This is BX @ Boxden.com

AT&T to update Samsung Galaxy Note II with Multi-Window tomorrow

topic by KURUPTION!!! - 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM - Boxden > BX Tech

Most US models of the Samsung Galaxy Note II have already been updated with Multi-Window -- a split-screen feature that allows users to view two apps at once -- but AT&T is the last of the four national powers that hasn't pushed the feature out to its customers. That will change tomorrow, as AT&T has confirmed to us in an email that it will roll out the new build over the air at some point during the day. We're happy that users won't have to rely on Samsung's proprietary Kies desktop software to update their devices, but minor downloads like this are typically facilitated OTA. There's no word on if the ROM will be pushed out in phases to minimalize the impact on AT&T's servers, but don't be terribly worried if you don't get notified right away. Continue below to read the carrier's official statement on the matter.

Here's AT&T's full statement:

AT&T plans to begin rolling out a software update for Samsung Galaxy Note II customers that includes the Multi-Window feature, which allows the user to divide the screen into two active "windows" creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications. The update will be available for download over the air beginning Dec. 27.

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

25 comments for "AT&T to update Samsung Galaxy Note II with Multi-Window tomorrow"

12-26-2012, 08:44 PMaway - #2
Tiko377 768 heat pts768

d 
space
$6,853 | POWERFUL
i keep thinking if i should get this phone and use my upgrade or wait for the s4.....

i keep looking at craiglist also but havent found one at a respectable price range
 12-26-2012, 09:41 PMaway - #3
Big Yari 5 heat pts

d 
space
$621 | 5204746
Originally Posted by Tiko377
i keep thinking if i should get this phone and use my upgrade or wait for the s4.....

i keep looking at craiglist also but havent found one at a respectable price range
same thing i was thinking but I think ima just wait for s4...rumors about that phone have been sounding hella nice
 12-26-2012, 10:30 PMaway - #4
Rob De Niro 99 heat pts99

d 
space
$9,137 | POWERFUL
cant wait for the update. Multitasking FTW
 12-27-2012, 08:32 AMaway - #5
BlackRepub85 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,949 | POWERFUL
Anybody know for sure if I already rooted, could update this and not brick my phone. And if I can do I just have to re-root the phone.
 12-27-2012, 09:02 AMaway - #6
ClustyMolecules 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$1,040 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BlackRepub85
Anybody know for sure if I already rooted, could update this and not brick my phone. And if I can do I just have to re-root the phone.
isnt that one of the main benefits to rooting your phone, so you dont have to wait for updates? Shouldnt you already have the multi-window feature with whatever ROM you used?? Thats just my understanding, I could be wrong...I havnt rooted mine yet...

Did anyone get the update yet? I checked through Kies and through the phones update and still dont see it yet...I know Im being super impatient BUT.... I needs dat in my life
 12-27-2012, 09:11 AMaway - #7
BlackRepub85 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,949 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jwalck5950
isnt that one of the main benefits to rooting your phone, so you dont have to wait for updates? Shouldnt you already have the multi-window feature with whatever ROM you used?? Thats just my understanding, I could be wrong...I havnt rooted mine yet...

Did anyone get the update yet? I checked through Kies and through the phones update and still dont see it yet...I know Im being super impatient BUT.... I needs dat in my life
It is the benefit for some, but I didn't root for that reason, I rooted to control the programs on my phone and be able to have more control over my battery life.
 12-27-2012, 02:16 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$1,040 | POWERFUL
It is the benefit for some, but I didn't root for that reason, I rooted to control the programs on my phone and be able to have more control over my battery life.
Gotcha...but still, because its rooted u should be able to just look for the update on xda or something right? Btw how is this beast rooted? How much more battery life can you squeeze out of this? I mean its amazing to begin with but that is one of the main reasons I want to root it too
 12-27-2012, 02:26 PMaway - #9
BlackRepub85 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,949 | POWERFUL
Gotcha...but still, because its rooted u should be able to just look for the update on xda or something right? Btw how is this beast rooted? How much more battery life can you squeeze out of this? I mean its amazing to begin with but that is one of the main reasons I want to root it too
Yea, I could, xda is blocked at my job for some reason. I've scaled down mine, I have it limited to 800 mhz for each core, still runs good though. I get to work at 7 or 8. By 6 I'm at or around 70%. I make a few calls, do about 90 minutes of streaming, text regularly, ocassionally online.

Today I didn't stream, I'm at 80.
 12-27-2012, 02:46 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$1,040 | POWERFUL
Yea, I could, xda is blocked at my job for some reason. I've scaled down mine, I have it limited to 800 mhz for each core, still runs good though. I get to work at 7 or 8. By 6 I'm at or around 70%. I make a few calls, do about 90 minutes of streaming, text regularly, ocassionally online.

Today I didn't stream, I'm at 80.
Makes sense...could u send me a link to what u used to root? And Is it fairly simple? Thanks ahead of time
 12-27-2012, 03:00 PMaway - #11
BlackRepub85 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,949 | POWERFUL
Makes sense...could u send me a link to what u used to root? And Is it fairly simple? Thanks ahead of time
I used this:

It is simple, I ran into some trouble, basically just had to factory reset my phone and then it worked afterwards. It got stuck on the Odin step. Not a big deal everything was on my sd so I didn't lose anything. Just read the steps and make sure you know what you're doing, if for any reason you don't ask questions.
 12-27-2012, 03:42 PMaway - #12
mtbatol 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,478 | 15196102
Us T-Mobile folks had this since Christmas morning

12-27-2012, 04:19 PMaway - #13
Bleezy 7 heat pts

d 
space
$9,311 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tiko377

Just get the Note 2... gonna be a minute for the S4.

The waiting game can be a dreadful experience in the mobile phone market.
 12-27-2012, 04:37 PMaway - #14
KURUPTION!!! 467 heat pts467

d 
space
$32,292 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bleezy
Just get the Note 2... gonna be a minute for the S4.

The waiting game can be a dreadful experience in the mobile phone market.
Yup. Soon as he gets that S4, people will be saying you should wait for the Note 3. !! is endless. You just gotta pull the trigger.
 12-27-2012, 04:38 PMaway - #15
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts

d 
space
$332 | 1646046
Downloading Now

Bout F'n time!

Last edited by Chi80sbaby; 12-27-2012 at 04:41 PM..
 12-27-2012, 05:26 PMaway - #16
Y.G. 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$22,428 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tiko377

I keep looking at craiglist also but havent found one at a respectable price range
s iv.
 12-27-2012, 05:42 PMaway - #17
KURUPTION!!! 467 heat pts467

d 
space
$32,292 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
s iv.
Any particular reason? I know you're a Galaxy S dude. Just curious.
 12-27-2012, 05:56 PMaway - #18
Manny05 

d 
space
$16,777 | POWERFUL
I'm waiting for xda to incorporate the multi Window feature for the s3
So far this rom I'm running jellybam is gonna have an update tomorrow with it. So I can't wait to try it
Aokp already has the latest android up and running. By far the smoothest quickest rom ever made. Just waiting for them to fix the call bug. Everything else works.
 12-27-2012, 07:05 PMaway - #19
Y.G. 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$22,428 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KURUPTION!!!
Any particular reason? I know you're a Galaxy S dude. Just curious.
No reason other than he's waited this long and it doesn't seem like he's in need of phone right now. If he can find a deal on the Note 2, I'd get it but if not, I'd wait.
 12-27-2012, 07:44 PMaway - #20
bigmike5115 

d 
space
$1,332 | 1902176
Is the gs3 getting this?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Offiical Final Trailer #3
69 comments
Image inside  EA Sports Unveils First Look at NBA Live 15
56 comments
NBA yo Wiggins is fuggin shredded tho.. (pic)
106 comments
 Image(s) inside "....fu-k The Police. If You See Her......"
New reply 6 minutes ago - 60 comments - by surreyjack
 NBA Cnn Breaking News: Lebron James Is The Best Nba Player...
New reply 48 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Motion
 Article inside Diddy Tops Forbes’ Hip-hop’s Wealthiest Artists Of 201...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 64 comments - by SM
 Video inside 50 Cent Hot 97 Interview(full): Talks Beef, Aa, Ross, ...
New reply 1 hour ago - 146 comments - by A.Dot789
 NFL Chris Johnson To The Jets
New reply 26 minutes ago - 75 comments - by 1andonlyKingP
 Video inside So The Boy August Alsina Just G Checked 106 And Park L...
New reply 1 hour ago - 215 comments - by Adwerdz
 NBA Lebron Improves Fg% For 7th Straight Year, Is Only Pla...
New reply 46 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Motion
 Article inside Wu-tang-affiliated Rapper Cuts Off His Own Peni$, Jump...
New reply 2 hours ago - 99 comments - by A.Dot789

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,697 fans of BX | none new today 4,657 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.