Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

How to hook up 2 amps up??

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
44 viewing
 Video inside Throwback: Jamie Foxx ends a comedian's life
49 comments
most viewed right now
40 viewing
Audio inside Drake - On A Wave x Go Out Tonight x Can I x Tryna F**k (4 New Tracks)
96 comments

top in section
15 viewing
 Image inside Thick Milk Chocolate Tippy London
top in eyecandy
top in section
30 viewing
 NBA Joe Budden Sums Up The Hawks In One Picture
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 How to hook up 2 amps up??
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
1707 pageviews
10 comments

hnic247  space
WELL RESPECTED
space
$321 | 20759515
ayo im not tryna pay to hook up another amp for my 6x9's...since i already have a amp hooked up to my subs what would i have to do to hook another 1 up?

10 comments for "How to hook up 2 amps up??"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 7 years agoclass of '07 - away - #2
biggdoggbbc 5 heat pts space
you guys wanna get high
space
$1,261 | 5126672
distribution block for your power wire and another set of rca's for the new amp. since you already have one set up it should be a pretty easy job.
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #3
GhosT  space
.:':.Audio King.:':.
space
$7,555 | 10712005
you will need to run rca's from the bak of the deck to the new amp, get a distroblock for the power and ground wires, and either a relay or just splice the remote wires together. splicing 2-3 remote wires will work, but any more than that you really need a relay. get a relay if can spare the extra few $ to do it the good way

one
GhosT
Unread 7 years agoclass of '08 - away - #4
TeamBrinkz  space
I Got Knocked Da Fu*k Out!
space
$388 | 0
so really he gonna have to be on some installation sh*t anyways cuz he gotta run them RCA joints
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
hnic247  space
WELL RESPECTED
space
$321 | 20759515
i have a directed audio 1200 amp would any distroblock work?...would this 1 work??.......do i need 2 one for the ground and one for the power?...and i could get any male to male rca wires right?

Last edited by hnic247; 05-15-2008 at 02:52 AM..
Unread 7 years agoclass of '07 - away - #6
biggdoggbbc 5 heat pts space
you guys wanna get high
space
$1,261 | 5126672
yeah that one would work but really all you need is 1 in 2 out. as far as the ground goes you don't have to use one but if you already have a solid ground then it would make things easier.
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
GhosT  space
space
$7,555 | 10712005
all you need is 1 in 2 out distro like was said before. if you don't get 2 you will need to run 2 grounds to the car. with the distro, jsut run both ground from the amp to the distro block and hook up the current ground to the car to the distro block. as far as rca's go yeah you can get any male to male rca's but try to avoid going real cheap. you buy cheap you get cheap

one
GhosT
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #8
rel1481  space
To_Da_X_Treme
space
$832 | 174861
mite as well grab u some speaker wire too, im not sure if u said u were going with a 4 ch or 2 ch for you 6x9's, but if your doing all 4 your probably gonna have to run your speaker wire from the amp to the back of your head unit to tie into your existing wires.. a.ssuming your not gonna run new wires and your car doesn't have a factory amp.. etc....
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
bibbyboi 19 heat pts19 space
Aka Kaimana
space
$8,866 | POWERFUL
rel1481 said:
mite as well grab u some speaker wire too, im not sure if u said u were going with a 4 ch or 2 ch for you 6x9's, but if your doing all 4 your probably gonna have to run your speaker wire from the amp to the back of your head unit to tie into your existing wires.. a.ssuming your not gonna run new wires and your car doesn't have a factory amp.. etc....
HUH? Why would you run wires from the amp back to the headunit? Just wire the speakers up directly from the amp....

When you get a distro block make sure it takes at least 4 awg in and 4 awg out....
Unread 7 years agoclass of '05 - away - #10
kodak314 2 heat pts space
space
$2,698 | POWERFUL
rel1481 said:
Unread 7 years agoclass of '04 - away - #11
GhosT  space
space
$7,555 | 10712005
rel1481 said:
thats retarted. all he needs to do is run the rca's from the deck to the amp and then run the speaker wires from the amp(already in the trunk) to the rear deck. running all that up front is a waste of wire, time and will not work nearly as well
one
GhosT

Home > all sections > Whipz 'n Stereos

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
56 viewing
Image inside Pron Star mia khalifa doesn't know who biggie is
140 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Rumor: Kanye & Rihanna Both Dropping Albums On May 24th , Kanye Got Issues Wit..
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Twerker/Possible Future Stripper Rissa Caleb
139 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA Sexy asian girl cries when she is kiss by Shaq
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Article inside Is your pen15 size 'normal'?
138 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside Did we ever get an explanation for this picture? lil Herb & Farrakhan
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Top 5 rappers who turned out to be a snitch
304 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Dont do dumb sh*t in your ride - Hipsters wreck while singing with a se..
56 comments
@rides
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside Gotham's Future Skin Pack now available /w pre-order (Batman Beyond & ..
20 comments
@games

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time