This is BX @ Boxden.com

The Green Lantern is not black!!

The Green Lantern is not black!!
topic by Awsomeman500 - 07-17-2010, 10:36 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

serious;y.... i been seeing alot of people, mad that the green lantern is not black... for the movie.....

THE GREEN LANTERN IS NOT BLACK...

you probably thought that he was, cause of the tv show... but no he is not black.. there is only 1 black green lantern, john steward..... i think there are a couple more, but thats the most well known

but the 1 ryan Reynolds is portraying is Hal Jordan, the most well-known green lantern... and is white....

so stop with the "green lantern is black" nonsense...

Latest Movies Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

70 comments for "The Green Lantern is not black!!"

07-17-2010, 10:38 AMaway - #2
sm00vb0iiw0nder 4 heat pts

d 
space
$16,298 | POWERFUL
There are a bunch of Green Lanterns first off.

And yea I would prefer the black Lantern but its iight. Ima still watch the movie :dancingcool:
 07-17-2010, 10:39 AMaway - #3
DrizzyJT 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$6,828 | 19667029
wasn't there more than one
 07-17-2010, 10:43 AMaway - #4
JoeyTheGod 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,560 | 10771028
Wait what? U say the green lantern isn't black but than admit that there's more than one and one hapens to be black?

There is a black green lantern a white one and many alien ones
 07-17-2010, 10:56 AMaway - #5
Venom 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$12,989 | POWERFUL
dont mind them, half these guys are idiots and the first time they seen a green lantern was in a justice league cartoon.
 07-17-2010, 11:19 AMaway - #6
MosDefinition 7 heat pts

d 
space
$16,437 | POWERFUL
the thing is because of the comic book one of the least popular ones became the most popular i remember when the cartoon came out i thought they made him up like i thought they did hawk girl

comic nerds need to face the fact that in the minds of alot of people hal jordan isnt the most well know lantern

this is one of my favorite jlu moments though

YouTube - Green Lantern: Hal Jordan on JLU
 07-17-2010, 11:21 AMaway - #7
xclusive2k5 

d 
space
$3,938 | 5386533
man shut the #### up, if people want a black green lantern, let them want it, who the #### are you, arent you tired of seeing white super heroes all the time? stfu its a damn movie jesus
 07-17-2010, 11:43 AMaway - #8
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$6,563 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Awsomeman500
serious;y.... i been seeing alot of people, mad that the green lantern is not black... for the movie.....

you probably thought that he was, cause of the tv show... but no he is not black.. there is only 1 black green lantern, john steward..... i think there are a couple more, but thats the most well known

but the 1 ryan Reynolds is portraying is Hal Jordan, the most well-known green lantern... and is white....

So the Green Lantern is not black?

Originally Posted by MosDefinition
the thing is because of the comic book one of the least popular ones became the most popular i remember when the cartoon came out i thought they made him up like i thought they did hawk girl

comic nerds need to face the fact that in the minds of alot of people hal jordan isnt the most well know lantern

this is one of my favorite jlu moments though

The first time I watched that episode I straight geeked
 07-17-2010, 12:40 PMaway - #9
Ghost Terp 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$12,704 | POWERFUL
So the Green Lantern isn`t black but that other superhero named Green Lantern is black :budden:
 07-17-2010, 12:50 PMonline - #10
Marccoogs19 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$5,147 | POWERFUL
There are HUNDREDS of Green Lanterns all through the universe. They are the equivalent to a universal police force. FIVE of them were based on earth, Alan Scott, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, & the most famous of them all, Hal Jordan.. DC decided to make the movie about their most famous Lantern, so I don't have a problem with that.
 07-17-2010, 01:32 PMaway - #11
DrX 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$34,926 | POWERFUL
wow...who ever said anything about a black green lantern...did i miss a national debate...anyway i could care less but i would like to see one just so a young brother cazn get some shine...even tho most of america would watch a black GL unless their favorite token will smith played him
 07-17-2010, 02:16 PMaway - #12
killahkazi 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$4,739 | POWERFUL
sooooooooooo dude is playin booth dead pool AND the Green Lantern? Homie is getting that comic money.
 07-17-2010, 02:37 PMaway - #13
P DRILLA 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$8,053 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Marccoogs19
There are HUNDREDS of Green Lanterns all through the universe. They are the equivalent to a universal police force. FIVE of them were based on earth, Alan Scott, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, & the most famous of them all, Hal Jordan.. DC decided to make the movie about their most famous Lantern, so I don't have a problem with that.
there is no THE green lantern
 07-17-2010, 02:43 PMaway - #14
ChaosBeats 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,101 | 6495958
Originally Posted by Awsomeman500

just a angry racist geek who would get the living #### pounded out of him

Bopp you upside your head, that'll have you seeing the same color, green ,black and blue
plus you'll be seeing a couple black stars but it wont be will or denzel or that movie channel.
 07-17-2010, 02:59 PMaway - #15
jerzyboy 

d 
space
$1,687 | 2061895
threads like this should be kept to urself , no one wants to hear this bull#### , and yeah there is more than one green lantern
 07-17-2010, 03:08 PMaway - #16
Bea5T 86 heat pts86

d 
space
$17,267 | POWERFUL
Black people cry more than any other race/ethnicity
 07-17-2010, 03:15 PMaway - #17
latereg6 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$2,147 | 13577463
^^^ wtf all any black person ever said was "i thought green lantern was black"

there aren't too many blacks that even keep up with comics so the only green lantern the black people i know is the one from the cartoon

so once somebody said "this is based on another green lantern"

pretty much the responce was oh, ok....

u actin like ni##as throwin chairs and #### sayin "why they have to pick the white character"
 07-17-2010, 03:32 PMaway - #18
DrX 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$34,926 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bea5T
Black people cry more than any other race/ethnicity
every group of people on earth cry...black people can cry all they want along with everybody else......
 07-17-2010, 03:53 PMaway - #19
BoxdenSleuth 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$1,096 | 12900781
Originally Posted by xclusive2k5
man shut the #### up, if people want a black green lantern, let them want it, who the #### are you, arent you tired of seeing white super heroes all the time? stfu its a damn movie jesus
Superhero movies normally appeal to white America so a non white superhero not named Will Smith would probably be bad for business box office wise.

Highly doubt Anthony Mackie would cut it as a leading superhero character in the box office.
 07-17-2010, 04:04 PMaway - #20
Venom 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$12,989 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Marccoogs19
alan scott was never part of the green lantern corps

hal jordan is the first human in the green lantern corps

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 24 - The Top 10 most happy and un-happy cities in America
94 comments
Image inside  Michael Crabtree's New Jump-Off
70 comments
Image inside  She goes by Thick Yellowbone
193 comments
 Image(s) inside Two New Avengers: Age Of Ultron Concept Art Posters Re...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 56 comments - by whodatb1
 NBA Reports : Kevin Love To Cleveland Could Be Done By Fri...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 184 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside My Moms Sent Me This Text, Yall Folks Do This Sh-t?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 131 comments - by Affliction
  Ign Gives Guadians Of The Galaxy A 9.2/10
New reply 21 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Rawfury
 Image(s) inside Bx You Smashing Or Not???
New reply 9 minutes ago - 218 comments - by tokinjohn
 NBA Ray Allen Leaning Toward Signing With The Cavaliers
New reply 27 minutes ago - 96 comments - by Machiavelli
 NBA Joel Embiid Sets Sights On Rihanna (moves On From K. K...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Jiraiya
 NFL Justin Blackmon Arrested Again
New reply 35 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Got Cheeve?

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following and 4 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.