Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
39 viewing
 Image inside W#!te People Outfit on the 4th... LOL
49 comments
most viewed right now
31 viewing
 Jul 4 - Panic sets in as Shanghai drops 30pc, $3.7 trillion wiped of China sto..
11 comments

top in section
28 viewing
Image inside (Untitled)
top in eyecandy
top in section
21 viewing
Image inside Rosenberg is a FED
top in hiphop

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
7885 pageviews
6 comments

killnarmy 5 heat pts space
Flossy The Dough Man
space
$1,041 | 6665135
Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.

6 comments for "4-Ohm vs 2-Ohm vs 1-Ohm"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
Drug Dylan 2 heat pts space
Need Coke?
space
$4,403 | 14801701
killnarmy said:
Which wring set up would be best? My old system was set up to 8-Ohms and 2-Ohms, sounds like 2-Ohms just hits harder but I heard that the higher the Ohm the clean and clearer the bass, is this true? I'm about to get a 10" RE SE 4-Ohm sub and a 1200 hifonics brutus amp going at 1200x1ohm and 450x4ohm. How would Ya'll recommend me wiring it up? Also some amp tuning tips would be cool too otherwise I might take it to a shop so the amp can be tuned properly.

Its not a "best" situation when it comes to wiring set ups. The ohm load of the amp is based on the subs they are powering. So whatever subs you end up with will determine what wiring set up you use. The sub that you are getting will only allow you to run it at "4-ohms" (that is if it is a single 4 ohm sub). If you got another one, you can run the amp at 2 ohms.
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #3
kodak314 2 heat pts space
space
$2,698 | POWERFUL
killnarmy said:
yea the higher the cleaner the signal, but dont think youre goin 4 sq so it really doesnt matter.

with that setup ill recommend running it at 2 ohms.
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
Flossy The Dough Man
space
$1,041 | 6665135
Drug Dylan said:
Its not a "best" situation when it comes to wiring set ups. The ohm load of the amp is based on the subs they are powering. So whatever subs you end up with will determine what wiring set up you use. The sub that you are getting will only allow you to run it at "4-ohms" (that is if it is a single 4 ohm sub). If you got another one, you can run the amp at 2 ohms.
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
JayR04 92 heat pts92 space
PSN: JayR04
space
$7,091 | POWERFUL
killnarmy said:
I'm getting a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub, I thought you can wire it to either 4-ohms or 1-ohm. With the 2-ohm sub I used to have, I was able to wire it to 2-ohm and 8-ohm. So if I wire it to 4 - ohms and the sub says it can handle 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, can I turn my amp all the way up if the amp powers 4 ohms at 450 watts rms? Or should just I set it up at 1 ohm to push 1000 watts peak?
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #6
Flossy The Dough Man
space
$1,041 | 6665135
^Thanks man, I guess I got confused with my other sub. Maybe I shoulda got the 2-ohm DVC sub. So if my sub is 4 ohm dvc 600rms how much is it gonna push if wired to 2 ohms?

Last edited by killnarmy; 06-15-2009 at 10:21 PM..
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
Drug Dylan 2 heat pts space
Need Coke?
space
$4,403 | 14801701
killnarmy said:
With 1 4 ohm DVC sub, you will be able to run it at 2 ohms or 8 ohms. 1 2 ohm DVC sub, you will be able to run it at 1 ohm or 4. You will get roughly 750/800 watts at 2 ohms.

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 06-16-2009 at 07:31 AM..

Home > all sections > Whipz 'n Stereos

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
41 viewing
Kevin gates BWA members arrested huge indictment
337 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside We came a long way 😓😓😓
109 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
13 viewing
OFFICIAL LIL WAYNE-Free Weezy Album Discussion Thread
1144 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Vince Staples tells the truth about Lil B....
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside God is going to give America a mean people's elbow finisher
167 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Video inside The Needle Drop - Meek Mill Album Review
15 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside MALIA OBAMA Sorry, Dad ... LENA DUNHAM'S THE BOSS OF ME NOW
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Video inside What a nuclear bomb would do
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Article inside So VPNs are safer then Tor huh? SHIIIIIIIT!!!!!!
62 comments
@tech

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time