This is BX @ Boxden.com

Fan keeps goin in my car, after i take keys out...

Fan keeps goin in my car, after i take keys out...
topic by Foolish - 11-05-2010, 01:39 PM - Boxden > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

I have a 2007 Saturn Aura

I got it last year from my uncle. He didnt drive the car much, and I never really had problems til the air went out about 5 months ago.

Recently, i've notice it tends to heat up, whereas the dial in the car that reads hot and cold, it goes up to JUST under the red meter for over heating. It'll randomly do this, even without me mashing the gas

and now, when i turn my car off (TAKE THE KEYS OUT TOO). It sounds like its still on. I thot my ish was haunted or something

I just wanna see yalls opinions on whats goin on, and if anybody had somethin similiar and estimate on repairs. I don't want to be overcharged at some mechanic. Quite frankly, i dont know #### about cars

Latest Rides Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "Fan keeps goin in my car, after i take keys out..."

11-05-2010, 01:57 PMaway - #2
IceBergSlim 1 heat pts

d 
space
$948 | 2859722
have you checked the coolant level at all?

the car should not run that hot. it should ideally be in the middle and on summer days when idling in traffic it might get 3/4s the way to hot.
it is normal for the fan on the radiator to run for a bit after you shut the car off on the hot days after you have driven it a bit....but your car is running too hot all the time if your gauge is that close to H all the time, which is why the fan keeps running after shut off.
 11-05-2010, 05:32 PMaway - #3
Seymore Cake 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$16,093 | POWERFUL
I see your problem you have a Saturn.......

Case closed.

But have a shop look at your radiator and check your coolant

My mom had a crack in her radiator and her car would burn up after a few mins
 11-05-2010, 07:13 PMonline - #4
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,734 | POWERFUL
Have this check asap... it should be in the middle like following... u let ur car overheat too much... u will have a blown head gasket... might be coolant level, a/c or radiator fan, crack in the radiator... but if u ride on it too long u will be paying payments for a non working car...
 11-05-2010, 10:41 PMaway - #5
gilbydakid 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,764 | 4478195
does it hit the red but no smoke comes from under the hood?

if so its more than likely your thermostat. next time hit red turn your heat it should be blazin hot if its just warm than its the thermostat.

or it may be the temperature sending unit. but morn than likely your thermostat.

and if your fan stay on after you shut it off its a faulty relay switch. that you need fixed fast it burn ur fan out, no fan ur #### overheat for sure.
 11-15-2010, 11:58 AMaway - #6
jkrhomies8 

d 
space
$726 | 1775930
you can go to advande auto parts and get one of these then pressure test it to see if you have a crack in the radiator and if you dont have a crack or leak in the system check the radiator cap too make sure that its not damaged.
 11-15-2010, 01:33 PMaway - #7
jkrhomies8 

d 
space
$726 | 1775930
does white smoke come out the tailpipe when the car is running and is the oil milky? if not the head gasket is alright for now unless you keep running it while its hot.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
69 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
78 comments
  What's The Most Polarizing Film You've Watched?
New reply 20 seconds ago - 69 comments - by Agentzer0oo0
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 12 minutes ago - 138 comments - by foshomoney
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Haile Selassie Ft. Nikki Jean (prod. By ...
New reply 22 seconds ago - 104 comments - by 10th Wonder
 audio inside T.i. - About The Money (remix) (ft. Lil Wayne, Young T...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 55 comments - by malc
 Video inside Iggy Azalea -- I Would Never Make A Song With Snoop Dogg
New reply 54 seconds ago - 51 comments - by Carlton Black
 NBA Breaking News: Steve Nash Out For Season
New reply 22 minutes ago - 134 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave's Goon Id'd As Ilovemakonnen's Attacker On Tw...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 197 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Image(s) inside 21 Best One-liner Jokes
New reply 36 minutes ago - 60 comments - by slipnslide85

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,798 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.