b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Vin Diesel Singlehandedly Responsible for the Success of Fast and Furious post-Tokyo Drift

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Vin Diesel Singlehandedly Responsible for the Success of Fast and Furious post-Tokyo Drift
topic by nxtiq - 12-05-2013, 03:27 PM

I was googling the reason why Vin walked away from 2 Fast 2 Furious and ran into this article. I had no idea dude actually produced every movie after Tokyo Drift.

Vin Diesel's Advice to His Former Self on the 'Fast & Furious' Franchise: 'Walking Away Doesn't Help'

Over a decade ago, Vin Diesel sped into theaters with The Fast and The Furious, an action-filled film about street racing subculture. But when the franchise accelerated into another installment, Diesel stepped on the breaks.

But now looking back, as Fast & Furious 6 earns early raves in theaters, the multihyphenate actor-producer-screenwriter regrets that decision.

"I would've said, 'Don't walk away from it just because the script sucked in 2 Fast 2 Furious because there's an obligation to the audience to f!ght, no matter what, to make that film as good as possible,'" Diesel told Celebuzz's Cory Lopez. "Just walking away doesn't help that saga at all. I might have had a little bit more patience or belief in the long-term of it."

"But yet, we wouldn't be here if I didn't do that," he continued. "That was a very important stage and a very important statement to the studio that I wouldn't be involved with the franchise if it was simply a version of the old style of sequenced movies, where you make a new movie, which is the same as the old movie, you put the brand up there, and you sell it off the brand. I didn't want to ever sell Fast & Furious off of the brand."

But after a brief break, Diesel got back in the driver's seat with the third film, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. But this time, he got involved in the pre-production process.

"I always wanted to sell Fast & Furious off the story, and the continuation of story. So you can see, before I produced it, one, two and three are all fragmented," he explained. "And then once they asked me to do the cameo in Tokyo Drift, they said, 'We know you've said no to all the scripts we've given you.' Then they called my bluff and said, 'Why don't you produce the scripts?' And I said, 'OK. Let's really produce them with some heart and some integrity in the continuing storyline."

It's with that mindset that Diesel brought back Michelle Rodriguez's Letty Ortiz, who was a$sumed dead at the end of the fourthfilm. But after much petitioning from Fast fans, Rodriguez returns in the latest installment, giving Diesel a chance to re-team with a close confidant.

"We have a very, very strong relationship," he said of Rodriguez. "We've been friends for so long, and there's so much trust. I usually invite her in to the writing phase that's how much I respect her creativity and her brain.... She's dedicated in a real refreshing way, in a way that you don't always see. She's willing to do anything to make the film special."

Vin Diesel's Advice to His Former Self on the 'Fast & Furious' Franchise: 'Walking Away Doesn't Help'

So, he's apparently the sole reason there's actually a continuing storyline throughout the movies, which is making the series just that much better. Makes me wonder what the scripts for 2 Fast 2 Furious were about before they brought in Tyrese.

ni##a said y'all wanna make episodes...I want to develop a franchise.

Based Vin!

> Vin Diesel Singlehandedly Responsible for the Success of Fast and Furious post-Tokyo Drift - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

32 comments for "Vin Diesel Singlehandedly Responsible for the Success of Fast and Furious post-Tokyo Drift"

12-05-2013, 03:55 PMaway - #2
kuntree_swagger 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$1,944 | 12793079
Dont believe that ####......they gave him that cameo, because honestly, VIN was doing ####......his last movie had flopped and he wasnt getting anywork.....I mean no one was checking for him in Hollywood...

Now I give him credit for saving some of his money , after riddi#k 2...which he also produced, but its not like he gave up billions....

producer basically means investor.....he invested in the film and put up maybe 5mil of his money, where as the other producers put up twice that much....then the studio backed them......I mean its simple..... the studio probably wants to 20mil upfront before they green light the project.......vin got some other investors to help reach that 20mil.

Last edited by kuntree_swagger; 12-05-2013 at 04:02 PM..
 12-05-2013, 04:04 PMaway - #3
GroveBoy740 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$1,581 | POWERFUL
So this might have been the best thing to happen for Tyrese & his character. Because who to say if Vin is in part 2 there may be no Tyrese. And, maybe the franchise would already be over now.

SN: Also it is very easy for Vin to say all this #### NOW. If those movies he did were huge hits he probably wouldn't have returned in the first place.

Last edited by GroveBoy740; 12-05-2013 at 04:07 PM..
 12-05-2013, 04:50 PMonline - #4
justinjones 245 heat pts245

d 
space
$43,227 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kuntree_swagger
Dont believe that ####......they gave him that cameo, because honestly, VIN was doing ####......his last movie had flopped and he wasnt getting anywork.....I mean no one was checking for him in Hollywood...

Now I give him credit for saving some of his money , after riddi#k 2...which he also produced, but its not like he gave up billions....

producer basically means investor.....he invested in the film and put up maybe 5mil of his money, where as the other producers put up twice that much....then the studio backed them......I mean its simple..... the studio probably wants to 20mil upfront before they green light the project.......vin got some other investors to help reach that 20mil.
thats true

outside of fast and riddi#k. wtf has he done that did anything? x#x?
 12-05-2013, 05:56 PMaway - #5
Michael 1987 644 heat pts644

d 
space
$61,663 | POWERFUL
Nope...
 12-05-2013, 06:10 PMaway - #6
PTC 123 heat pts123

d 
space
$6,941 | POWERFUL
To believe anyone is single handedly responsible for anything like tihs just shows you were raised by peasants.
 12-05-2013, 06:19 PMonline - #7
Arson 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$29,286 | POWERFUL
Stop lying Vin. That career aint take off like you thought it would after the first movie so you had to fall back.
 12-05-2013, 07:00 PMaway - #8
Tiko377 1020 heat pts1020

d 
space
$8,978 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by justinjones
thats true

triple x which i think is also getting a sequal was very popular for him.

i also think he produced hitman.
 12-05-2013, 07:38 PMaway - #9
P DRILLA 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$8,397 | POWERFUL
never seen f&f
 12-06-2013, 01:01 AMaway - #10
hollyfield420 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$2,747 | 18245184
thats true

"Find me Guilty" ... probably his best acting job in film
 12-06-2013, 04:25 AMaway - #11
29 26 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,017 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Arson
Stop lying Vin. That career aint take off like you thought it would after the first movie so you had to fall back.
This...

outside of fnf, my favorite vin movie was man apart..
 12-06-2013, 10:56 AMaway - #12
nxtiq 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$1,158 | 13629876
Originally Posted by PTC
To believe anyone is single handedly responsible for anything like tihs just shows you were raised by peasants.
He changed the course of the franchise by denying scripts until they asked him to produce a script himself, simply because he felt the story should be cohesive and set up for continuation. Pretty simple.

thats true

Originally Posted by Tiko377
triple x which i think is also getting a sequal was very popular for him.

i also think he produced hitman.
Originally Posted by hollyfield420
Even though it wasn't a box office smash, A Man Apart was good as well, which he also produced.
 12-06-2013, 06:15 PMaway - #13
RokkyRok 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$5,615 | POWERFUL
a lot of Vin Diesel hate in here I see....
 12-06-2013, 10:17 PMaway - #14
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$17,208 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by rainbow jeremy
Wasn't he in that Disney movie the pacifier ? Was that also for artistic dignity ?
You mean that Disney movie with the 50 million dollar budget, that made back 200 million?
 12-06-2013, 11:26 PMaway - #15
Rhyme n Tekniq 1 heat pts

d 
space
$4,558 | POWERFUL
never understood pseudo-bashing of Vin Diesel, he's a solid actor with a passion for seeing his often good ideas through. But im a$suming much like anything else, It's a bandwagon thing
 12-07-2013, 12:12 AMaway - #16
Mr X 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$1,940 | 10929600
2 Fast 2 Furious is the first or second best in the franchise
 12-07-2013, 01:12 AMaway - #17
metatr0n|M 232 heat pts232

d 
space
$34,940 | POWERFUL
2 fast & tokyo were good tho
 12-07-2013, 01:29 AMaway - #18
1andonlyKingP 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$9,383 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hollyfield420
Boiler Room >>>
 12-07-2013, 01:34 AMaway - #19
#JewLife 78 heat pts78

d 
space
$12,375 | POWERFUL
Tokyo Drift was ####ing terrible
 12-07-2013, 01:42 AMaway - #20
Loxy Miracles 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$11,603 | POWERFUL
stop it vin. you aint blow and had to jump back on the wagon

Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
115 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
66 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
106 comments
 NFL Espn Has To Do Something.
New reply 56 seconds ago - 94 comments - by The Boat
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 8 minutes ago - 193 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 312 comments - by Bkjj11
  Sony Emails Reveal Studio Head Wants Idris Elba For Th...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 57 comments - by weed
 Image(s) inside Godfather Fif Reacts To News Of 2 Police Officers Bein...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 148 comments - by Carlton Black
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 311 comments - by KingMahaat
 Image(s) inside Meek Mill On Bobby Shmurda Situation. (might Be Too Mu...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 74 comments - by FreeBigga
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 157 comments - by 187Proof

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,850 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.