This is BX @ Boxden.com

X-Men: DOFP SDCC Teaser Description

X-Men: DOFP SDCC Teaser Description
topic by Freckle Face - 07-20-2013, 06:20 PM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

> X-Men: DOFP SDCC Teaser Description - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

> X-Men: DOFP SDCC Teaser Description - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Seriously, I hope this footage shows up online soon, because my description is not going to do it justice. There was a lot going on here. We see a closeup of an eye, and Professor X (Patrick Stewart) asks, "What's the last thing you remember?" "I had a glimpse into the past," someone responds. Professor X tells Wolverine, "You're going to have to do for me what I once did for you."

And this is a dark dystopian future, where the dark, fetishy costumes are looking more dirty and distress and messed up, and Professor X and Magneto seem weary and filled with dread.

We see flashes of all our favorite mutants, including Storm against a stormy sky, Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde, Omar Sy as Bishop, and some others that I couldn't immediately identify. Plus Ian McKellen as Magneto.

We learn that Professor X and Magneto have come together "side by side, to end this war before it ever begins."

Wolverine asks, "So I wake up in my younger body, and then what?" Professor X responds, "Find me, convince me of all this." And Magneto chimes in that Wolverine will find younger Magneto a different person, "a darker person." We catch glimpses of 1970s versions of Magneto and Professor X — with a lot more hair and a lot more fire to them. Professor X has a crazy beard and a 1970s groovy outfit, while Magneto is a rabble rousing leader who levitates. And we see Young Mystique crying, while Young Beast is howling.

Back then, Professor X says, "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me."

Wolverine responds, "Patience isn't my strong suit."

We catch glimpses of other stuff — Young Magneto using his powers to pull a distressed Mystique along the floor. Young Magneto descending from the air looking scary. There is a mysterious opening under the Oval Office, revealed by the oval opening up like a trapdoor. And Richard Nixon looking weird and terrifying — and then a shapeshifter walking down the street changing his appearance. There is a LOT of stuff blowing up, and Young Professor X using Magneto, and the Beast attacking, a woman walking away from an airplane, and a military setting.

Young Professor X says, "I don't want your suffering. I don't want your future."

And then Old Professor X is face to face with his younger self. He says: "Please. We need you to hope again." It's an actual spine-tingling moment. Actual goosebumps here.

http://io9.com/first-x-men-days-of-f...oseb-853412270

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "X-Men: DOFP SDCC Teaser Description"

07-20-2013, 06:47 PMaway - #2
Freckle Face 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$2,276 | POWERFUL
- Ever going to see any Gambit and Rogue involvement? Paquin said "Brian?" Singer, "We're exploring all options at the moment." Paquin, "I'm down with it!"

- Singer says Quicksilver was always part of the story. Evan says that Quicksilver moves and talks quick and gets impatient. "He's got great DNA," Fassbender laughs.

- MacAvoy is wearing an X-Men shirt he bought on the convention hall floor.

- Singer says ensemble films come to him naturally. That's why he did Usual Suspects.

- Berry is saying she wants Storm to get more love.

- She says she's so, so glad Singer is back.

- Paquin says the character is a huge part of her life since she was originally cast at age 17.

Last edited by Freckle Face; 07-20-2013 at 06:51 PM..
 07-20-2013, 08:29 PMaway - #3
Snipper 7 heat pts

d 
space
$3,704 | POWERFUL

Huge applause for the Marvel logo coming across the screen. We begin with Xavier's voice (Patrick Stewart), then quick flashes of Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Storm (Halle Berry), Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Rogue (Anna Paquin), Kitty (Ellen Page), a "glimpse from the past." Bishop (Omar Sy), Thunderbird (Boo Boo Stewart) and Blink (Bingbing Fan) who looks straight out of the comic book. "Side by side to end this war before it ever begins," says the voice of the Professor. Wolverine is sent back into his younger body by both Xavier AND Magneto. Old Xavier says "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me." Wolverine says, "Patience is my strongest suit." Lots of action Mystique shots, she's kicking a$s. It's even Magneto vs. Mystique at one point! "We need you to hope again," old Xavier says to his younger self. Crazy applause.

Evan Peters introduced himself as Quicksilver and said, "I'm really fast." Peter Dinklage said, "I am Bolivar Trask."

Jennifer Lawrence said she's "getting closer to the [villainous] Mystique she's going to be."

Singer said he loves working with an ensemble, there's "a lot of interesting people and things to cut to." Specifically of directing again, "It's wonderful to return to this family and work with these new people."

Hugh Jackman said it's 2o great movies in one, and that he's "so honored to be a part of it."

Halle Berry wants to know why Storm doesn't get any romance. "Is she as3xual in the comics?"

Jackman said this morning he walked around the convention in his full Wolverine costume and no one recognized him. Got one "not bad" comment from a fan and that was it.

Anna Paquin reflected, "I got cast in this role when I was 13, and it feels incredible to be back."

Stewart said this is the cast he feels closest to outside of his Star Trek peers. McKellen added, "I feel safe in California now that you've gotten rid of Prop 8 [which got a thunderous applause]. I'm looking for a husband, nice to meet you, Michael," and then he turns and looks down at Fassbender.

Ellen Page's turn to talk. "When I did the first one I had never been on a set that size or scale so it blew my mind. I never expected to play Kitty again," she said.

Bryan Singer says Deadpool is a possibility for future X-Men movies but he's not in DOFP when responding to a fan question.

Quicksilver will be a character in the 1970's portion of the film.

Last edited by Snipper; 07-20-2013 at 08:33 PM..
 07-21-2013, 08:18 PMaway - #4
BRonin357 1 heat pts

d 
space
$4,335 | 16674283
If they can't get the costumes right, then I don't know! I'd k!ll for a real wolverine costume! Brown and yellow or yellow and blue I don't care!
 07-22-2013, 10:31 AMaway - #5
RaptorsWon 187 heat pts187

d 
space
$19,260 | POWERFUL

goat cameo
 07-22-2013, 10:51 AMaway - #6
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts

d 
space
$15,035 | POWERFUL

I would love to see this be Wolverines costume in the movies.
 07-22-2013, 12:33 PMaway - #7
deLeet 4 heat pts

d 
space
$15,137 | POWERFUL
I just want to see Wolverine take down a Sintenal like this @ 19.40

FULL VIEW!!
 07-22-2013, 12:42 PMonline - #8
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$6,687 | POWERFUL
Quicksilver will be in the 1970 portion? huh? Again WTF. You got a chance to fix things not make things worse

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
67 comments
NBA 4thQtrKobe with 3 consecutive baskets in the clutch
72 comments
NBA Sixers Won..Plans for Lottery Reform Fall Apart
64 comments
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Speaks On Eminem And Jay-z (:truth:)
New reply 21 seconds ago - 142 comments - by BasedonMars
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 381 comments - by !!!
 NFL Brett Favre : "rams Austin Davis Can Be The Next ...
New reply 35 seconds ago - 56 comments - by theFREAK
 BOX Young Boul Catches Fade From 80 Year Old Man And Gets ...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Kyu Read
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 118 comments - by blafy
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 71 comments - by ajeana
  Tyga Praises Lil Wayne, Kanye, Jay-z & Em, Says Dr...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 92 comments - by mdemaz
 Video inside Xbox Won Multitasking At Work (party/movie/game)
New reply 6 minutes ago - 124 comments - by lato9905

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.