b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Dealership charging gas for test drives

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Dealership charging gas for test drives
topic by JayR04 - 02-21-2013, 05:40 PM

I'll be damned if a dealer want me to front some gas on a test drive > Dealership charging gas for test drives - Photo posted in Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems) | Sign in and leave a comment below!

A California car dealership has stopped offering free test drives because of high gas prices.

Managers at the Sacramento Auto Sales Center in West Sacramento say they have a customer come in almost every day wanting to test drive one of them, which gets expensive.

"We have to pay for all the gas and when you have 70, 80 different cars it gets real expensive," said the manager.

At $45 per fill up, costs add up to at least $3,100.
http://www.turnto23.com/news/state/d...rices-too-high

14 comments for "Dealership charging gas for test drives"

02-21-2013, 05:48 PMaway - #2
hockeythug 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$17,730 | POWERFUL
other surrounding dealerships must be like from thinking of all the new business they will get.
 02-22-2013, 12:00 AMaway - #3
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,145 | 5728204
Obviously they suck. Maybe they can get away with something like this... probably not tho. Must be ruff on the salesperson. I sell hondas and you cant just ask someone to test drive let alone pay for it. 15% of people wanna drive everything and then beat the #### out of me at negotiations, usually saying something like "ive bought over 12 cars in my life and u dont scare me"... and the other 85% are timid as hell. Usually ill give them a walkaround, tell them to have a seat in the passenger seat, give them alil tour and then pull off onto a test drive before they know it... now imagine if i pulled up to a gas station and say "ok, now pay for this gas and then drive us back to the dealership" lol never. Not to mention Honda Corporation pays a percentage of the gas bills so idk where these guys are coming from...

Last edited by Leezee; 02-22-2013 at 12:03 AM..
 02-22-2013, 12:35 AMaway - #4
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,804 | 7497628
mother ####er please... They NEED your business, I be damn if I'm coming out a pocket for gas to test drive a car that you need to sell me, the consumer.
 02-22-2013, 01:34 AMaway - #5
Optimus Crime 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,303 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Leezee
Obviously they suck. Maybe they can get away with something like this... probably not tho. Must be ruff on the salesperson. I sell hondas and you cant just ask someone to test drive let alone pay for it. 15% of people wanna drive everything and then beat the #### out of me at negotiations, usually saying something like "ive bought over 12 cars in my life and u dont scare me"... and the other 85% are timid as hell. Usually ill give them a walkaround, tell them to have a seat in the passenger seat, give them alil tour and then pull off onto a test drive before they know it... now imagine if i pulled up to a gas station and say "ok, now pay for this gas and then drive us back to the dealership" lol never. Not to mention Honda Corporation pays a percentage of the gas bills so idk where these guys are coming from...
lmao the good ol' have a seat and i'll kidnap you right quick test drive

Then you stop off about a block away get out and say... I drive these all the time... Go ahead give it a try
 02-22-2013, 09:43 AMaway - #6
LYTE 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$10,774 | POWERFUL
I will test drive that ####, take it to gas station & get in my car or someone's else car who will be at the gas station.

*drive off screaming out the window like Pac*

PAY FOR YOUR OWN GAS ####!!! I wish I had the Pac gif *im sad now*
 02-22-2013, 11:47 AMaway - #7
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,145 | 5728204
Originally Posted by Optimus Crime
lmao the good ol' have a seat and i'll kidnap you right quick test drive

Then you stop off about a block away get out and say... I drive these all the time... Go ahead give it a try
Precisely my friend, precisely...
 02-22-2013, 11:48 AMaway - #8
JayR04 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$6,506 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LYTE
I will test drive that ####, take it to gas station & get in my car or someone's else car who will be at the gas station.

*drive off screaming out the window like Pac*

PAY FOR YOUR OWN GAS ####!!! I wish I had the Pac gif *im sad now*
lol
 02-22-2013, 01:31 PMonline - #9
castro13 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,179 | 13839484
ill pay for the gas. let me test drive it by my damn self...
 02-22-2013, 02:12 PMaway - #10
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,145 | 5728204
Originally Posted by castro13
ill pay for the gas. let me test drive it by my damn self...
Cant do that, ppl find anything wrong with the car when theyre by themselves... a salesperson who wants to make a deal knows that they must be in there to shed a positve light on the car. Despite what ppl may think it is very much an emotional decision and u gotta keep their emotion going until the signing...
 02-22-2013, 04:33 PMonline - #11
castro13 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,179 | 13839484
I feel you, but if im test driving the car, i don't want you all in my ear "yea how you like it, you see this, you see that"... by the time i'm ready to test drive i know more about the car then the damn salesperson..

just let me drive this #### in peace man. so i can make MY DECISION.
 02-22-2013, 05:16 PMaway - #12
JayR04 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$6,506 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by castro13
I feel you, but if im test driving the car, i don't want you all in my ear "yea how you like it, you see this, you see that"... by the time i'm ready to test drive i know more about the car then the damn salesperson..

just let me drive this #### in peace man. so i can make MY DECISION.
Agreed.
 02-22-2013, 05:22 PMaway - #13
Leezee 

d 
space
$1,145 | 5728204
I also agree, you know what the best thing to do while test driving with a customer,,, shut the #### up. Its just your presence that will help. Explain alil while i drive off, then switch and STFU, let the customer feel it themselves... i aint lyin
 02-23-2013, 10:44 AMaway - #14
LYTE 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$10,774 | POWERFUL

PAY FOR YOUR OWN GAS ####!!!

Image inside  Dec 19 - Monster Three-foot “Rat” found in New York C..
102 comments
Dec 19 - STUDY: Men choose Internet pron over marriage for sex
82 comments
NBA Rondo era is over in Boston. RT @SportsCenter Celtics ag..
255 comments
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Charged With 21 Counts Of Havi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 297 comments - by sdot216
 Video inside Ll Cool J And Canibus Performing 4,3,2,1 At Barclays
New reply 5 minutes ago - 77 comments - by RoyceDa59
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 180 comments - by KingMahaat
 Article inside Full 63 Page Bobby Shmurda/gs9 Indictment
New reply 6 minutes ago - 269 comments - by Nickel
 Image(s) inside Dec 18 - Tsarnaev Appears In Court For 1st Time Since ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 113 comments - by phantomnation
  Halo 5 Beta Starts Dec 19 - 21 For Preview Members Only
New reply 8 minutes ago - 143 comments - by LaRy BLanco
  Nintendo Is Knocking It Out Of The Park With Amiibo.
New reply 3 minutes ago - 56 comments - by K1
  Bieber Had 3.5m Fake Followers On Instagram
New reply 8 minutes ago - 65 comments - by sammy1990

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,901 fans of BX | none new today 4,845 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.