This is BX @ Boxden.com

Nissan Altima 2.5 engine problem?

Nissan Altima 2.5 engine problem?
topic by frosty89 - 10-29-2009, 12:40 AM - Boxden > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

I'm interested in buying a Altima but i've been hearing that the 2.5 starts to have engine problem when it hit or gets close to 100k

Latest Rides Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

5 comments for "Nissan Altima 2.5 engine problem?"

10-29-2009, 01:28 AMaway - #2
Tozzi 

d 
space
$534 | 246527
I have a 2005 2.5 SL, I love it and have no complaints. What I can tell you is I have been advised by Nissan mechanics that the 2002 model year had a lotttt of problems. Which year are you referring to? Also, many of the gen 3 (I think 2002-2006) have to have faulty crankshaft/camshaft sensors replaced - very simple fix though, the parts are only $30/sensor. Other than that I love my Altima, no complaints at all. I am not promoting another forum over boxden but if you're looking for a lot of info go to
 10-29-2009, 05:54 PMaway - #3
frosty89 

d 
space
$640 | 1881986
I was interested in buying the 2007 Nissan Altima
 10-30-2009, 11:44 AMaway - #4
hydro187 

d 
space
$5,081 | 9491732
i have a 07 altima with 53k miles on it so far.....been driving it everyday for 2 years and no problems so far. ive only had one annoying a$s problem which was the "exhaust manifold shield" would make a ugly noise when it starts up after bein idle...but thats it other than that i like it but u should aim for the 3.5 them ####s move
 11-03-2009, 09:40 AMaway - #5
NcAlien 

d 
space
$1,812 | 4561096
That was just the previous years...Nissan had alot of problems with the 3rd gen Altima my roomate had one and they had to replace his motor.

"Third generation Altimas have been affected by a recall related to the intake manifold and the Power Valve, also known as butterfly valves. The Technical Service Bulletin — Campaign Number P5202 — covers 2004-2005 model years but does not cover all affected vehicles for earlier production years (2002-2003 out of warranty) with the same intake manifold design. This has left some owners affected by the problem with no recourse or remedy for what in some cases has amounted to catastrophic engine failure."

The Power Valve is a series of four plates in the QR25DE 4-cylinder engine, one per cylinder. The plates open and close simultaneously to allow more air into the combustion chamber for increased power. Each plate is held in place by two screws. The screws have been known to come loose as well as the plates and are then ingested into the engine via the intake ports. Nissan's remedy has been to remove the intake manifold, and if the screws are present, remove them and apply Loctite upon reinstalling the screws. Nissan has in some cases elected to replace entire engines, however on a selective basis.[8]

The 2002 Altima has an apparent defect with the pre-catalyst design. Heat from certain operating conditions may damage the catalyst substrate, which can score the cylinder walls and cause excessive oil consumption.[9]

Now he has an 08 2.5 and its deffinitely an improvement especially bolted to that CVT transmission. Im a Honda guy and its a very nice car IMO
 11-03-2009, 12:54 PMaway - #6
K-Train 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$3,157 | 14569362
Ya the QR25's have been known to burn oil.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  J.Coles fiancĂ©e
101 comments
Image inside  Walmart's pre-Black Friday sale kicks off tomorrow
54 comments
Article inside  PSN Hacked Again
52 comments
 Image(s) inside Nov 20 - Florida Nurse Says Bill Cosby Drugged And Rap...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 76 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Kobe Humiliates, Disrespects, And Sons 😂james ...
New reply 46 minutes ago - 80 comments - by lefthookright
 Image(s) inside Quavo Got Two Brand New Yrn Chains
New reply 4 minutes ago - 136 comments - by JNumbaNC
  Chief Keef Defends Bill Cosby Amid Rape Allegations: ‘...
New reply 1 hour ago - 60 comments - by La Flare
 NFL [throwback] T.o. Celebrates On The Reverse Cowgirls St...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 68 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
  Wendy Day (industry Insider) Say Birdman Was Forced To...
New reply 1 hour ago - 89 comments - by CheebaHawk21
 NFL Adrian Peterson On The Vikings: 'maybe It’s Best For M...
New reply 41 minutes ago - 94 comments - by Michael 1987
 Video inside Murda Mook And Dame Dash Call Out Drake For 15 Million
New reply 1 hour ago - 70 comments - by trill jackson

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,858 fans of BX | none new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.