This is BX @ Boxden.com

Who was the better Godfather.. Vito Corleone or his son Michael Corleone?

Who was the better Godfather.. Vito Corleone or his son Michael Corleone?
topic by I_REP_VA - 08-09-2008, 03:58 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Before you think bout answering, rememeber the circumstances..

think bout the adjectives of power, intelligence, and protection..

ALSO think bout the different times and situations that Michael had due to the de@th of his father..

All I know is.. I've noticed that Vito Corleone's Wife is the only female in the movie that had no problems or drama shown in the film.

I dunno just shows how much control he had for the happiness for his family..

HOWEVER, Michael did handle the heads of the five families very well.. and he was also untouchable in Godfather 2..

he read Hymon Roth very well.. even tho he got fooled at first..

man wut an argument..

HOLLA @ me HUSTLAS..

this da type of movies hustlas watch i swear baby

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

20 comments for "Who was the better Godfather.. Vito Corleone or his son Michael Corleone?"

08-09-2008, 12:20 PMaway - #2
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts

d 
space
$14,815 | POWERFUL
oh man thats tough....id have to go with Vito. he ran his family un-challenged for a long time and he got into the game later than most other mafia don's, which i guess the same could be said for michael, but with Vito being the originator i have to give him due before mike.
 08-09-2008, 01:06 PMaway - #3
Vincent Vega 

d 
space
$5,214 | POWERFUL
i gotta say michael because even tho vito started it, michael took out all the competition and rivals(barzini,salazo,mo green) and also expanded the business. he survived the trouble with hyman roth and, to a lesser extent, joey zaza. and to top it off he took the steps to legitimize the family to where they could cake off forever and not have to do anything illegal.

vito ran things smoothly but i feel like michael expanded the empire.
 08-09-2008, 02:26 PMaway - #4
rshodunke 

d 
space
$1,215 | 1761768
From a business standpoint, I would have to say Michael. He made the family millions of dollars and he took how to heads of the other families, as well as going unchallenged for many years. But all together, as far as intelligence, togetherness, and total control, Vito. Vito kept the family together and due to him losing his family he understood the importance of having family there for one another, plus back in his younger days he handled business by himself, like the two dons he murked, especially going to the don who k!lled his family's home and k!lling him. Michael on the other hand often had others do k!lling for him except for at the restaraunt and wasn't as tough as his father.
 08-09-2008, 08:15 PMaway - #5
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,346 | 15715202
damn nice comments..

who's joey zaza?
 08-09-2008, 09:34 PMaway - #6
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts

d 
space
$14,815 | POWERFUL
im also looking at it from this point of view while Vito was the head of family...everything ran about as smoothly as #### could run when you're in that type of buisness ....Michael on the other hand had his family turn on him, had his own brother knocked off, his daughter was murd3red in his place (unintentionally but still), his son wanted nothing to do with him, Kay wanted to do nothing to him, lost Tom Hagen although he was k!lled you could easily tell the relationship was strained. it was just a real dark period for Mike, its kinda like Vito was responsible for the rise and Mike hopped on just in time for the fall
 08-09-2008, 10:24 PMaway - #7
beantown 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$23,328 | POWERFUL
HOLLA @ HUSTLAS..

this da type of movies hustlas watch i swear baby
wtf???

:hang:
 08-09-2008, 10:25 PMaway - #8
youngvito18 8 heat pts

d 
space
$11,516 | POWERFUL
i'll answer it tomorrow.......
 08-09-2008, 11:11 PMaway - #9
Basicgz 

d 
space
$4,611 | 8999816
Put it this way if Michael wouldve of never joined the Family business that business wouldve fell through, the Corleone family wouldnt exist anymore, the other families had them against the ropes, Michael k!lled the threats(The Turk, Crooked Cop, the 2 traitors within the Corleone family and the heads of the five families) Vito was too old school Michael was smarter and more witty, I always thought Vito kids were his personalities, Sonny was his anger, Fredo was his carefree side, and Michael was his brains, Now of course Michael's way of business caught backlash in his personal life but which is worse have some mafia cat k!ll you for using your heart instead of ya brain or your sister not talkin to you, thats the consequences of the Mafia, Michael did business the right way in the underworld with his brain not his heart Vito was smart also but Michael was smarter and a better Godfather
 08-10-2008, 12:12 AMonline - #10
PEK 6 heat pts

d 
space
$7,745 | POWERFUL
I'm going with Michael. Main reason is because of the stupid move Vito tried to make that got Luca Brasi k!lled. I mean what was he thinking? Everybody knew how loyal Luca was to him so the other family knew it was bull#### when he tried to make play like he was switching sides. And on top of that Luca was his #1 dude, you dont gamble like that with one of your top dogs he should have used a flunkie. I cant think of any blatently bad decisions Mike made so I gotta give him the edge.
 08-10-2008, 04:12 AMaway - #11
youngvito18 8 heat pts

d 
space
$11,516 | POWERFUL
alright, here's my response

VITO CORLEONE IS THE PROTOTYPE, MIKE JUST FOLLOWED THE BLUEPRINT AND MADE A FEW MODIFICATIONS TO ADJUST TO THE TIMES

when you watch Godfather 2 and they flashback to the past you see Vito came here as a little ni##a with nothing....no mom, no pops, no money, ni##a was a orphan and he grew to be a man with convictions and a open eye......he took power from the don, went back to italy and k!ll the mob boss who k!lled his mom, pops, and brother and then came home and grinded to become the big boss he was.....he had no real resources, he just created his own lane plus you can tell he wasn't like others who would just talk bad about the former don.....that ni##a creeped thru windows and hopped on roofs to k!ll that ni##a....he was a soldier and a boss

Mike on the other hand had mad resources....his pop already built the dyn@sty he just had to maintain the status quo...........Vito is like Bill Gates......and Mike would be Gates son......if Gate's son took over Microsoft and doubled the worth it still can't compare with Bill Gates building it from the bottom....making something out of nothing and then GIVING his son some ownership.........

Mike was a great don but his own ni##as (including Freido) was mad at him by Godfather 2 while when Vito reigned ni##as was loyal to him till the de@th and he was loved and respected

Vito= Avon

Mike= Marlo (just not as vicious and coldhearted)
 08-10-2008, 04:32 AMaway - #12
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,346 | 15715202
Originally Posted by beantown85
wtf???

:hang:

you wouldn't know

:hang: yourself attention seeker
 08-10-2008, 04:54 AMaway - #13
Anthony O 

d 
space
$1,243 | 0
michael...didnt even have to think bout it
 08-10-2008, 05:51 AMaway - #14
CalcuoCuchicheo 

d 
space
$6,454 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I_REP_VA
who's joey zaza?
:wtf:

Try watching the films you make threads about.
 08-11-2008, 04:11 AMaway - #15
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,346 | 15715202
Originally Posted by CalcuoCuchicheo
:wtf:

Try watching the films you make threads about.
how bout you suck a fat d*ck
 08-12-2008, 10:42 AMaway - #16
CalcuoCuchicheo 

d 
space
$6,454 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I_REP_VA
how bout you suck a fat d*ck
If I ever make a thread about sucking d*ck, that advice might apply. Until then, you're sitting here encouraging homos3xuality in a thread where you've already exposed yourself (again) as not being up on the films you try to discuss. Stop shooting yourself in the foot please, it's embarrassing.
 08-12-2008, 11:51 AMonline - #17
d-mac24 

d 
space
$210 | 128813
Sonny
 08-12-2008, 10:33 PMaway - #18
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
basically an impossible question to answer, they are both so ####in bad a$s and so good at what they did, but I say Michael cause of all the shiit he pulled off in part 2.
 08-12-2008, 10:36 PMaway - #19
Bob Sacamano 

d 
space
$4,749 | 13324217
Originally Posted by d-mac24
Sonny
maybe my favorite character, but he wasn't a very good boss.
 08-13-2008, 03:33 AMaway - #20
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,346 | 15715202
Originally Posted by CalcuoCuchicheo
If I ever make a thread about sucking d*ck, that advice might apply. Until then, you're sitting here encouraging homos3xuality in a thread where you've already exposed yourself (again) as not being up on the films you try to discuss. Stop shooting yourself in the foot please, it's embarrassing.
stares nonchalantly at the screen thinking "are you serious?"

dunno why you so mad

wut you tryin to get brownie points or somethin from people from boxden

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  The Last of Us Remastered drops on Tuesday, you copping?
51 comments
Image inside  PS4 “GayStation Edition” Up for Auction To Celebrate ..
76 comments
NBA Who you with? 1, 2, 3, or 4
135 comments
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 145 comments - by King Henry
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 17 minutes ago - 101 comments - by GoldBluded
 Image(s) inside [chiwire] Durk Fu-kin W/ The Opps, Fredo Not With The ...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 380 comments - by Squadd
 Image(s) inside So Who's Copping Destiny?
New reply 21 minutes ago - 104 comments - by Pleasure Boy
 NBA Zach Lavine Destroys Dunk Contest Vs Professional Dunk...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 85 comments - by mixtapelive
 Image(s) inside Lil Man Got An 6000gb Hard Drive In His Head
New reply 29 minutes ago - 75 comments - by Muunsta
 NBA Wad3 County
New reply 10 minutes ago - 74 comments - by Shadow305
 OT Could An Assembled Group Of Bxsc Posters Beat The Best...
New reply 49 minutes ago - 88 comments - by HeatMafia410

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.