chris Brown & KID RED Plan on Killing Tyson Beckford in Vegas??!(Tyson..
86 comments

top in section
16 viewing
 Image inside Krayzie Bone Got Health Issues ?
top in hiphop
top in section
24 viewing
 welp...the new george clooney movie "Tomorrowland" tanks
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 BitTorrent Launches Private & Secure Dropbox Alternative With UNLIMITED STORAGE FOR FREE
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
2067 pageviews
10 comments

the_malicious 32 heat pts32 space
space
$760 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

BitTorrent Inc. has released a new application that allows users to securely sync folders to multiple devices using the BitTorrent protocol. The free application has no storage limits and can serve both as a public backup system and a shared drive. BitTorrent Sync is especially efficient for groups who need to share many large files over the Internet,.

bittorrent-new-labsBitTorrent is a very powerful distribution tool. There is simply no faster way than BitTorrent for those who share files with several devices at once.

Just ask Twitter and Facebook, two major technology companies that rely on BitTorrent technology to distribute files across their networks.

For the public, however, there’s never really been a good tool to securely backup and sync files over the Internet via BitTorrent. This may change, however, with the new Sync application just announced by BitTorrent Inc.

BitTorrent Sync has very similar functions to those offered by popular cloud storage services such as Dropbox and Skydrive, except for the fact that there’s no cloud involved. The upside to this is that no third-party has access to one’s files.

Other advantages are that transfers generally go a lot faster with BitTorrent, and that there are no storage limits.

BitTorrent Inc. is inviting the public to try the application but the company emphasizes that the current release is pre-alpha development, meaning that there may be a few bugs here and there.

“It fits into our overall goal of making a better Internet using P2P,” TorrentFreak was told in a comment on the release. The company looks forward to comments from the public on how to improve the product.

“This is a great opportunity for participants to help us shape this developing product.”

[pic - click to view]

There are several good use cases for BitTorrent Sync. For example, users can share folders across all devices, creating their own redundant backup with minimal effort.

Similarly, a group of people working with large files, such as filmmakers, will also enjoy the lack of storage limits and the rapid download speeds.

[pic - click to view]

Setting up the private network is relatively easy and can be done in a minute. Users just have to install the application, select a folder to share, generate a key and they’re good to go. The private key can then be used to sync the folder to other devices.

The Sync application is available for Windows, OSX, Linus and can also run on NAS devices through a web-interface.

More information on Sync and BitTorrent’s other new products is available on the newly launched BitTorrent Labs website.
Props given to the_malicious hot topic  (01-25-2013)

10 comments for "BitTorrent Launches Private & Secure Dropbox Alternative With UNLIMITED STORAGE FOR FREE"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts space
Gomar Oz Dubar
space
$5,805 | POWERFUL
Ok I need this broken down in laymans terms
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #3
jayblazey  space
Detroit Playa
space
$301 | 1643933
Its A Trap
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #4
ultimaforce 4 heat pts space
space
$517 | 3763968
How is it a trap?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #5
Shompton  space
space
$504 | 952762
It's just a cloud service that allows you to share and keep whatever you want. Should be straight.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #6
Slickems 8 heat pts space
mo game than a lil bit
space
$6,430 | POWERFUL
Shompton said:
It's just a cloud service that allows you to share and keep whatever you want. Should be straight.
Well, it's not a cloud service, in the sense that it just links whatever computers you specifically tell it to. It's not uploaded and saved in "the cloud," just synced between the two computers.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #7
Manny05 1 heat pts space
PSN - TheOpportunist08
space
$17,331 | POWERFUL
Idk man. I feel like this is a trap. I sign up, they get my ip address and next thing you know fbi knocking on my door. I rather have someone download movies for me and ill just watch them
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #8
aryaz  space
space
$21 | 35140
VPN wins all
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #9
Lil Jay 26 heat pts26 space
₩̸̨̒̋ͯͩͭͩ̿ͨ̇̆͒̚͜҉͏̠̘ ̯̺͖̭ͅ
space
$7,279 | POWERFUL
I will upload 92Terabytes of academic books on there
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #10
sigNN 11 heat pts11 space
PSN: siGNN XB: siGNN19
space
$4,304 | POWERFUL
2TB NAS for the win
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #11
Manny05 1 heat pts space
PSN - TheOpportunist08
space
$17,331 | POWERFUL
Lil Jay said:
I will upload 92Terabytes of academic books on there

Home > all sections > BX Tech

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside You Guys Can Ruin Your Lives With That sh-t
20 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
18 viewing
May 23 - Adult dating site hacked
57 comments
@news
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside Robert DeNiro Keeps It All The Way Real With NYU Graduates
42 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Article inside ASAP Rocky Knocks Down 9 on LSD Trip
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 viewing
My 4yr Nephew keep tryna sneak into da strip club on gta5:rofl:
84 comments
@games
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Kendall Jenner In Thong Bikini On A Yacht In Mo
46 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Chris Brown and Tyson Beckford beefing over a pic with karrueche? lmao
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside First Official Pics: Jordan 7 Champ Pack
36 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
7 viewing
NBA Damien Lillard believes people sleep on Kobe
174 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time