b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate
topic by cjstewar8 - 09-17-2009, 01:27 PM

yea i have an 07 nissan altima 2.5s and when i turn and accelerate it makes a sound like when the transformers are transforming. my sister's old car used to do it too after about 70,000 miles. my car only has 30,000 miles on it and i like to think that i take care of it but that sound scares me. anybody know what it is?

and oh yea i have a break problem too. they squeak badly whenever i break but when i got them inspected a few weeks back and they said that i still had 45-50% break pad left. anything i can spray on em to stop the squeakin?

13 comments for "my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate"

09-17-2009, 01:34 PMaway - #2
supervillain 196 heat pts196

d 
space
$12,394 | POWERFUL
it makes a noise when you turn?

check your power steering fluid....it could be low!
 09-17-2009, 02:17 PMaway - #3
Spiffy 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
Brakes- If it is squeeking it can be from either the pads are wearing out, or your roters are worn out. ALso sometimes when your brakes get wet it makes the squeek noise as well. I reccomend you repalce the front pads (for an altima its prolly like 50-60 bux) and leaving the rear alone for now.

Car noise - It can be from many things. Make sure to change your oil every 4k miles since it an altima I doubt you using syntetic oil. It can be your transmision fuking up. Always make sure you car is fully stopped before switching gears cuz that will grind the transmission. Make sure you got transmission fluid too.

My guess you either didnt change your oil or you ran out of transmission fluid in either case you will be ####ed if you dont fix it asap.
 09-17-2009, 03:15 PMaway - #4
JayR04 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$6,510 | POWERFUL
also squeaky brakes could be from cracks in the pads from over heating. who ever checked your brakes should know that.
 09-17-2009, 03:15 PMaway - #5
supervillain 196 heat pts196

d 
space
$12,394 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Brakes- If it is squeeking it can be from either the pads are wearing out, or your roters are worn out. ALso sometimes when your brakes get wet it makes the squeek noise as well. I reccomend you repalce the front pads (for an altima its prolly like 50-60 bux) and leaving the rear alone for now.

Car noise - It can be from many things. Make sure to change your oil every 4k miles since it an altima I doubt you using syntetic oil. It can be your transmision fuking up. Always make sure you car is fully stopped before switching gears cuz that will grind the transmission. Make sure you got transmission fluid too.

My guess you either didnt change your oil or you ran out of transmission fluid in either case you will be ####ed if you dont fix it asap.
to add:
just check all your fluids....trans,oil,powersteerng,brake...etc
 09-17-2009, 03:17 PMaway - #6
MrNickNick 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,701 | 12161863
Why don't u just take it to Nissan, it should at least be under warranty until 2011 or 45k miles, whatever comes first
 09-17-2009, 03:42 PMaway - #7
gilbydakid 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,764 | 4478195
does it make that noise when you turn right or left or both?

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.

Last edited by gilbydakid; 09-17-2009 at 03:44 PM..
 09-17-2009, 04:29 PMaway - #8
cjstewar8 

d 
space
$1,081 | 2153358
Originally Posted by gilbydakid

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.
i never really checked to see which way makes the sound but ive noticed when i turned left yesterday. ima check and see the other side too

preciate the help fellas.
 09-17-2009, 05:16 PMaway - #9
Jaiden05 

d 
space
$4,768 | 11554973
Originally Posted by gilbydakid

Gilb strikes again...... Another thing to check to see if there's any fluid underneath the ride. The powersteering fluid should be a redish color. Look at the power steering resivor to check the fluid level. Depending where you are it maybe too hot so you have to fill it accordingly.
 09-17-2009, 07:30 PMaway - #10
Virlynmatrix 

d 
space
$109 | 10907
On another note u might need a new front axle. Mine makes noise everytime I make a right turn. Look to spend close to $200 alone and not even including labor!
 09-17-2009, 07:51 PMaway - #11
Jaiden05 

d 
space
$4,768 | 11554973
Originally Posted by Virlynmatrix
On another note u might need a new front axle. Mine makes noise everytime I make a right turn. Look to spend close to $200 alone and not even including labor!
He didn't mention anything about a clicking noise while turning but if I missed that then you're right but you don't really have to replace that whole axle, you can just replace the bearings on it.
 09-17-2009, 10:20 PMaway - #12
cjstewar8 

d 
space
$1,081 | 2153358
i talked to the dudes at nissan and i needa come in for scheduled matinence soon so hopefully that fixes the problem. they refil all of your fluids and replace filters and shidd so i should be set
 09-18-2009, 03:50 PMaway - #13
gilbydakid 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,764 | 4478195
Originally Posted by Jaiden05
He didn't mention anything about a clicking noise while turning but if I missed that then you're right but you don't really have to replace that whole axle, you can just replace the bearings on it.
some fwd cars the axle and cv joint are a complete part just like on most all fwd the ball joint is sealed so you have to replace the whole control arm.

fwd cars<<<<<<<<<
 09-18-2009, 08:44 PMaway - #14
deziking 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$14,489 | POWERFUL
I'v worked on nissans and I have to say they are the worst cars to buy. I have replaced transmissions on sentras with 40,000 miles, replaced axles very common on sentras lol. But check the pads see how much they are worn down, if they aren't worn down then reclean them. For the noise when you turn, I'd suggest checking the power steering fluid if it's low fill it up to right level. Please respond back if you have done all of this.

Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
105 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
64 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
103 comments
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 284 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Godfather Fif Reacts To News Of 2 Police Officers Bein...
New reply 1 hour ago - 137 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Meek Mill On Bobby Shmurda Situation. (might Be Too Mu...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 68 comments - by FreeBigga
 BOX Roy Jones Jr. Dissing Floyd
New reply 1 hour ago - 226 comments - by elferoz
 Image(s) inside Q-tip Throwin Knowledge Darts At Iggy On Twitter
New reply 26 minutes ago - 150 comments - by ralph lauren
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 1 hour ago - 187 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 150 comments - by 187Proof
 Video inside Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops In Brooklyn By Topmkins
New reply 2 hours ago - 887 comments - by cheenz

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,850 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.