This is BX @ Boxden.com


Apple gets desperate, files patent for iOS notification system


 Apple gets desperate, files patent for iOS notification system
topic by Jesszman - 01-03-2013, 04:33 PM - Boxden > BX Tech


A filing published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Thursday reveals that Apple is looking to patent the iOS Notification Center, a feature similar to Google's Notification Bar which allows mobile device users to keep tabs on a multitude of apps from a central hub.


Apple applies for iOS 'Notification Center' patent years after Google's 'Notification Bar'

> Apple gets desperate, files patent for iOS notification system - Photo posted in BX Tech | Sign in and leave a comment below!


share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

11 comments for "Apple gets desperate, files patent for iOS notification system"


 01-03-2013, 05:00 PMonline - #2
FrankAndBeans 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$1,794 | POWERFUL
I think it's bizarre that despite many of you having almost no knowledge or experience with the patent industry you all hold such strong opinions about its events.
 01-03-2013, 05:04 PMaway - #3
NBA Brawler 84 heat pts84

  d 
space
$12,769 | POWERFUL
Doesn't Google already have a patent on this?
 01-03-2013, 05:09 PMonline - #4
FrankAndBeans 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$1,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NBA Brawler
Doesn't Google already have a patent on this?
Google has a patent on their own notification system, Apple is patenting their own. Every corporation in the world patents everything "unique" to their company, even if it's merely a variation of a current offering.
 01-03-2013, 11:54 PMaway - #5
MELODY 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,344 | POWERFUL
I don't understand why this wasn't done prior to production.
 01-04-2013, 01:16 AMaway - #6
EGO 51 heat pts51

  d 
space
$29,509 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FrankAndBeans
Google has a patent on their own notification system, Apple is patenting their own. Every corporation in the world patents everything "unique" to their company, even if it's merely a variation of a current offering.
There's something called "broad spectrum patents" you may want to look into. To claim to know so much about patents you sure didn't think about that.
 01-04-2013, 02:10 AMonline - #7
FrankAndBeans 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$1,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by e G o Maniac
There's something called "broad spectrum patents" you may want to look into. To claim to know so much about patents you sure didn't think about that.
"Broad spectrum patents" isn't an official subject with research or literature supporting it. This patent by Apple is very specific to its product. People get fired for drafting broad, unenforcible patents; thats a huge waste of time an money. Apple didnt patent the notification system, it patented APPLE'S notification system and the features and details specific to it.
 01-04-2013, 02:40 AMaway - #8
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$30,340 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FrankAndBeans
"Broad spectrum patents" isn't an official subject with research or literature supporting it. This patent by Apple is very specific to its product. People get fired for drafting broad, unenforcible patents; thats a huge waste of time an money. Apple didnt patent the notification system, it patented APPLE'S notification system and the features and details specific to it.
that ni##a stay trying to kick knowledge
 01-04-2013, 06:26 AMaway - #9
Manny05 

  d 
space
$17,079 | POWERFUL
Unbelievable
They better reject the dam patent
 01-04-2013, 08:20 AMaway - #10
Staszy 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$2,399 | 18436351
Edison earned 1,093 United States patents, a record number for one person that still stands. He also earned at least several hundred foreign patents from Great Britain, France, Germany and other countries. Most foreign patents were similar to the American ones.
 01-04-2013, 09:25 AMaway - #11
fat_boyy21 243 heat pts243

  d 
space
$7,579 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FrankAndBeans
I think it's bizarre that despite many of you having almost no knowledge or experience with the patent industry you all hold such strong opinions about its events.
I guess we all have stop watching pro sports and politics... Apples already had patents taken away and this will likely be denied
 01-04-2013, 11:09 AMaway - #12
canal_boys 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,636 | 8759438
Originally Posted by FrankAndBeans
"Broad spectrum patents" isn't an official subject with research or literature supporting it. This patent by Apple is very specific to its product. People get fired for drafting broad, unenforcible patents; thats a huge waste of time an money. Apple didnt patent the notification system, it patented APPLE'S notification system and the features and details specific to it.
petent rounded corners?
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
68 comments
Remastered Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas On The Way?
60 comments
NBA LeBron: We're Not A Big Three, We're A Big Fifteen
53 comments
 Image(s) inside Nba Live 15 Ea Access Full Game Trial Lands October 23...
New reply 1 minute ago - 54 comments - by Pleasure Boy
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Donít Think Russell Wi...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 151 comments - by st21
 Image(s) inside Missing Sphinx Head Found In Ancient Greek Tomb
New reply 5 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Sniggit
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spankyís Gay Acc...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 112 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Oct 21 - Man To Obama: Don't Touch My Girlfriend
New reply 12 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Carlton Black
  Tyga Praises Lil Wayne, Kanye, Jay-z & Em, Says Dr...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 130 comments - by mdemaz
 Video inside T.i. At The Breakfast Club: Iggy & Snoop, Ebola, G...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 68 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 300 comments - by blafy

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,796 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.