Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Can you put 22 x 9.5 rims on a 04 impala?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
76 viewing
Image inside charlamagne tha god exposed on twitter? (or shoppe..
82 comments
most viewed right now
70 viewing
Image inside Martin Lawrence Questions Our Smiley We Have Of Him!
154 comments

top in section
44 viewing
 Video inside The producer behind Power/Rangers is gonna fu-k your c..
top in movies
top in section
32 viewing
Image inside Galaxy S6 And S6 edge Hands-On: This Is The Nicest An..
top in tech

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Can you put 22 x 9.5 rims on a 04 impala?
topic by CHI TOWN - 04-21-2008, 01:06 PM


I Have seen posters on here mention 22x 8.5 rims for impalas. i have been looking @ sum lexanis but they are 9.5 will they still fit?



26 comments for "Can you put 22 x 9.5 rims on a 04 impala?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 04-21-2008, 01:20 PMaway - #2
JayR04 87 heat pts87 space
avatar
space
$6,715 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CHI TOWN
I Have seen posters on here mention 22x 8.5 rims for impalas. i have been looking @ sum lexanis but they are 9.5 will they still fit?
highly doubt it.
 04-21-2008, 01:45 PMaway - #3
CHI TOWN  space
avatar
space
$9 | 0
The 9.5 is da width of da rim right? if so what would prevent the rim from fitting? i dont know much about these things.
 04-21-2008, 02:19 PMaway - #4
JoeDoe22 46 heat pts46 space
avatar
space
$3,895 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CHI TOWN
The 9.5 is da width of da rim right? if so what would prevent the rim from fitting? i dont know much about these things.
Turning would be the problem but Im not sure if they would work or not.
 04-21-2008, 02:50 PMaway - #5
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts space
avatar
space
$4,042 | 13361737
I dont think they will but it might all depend on the offset of the rims and sh*t too. On my 04 Impala, I have 20 x 8.5's with a +10mm offset that came with a set of 255/35/20's. The rear was fine but the shoulder of the 2 front tires were getting cut so I had to go down a size. Now I have 245/35/20 in the front and 255/35/20 in the rear with no problems. Ultimately 9.5 might be pushin' it...
 04-21-2008, 04:25 PMaway - #6
CHI TOWN  space
avatar
space
$9 | 0
Well the tires they come mounted on are 245 30 22. does this help?
 04-21-2008, 04:29 PMaway - #7
hjholston  space
avatar
space
$60 | 235422
i wouldn't put them on there, unless u want your car to fail.
 04-21-2008, 06:38 PMaway - #8
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts space
avatar
space
$4,042 | 13361737
Originally Posted by CHI TOWN
Well the tires they come mounted on are 245 30 22. does this help?
It helps because thats one of the smallest if not the smallest set of tires made for 22's.
 04-21-2008, 06:38 PMaway - #9
Rydinwicked16  space
avatar
space
$900 | 471515
no they will not fit. You will have to do some cutting if you want to turn. My buddy just put 22x8.5 on his impala with a 245/30/22 tire and he still had to bang up the strut cup in the rear cuz it was rubbing. If you go with a 235/30/22 tire you wont have to bang up the strut cup.
 04-21-2008, 07:42 PMaway - #10
LikeToStuntAlot  space
avatar
space
$195 | 270368
If it was a 22x9 wheel I would say yeah if they were the correct offset.

The width of the wheel doesn't really determine if a wheels will fit its more of the offset of the wheel.

a 22x7.5 wouldn't fit if it was the wrong offset.

You need a high offset wheel to fit 22's on an Impala.

When I had 22's I went with a 22x8.5 wheel and 245/30/22 tires.
 04-21-2008, 07:56 PMaway - #11
williamford3  space
avatar
space
$802 | 1058047
I am from FLA u can put 22's on anything.
 04-21-2008, 07:58 PMaway - #12
th4lb 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,888 | 4363219
u might have to cut some more room out in the wheel well
 04-21-2008, 08:46 PMaway - #13
young carl  space
avatar
space
$408 | 343352
Look homie get 22X 8.5 in the front and 22X9.5 in the back have them sh*ts pokin wide homie. And get a 245/30/22 tire and you good trust me i know a dude who got the same sh*t a cranberry joint wit 5% tent.



Dat thang look hard too when you behind that bi*ch and it turn the corner that sh*t look like he ridin on the trays that hold pizza's in the pizza shop. And of course you gotta get plates too!!

Last edited by young carl; 04-21-2008 at 08:48 PM..
 04-21-2008, 09:03 PMaway - #14
Cartel  space
avatar
space
$1,990 | 901650
no they will not fit unless you cut and lift , best go with high offset 22 x 7.5 or 8 no cut no rub .... you can also get 24 x 7 and it will work .... cant go no wider because it will hit the struts unless you lift it up i got 22 x 8 or 8.5 on my impala had to use a 1/4 inch spacer in the rear to prevent it from rubbing the struts
 04-21-2008, 10:08 PMaway - #15
CHI TOWN  space
avatar
space
$9 | 0
So u telling me, i can put on 24s x 7 without doing any lifting or cutting?
 04-22-2008, 03:05 PMaway - #16
CHI TOWN  space
avatar
space
$9 | 0
ok im looking at some choppers now, so tell mw will 22 x 8.5 on 235/30/22 be suitable? i need to know soon.
also when you refer to a high offset, what would be the preferable number?

Last edited by CHI TOWN; 04-22-2008 at 03:06 PM..
 04-22-2008, 07:12 PMaway - #17
LikeToStuntAlot  space
avatar
space
$195 | 270368
Originally Posted by CHI TOWN
ok im looking at some choppers now, so tell mw will 22 x 8.5 on 235/30/22 be suitable? i need to know soon.
also when you refer to a high offset, what would be the preferable number?
go with the 245/30/22..a little bigger, but you wont have to do any mods except maybe hit the strut cup up in the back....only a 5 minute job...but yeah a 22x8.5 wheel will fit with a high offset

Anything +35 or higher is considered a high offset wheel.

Last edited by LikeToStuntAlot; 04-22-2008 at 07:13 PM..
 04-22-2008, 07:15 PMaway - #18
LikeToStuntAlot  space
avatar
space
$195 | 270368
Originally Posted by CHI TOWN
So u telling me, i can put on 24s x 7 without doing any lifting or cutting?
No Companies make a 24x7

But if they did you would still have to lift and cut.
 04-23-2008, 12:27 AMaway - #19
miamihustla19  space
avatar
space
$141 | 29759
Originally Posted by williamford3
I am from FLA u can put 22's on anything.
..there go somebody that know his sh*t u see what we do in miami.......well most people dont really know what they .talking about..so you trying to tell me all these foreign cars dat be having 22 on them with big a.ss lip be needing cuttin in the bumper..hell no...its all about the brand of the tires and the series..i have a g35 coupe with 22 x 9 in the front 22 x 10 in the back and i didnt even lift the car..and i can turn my steering wheel all the way without rubbing....get 245 30 22 but a good brand name tires like pirelli,,khumho or lexani .and u will see the the tire is way more thinner than the cheap brand name..... what kind of lexani it is because it could be 3 piece or 2 piece...me i have 3 piece asanti

Last edited by miamihustla19; 04-23-2008 at 12:42 AM..
 04-23-2008, 10:46 AMaway - #20
CHI TOWN  space
avatar
space
$9 | 0
Originally Posted by miamihustla19
..there go somebody that know his sh*t u see what we do in miami.......well most people dont really know what they .talking about..so you trying to tell me all these foreign cars dat be having 22 on them with big a.ss lip be needing cuttin in the bumper..hell no...its all about the brand of the tires and the series..i have a g35 coupe with 22 x 9 in the front 22 x 10 in the back and i didnt even lift the car..and i can turn my steering wheel all the way without rubbing....get 245 30 22 but a good brand name tires like pirelli,,khumho or lexani .and u will see the the tire is way more thinner than the cheap brand name..... what kind of lexani it is because it could be 3 piece or 2 piece...me i have 3 piece asanti
its the lexani fire star. but fu*k it, im gonna go with the 22 x 8.5 choppers, ill get the pirellis, or the kumhos.
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
42 viewing
MMA You gonna learn today - Ronda Rousey Breaks Manís Ribs..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
33 viewing
Image inside Well damn Drake new girl  
108 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
28 viewing
NFL Adrian Peterson Lists His Top 5 Preferred Destinations
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Video inside Cardi B   
93 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Tommy Sotomayor Threatens To Kill Cory Holcomb And Crew If..
114 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Video inside Got Her Ass  
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Video inside G-Unit at The Breakfast Club: Beast is G-Unit, New ..
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside Noisey Atlanta - Rich Gang: Sometimes You Win, Some..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
NFL EDP nearly commits that over Shady Mccoy Trade.
38 comments
@sports


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.