Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

My Car Cranks But Its Slow To Start

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
82 viewing
 Video inside Free Weezy Album Drops 4/20
45 comments
most viewed right now
66 viewing
 Matthysse-Provodnikov//Crawford-Dulorme[4-18-15][HBO]
599 comments

top in section
37 viewing
 NBA Western Conference | #7 Dallas Mavericks vs. #2 Houston R..
top in sports
top in section
15 viewing
Image inside "OVO" Air Jordans 10s Dropped
top in gear

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 My Car Cranks But Its Slow To Start
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
57594 pageviews
30 comments


youngvito18 8 heat pts space
avatar space
twitter.com/crownhimkang
space
$11,716 | POWERFUL
for the last few weeks it seems that anytime my car is hot when i put the key in the ignition to start the car, when i turn the key it cranks but it seems like it takes longer to start


like it'll crank but instead of starting right away it'll make a noise as if the battery is almost dead (the battery isnt dead though, its a new battery and i had the battery tested already and its good),

does this sound like a starter problem or a fuel regulator problem to you guys????

another thing after it does its slow crank, if i turn the car off and try to start it it starts like normal, like nothings wrong.....so maybe its the vault regulator??? cant be the fuel pump because the fuel pump is also new


any clue
Reply With Quote

30 comments for "My Car Cranks But Its Slow To Start"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #2
Woodwin 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Escobar Sanchez
space
$5,127 | 10748181
i got no idea...next time put some fuel system cleaner in that b**ch. Also what year and type of car is it
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '08 - away - #3
EddieDaDon  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$455 | 1066285
probably just need a tune up or sumthin..
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '09 - away - #4
Kyoji24  space
avatar space
Sharigan User
space
$1,071 | 2735309
Sounds like you have an dead cell in your battery, I had the same problem until I got a new one.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
ruff 6 heat pts space
avatar space
McThickridge
space
$24,406 | POWERFUL
Sounds like a starter.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
youngvito18 8 heat pts space
avatar space
twitter.com/crownhimkang
space
$11,716 | POWERFUL
Kyoji24 said:
Sounds like you have an dead cell in your battery, I had the same problem until I got a new one.
its a new battery though
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
youngvito18 8 heat pts space
avatar space
twitter.com/crownhimkang
space
$11,716 | POWERFUL
ruff said:
Sounds like a starter.
you think??? why the starter??
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '08 - away - #8
supervillain 205 heat pts205 space
avatar space
>>> Gij,j=0 <<<
space
$12,622 | POWERFUL
get your alternator checked...

Last edited by supervillain; 10-07-2009 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '09 - away - #9
markee 30 heat pts30 space
avatar space
R.I.P. SiN415
space
$3,440 | POWERFUL
Dude...start with the basics before you spend loads of $$$ for something you didnt even need. I'd check your battery lines for any deposits/corrosion. If any, clean it off with a brass wire brush. Next, I'd check my battery if it's the kind that needs the water to be replenished. If it is, I'd check the level. Next thing after that, I'd replace the spark plugs, spark plug wires and/or distribution cap. If none of those is fixing your problem, then I'd move on to the starter. Good luck homie.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
richardgil 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$761 | 2735231
what year/make/model?
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #11
Bman409 20 heat pts20 space
avatar space
ベルシIII
space
$17,439 | POWERFUL
markee said:
Dude...start with the basics before you spend loads of $$$ for something you didnt even need. I'd check your battery lines for any deposits/corrosion. If any, clean it off with a brass wire brush. Next, I'd check my battery if it's the kind that needs the water to be replenished. If it is, I'd check the level. Next thing after that, I'd replace the spark plugs, spark plug wires and/or distribution cap. If none of those is fixing your problem, then I'd move on to the starter. Good luck homie.
x Bman409

Quick questions:
  • Year/Make/Model?
  • Last time you did a tune-up?
  • How new is the battery?
  • What exactly does the noise sound like? Chug, chug, chug?

Last edited by Bman409; 10-07-2009 at 03:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #12
HYPHY_50  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$725 | 1436440
do you got a system in your car?
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #13
TrkyMfns  space
avatar space
Mmmm Mmmmm bi*ch!
space
$2,837 | 4200312
battery or battery terminals
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '09 - away - #14
Kyoji24  space
avatar space
Sharigan User
space
$1,071 | 2735309
youngvito18 said:
its a new battery though
I need a bit more details on your ride like the year it is, model, make of it cause it can be a number of things that could be wrong with it.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #15
youngvito18 8 heat pts space
avatar space
twitter.com/crownhimkang
space
$11,716 | POWERFUL
HYPHY_50 said:
do you got a system in your car?
use to, but i took the subs and amplifiers out..........the wiring is still their just incase i want to re-wire something on their....you think that got something to do with it
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #16
youngvito18 8 heat pts space
avatar space
twitter.com/crownhimkang
space
$11,716 | POWERFUL
Bman409 said:
x Bman409

Quick questions:
  • Year/Make/Model?
  • Last time you did a tune-up?
  • How new is the battery?
  • What exactly does the noise sound like? Chug, chug, chug?

2005 nissan sentra

what would you consider a tune-up

a few months old....its really new

i guess chug chug chug, its the noise EVERYBODYS car makes before it starts but instead of doing it for a semi-second before the car starts it feels like its doing it for 2 or 3 seconds.....like the battery is close to dying but the wires are clean, no corrosion, its clean


im thinking maybe the volt regualtor......
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '08 - away - #17
supervillain 205 heat pts205 space
avatar space
>>> Gij,j=0 <<<
space
$12,622 | POWERFUL
so did you get your alternator checked or not?
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #18
Bman409 20 heat pts20 space
avatar space
ベルシIII
space
$17,439 | POWERFUL
youngvito18 said:
use to, but i took the subs and amplifiers out..........the wiring is still their just incase i want to re-wire something on their....you think that got something to do with it
I doubt it.. cause the day you took it out the day you'd have the problem your havin' now. I dont think wirin' to a radio has anythin' to do with startin' the car either.

youngvito18 said:
2005 nissan sentra

what would you consider a tune-up

a few months old....its really new

i guess chug chug chug, its the noise EVERYBODYS car makes before it starts but instead of doing it for a semi-second before the car starts it feels like its doing it for 2 or 3 seconds.....like the battery is close to dying but the wires are clean, no corrosion, its clean


im thinking maybe the volt regualtor......
Tune-up as in:
  • Sparkplugs
  • Sparkplug Wires
  • Distributor
  • Oil
  • Transmission fluid
  • Battery
  • etc.

s**t like that..

It might be but your problem just sounds like a connection problem.
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #19
youngvito18 8 heat pts space
avatar space
twitter.com/crownhimkang
space
$11,716 | POWERFUL
Bman409 said:
I doubt it.. cause the day you took it out the day you'd have the problem your havin' now. I dont think wirin' to a radio has anythin' to do with startin' the car either.



Tune-up as in:
  • Sparkplugs
  • Sparkplug Wires
  • Distributor
  • Oil
  • Transmission fluid
  • Battery
  • etc.

s**t like that..

It might be but your problem just sounds like a connection problem.

it only does it after i been driving the car around all day, if it was a connection problem it would do it everytime i started the car but im gonna let my boy check the sparkplugs and the ignition wires, maybe something is wrong with the connection or maybe its the distributor cap


then again i might just take it in for a tuneup
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #20
Bman409 20 heat pts20 space
avatar space
ベルシIII
space
$17,439 | POWERFUL
youngvito18 said:
it only does it after i been driving the car around all day, if it was a connection problem it would do it everytime i started the car but im gonna let my boy check the sparkplugs and the ignition wires, maybe something is wrong with the connection or maybe its the distributor cap


then again i might just take it in for a tuneup
You could check the spark plugs yourself bruh, all you need is a rachet wrench and the correct size socket. Can't get the plug out? Just use the spark plug wire to pull them out.

Real talk.. If you have the time and money I'd invest in a "Haynes" manual from your local auto store, shouldn't cost no more than $40 but in the end that'll save you so much time and money bruh. You'll have a mechanic book with you with instructions from basic tune-ups to bodywork with pictures.

I got one for my Integra and I live in that book! Something that don't seem right with the whip I refer to my "Haynes" manual for troubleshooting. That book alone has saved me hundreds of dollars.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > Whipz 'n Stereos
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
41 viewing
Video inside Prophecy Warning 2015: UNDENIABLE EVIDENCE [RECENT EVENTS]
144 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside Would You Bone?
79 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Video inside So Rikki Martinez just gonna have a serious interview with Wale w/ her ..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Video inside Instagram needs to extend their video time to 3 1/2 minutes maybe even 4
70 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside Silverback Gorilla Attacks Family at Zoo (Full version)
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Apr 17 - Bad Ass Chica Executed By Simp Bf
172 comments
@news
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside Travis scott mad at xxl for showing meme of him bowing to future vandross
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside Young Thug's Barter 6 Party In Hollygrove NO A Success, Wanye A No Show..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Video inside Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Trailer
203 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time