This is BX @ Boxden.com


I Want A System...

 I Want A System...
topic by Mike06_10pm - 09-01-2005, 09:51 PM - Boxden > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)


ok.. i know this has been posted about a million times but since our search is horrible i need some info on buyin a system.

as many of you have seen, you know i got an '05 mustang. Due to some issues with the law, speeding and getting tickets cannot happen so putting money into performance is retarted. So i want to get a system, i need all the help i can get, i know absolutely nothing, and when i say nothing i barely even know the components i need.

Whats a reasonable price for a good hard hitting system.. im willin to spend about a G.

My boy has 12's and i know i dont need anything louder than that cause his really bumps. What brands are the best?

Also what about faceplates and amps, along with the wiring?

In the mustang the factory interior where you insert the cd's and radio and all that is a shaker 500 (for all of you's who drive a ford, its the same one). but for those of you who dont its all one big pannel with the stereo and A/C controlers all of that attached... so will i have to get it custom cut or what?. im gonna try to find a pic of it if you guys need it to help me out.

Is it going to sound good in the trunk, remember its a racin car so sh#ts tight, should i dynomat?

thanks for any help and responses will get propped

-mike


Latest Rides Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

34 comments for "I Want A System..."


 09-01-2005, 10:03 PMaway - #2
stay alert 

  d 
space
$1,711 | 2854248
if u want a good hard hitting system u gonna have 2 spend way more than a g unless u can find somebody 2 hook u up with good wholesale prices, and with ur car there is almost no kinda trunk space, so u gonna have 2 have somebody custom build a box for ur 12's inside the car they can't do it from outside of the car.
 09-01-2005, 10:05 PMaway - #3
desi 

  d 
space
$462 | 375090
#1 $1,000 is not enuf for EVERYTHING
this is wat u need

- some component speakers upfront (a 5.25" or 6.5" mid with a 1" or sumthing similar for the tweeter) ($300-1000)

- a single sub or 2, a box to house them ($300-800)

- amp for the speakers upfront, amp for the sub(s) (400-1000, total for both amps)

- power wire/speaker wire/remote wire/2 sets of rca's/ground wire/distro blocks/fuse holders (any basic amp kit will have all the stuff needed minus the speaker wire) (~60-80)

- dynamat, u could get some for jus the trunk, some for the doors, i dont know the prices

the prices listed are for mid to high end application, all depends on wat u want (and there jus an outline u could spend less, find some stuff on sale etc....)
 09-01-2005, 10:21 PMaway - #4
stay alert 

  d 
space
$1,711 | 2854248
Originally Posted by desi
#1 $1,000 is not enuf for EVERYTHING
this is wat u need

- some component speakers upfront (a 5.25" or 6.5" mid with a 1" or sumthing similar for the tweeter) ($300-1000)

- a single sub or 2, a box to house them ($300-800)

- amp for the speakers upfront, amp for the sub(s) (400-1000, total for both amps)

- power wire/speaker wire/remote wire/2 sets of rca's/ground wire/distro blocks/fuse holders (any basic amp kit will have all the stuff needed minus the speaker wire) (~60-80)

- dynamat, u could get some for jus the trunk, some for the doors, i dont know the prices

the prices listed are for mid to high end application, all depends on wat u want (and there jus an outline u could spend less, find some stuff on sale etc....)
hell yea dynamat alone is gonna be an arm and a leg

Last edited by stay alert; 09-01-2005 at 10:21 PM..
 09-01-2005, 10:27 PMaway - #5
Mike06_10pm 

  d 
space
$1,857 | 345344
i have good speakers up front but you really think i need to upgrade them?

i had a feeling i would have to get a box, alright well ill chill with the dynamat for now, its not a necessity but its nice.

so were really talkin like 2g's with some pretty good sh#t, ight gotta save some more i guess. your both propped....

oh anything with brands?
-mike
 09-01-2005, 10:29 PMaway - #6
stay alert 

  d 
space
$1,711 | 2854248
Originally Posted by Mike06_10pm
i have good speakers up front but you really think i need to upgrade them?

i had a feeling i would have to get a box, alright well ill chill with the dynamat for now, its not a necessity but its nice.

so were really talkin like 2g's with some pretty good sh#t, ight gotta save some more i guess. your both propped....

oh anything with brands?
-mike
yea thats getting there, just start off slow man, like just do the inside 1st upgrade ur cd player and the inside speakers, with an amp, then get in2 the subs
 09-01-2005, 10:43 PM - #7
SmokieMcPot 

  d 
space
$n/a |
would 2 g's be enough for everything?
 09-01-2005, 10:57 PMaway - #8
Drug Dylan 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,292 | 13848833
2 G's could get it done shopping in the right places.
 09-01-2005, 10:58 PMaway - #9
dat_boi_tj 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,927 | 7389012
i personally think that a G is plenty...
 09-01-2005, 11:17 PMaway - #10
NUmberonerapper 

  d 
space
$862 | 471247
i know about 15 ni##as that spent less than a g and they sh#t bump
 09-01-2005, 11:26 PMaway - #11
dat_boi_tj 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,927 | 7389012
go w/ some memphis prs..youll spend about 160 on a pair...sh#ts are slept on
 09-01-2005, 11:44 PMaway - #12
titebuoy 

  d 
space
$263 | 164923
sh#t u dont need a g to spend on a system, one twelve and a decent amp is most all people need. but if u want to go all out then ur gonna spend more than a g. like with the head unit, amps, subs, component speakers, wiring, installation, new battery and alternator and all that other sh#t.
 09-04-2005, 03:46 AM - #13
FaKe ReCorDs 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by dat_boi_tj
i personally think that a G is plenty...
yep yep go to the right place a g is perfect
 09-04-2005, 03:49 AM - #14
FaKe ReCorDs 

  d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by titebuoy
sh#t u dont need a g to spend on a system, one twelve and a decent amp is most all people need. but if u want to go all out then ur gonna spend more than a g. like with the head unit, amps, subs, component speakers, wiring, installation, new battery and alternator and all that other sh#t.

A single speaker will never sound right my boi had a jeep wit 1 sony explode 12 and 1000 explode dat wuz garbage do subs in pairs only fo best results :applause:

Last edited by FaKe ReCorDs; 09-04-2005 at 04:02 AM..
 09-04-2005, 12:32 PMaway - #15
eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44

  d 
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
go with JL audio i have a 10" w7 and it beats a lot of my friends who have 2 12"'s of various other brands...
 09-04-2005, 01:44 PMaway - #16
BAMA_SCREW_HEAD 

  d 
space
$217 | 0
Originally Posted by FaKe ReCorDs
A single speaker will never sound right my boi had a jeep wit 1 sony explode 12 and 1000 explode dat wuz garbage do subs in pairs only fo best results :applause:
lol thats an uneducated statement i kno plenty of people that have one speaker that would k!ll some people wit two.........man its all about setup and ur equipment and if u aint kno sony explode is sh#t............and a G sound good for a system he can get some nice equipment for bout a G maybe even a 1500 i think thats about how much i spent of everything......

200 for 2 sets of components
250 for a components amp
300+ for my sub amp
160 for my subs.......two memphis PR's
75 for the box.........thats a lil bit under a G........
 09-04-2005, 06:40 PMaway - #17
desi 

  d 
space
$462 | 375090
Originally Posted by BAMA_SCREW_HEAD
lol thats an uneducated statement i kno plenty of people that have one speaker that would k!ll some people wit two.........man its all about setup and ur equipment and if u aint kno sony explode is sh#t............and a G sound good for a system he can get some nice equipment for bout a G maybe even a 1500 i think thats about how much i spent of everything......

200 for 2 sets of components
250 for a components amp
300+ for my sub amp
160 for my subs.......two memphis PR's
75 for the box.........thats a lil bit under a G........

yeah gotta totally agree singe sub setups can sound better than dual sub setups, also u gotta add some $$$ for all the wires

gotta get the power cable nice n thick so u dont have 2 upgrade them later if needed, plus 16guage speaker wire to hook up the componets with so they can get nice signal from the amp, also the rcas u can get $20-$70 ones

id advise to go all out on the wiring 0/1 or 4guage for the power, then 2 nice sets of rcas or maybe even 3 if u want 2 add rearfill @ ~$50 range. if u ever upgrade its jus gonna b plug n play, instead of rippin the car apart n running newer wires
 09-04-2005, 07:23 PMaway - #18
slimyellow 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$12,113 | 19358230
Originally Posted by NUmberonerapper
i know about 15 ni##as that spent less than a g and they sh#t bump
yessir. so to spend a G on sound alone......pass
 09-04-2005, 09:56 PMaway - #19
dat_boi_tj 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,927 | 7389012
Originally Posted by BAMA_SCREW_HEAD
lol thats an uneducated statement i kno plenty of people that have one speaker that would k!ll some people wit two.........man its all about setup and ur equipment and if u aint kno sony explode is sh#t............and a G sound good for a system he can get some nice equipment for bout a G maybe even a 1500 i think thats about how much i spent of everything......

200 for 2 sets of components
250 for a components amp
300+ for my sub amp
160 for my subs.......two memphis PR's
75 for the box.........thats a lil bit under a G........
75 for the box?...i dont think so, not even prefab...but heres my suggestions
1. ($125)
2. ($50){refurb}
3. ($183 shipped)
4. ($160 at local dealer)
5. box, $150 shipped if you holla at me, otherwise itll prolly be around 300 for a dealer to build one(you dont wanna put your subs in a prefab box

all that sh#t is about $820 and will k!ll your average mans system...real talk
 09-05-2005, 04:45 AMonline - #20
bayryda 

  d 
space
$2,684 | 4175112
You can get a good quality system for around a G if you just check out ebay and know somebody that'll hook up the equipment for you. start with the Deck get an Alpine cda 9847 for $130. Then speakers a set of kicker rs series components ( cosist of a pair of mid range speakers tweeters and crossovers) for $100 or you can get seperates which are direct drop in speakers for about $50, a 12" kicker comp vr for about $80 but when you get your sub make sure you know what your amps lowest ohm st@blity is so you know if you need the dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm sub. for the front speakers you need a 2ch. amp and I seen that sounddomain.com (authorized site) has the kicker kx 250.2 on sale for 139 new or 134 factory renewed, then the sub amp kicker kx 400.1 for $162 on ebay. That brings your total to about $611 then add about another $100 for wiring and adapters, and another 65 for shipping then about 175-200 for a custom ported box (what i would get) that brings you up to $976 and you have yourself a quality budget system that'll sound real good!!

Last edited by bayryda; 09-05-2005 at 05:24 AM..
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 24 - JUST IN: Photos of Officer Darren Wilson's I..
74 comments
Image inside  Nov 25 - Startling Photos Of Ferguson The Morning After
53 comments
Video inside  Nov 25 - Michael Brown Step Dad To Protestors:Burn Thi..
127 comments
 Article inside Migos - Tha Truth (quavo Speaks On Robbery) (audio)
New reply 1 minute ago - 322 comments - by SlimDunkin
 NBA Kobe Speaks About Ferguson
New reply 16 minutes ago - 81 comments - by HeatMafia410
 NFL Michael Sam Wishes He Hadn't Come Out Publicly Before ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Bea5T
 Image(s) inside Well Damn Gy Azalea Mocks The Black Panther Party
New reply 29 minutes ago - 126 comments - by weeknd44
 Video inside Which Is Worse? A Woman Playing Peter Pan Or An Africa...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 62 comments - by theFREAK
  Nov 24 - Usa Today: No Indictment In Ferguson Case
New reply 31 minutes ago - 148 comments - by KFrizzle
  Nov 24 - Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Expected Today |...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 2154 comments - by TheGreatDane
 BOX Floyd Already Demanding Rematch Clause If He Fights Pa...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 90 comments - by republican01

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,863 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.