This is BX @ Boxden.com

Straight from a Car Salesman (tips on buying, etc.) (Q/A)

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Straight from a Car Salesman (tips on buying, etc.) (Q/A)
 12-15-2012, 02:16 PMaway - #61
bpw5009 1 heat pts

d 
space
$325 | 847696
Originally Posted by mrsolodolow81
I am interested in trading in my 07 LS Avalanche for a 2013 LTZ Avalanche. would it be foolish to do this considering that Chevy is going to discontinue the Avalanche after 2013?....or any vehicle model that is or will be discontinued?
I wont say its foolish if you really like the vehicle buy it. I would just let you know if you get 13 and it gets discontinued the value will take a hit once they stop making it. If you plan on keeping the truck 6-7 years then it wont be a big deal. If you like to get a new car every 2-3 years i def wouldnt do it. Also the longer you wait to get the 13 the better deal you can get because dealers will be looking to get rid of them
 01-05-2013, 09:00 PMaway - #62
layzie8171 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,001 | POWERFUL
what yall opinion on a 2008 mazda 6 with 36,000 miles on it. no accidents, 2 owners. one only put bout 16,000 miles on it in 3 years and the other owner put the rest on it in bout a year and 2 months months.
 03-03-2013, 02:51 PMaway - #63
BRonin357 1 heat pts

d 
space
$4,240 | 16358766
Am looking to upgrade from an 08 impala to the new 14 impala. I still owe 9g's on it and it has 82,000 milies on it. I don't have the best credit, but I have decent job and make just over 50 a year. I figure before interest and warranties I can pay 400-500 a month.
 05-31-2013, 12:55 AMaway - #64
Slicedadon 

d 
space
$375 | 1157713
So let's say the advertised price for a used car is $12,000, how much should you realistically try to talk them down? I'm trying to get something like a 2007 or 2008 Cadillac STS or Lincoln MKZ. I see different price ranges, but you should never settle for the advertised sticker price right? First car I ever bought was a 3 year old Nissan Altima and my brother's best friend got 2k knocked off the asking price. What should I try to do?
 07-15-2013, 07:44 PMaway - #65
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts

d 
space
$339 | 1646046
^^This same scenario different car.

Looking to buy the Camaro 12 or 2013 SS. I have 10% down payment (I heard this is the normal to have for a low car note) of the asking price of two in mind. One is the 2012 $32K with 7K miles. the other is the 2011 $26K with 34K miles on it. Want the 2012 bc of the color and lower miles. Is there a way to get let's say $5k off of the 2012 Camaro??? btw both are 2SS's.
 10-13-2013, 01:36 PMaway - #66
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Good thread. Been lookin at the some cadillacs and thinkin about leasing one of the sedans. I would be a first timer too. Credit aint the greatest. What can I expect and how much bread should i bring?
 11-09-2013, 12:58 AMaway - #67
Liquid-Science 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$16,352 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GrownmanJ
Good thread. Been lookin at the some cadillacs and thinkin about leasing one of the sedans. I would be a first timer too. Credit aint the greatest. What can I expect and how much bread should i bring?
yeah, same boat, been looking at Lacs...

got cash on hand but gonna use some of it to clear a few things off my credit then try to have a few Gs in cash for the down payment and to pay all of the fees or whatever so these ####as won't try tor### me

cadillacs have gotten so s3xy the last decade...that deville/DTS is what I think I'm going to get
 12-14-2013, 01:13 AMaway - #68
Sental 

d 
space
$1,920 | 333994
Been in the business for a few years best advice I can give is to shop on the last day of the month. Every dealership has goals and if you walk in on the last day of the month I promise you will get a better deal. After going over pricing for a few minutes get up and walk out they will hop up and start cutting the price even more.
Know the value of your trade!!! Do a kelly blue book search and NADA because if you don't know you will get ####ed!
The best advice I can give is go to truecar.com put in the info on the car you want and true car will give you the dealers invoice price which is always thousands below the sticker price. True car will also give you the dealers hold back which is the money under invoice that the dealer has to hold back and still make a small profit. The best deal you can get at a dealer is to walk in with a print off from Truecar show the salesman after the test drive and let him know you want the invoice price and split the hold back amount with the dealer.
 12-14-2013, 08:43 AMaway - #69
eightytyson06 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$10,497 | POWERFUL
what do you guys think of warranties and i was honestly ready to cop a whip today i think imma wait now and see what kind of finance rate my bank can get me
 01-25-2014, 10:57 AMaway - #70
CaLis LEGACY 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$814 | POWERFUL
can someone go over the benefits and cons of 2 year lease as oppose to buying a car to own
 05-28-2014, 08:41 PMaway - #71
bigmac2g 

d 
space
$141 | 320972
Originally Posted by daviw1024
I used to work at a big chevy dealership here in Daygo.....best advice I can give is once you deal and haggle for a minute actually get up and leave the showroom acting like you are over it and about to leave......easy 1-2k off base price
I sell BMWs and there are a couple of things i see regularly that if you avoid you will come out better off when you buy a car. First, buy a car you can afford, by that I mean if you want a 2012 5 Series that is on my lot for 34k, and i show you a monthly payment of 550 for 72 months and you need to put 5k down to get the car in a payment range you can afford, guess what, you cannot afford the car. Next piece of advice if you are currently in a car, if you can afford to, pay more than your monthly payment each month to your bank, this will counter act the interest the bank is charging you for loaning you money. Third, unless the bank requires you to put money down to approve the loan, dont do it, thats just straight profit for the dealership. Fourth piece of advice is, if you are purchasing a new luxury vehicle, if you arent a person who drives 20k miles a year. dont purchase it, lease it. by leasing you in the case of bmws, will always be in warranty (4yrs or 50k miles) where your maintenance to include oil changes, battery, windshield wipers etc is paid for. The last piece of advice is, if you can wait til the last week of the month to purchase a car, most General Managers are in a full court press at this point to get end of month numbers up and will make a lot of "this price, today only" type deals to where they will go down to the break even point on a car to make a deal happen. Sorry being long but these are the things I see on a daily basis.
 07-22-2014, 09:58 PMaway - #72
carden2 9 heat pts

d 
space
$11,726 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bigmac2g
I sell BMWs and there are a couple of things i see regularly that if you avoid you will come out better off when you buy a car. First, buy a car you can afford, by that I mean if you want a 2012 5 Series that is on my lot for 34k, and i show you a monthly payment of 550 for 72 months and you need to put 5k down to get the car in a payment range you can afford, guess what, you cannot afford the car. Next piece of advice if you are currently in a car, if you can afford to, pay more than your monthly payment each month to your bank, this will counter act the interest the bank is charging you for loaning you money. Third, unless the bank requires you to put money down to approve the loan, dont do it, thats just straight profit for the dealership. Fourth piece of advice is, if you are purchasing a new luxury vehicle, if you arent a person who drives 20k miles a year. dont purchase it, lease it. by leasing you in the case of bmws, will always be in warranty (4yrs or 50k miles) where your maintenance to include oil changes, battery, windshield wipers etc is paid for. The last piece of advice is, if you can wait til the last week of the month to purchase a car, most General Managers are in a full court press at this point to get end of month numbers up and will make a lot of "this price, today only" type deals to where they will go down to the break even point on a car to make a deal happen. Sorry being long but these are the things I see on a daily basis.
Good advice. I just bought a vehicle today, no money down which made the dealer cut more off the price to close the deal. Also If you need 72 months at all you can't afford it.
 07-23-2014, 04:23 PMaway - #73
Bravo Golf 2 heat pts

d 
space
$769 | 6679320
I sold cars briefly (only like 3 months), but I concur with almost everything the BMW salesman above me said. I would say you should have money set aside for a down payment just in case you need it for approval. Also, having a down payment upfront helps offset the equity hit the car will take immediately once it's driven off the lot.

A good formula I was shown to estimate what monthly payments would be is to take the price of the car, divide by 1,000, then multiply by 20. That gives you a nice ballpark figure for monthly payments. Of course, your actual monthly payment will depend on several factors: credit rating, term length, down payment, etc.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-23-2014 at 04:25 PM..
 07-23-2014, 04:32 PMaway - #74
Bravo Golf 2 heat pts

d 
space
$769 | 6679320
Originally Posted by CaLis LEGACY
can someone go over the benefits and cons of 2 year lease as oppose to buying a car to own
This is an old post, but I'll take a crack at it anyway.

Leasing a vehicle is the option to go with if you only plan on keeping the car for less than four years. When leasing, you're paying the difference between the present-day price and the price the car is expected to be worth at the end of the leasing term. At the end of a lease, you have the option to turn the car back in and walk away or keep the car by transforming the lease into a buy.

The downside to leasing is that you have to stay within per year mileage level and customizing the car (rims, stereos, paint, tint, etc.) is usually off limits or severely limited.
 07-24-2014, 02:49 PMaway - #75
ima80baby 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$5,248 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bravo Golf
I sold cars briefly (only like 3 months), but I concur with almost everything the BMW salesman above me said. I would say you should have money set aside for a down payment just in case you need it for approval. Also, having a down payment upfront helps offset the equity hit the car will take immediately once it's driven off the lot.

A good formula I was shown to estimate what monthly payments would be is to take the price of the car, divide by 1,000, then multiply by 20. That gives you a nice ballpark figure for monthly payments. Of course, your actual monthly payment will depend on several factors: credit rating, term length, down payment, etc.

True, but I wouldn't advise putting money down unless it's absolutely necessary to get approved. Like BMW said above, that money is straight profit for the dealer, especially if your credit is good. The money will help offset the negative equity, but at the end of the day, the car is gonna lose value regardless. I'd rather keep that money in my pocket or give it to the bank after I've taken delivery.

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 Dominates Best Sell..
70 comments
why do so many people hate indie games?
58 comments
Coming soon to Xbox One Preview: An exclusive first look at EA ..
71 comments
 NFL Sherman Responds To Patrick Peterson's "you Mad B...
New reply 1 minute ago - 104 comments - by st21
 Video inside Man On 6 Train Starts Drawing Everybody On The Train A...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 55 comments - by local celebrity
  The "if I Got Paid A Dollar Every Time I Saw This...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 110 comments - by daddy31+2
 Image(s) inside Angela Simmons Wow
New reply 19 minutes ago - 97 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside Free Lil Reese
New reply 10 minutes ago - 201 comments - by WizLatifa
  Sony Says Ea Access Program Isn't "good Value"
New reply 27 minutes ago - 65 comments - by d2921
 Video inside Lil Wayne Attends Supperclub To Celebrate Mack Maine’s...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 116 comments - by Danny M
 NBA Is This Nigga Josh Gordon Serious B?
New reply 32 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Trapaveli

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.