Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Vin Diesel Singlehandedly Responsible for the Success of Fast and Furious post-Tokyo Drift

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
141 viewing
 Video inside Tyson Beckford speaks.....
52 comments
most viewed right now
123 viewing
Image inside The Weeknd got caught slippin' this weekend
55 comments

top in section
27 viewing
Image inside 2015 Penny "Sharpie" Pack
top in gear
top in section
33 viewing
 Goku vs Superman - Flipbook Animation
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Vin Diesel Singlehandedly Responsible for the Success of Fast and Furious post-Tokyo Drift
Unread 1 year agoclass of '12 - away - #1
3277 pageviews
32 comments

nxtiq 20 heat pts20 space
Negro Metalhead
space
$1,763 | 19187908
I was googling the reason why Vin walked away from 2 Fast 2 Furious and ran into this article. I had no idea dude actually produced every movie after Tokyo Drift.

Vin Diesel's Advice to His Former Self on the 'Fast & Furious' Franchise: 'Walking Away Doesn't Help'

Over a decade ago, Vin Diesel sped into theaters with The Fast and The Furious, an action-filled film about street racing subculture. But when the franchise accelerated into another installment, Diesel stepped on the breaks.

But now looking back, as Fast & Furious 6 earns early raves in theaters, the multihyphenate actor-producer-screenwriter regrets that decision.

"I would've said, 'Don't walk away from it just because the script sucked in 2 Fast 2 Furious because there's an obligation to the audience to f!ght, no matter what, to make that film as good as possible,'" Diesel told Celebuzz's Cory Lopez. "Just walking away doesn't help that saga at all. I might have had a little bit more patience or belief in the long-term of it."

"But yet, we wouldn't be here if I didn't do that," he continued. "That was a very important stage and a very important statement to the studio that I wouldn't be involved with the franchise if it was simply a version of the old style of sequenced movies, where you make a new movie, which is the same as the old movie, you put the brand up there, and you sell it off the brand. I didn't want to ever sell Fast & Furious off of the brand."

But after a brief break, Diesel got back in the driver's seat with the third film, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. But this time, he got involved in the pre-production process.

"I always wanted to sell Fast & Furious off the story, and the continuation of story. So you can see, before I produced it, one, two and three are all fragmented," he explained. "And then once they asked me to do the cameo in Tokyo Drift, they said, 'We know you've said no to all the scripts we've given you.' Then they called my bluff and said, 'Why don't you produce the scripts?' And I said, 'OK. Let's really produce them with some heart and some integrity in the continuing storyline."

It's with that mindset that Diesel brought back Michelle Rodriguez's Letty Ortiz, who was a.ssumed dead at the end of the fourthfilm. But after much petitioning from Fast fans, Rodriguez returns in the latest installment, giving Diesel a chance to re-team with a close confidant.

"We have a very, very strong relationship," he said of Rodriguez. "We've been friends for so long, and there's so much trust. I usually invite her in to the writing phase that's how much I respect her creativity and her brain.... She's dedicated in a real refreshing way, in a way that you don't always see. She's willing to do anything to make the film special."

Vin Diesel's Advice to His Former Self on the 'Fast & Furious' Franchise: 'Walking Away Doesn't Help'

So, he's apparently the sole reason there's actually a continuing storyline throughout the movies, which is making the series just that much better. Makes me wonder what the scripts for 2 Fast 2 Furious were about before they brought in Tyrese.

n*gga said y'all wanna make episodes...I want to develop a franchise.

Based Vin!

Props given to nxtiq hot topic  (12-06-2013)

32 comments for "Vin Diesel Singlehandedly Responsible for the Success of Fast and Furious post-Tokyo Drift"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 1 year agoclass of '07 - away - #2
kuntree_swagger 12 heat pts12 space
space
$1,957 | 12930707
Dont believe that sh*t......they gave him that cameo, because honestly, VIN was doing sh*t......his last movie had flopped and he wasnt getting anywork.....I mean no one was checking for him in Hollywood...

Now I give him credit for saving some of his money , after ridd!ck 2...which he also produced, but its not like he gave up billions....

producer basically means investor.....he invested in the film and put up maybe 5mil of his money, where as the other producers put up twice that much....then the studio backed them......I mean its simple..... the studio probably wants to 20mil upfront before they green light the project.......vin got some other investors to help reach that 20mil.

Last edited by kuntree_swagger; 12-05-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Unread 1 year agoclass of '12 - away - #3
GroveBoy740 38 heat pts38 space
space
$1,860 | POWERFUL
So this might have been the best thing to happen for Tyrese & his character. Because who to say if Vin is in part 2 there may be no Tyrese. And, maybe the franchise would already be over now.

SN: Also it is very easy for Vin to say all this sh*t NOW. If those movies he did were huge hits he probably wouldn't have returned in the first place.

Last edited by GroveBoy740; 12-05-2013 at 03:07 PM..
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - on now - #4
justinjones 264 heat pts264 space
The Trill Don't Die
space
$44,746 | POWERFUL
kuntree_swagger said:
Dont believe that sh*t......they gave him that cameo, because honestly, VIN was doing sh*t......his last movie had flopped and he wasnt getting anywork.....I mean no one was checking for him in Hollywood...

Now I give him credit for saving some of his money , after ridd!ck 2...which he also produced, but its not like he gave up billions....

producer basically means investor.....he invested in the film and put up maybe 5mil of his money, where as the other producers put up twice that much....then the studio backed them......I mean its simple..... the studio probably wants to 20mil upfront before they green light the project.......vin got some other investors to help reach that 20mil.
thats true

outside of fast and ridd!ck. wtf has he done that did anything? x*x?
Unread 1 year agoclass of '06 - away - #5
Michael 1987 689 heat pts689 space
/
space
$64,451 | POWERFUL
Nope...
Unread 1 year agoclass of '11 - away - #6
PTC 130 heat pts130 space
space
$7,585 | POWERFUL
To believe anyone is single handedly responsible for anything like tihs just shows you were raised by peasants.
Unread 1 year agoclass of '08 - away - #7
Arson 82 heat pts82 space
sh*t Skressful Bruh
space
$31,340 | POWERFUL
Stop lying Vin. That career aint take off like you thought it would after the first movie so you had to fall back.
Unread 1 year agoclass of '09 - away - #8
Tiko377 1178 heat pts1178 space
space
$10,454 | POWERFUL
justinjones said:
thats true

triple x which i think is also getting a sequal was very popular for him.

i also think he produced hitman.
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - away - #9
P DRILLA 83 heat pts83 space
Doe or Die
space
$8,659 | POWERFUL
never seen f&f
Unread 1 year agoclass of '06 - on now - #10
hollyfield420 16 heat pts16 space
space
$2,938 | 20388508
justinjones said:
thats true

"Find me Guilty" ... probably his best acting job in film
Unread 1 year agoclass of '09 - on now - #11
29 26 5 heat pts space
space
$8,473 | POWERFUL
Arson said:
Stop lying Vin. That career aint take off like you thought it would after the first movie so you had to fall back.
This...

outside of fnf, my favorite vin movie was man apart..
Unread 1 year agoclass of '12 - away - #12
nxtiq 20 heat pts20 space
Negro Metalhead
space
$1,763 | 19187908
PTC said:
To believe anyone is single handedly responsible for anything like tihs just shows you were raised by peasants.
He changed the course of the franchise by denying scripts until they asked him to produce a script himself, simply because he felt the story should be cohesive and set up for continuation. Pretty simple.

justinjones said:
thats true

Tiko377 said:
triple x which i think is also getting a sequal was very popular for him.

i also think he produced hitman.
hollyfield420 said:
Even though it wasn't a box office smash, A Man Apart was good as well, which he also produced.
Unread 1 year agoclass of '08 - away - #13
RokkyRok 49 heat pts49 space
The Kid From The Bronx
space
$6,472 | POWERFUL
a lot of Vin Diesel hate in here I see....
Unread 1 year agoclass of '10 - away - #14
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21 space
The new Razor Ramon
space
$20,027 | POWERFUL
rainbow jeremy said:
Wasn't he in that Disney movie the pacifier ? Was that also for artistic dignity ?
You mean that Disney movie with the 50 million dollar budget, that made back 200 million?
Unread 1 year agoclass of '07 - away - #15
Rhyme n Tekniq 1 heat pts space
bi*ch n*gga Demolisher
space
$4,784 | POWERFUL
never understood pseudo-bashing of Vin Diesel, he's a solid actor with a passion for seeing his often good ideas through. But im a.ssuming much like anything else, It's a bandwagon thing
Unread 1 year agoclass of '11 - away - #16
Mr X 17 heat pts17 space
5 Star Stunna
space
$1,989 | 12634602
2 Fast 2 Furious is the first or second best in the franchise
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - on now - #17
metatr0n|M 389 heat pts389 space
SOLVE ET COAGULA
space
$40,317 | POWERFUL
2 fast & tokyo were good tho
Unread 1 year agoclass of '11 - away - #18
1andonlyKingP 55 heat pts55 space
Legends Never Die...
space
$10,345 | POWERFUL
hollyfield420 said:
Boiler Room >>>
Unread 1 year agoclass of '10 - on now - #19
#JewLife 95 heat pts95 space
Splash
space
$13,840 | POWERFUL
Tokyo Drift was fu*king terrible
Unread 1 year agoclass of '10 - on now - #20
Loxy Miracles 14 heat pts14 space
#FULLSQUAD
space
$14,302 | POWERFUL
stop it vin. you aint blow and had to jump back on the wagon

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
404 viewing
Video inside Real Or Fake? The Pencil Game "Charlie, Charlie" Got These Dudes Freaki..
114 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
42 viewing
Image inside Fabolous killing it
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
33 viewing
Image inside would you stick your d1ck in this?
128 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
32 viewing
BOX Top 20 Most Brutal Knockouts in Boxing History!
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Chris Brown & KID RED Plan on Killing Tyson Beckford in Vegas??!(Tyson..
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
welp...the new george clooney movie "Tomorrowland" tanks
88 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside DJ Disrespects Wayne At His Own Party. Plays Danny Glover. Wayne On Sui..
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Audio inside Dr. Dre 2Nite (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih)
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Ronda Rousey's Sister to the Right | :tasty:
78 comments
@eyecandy

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time