Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
83 viewing
 Ariana Grande Says Big Sean’s Lyrics About Her pus-y Led To Breakup
119 comments
most viewed right now
42 viewing
 NBA Kris Humphries is a dumbass (tweet)
52 comments

top in section
22 viewing
 Video inside Boxden member tries to hit on girl sitting next to her BF
top in wild'ish
top in section
31 viewing
 BOX [Video] ESPN: Mayweathers history of domestic violence!
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate
Unread 6 years agoclass of '07 - away - #1
17282 pageviews
13 comments


cjstewar8  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,085 | 2153358
yea i have an 07 nissan altima 2.5s and when i turn and accelerate it makes a sound like when the transformers are transforming. my sister's old car used to do it too after about 70,000 miles. my car only has 30,000 miles on it and i like to think that i take care of it but that sound scares me. anybody know what it is?

and oh yea i have a break problem too. they squeak badly whenever i break but when i got them inspected a few weeks back and they said that i still had 45-50% break pad left. anything i can spray on em to stop the squeakin?
Reply With Quote

13 comments for "my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 6 years agoclass of '08 - away - #2
supervillain 206 heat pts206 space
avatar space
>>> Gij,j=0 <<<
space
$12,627 | POWERFUL
it makes a noise when you turn?

check your power steering fluid....it could be low!
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '09 - away - #3
Spiffy 34 heat pts34 space
avatar space
and the Academy goes to..
space
$20,023 | POWERFUL
Brakes- If it is squeeking it can be from either the pads are wearing out, or your roters are worn out. ALso sometimes when your brakes get wet it makes the squeek noise as well. I reccomend you repalce the front pads (for an altima its prolly like 50-60 bux) and leaving the rear alone for now.

Car noise - It can be from many things. Make sure to change your oil every 4k miles since it an altima I doubt you using syntetic oil. It can be your transmision fuking up. Always make sure you car is fully stopped before switching gears cuz that will grind the transmission. Make sure you got transmission fluid too.

My guess you either didnt change your oil or you ran out of transmission fluid in either case you will be f**ked if you dont fix it asap.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
JayR04 89 heat pts89 space
avatar space
PSN: JayR04
space
$6,868 | POWERFUL
also squeaky brakes could be from cracks in the pads from over heating. who ever checked your brakes should know that.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '08 - away - #5
supervillain 206 heat pts206 space
avatar space
>>> Gij,j=0 <<<
space
$12,627 | POWERFUL
Spiffy said:
Brakes- If it is squeeking it can be from either the pads are wearing out, or your roters are worn out. ALso sometimes when your brakes get wet it makes the squeek noise as well. I reccomend you repalce the front pads (for an altima its prolly like 50-60 bux) and leaving the rear alone for now.

Car noise - It can be from many things. Make sure to change your oil every 4k miles since it an altima I doubt you using syntetic oil. It can be your transmision fuking up. Always make sure you car is fully stopped before switching gears cuz that will grind the transmission. Make sure you got transmission fluid too.

My guess you either didnt change your oil or you ran out of transmission fluid in either case you will be f**ked if you dont fix it asap.
to add:
just check all your fluids....trans,oil,powersteerng,brake...etc
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #6
MrNickNick 3 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,701 | 12161863
Why don't u just take it to Nissan, it should at least be under warranty until 2011 or 45k miles, whatever comes first
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '09 - away - #7
gilbydakid 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Thedoomship.com
space
$3,764 | 4478195
does it make that noise when you turn right or left or both?

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.

Last edited by gilbydakid; 09-17-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '07 - away - #8
cjstewar8  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,085 | 2153358
gilbydakid said:
does it make that noise when you turn right or left or both?

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.
i never really checked to see which way makes the sound but ive noticed when i turned left yesterday. ima check and see the other side too

preciate the help fellas.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #9
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23 space
avatar space
15208
space
$4,998 | POWERFUL
gilbydakid said:
does it make that noise when you turn right or left or both?

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.


Gilb strikes again...... Another thing to check to see if there's any fluid underneath the ride. The powersteering fluid should be a redish color. Look at the power steering resivor to check the fluid level. Depending where you are it maybe too hot so you have to fill it accordingly.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
Virlynmatrix  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$109 | 10907
On another note u might need a new front axle. Mine makes noise everytime I make a right turn. Look to spend close to $200 alone and not even including labor!
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #11
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23 space
avatar space
15208
space
$4,998 | POWERFUL
Virlynmatrix said:
On another note u might need a new front axle. Mine makes noise everytime I make a right turn. Look to spend close to $200 alone and not even including labor!
He didn't mention anything about a clicking noise while turning but if I missed that then you're right but you don't really have to replace that whole axle, you can just replace the bearings on it.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '07 - away - #12
cjstewar8  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,085 | 2153358
i talked to the dudes at nissan and i needa come in for scheduled matinence soon so hopefully that fixes the problem. they refil all of your fluids and replace filters and shidd so i should be set
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '09 - away - #13
gilbydakid 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Thedoomship.com
space
$3,764 | 4478195
Jaiden05 said:
He didn't mention anything about a clicking noise while turning but if I missed that then you're right but you don't really have to replace that whole axle, you can just replace the bearings on it.
some fwd cars the axle and cv joint are a complete part just like on most all fwd the ball joint is sealed so you have to replace the whole control arm.

fwd cars<<<<<<<<<
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
deziking 41 heat pts41 space
avatar space
Mila Kunis
space
$14,989 | POWERFUL
I'v worked on nissans and I have to say they are the worst cars to buy. I have replaced transmissions on sentras with 40,000 miles, replaced axles very common on sentras lol. But check the pads see how much they are worn down, if they aren't worn down then reclean them. For the noise when you turn, I'd suggest checking the power steering fluid if it's low fill it up to right level. Please respond back if you have done all of this.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > Whipz 'n Stereos
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
26 viewing
Video inside Mysterious island is home to 60,000-year-old community
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Article inside ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ Actor Sawyer Sweeten Dead At 19
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Signs you may be in the Hood!!
79 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
NBA Only players with a Finals MVP and DPOY award
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside 50 Cent: “Why Only Angry Black B-tches Got Something To Say About My O..
310 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Video inside Girl rejects guy, guy then pretends he’s famous, suddenly she’s in love
123 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside SMH, WTF, LOL, or all of the above
110 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
7 viewing
NBA Steph Curry Had His Eyes Closed Attempting The Game Tying 3
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Rappers that are of Caribbean descent/heritage
226 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time