This is BX @ Boxden.com

‘Voltron’ Bidding War Currently in Progress

‘Voltron’ Bidding War Currently in Progress
topic by flix02 - 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

After the billion dollar, international success of the first two Transformers films, it seems like a no-brainer that Hollywood would jump on an adaptation of the cult 1980s TV show Voltron. It too has large robots getting into big battles, plus it’s got strong themes of friendship and teamwork. For years, we’ve heard about scripts that are flying around town, seen concept art from the films (such as above thanks to Joblo) and much more. Now, we’re hearing that a bidding war for the finally red-tape free rights to the franchise is heating up, lead by Relativity Media. There’s a new cartoon set to premiere and, if all goes well, there might be a movie within two to three years. Read more after the break.

Vulture broke the story about this potential break in the Voltron movie-madness. In their report, they state that the main problem over the past several years is that the rights to the franchise were in question. One company had the TV rights, another had the movie rights, and there was plenty of f!ghting and debate over the logistics (read all the details over on Vulture). However, a St. Louis-based company called World Events Productions now owns both the television and movie rights to Voltron and with a TV show, called Voltron Force, scheduled to air in May on Nicktoons, they’re hoping to get the film adaptation up and running too.

There’s no word if any of the previous materials that have circulated will be used or who could distribute the film based on previous deals, but all you need to know is, once again, there is movement happening in regards to a Voltron movie. When we hear more, so will you.

Here’s the basic story behind Voltron, in case you were unaware:

Do you think this is actually going to happen? Or will this news simply sit around and go stale by the end of the week?

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

11 comments for "‘Voltron’ Bidding War Currently in Progress"

03-08-2011, 05:44 PMaway - #2
lojo318 1 heat pts

d 
space
$14 | 430501
idk know about this voltron was the #### as a cartoon but as far as a movie goes if it were live-action it would be kinda strand and most likely be geared toward children to me it was like the cartoon version of power rangers but i guess will have to see. I would much rather see a thunder cats movies
 03-08-2011, 06:03 PMaway - #3
JaYYo 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$4,704 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lojo318
idk know about this voltron was the #### as a cartoon but as far as a movie goes if it were live-action it would be kinda strand and most likely be geared toward children to me it was like the cartoon version of power rangers but i guess will have to see. I would much rather see a thunder cats movies
This..
 03-08-2011, 07:04 PMonline - #4
Agentzer0oo0 132 heat pts132

d 
space
$48,609 | POWERFUL

I loved thunder cats as a cartoon but as a live action film?

Nah, no thanks.

And as far Voltron I would feel sorry for that movie because somebody, somewhere is gonna think they're making a rip-off of the Transformers films.
 03-08-2011, 07:17 PMaway - #5
tj.iscool 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$13,192 | POWERFUL
I would rather watch a CGI movie of Voltron than a live movie

Last edited by tj.iscool; 03-08-2011 at 07:37 PM..
 03-08-2011, 07:26 PMaway - #6
georgiaballa 

d 
space
$230 | 256655

They actually coming out with a Thunder Cats movie..
 03-08-2011, 07:43 PMaway - #7
Chopzilla 185 heat pts185

d 
space
$10,434 | POWERFUL
@ both Thunder Cats and Voltron
 03-08-2011, 08:50 PMaway - #8
JaYYo 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$4,704 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Agentzer0oo0
[/b]

I loved thunder cats as a cartoon but as a live action film?

Nah, no thanks.

And as far Voltron I would feel sorry for that movie because somebody, somewhere is gonna think they're making a rip-off of the Transformers films.
Y not? I mean James Cameron can create a whole nother planet with Avatar but u cant make a dope live action Thundercats movie?
 03-08-2011, 09:55 PMaway - #9
Demboyz746 

d 
space
$1,412 | 3813729
Man, i cant even front i eff the voltron that was the original. It paved the way for Power rangers and all them other robot tv shows that used the same formula..
 03-08-2011, 10:07 PMaway - #10
SIKondaLO 

d 
space
$9 | 0
Finally... I thought this was gonna come out btw transformers 2 and 3
 03-08-2011, 10:33 PMaway - #11
JohnDoe 125 heat pts125

d 
space
$9,037 | POWERFUL
@ 1:30 Power Rangers Straight RIPPED THAT #### OFF.............
 03-09-2011, 07:21 AMaway - #12
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$6,721 | POWERFUL
After GI Joe I don't see anything good coming out of this

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Tim Cook: Apple CEO Says He's 'Proud' to Be Gay and ..
50 comments
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
79 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
80 comments
 Video inside Why This Old Nigga Was Stoppin Sh-t Like He Was Goku?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 64 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 108 comments - by The Bully
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 102 comments - by YungPrinceNY
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 6 minutes ago - 212 comments - by SpazzOut
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 209 comments - by NoLastName
 NBA Reddit User Digs Up Old Tweets From Players
New reply 24 minutes ago - 74 comments - by Wardell Curry II
 Video inside 10 Hours Of Walking Around Nyc As A Woman (ny Niggas A...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 316 comments - by Tastemaker331
  Ign Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
New reply 26 minutes ago - 96 comments - by boobizzy

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,798 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.