Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s
|Best amp to power 2 enclosed 12" Kicker L7s|
So I'm putting a system together for my Charger and I plan on getting 2 Kicker factory enclosed 12" L7s, its 2 in one box. Together they are at 1500 watts RMS. Before I buy them I want to know what amp I should get for the best sound. Right now my head unit is the stock Mopar 6 disc changer w/ the Nav. I have no idea what amps are but I know my car came w/ the Boston Acoustic system for what its worth. I plan on upgrading it eventually for the Kenwood Excelon DNX9140. So anyway, for that system what would you guys say the best amp would be for the best sound?
|Latest Rides Hot Topics »||share this topic »|| |
|05-24-2010, 08:45 PM||away - #2|
I would go rite here. This amp will handle them well and hold its own. JL makes great amps and subs by the way.
|05-24-2010, 09:10 PM||away - #3|
what is your electrical like in your car?
1. L7s and best sound, shouldnt be used together
2. i definitely wouldnt get that box!!
3. the box is the biggest factor
4. if your looking for sound quality u need to upgrade your front stage.
5. theres no such thing as best
|05-24-2010, 09:12 PM||away - #4|
|05-25-2010, 06:11 AM||away - #5|
JL makes great amps and subs by the way.
this is true but they also cost 3x as much
Last edited by biggdoggbbc; 05-25-2010 at 06:13 AM..
|05-25-2010, 06:20 AM||away - #6|
Well I found the subs for about $500 so for the amp I'm willing to spend another $500.
1. Best sound meaning with those subs what amp would give me the best SQ I can get using those L7s.
2. Why wouldn't you get that box? It's 2 Enclosed subs that already come together manufactured by Kicker so the box is already built the way it should be for those subs.
3. See above
4. What do you suggest?
5. Some will sound better than others which is why I made the post.
|05-25-2010, 12:53 PM||away - #7|
2. by enclosed u mean sealed? whhats the specs of the box?
4. depends on how much u trying to spend. are you going to deaden the doors? going to amp them?
5. sq is subjective, so what sounds good to you, wont sound good to me. u can have one of the best amps audison/ zed/ or zapco wit a !!ty sub and box and it will sound like crap. vice versa
all im sayin is u say u want sq, but u have the wrong sub. now u can use it and it might even sound good to u. and thats the goal to sound good to u. its your money not mine
|05-25-2010, 12:54 PM||away - #8|
| Ps4 Week 2 Japan Sales Worst In Recent History For New... |
New reply 16 minutes ago - 92 comments - by Tiko377
| NBA Lebron Blamed The Jersey For His Off Shooting Night Vs... |
New reply 1 hour ago - 78 comments - by Funeral Barb
| By The Time You See It, You'd Probably Be Dead |
New reply 20 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Ham Rove
| Mar 6 - A Letter From Ray Jasper, Who Is To Be Execute... |
New reply 2 hours ago - 154 comments - by Kwestluv91
| Lloyd Banks Retiring? |
New reply 37 minutes ago - 69 comments - by A.Dot789
| Lil Wayne - Moment |
New reply 3 hours ago - 67 comments - by SM
| Actor Jason Weaver Blasts ‘coon’ Celebrations Of Lil B... |
New reply 47 minutes ago - 251 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
| Blood Money: Would You Press The Button? |
New reply 4 hours ago - 215 comments - by Aleandroid
|Like BX on Facebook||Follow BX on Twitter|
|5,679 fans of BX | none new today||4,570 following and 1 new today|