This is BX @ Boxden.com


4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm


 4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm
Question topic by killnarmy - 06-15-2009, 02:58 AM - Boxden > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)


Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.


Latest Rides Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm"


 06-15-2009, 06:42 AMaway - #2
Drug Dylan 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,205 | 12926859
Originally Posted by killnarmy
Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.

Its not a "best" situation when it comes to wiring set ups. The ohm load of the amp is based on the subs they are powering. So whatever subs you end up with will determine what wiring set up you use. The sub that you are getting will only allow you to run it at "4-ohms" (that is if it is a single 4 ohm sub). If you got another one, you can run the amp at 2 ohms.
 06-15-2009, 08:10 PMaway - #3
kodak314 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,683 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by killnarmy
Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.
yea the higher the cleaner the signal, but dont think youre goin 4 sq so it really doesnt matter.

with that setup ill recommend running it at 2 ohms.
 06-15-2009, 08:22 PMaway - #4
killnarmy 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$958 | 5359771
Originally Posted by Drug Dylan
Its not a "best" situation when it comes to wiring set ups. The ohm load of the amp is based on the subs they are powering. So whatever subs you end up with will determine what wiring set up you use. The sub that you are getting will only allow you to run it at "4-ohms" (that is if it is a single 4 ohm sub). If you got another one, you can run the amp at 2 ohms.
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
 06-15-2009, 09:04 PMonline - #5
JayR04 57 heat pts57

  d 
space
$6,082 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by killnarmy
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
 06-15-2009, 10:16 PMaway - #6
killnarmy 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$958 | 5359771
^Thanks man, I guess I got confused with my other sub. Maybe I shoulda got the 2-ohm DVC sub. So if my sub is 4 ohm dvc 600rms how much is it gonna push if wired to 2 ohms?

Last edited by killnarmy; 06-15-2009 at 10:21 PM..
 06-16-2009, 07:30 AMaway - #7
Drug Dylan 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,205 | 12926859
Originally Posted by killnarmy
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
With 1 4 ohm DVC sub, you will be able to run it at 2 ohms or 8 ohms. 1 2 ohm DVC sub, you will be able to run it at 1 ohm or 4. You will get roughly 750/800 watts at 2 ohms.

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 06-16-2009 at 07:31 AM..
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > Whipz 'n Stereos (vehicles, sound systems)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 24 - The Top 10 most happy and un-happy cities in America
82 comments
Image inside  Michael Crabtree's New Jump-Off
65 comments
Image inside  To Smang or Not to Smang :Courtnae...Tall glass of Ch..
62 comments
 NFL Russell Wilson And Tom Brady Has The Same Rating On Ma...
New reply 6 seconds ago - 112 comments - by Kingpin 313
 NBA James Harden: “dwight And I Are The Cornerstones Of Th...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 74 comments - by timdog
 Image(s) inside She Goes By Thick Yellowbone
New reply 38 seconds ago - 183 comments - by daddy31+2
 Image(s) inside My Moms Sent Me This Text, Yall Folks Do This Sh-t?
New reply 13 minutes ago - 121 comments - by Affliction
 NBA Do You Still See D.rose Being Productive Next Year?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 108 comments - by Blessed
 NBA Okc Convincing 1st Rd Pick To Forego 750k Rookie Salar...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 88 comments - by X_WunderKind_X
 Image(s) inside Dr Dre Yacht Life With Xzibit
New reply 4 minutes ago - 104 comments - by WizDoM
 Article inside Drake Calls Himself & J. Cole The "only Two K...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 193 comments - by justinjones

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.