This is BX @ Boxden.com

Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s

Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s
topic by thugbri - 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM - Boxden > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

So I'm putting a system together for my Charger and I plan on getting 2 Kicker factory enclosed 12" L7s, its 2 in one box. Together they are at 1500 watts RMS. Before I buy them I want to know what amp I should get for the best sound. Right now my head unit is the stock Mopar 6 disc changer w/ the Nav. I have no idea what amps are but I know my car came w/ the Boston Acoustic system for what its worth. I plan on upgrading it eventually for the Kenwood Excelon DNX9140. So anyway, for that system what would you guys say the best amp would be for the best sound?

Latest Rides Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s"

05-24-2010, 07:45 PMaway - #2
feardafoot 

d 
space
$3,198 | 4775196
I would go rite here. This amp will handle them well and hold its own. JL makes great amps and subs by the way.

05-24-2010, 08:10 PMaway - #3
kodak314 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thugbri
So I'm putting a system together for my Charger and I plan on getting 2 Kicker factory enclosed 12" L7s, its 2 in one box. Together they are at 1500 watts RMS. Before I buy them I want to know what amp I should get for the best sound. Right now my head unit is the stock Mopar 6 disc changer w/ the Nav. I have no idea what amps are but I know my car came w/ the Boston Acoustic system for what its worth. I plan on upgrading it eventually for the Kenwood Excelon DNX9140. So anyway, for that system what would you guys say the best amp would be for the best sound?
how much are you trying to spend?
what is your electrical like in your car?

1. L7s and best sound, shouldnt be used together
2. i definitely wouldnt get that box!!
3. the box is the biggest factor
4. if your looking for sound quality u need to upgrade your front stage.
5. theres no such thing as best
 05-24-2010, 08:12 PMaway - #4
kodak314 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by feardafoot
I would go rite here. This amp will handle them well and hold its own. JL makes great amps and subs by the way.

05-25-2010, 05:11 AMaway - #5
biggdoggbbc 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,261 | 5126672
JL makes great amps and subs by the way.

this is true but they also cost 3x as much

Last edited by biggdoggbbc; 05-25-2010 at 05:13 AM..
 05-25-2010, 05:20 AMaway - #6
thugbri 

d 
space
$109 | 10138574
Originally Posted by kodak314
how much are you trying to spend?
what is your electrical like in your car?

1. L7s and best sound, shouldnt be used together
2. i definitely wouldnt get that box!!
3. the box is the biggest factor
4. if your looking for sound quality u need to upgrade your front stage.
5. theres no such thing as best

Well I found the subs for about $500 so for the amp I'm willing to spend another $500.

1. Best sound meaning with those subs what amp would give me the best SQ I can get using those L7s.

2. Why wouldn't you get that box? It's 2 Enclosed subs that already come together manufactured by Kicker so the box is already built the way it should be for those subs.

3. See above

4. What do you suggest?

5. Some will sound better than others which is why I made the post.
 05-25-2010, 11:53 AMaway - #7
kodak314 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,683 | POWERFUL
Well I found the subs for about $500 so for the amp I'm willing to spend another $500.

1. Best sound meaning with those subs what amp would give me the best SQ I can get using those L7s.

2. Why wouldn't you get that box? It's 2 Enclosed subs that already come together manufactured by Kicker so the box is already built the way it should be for those subs.

3. See above

4. What do you suggest?

5. Some will sound better than others which is why I made the post.
1. thats what i mean, l7s dont sound good. u have to remember that the box is the biggest factor.
2. by enclosed u mean sealed? whhats the specs of the box?
3.see above
4. depends on how much u trying to spend. are you going to deaden the doors? going to amp them?
5. sq is subjective, so what sounds good to you, wont sound good to me. u can have one of the best amps audison/ zed/ or zapco wit a ####ty sub and box and it will sound like crap. vice versa

all im sayin is u say u want sq, but u have the wrong sub. now u can use it and it might even sound good to u. and thats the goal to sound good to u. its your money not mine
 05-25-2010, 11:54 AMaway - #8
biggdoggbbc 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,261 | 5126672
kicker subs are more for spl, especially the L7. if you're wanting sq then you need to look at some different subs.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Sep 18 - Magic Johnson Donates Blood to Leukemia and ..
112 comments
NFL Falcons Vs Bucs week 3
765 comments
Name a comic book character you'd wanna see a movie made out of?
67 comments
 Image(s) inside Stunning New Screenshots Of Halo: The Master Chief Col...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Cool Story
 NFL Adrian Peterson Is Most Likely Done In Minnesota
New reply 14 minutes ago - 137 comments - by Steve
  Forza Horizon 2 May Be The Best Racer Of 2014
New reply 8 minutes ago - 61 comments - by nanci627
 NBA First Look: Washed Up Paul Pierce In A Wiz Uniform (pic)
New reply 16 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Bkjj11
 Article inside 2014 Bet Hip-hop Awards Cypher Lineup Announced
New reply 9 minutes ago - 148 comments - by Steve
 Image(s) inside Who The Hell Is Holding The Umbrella?
New reply 27 minutes ago - 71 comments - by Mr Harrow
  Ios 8 Now Available
New reply 10 minutes ago - 134 comments - by RocawearMan
  Official "nba 2k15" Topic
New reply 30 minutes ago - 87 comments - by lilbeast

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.