Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Cloud Atlas (2012)

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
165 viewing
 Video inside New Young Thug Teaser (Carter 6) - Young Thug - Che..
72 comments
most viewed right now
117 viewing
Video inside Karrine Steffans Breaks Down How She Got 'Superhead..
197 comments

top in section
47 viewing
 Image inside I got fired today babe =(
top in wild'ish
top in section
41 viewing
 NBA Chris be like
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
Poll results - Rating
5 Stars 2 10.00%
4 Stars 12 60.00%
3 Stars 4 20.00%
2 Stars 0 0%
1 Star 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

 Cloud Atlas (2012)
Unread 11-24-2012, 09:19 AMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #21
HHS 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,333 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Vancouver
Didn't you think that using the same actors throughout all the different stories was 1. a bit obvious and 2. really going hard on something that was only hinted at in the book as a possibility, and only for one person, not a set of people?
I think when going from a novel to a film it's understandable to be more obvious and heavy-handed, and to play up a certain theme, because you don't have the time to develop the story in the way a novel does. I think if they hadn't used the same actors, and also if they hadn't done the quicker jumps between stories, then it might seem much more disjointed, especially to someone who hadn't read the novel.
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:52 AMJoined Jan 2004 - on now - #22
CTre 17 heat pts17 space
avatar space
Incredible Pro-Vison
space
$27,327 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kal Tourette
movie is great to the initiated and enlightened intellectual thinkers but horrible and bad to the short attention span, no patience having, unenlightened, ignorant bunch who u probably catch at a twilight show or madea movie lol
Hellurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:42 AMJoined Oct 2012 - away - #23
BlackRepub85 8 heat pts space
avatar space
Libertarian Ideals
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kal Tourette
movie is great to the initiated and enlightened intellectual thinkers but horrible and bad to the short attention span, no patience having, unenlightened, ignorant bunch who u probably catch at a twilight show or madea movie lol
I disagree, I have a horrible attention span and I have no patience, but I found the skipping between eras very attention grabbing. Me not reading the book and not knowing there was a book, it kept me alert figuring out what's going on. Also, I didn't read anything about the movie, I just picked it because Halle was in it honestly and accientally fell into a good movie.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:58 AMJoined Jun 2005 - away - #24
Vancouver 9 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,295 | 10576235
Originally Posted by HHS
I think when going from a novel to a film it's understandable to be more obvious and heavy-handed, and to play up a certain theme, because you don't have the time to develop the story in the way a novel does. I think if they hadn't used the same actors, and also if they hadn't done the quicker jumps between stories, then it might seem much more disjointed, especially to someone who hadn't read the novel.
Good points. Still, I think making a bunch of characters go throughout time was too much, when it was only the possibility of the main character, with the birth mark. I haven't seen the movie yet, but the trailer was pretty expansive. I also thought adding a love story through the ages was reaching as well. Did they at least have the line where Cavendish called the reincarnation in the Luisa Rey story too new age-y? I thought that was an important part of the book that gave readers who didn't care for the theme of reincarnation an out, especially because I think the book is more about reoccuring themes of the human experience, not actually reoccuring people.
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:41 PMJoined Apr 2004 - away - #25
Mr_Plenty  space
avatar space
IT IS WHAT IT IS
space
$2,276 | 4991708
i gotta watch it

Last edited by Mr_Plenty; 12-06-2012 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: dont matter my nigga
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:05 AMJoined May 2010 - on now - #26
freshprinceoba 17 heat pts17 space
avatar space
VIP Member
space
$6,298 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kal Tourette
movie is great to the initiated and enlightened intellectual thinkers but horrible and bad to the short attention span, no patience having, unenlightened, ignorant bunch who u probably catch at a twilight show or madea movie lol



So you mean you right?

Gotta love pretentious people like you This site if full of m.

This movie isnt for 'smart' people, it's really not that hard to understand.

It does try way to hard though and to be honest it's just an average movie, the book is so much better.


3/5
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:39 PMJoined Mar 2007 - away - #27
Daville502 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,593 | 6111464
I've fallen asleep on this movie twice but i plan on getting through it at some point. It just hasn't been interesting enough to hold my attention.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:45 PMJoined Apr 2004 - away - #28
Mr_Plenty  space
avatar space
IT IS WHAT IT IS
space
$2,276 | 4991708
Ok, this movie is not good to me. Why you may ask? Because you spend too much time trying to connect with all the characters then connect all the characters together and figure out what the hell is actually occuring.

The different story lines are not bad but then they switch to another story line when you are finally being engaged. Then theres the portion where halle and tom hanks speak hard to understand languages. Then theres the f*ggot portion. I can give this movie a 5/10 because afterall it wasn't dumb and involved quite some thinking but on the other hand i want to be entertained.

Don't forget this film is damn near 3hrs long. whew.
Reply With Quote
 

new replies show automatically every 10 second(s) automatic refreshing stopped Un-Idle - Reload

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot > New Big Screen and DVD Movie Ratings
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
27 viewing
Image inside Augusta native Cortez Berry is NOT enjoying his st..
131 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Audio inside Diddy Outed AGAIN by the King of Instagram aka Fat ..
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside Juelz girl aint got a belly button  
69 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Mar 31 - Whistleblower cop: Police Get Gun and Sku..
90 comments
@news
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Godfather Girth shows off amazing physique (Rare Q..
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside The Internet Already Making A Mockery Out Of Jay Z..
360 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Video inside Anyone seen that Beiber roast? SMH (full video insi..
106 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Malaysians shot down a real life DRAGON!!!
75 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside The Clinton Body Count  
78 comments
@wild'ish

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time