Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

AT&T to update Samsung Galaxy Note II with Multi-Window tomorrow

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
524 viewing
 Well damn, Potent dj drama/meek/drake tea via lipstickalley
156 comments
most viewed right now
205 viewing
 Video inside 6 God still talking big
105 comments

top in section
37 viewing
 NFL Boykin Traded To Steelers
top in sports
top in section
14 viewing
 Video inside itsreal85: Nigga Turtles Episode 11
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
1834 pageviews
25 comments

KURUPTION!!! 501 heat pts501 space
PLAY GAMES NOT SYSTEMS
space
$33,695 | POWERFUL
Most US models of the Samsung Galaxy Note II have already been updated with Multi-Window -- a split-screen feature that allows users to view two apps at once -- but AT&T is the last of the four national powers that hasn't pushed the feature out to its customers. That will change tomorrow, as AT&T has confirmed to us in an email that it will roll out the new build over the air at some point during the day. We're happy that users won't have to rely on Samsung's proprietary Kies desktop software to update their devices, but minor downloads like this are typically facilitated OTA. There's no word on if the ROM will be pushed out in phases to minimalize the impact on AT&T's servers, but don't be terribly worried if you don't get notified right away. Continue below to read the carrier's official statement on the matter.

Here's AT&T's full statement:

AT&T plans to begin rolling out a software update for Samsung Galaxy Note II customers that includes the Multi-Window feature, which allows the user to divide the screen into two active "windows" creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications. The update will be available for download over the air beginning Dec. 27.

3 peeps gave props to KURUPTION!!! $C-Brisc$ (12-27-2012) , Rob De Niro (12-26-2012) , hot topic  (12-26-2012)

25 comments for "AT&T to update Samsung Galaxy Note II with Multi-Window tomorrow"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #2
Tiko377 1242 heat pts1242 space
space
$11,084 | POWERFUL
i keep thinking if i should get this phone and use my upgrade or wait for the s4.....

i keep looking at craiglist also but havent found one at a respectable price range
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #3
Big Yari 5 heat pts space
space
$642 | 5204747
Tiko377 said:
i keep thinking if i should get this phone and use my upgrade or wait for the s4.....

i keep looking at craiglist also but havent found one at a respectable price range
same thing i was thinking but I think ima just wait for s4...rumors about that phone have been sounding hella nice
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #4
Rob De Niro 114 heat pts114 space
Simply Seager
space
$12,440 | POWERFUL
cant wait for the update. Multitasking FTW
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #5
BlackRepub85 8 heat pts space
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
Anybody know for sure if I already rooted, could update this and not brick my phone. And if I can do I just have to re-root the phone.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #6
ClustyMolecules 76 heat pts76 space
space
$2,135 | POWERFUL
BlackRepub85 said:
Anybody know for sure if I already rooted, could update this and not brick my phone. And if I can do I just have to re-root the phone.
isnt that one of the main benefits to rooting your phone, so you dont have to wait for updates? Shouldnt you already have the multi-window feature with whatever ROM you used?? Thats just my understanding, I could be wrong...I havnt rooted mine yet...

Did anyone get the update yet? I checked through Kies and through the phones update and still dont see it yet...I know Im being super impatient BUT.... I needs dat in my life
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #7
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
jwalck5950 said:
isnt that one of the main benefits to rooting your phone, so you dont have to wait for updates? Shouldnt you already have the multi-window feature with whatever ROM you used?? Thats just my understanding, I could be wrong...I havnt rooted mine yet...

Did anyone get the update yet? I checked through Kies and through the phones update and still dont see it yet...I know Im being super impatient BUT.... I needs dat in my life
It is the benefit for some, but I didn't root for that reason, I rooted to control the programs on my phone and be able to have more control over my battery life.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #8
space
$2,135 | POWERFUL
BlackRepub85 said:
It is the benefit for some, but I didn't root for that reason, I rooted to control the programs on my phone and be able to have more control over my battery life.
Gotcha...but still, because its rooted u should be able to just look for the update on xda or something right? Btw how is this beast rooted? How much more battery life can you squeeze out of this? I mean its amazing to begin with but that is one of the main reasons I want to root it too
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #9
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
jwalck5950 said:
Gotcha...but still, because its rooted u should be able to just look for the update on xda or something right? Btw how is this beast rooted? How much more battery life can you squeeze out of this? I mean its amazing to begin with but that is one of the main reasons I want to root it too
Yea, I could, xda is blocked at my job for some reason. I've scaled down mine, I have it limited to 800 mhz for each core, still runs good though. I get to work at 7 or 8. By 6 I'm at or around 70%. I make a few calls, do about 90 minutes of streaming, text regularly, ocassionally online.

Today I didn't stream, I'm at 80.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #10
space
$2,135 | POWERFUL
BlackRepub85 said:
Yea, I could, xda is blocked at my job for some reason. I've scaled down mine, I have it limited to 800 mhz for each core, still runs good though. I get to work at 7 or 8. By 6 I'm at or around 70%. I make a few calls, do about 90 minutes of streaming, text regularly, ocassionally online.

Today I didn't stream, I'm at 80.
Makes sense...could u send me a link to what u used to root? And Is it fairly simple? Thanks ahead of time
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #11
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
jwalck5950 said:
Makes sense...could u send me a link to what u used to root? And Is it fairly simple? Thanks ahead of time
I used this:

It is simple, I ran into some trouble, basically just had to factory reset my phone and then it worked afterwards. It got stuck on the Odin step. Not a big deal everything was on my sd so I didn't lose anything. Just read the steps and make sure you know what you're doing, if for any reason you don't ask questions.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #12
mtbatol 9 heat pts space
space
$3,726 | 16565958
Us T-Mobile folks had this since Christmas morning

Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #13
Bleezy 7 heat pts space
Everyone Who Isn't Us...
space
$11,075 | POWERFUL
Tiko377 said:

Just get the Note 2... gonna be a minute for the S4.

The waiting game can be a dreadful experience in the mobile phone market.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
PLAY GAMES NOT SYSTEMS
space
$33,695 | POWERFUL
Bleezy said:
Just get the Note 2... gonna be a minute for the S4.

The waiting game can be a dreadful experience in the mobile phone market.
Yup. Soon as he gets that S4, people will be saying you should wait for the Note 3. sh*t is endless. You just gotta pull the trigger.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #15
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts space
space
$657 | 2489010
Downloading Now

Bout F'n time!

Last edited by Chi80sbaby; 12-27-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #16
Y.G. 23 heat pts23 space
space
$31,140 | POWERFUL
tiko377 said:

I keep looking at craiglist also but havent found one at a respectable price range
s iv.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #17
PLAY GAMES NOT SYSTEMS
space
$33,695 | POWERFUL
Y.G. said:
s iv.
Any particular reason? I know you're a Galaxy S dude. Just curious.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #18
Manny05 1 heat pts space
PSN - TheOpportunist08
space
$17,394 | POWERFUL
I'm waiting for xda to incorporate the multi Window feature for the s3
So far this rom I'm running jellybam is gonna have an update tomorrow with it. So I can't wait to try it
Aokp already has the latest android up and running. By far the smoothest quickest rom ever made. Just waiting for them to fix the call bug. Everything else works.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #19
Y.G. 23 heat pts23 space
space
$31,140 | POWERFUL
KURUPTION!!! said:
Any particular reason? I know you're a Galaxy S dude. Just curious.
No reason other than he's waited this long and it doesn't seem like he's in need of phone right now. If he can find a deal on the Note 2, I'd get it but if not, I'd wait.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #20
bigmike5115  space
space
$1,428 | 2116931
Is the gs3 getting this?

Home > all sections > BX Tech

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
43 viewing
Image inside DJ Drama responds to rumors he gave Meek Mill the reference tracks for..
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
37 viewing
Image inside You're not a little girl, you're a woman (Take my hand) Let me tell yo..
31 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Article inside ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Reviews Are In, ’The Avengers’ Of Rap Biopics
95 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Real or fake? The undertaker sues meek mill
158 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Meek Mill - Wanna Know (Lyrics)
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Anonymous wasn't playing... #RageForSandra
84 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside Frank Ocean - Boys Dont Cry Album Dropping Today ?
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside T-Pain: "Jay Z Has Used Ghostwriters . . . "
157 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Jul 31 - Millennials Are Finding Jobs, Stress, Residual Debt Are Keeping Them ..
62 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time