This is BX @ Boxden.com


Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s


 Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s
topic by thugbri - 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM - Boxden > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)


So I'm putting a system together for my Charger and I plan on getting 2 Kicker factory enclosed 12" L7s, its 2 in one box. Together they are at 1500 watts RMS. Before I buy them I want to know what amp I should get for the best sound. Right now my head unit is the stock Mopar 6 disc changer w/ the Nav. I have no idea what amps are but I know my car came w/ the Boston Acoustic system for what its worth. I plan on upgrading it eventually for the Kenwood Excelon DNX9140. So anyway, for that system what would you guys say the best amp would be for the best sound?


Latest Rides Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s"


 05-24-2010, 07:45 PMaway - #2
feardafoot 

  d 
space
$3,198 | 4775196
I would go rite here. This amp will handle them well and hold its own. JL makes great amps and subs by the way.

 05-24-2010, 08:10 PMonline - #3
kodak314 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thugbri
So I'm putting a system together for my Charger and I plan on getting 2 Kicker factory enclosed 12" L7s, its 2 in one box. Together they are at 1500 watts RMS. Before I buy them I want to know what amp I should get for the best sound. Right now my head unit is the stock Mopar 6 disc changer w/ the Nav. I have no idea what amps are but I know my car came w/ the Boston Acoustic system for what its worth. I plan on upgrading it eventually for the Kenwood Excelon DNX9140. So anyway, for that system what would you guys say the best amp would be for the best sound?
how much are you trying to spend?
what is your electrical like in your car?

1. L7s and best sound, shouldnt be used together
2. i definitely wouldnt get that box!!
3. the box is the biggest factor
4. if your looking for sound quality u need to upgrade your front stage.
5. theres no such thing as best
 05-24-2010, 08:12 PMonline - #4
kodak314 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by feardafoot
I would go rite here. This amp will handle them well and hold its own. JL makes great amps and subs by the way.

 05-25-2010, 05:11 AMaway - #5
biggdoggbbc 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,261 | 5126672
JL makes great amps and subs by the way.

this is true but they also cost 3x as much

Last edited by biggdoggbbc; 05-25-2010 at 05:13 AM..
 05-25-2010, 05:20 AMaway - #6
thugbri 

  d 
space
$109 | 10138574
Originally Posted by kodak314
how much are you trying to spend?
what is your electrical like in your car?

1. L7s and best sound, shouldnt be used together
2. i definitely wouldnt get that box!!
3. the box is the biggest factor
4. if your looking for sound quality u need to upgrade your front stage.
5. theres no such thing as best

Well I found the subs for about $500 so for the amp I'm willing to spend another $500.

1. Best sound meaning with those subs what amp would give me the best SQ I can get using those L7s.

2. Why wouldn't you get that box? It's 2 Enclosed subs that already come together manufactured by Kicker so the box is already built the way it should be for those subs.

3. See above

4. What do you suggest?

5. Some will sound better than others which is why I made the post.
 05-25-2010, 11:53 AMonline - #7
kodak314 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thugbri
Well I found the subs for about $500 so for the amp I'm willing to spend another $500.

1. Best sound meaning with those subs what amp would give me the best SQ I can get using those L7s.

2. Why wouldn't you get that box? It's 2 Enclosed subs that already come together manufactured by Kicker so the box is already built the way it should be for those subs.

3. See above

4. What do you suggest?

5. Some will sound better than others which is why I made the post.
1. thats what i mean, l7s dont sound good. u have to remember that the box is the biggest factor.
2. by enclosed u mean sealed? whhats the specs of the box?
3.see above
4. depends on how much u trying to spend. are you going to deaden the doors? going to amp them?
5. sq is subjective, so what sounds good to you, wont sound good to me. u can have one of the best amps audison/ zed/ or zapco wit a ####ty sub and box and it will sound like crap. vice versa

all im sayin is u say u want sq, but u have the wrong sub. now u can use it and it might even sound good to u. and thats the goal to sound good to u. its your money not mine
 05-25-2010, 11:54 AMaway - #8
biggdoggbbc 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,261 | 5126672
Originally Posted by thugbri
1. Best sound meaning with those subs what amp would give me the best SQ I can get using those L7s.
kicker subs are more for spl, especially the L7. if you're wanting sq then you need to look at some different subs.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Images of Ben Afleck's Costume In Full Color from Bat..
64 comments
Image inside  Which games are gonna flop in October n November? Too..
62 comments
Video inside  "NBA Street Vol. 2" Repped for the Old School.
72 comments
 Image(s) inside Bx You Smashing Or Not???
New reply 39 seconds ago - 187 comments - by tokinjohn
 NFL Robert Griffin Iii Gives Himself New Nickname
New reply 17 minutes ago - 184 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods And Kings, Has The Most Bl...
New reply 1 minute ago - 224 comments - by Marccoogs19
 Video inside Yg Bicken Back Bein Bool Video
New reply 22 minutes ago - 94 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Dj Mustard - 10 Summers (album Tracklist)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 92 comments - by Fresh Whyte
 F/L My Journey....so Far
New reply 26 minutes ago - 179 comments - by King Jackson
 Image(s) inside Minister Louis Farrakhan Unveils Essay Praising Jay El...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 63 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Damn Medium Sean That Bi-ch Broke Up With You 3 Months...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 108 comments - by CrunchTime CDN

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.