This is BX @ Boxden.com

Mama (2013)

Poll results - Rating
5 Stars 1 5.88%
4 Stars 6 35.29%
3 Stars 5 29.41%
2 Stars 2 11.76%
1 Star 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only) [Click here to become a member]

Mama (2013)
topic by Steve - 01-17-2013, 07:34 PM - Boxden > New Big Screen and DVD Movie Ratings

Release Date: January 18, 2013
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Andres Muschietti
Screenwriter: Neil Cross, Andy Muschietti, Barbara Muschietti
Starring: Jessica Chastain, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Megan Charpentier, Isabelle Nellsse
Genre: Supernatural Thriller
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence and terror, some disturbing images and thematic elements)
Official Website: Mamamovie.com
Review: 7/10 rating
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: View here
Production Stills: View here

Plot Summary: Guillermo del Toro presents "Mama," a supernatural thriller that tells the haunting tale of two little girls who disappeared into the woods the day that their parents were k!lled. When they are rescued years later and begin a new life, they find that someone or something still wants to come tuck them in at night.

Five years ago, sisters Victoria and Lilly vanished from their suburban neighborhood without a trace. Since then, their Uncle Lucas (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) and his girlfriend, Annabel (Jessica Chastain), have been madly searching for them. But when, incredibly, the kids are found alive in a decrepit cabin, the couple wonders if the girls are the only guests they have welcomed into their home.

As Annabel tries to introduce the children to a normal life, she grows convinced of an evil presence in their house. Are the sisters experiencing traumatic stress, or is a ghost coming to visit them? How did the broken girls survive those years all alone? As she answers these disturbing questions, the new mother will find that the whispers she hears at bedtime are coming from the lips of a deadly presence.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

8 comments for "Mama (2013)"

01-18-2013, 12:59 PMaway - #2
Bouncer 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$12,340 | POWERFUL
sounds scary
 01-19-2013, 10:57 AMonline - #3
SOD RG 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$8,267 | POWERFUL
Saw it last night. for a PG13 horror film , it was good. It's hard to call it a horror film though. People die but it's like a dark mystery about 2 women f!ghting for the love for the children. It's creepy and most movies don't send off this vibe to me it felt like the ring in a sense but better. I hope it does well this weekend.
 01-26-2013, 12:41 PMaway - #4
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CakedUP23
Saw it last night. for a PG13 horror film , it was good. It's hard to call it a horror film though. People die but it's like a dark mystery about 2 women f!ghting for the love for the children. It's creepy and most movies don't send off this vibe to me it felt like the ring in a sense but better. I hope it does well this weekend.
Damn thanks. I thought this movie was gonna be another cookie-cutter type of paranormal movie. Glad to see it sounds like a top-tier paranormal movie
 01-27-2013, 12:36 AMaway - #5
KiddKidd45 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$7,385 | POWERFUL
saw it and it put me to sleep...and was also a comedy. i was drunk when i seen it though cant even lie
 01-28-2013, 04:25 AMaway - #6
bi0 2 heat pts

d 
space
$4,457 | 13030833
Not bad not great similar to insidious
 01-28-2013, 08:44 AMaway - #7
Universal~Mind 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$11,618 | POWERFUL
I thought it had a few decent moments but i was completely disgusted with the ending..... It was waaaaay too ceremonial and Hollywood for my taste with all the artsy ghostly bs..... way too much emphasis drawn around the spirit and at that point it was just lame...... 3 out of 5 for decency Boxden gave this more 4 stars than anything and I expected more..... ShameOnBx TrynnaRunGameOnnani##a
 01-29-2013, 03:35 PMaway - #8
minimeblunts 

d 
space
$4,558 | 12713751
Horrible movie
 03-07-2013, 10:02 AMonline - #9
Quddus 5 heat pts

d 
space
$5,518 | 14024162
Originally Posted by minimeblunts
Horrible movie
hated this trash. I went with a friend to see this. We both wanted our cash back. The ending was just This #### made a profit so expect part 2 in theaters soon

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot > New Big Screen and DVD Movie Ratings

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Sep 29 - NY Man Who Biked Around The World Killed by ..
66 comments
Sep 28 - Nearly 2 Million Americans Have Chlamydia
72 comments
NFL Steve Smith : "I ran around the Panthers like they were ..
81 comments
 Video inside The Chipotle Loophole...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 102 comments - by shadydre85
 Image(s) inside Wiz And Amber Before The Divorce
New reply 26 minutes ago - 60 comments - by kronzsw
 NBA Lebron's Hair Is Gone Again! (pic)
New reply 8 minutes ago - 190 comments - by pandadays
 Video inside 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'training Day'
New reply 31 minutes ago - 87 comments - by LexHeyden
 NBA Roy Hibbert To Cavs Update(reportedly Now In Trade Tal...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Loc Da Pusherman
 Video inside Big Fendi Tells All At The Breakfast Club: Discovering...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 69 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside Missy Elliott Spotted In Atlanta Night Club (photos)
New reply 26 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Whoo
 Image(s) inside Chinese Restaurant Gives Zero F*cks About What You Think
New reply 42 minutes ago - 144 comments - by Chedda

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,816 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,800 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.