The 10 Best Mainstream Hero Comics of 2012
 12-12-2012, 12:16 AMonline - #41
Jumpoff21 3 heat pts

d 
space
$2,728 | 8148135
Originally Posted by Hovi Bryant
Explain why you don't read Batman?
too small scale, I just don't find him interesting at all, only thing I remotely like about him is his interaction with other heroes, especially when he gets put in his place.
 12-12-2012, 04:10 AMaway - #42
TruRoux 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$3,197 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jumpoff21
too small scale, I just don't find him interesting at all, only thing I remotely like about him is his interaction with other heroes, especially when he gets put in his place.
To small scaled? Ya kidding me right?

Dude......

Homie...... I know writers are always in favor of batman. I get that. I know the fans are always behind of him too. Batman fanboys are worse than lebron stans or the based god's choir. I know. But stop it. Stop. It.

How can you just be so openly against batman? What the #### is that about? I grew up a superman fan. When I was a kid I wanted to fly, not swing and lurk. Frank Miller made batman something different. We see it now in the modern interpretations of batman. Even Keaton was the brooding bruce wayne. Dude...Batman stay brooding. Dude is tragic. What is small scale about that?

He's just flesh and blood. I know this is drawn out in comics. Batman coined that #### tho. Not including the various pulp charactars of the golden age, batman is the longest standing human in terms of both main universes. To put in simpsons talk...if you are a human in a comic book world trying to beat the odds....chances are Batman did it first.

I could go on and on and on and on about this. But I think Batman's accomplishments(not being too writer biased in all examples) speak for themselves. Sure, superman SHOULD be able to crush batman in an instant. If written properly tho, batman does some mean ####. Tower of babel, Knightfall, Issues 1-24 of Batman/Superman, JLA(morrison/waid runs), Snyder's works(even his work with di#k as well)....it goes on and one.

Dude...Batman is the only person I know of that affected the image universe in a crossover book that stuck around for a minute.

small scale??????? I dont see how. He's as powerful as superman in his costume and as powerful as lex luthor in his business attire.

I am far from a batman jockrider....but I just couldnt let that statement slide. Its kinda like saying Reed Richards isnt THAT smart.
 12-12-2012, 04:18 AMaway - #43
TruRoux 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$3,197 | POWERFUL

I'm sorry....I wrote my response after only reading your first words being too small scale. In my haste I retorted a response without fully processing the rest of your obviously influenced rant.

You just dont like batman dude. You mad. Dont hide behind the excuse of ''too small scale''. At some point early in your comic book reading era.....Batman sonned one(or maybe several) of your favorites. Its okay, he does that to everyone.

As for....when he gets put in his place....do tell me how often these incidents occur? I only know of a small handful worth mentioning....prometheus......maybe cassandra/david cain.....once in france in a no man's land sidestory.....hmm.....the court humbled him but if u even read any of the issues you would see that no matter what you throw at him....bruce wayne is a boss.

Jack Baur is the only person I can think of that could stand a chance(street level). Not even James Bond. Maybe Daniel Craig cannon. Jason Bourne, yea. But theoretically.....none of these dudes stand a chance. Thats the main problem I had with the movies. It made you think that people actually stood a chance hand to hand against batman. Very few HUMANS should be able to lay a hand on him in combat.
 12-12-2012, 04:35 AMaway - #44
llpooh 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$1,248 | 13111999
Truroux, the moment you read the first 3 words of his post you should have just laughed him off. the dude obviously knows nothing about batman. admittedly, Im not the biggest DC or batman fan but even I know what dude said was utter ####. and all you kinda did, even though what you wrote out was true, was waste your time. you cant rationalize with an irrational person.
 12-12-2012, 08:37 AMaway - #45
chasedollaz 2 heat pts

d 
space
$526 | 2897412
Originally Posted by ImmortalGuru
but Kyle being the first to hold all of the lantern rings at 1 time and getting the greatest outfit known to man!

BOY! And now with him learning how to handle each of the rings is crazy!
so does this make Kyle Raynor the strongest being in the DC universe??? i checked out the war of the green lanterns a lil while back and that joint was meeeean, when Guy Gardner had the green and red rings at the same damn time
 12-12-2012, 11:15 AMaway - #46
ImmortalGuru 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$6,658 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by chasedollaz
so does this make Kyle Raynor the strongest being in the DC universe??? i checked out the war of the green lanterns a lil while back and that joint was meeeean, when Guy Gardner had the green and red rings at the same damn time
I would probably have to say so. War of the Green Lanterns was INSANE though, especially when John channeled that damn Black Lantern power!

But yeah, with each power ring being as powerful as it is, and now Kyle mastering EVERY one of them...he's definitely the most powerful being in the DC Universe, especially if he gets the chance to master both the Black Lantern ring and the White Lantern ring. If he can use all of those with the rest of the spectrum's.....no one in the entire DC Universe would be able to stand a chance against him.
 12-12-2012, 11:20 AMonline - #47
Hovi Bryant 228 heat pts228

d 
space
$18,361 | POWERFUL
Writers and artists make heroes who they are. Batman is being written by the best in the business right now. I suggest you read it. Funny you say that, because Batman is being put in his place right now. Issue #15 is a must buy.
 12-12-2012, 11:47 AMonline - #48
Hovi Bryant 228 heat pts228

d 
space
$18,361 | POWERFUL

Issue #15 is legit. Must buy. The art is ####ing flawless. I can't imagine any other hero being in Batman's shoes right now.
 12-12-2012, 12:46 PMaway - #49
titanreese 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$10,375 | POWERFUL
Swamp Thing was my #### back in the day.
 12-12-2012, 03:01 PMaway - #50
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$15,751 | POWERFUL
I need that comic with the Phoenix Cyclops somebody was talking about earlier.... I was so hyped for that... Dark Avengers or something like that...
 12-12-2012, 05:43 PMaway - #51
NorthNorthReppa 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,338 | 350504
Originally Posted by Hovi Bryant

Issue #15 is legit. Must buy. The art is ####ing flawless. I can't imagine any other hero being in Batman's shoes right now.
I read this thread last night and read 1-14. Picked up 15 this morning and about to read now... Also picked up the #1 Swamp Thing... Guy in the shop recomended Animal Man, never heard of him though.
 12-12-2012, 05:45 PMaway - #52
chasedollaz 2 heat pts

d 
space
$526 | 2897412
why doesn't BX have a comics section anymore?
 12-12-2012, 06:01 PMaway - #53

d 
space
$6,658 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by chasedollaz
why doesn't BX have a comics section anymore?
I was wondering the same damn thing. I've been wanting to talk about comics on here for over a year.
 12-12-2012, 06:03 PMaway - #54

d 
space
$6,658 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by OldeEnglish22oz
I need that comic with the Phoenix Cyclops somebody was talking about earlier.... I was so hyped for that... Dark Avengers or something like that...
Avengers Vs X-Men. I actually took it down once people stopped downloading it. I can def reup it if you want though.
 12-13-2012, 05:45 PMaway - #55
The Fifth KD 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,666 | 7286499
Wonder Woman is easily book of the year IMO. A very welcome surprise, especially after the fanbase ####ed on how this volume is far more dark and horror-themed than previous Wonder Woman stories/relaunches.
 12-14-2012, 12:38 AMonline - #56
Jumpoff21 3 heat pts

d 
space
$2,728 | 8148135
Originally Posted by TruRoux
To small scaled? Ya kidding me right?

Dude......

Homie...... I know writers are always in favor of batman. I get that. I know the fans are always behind of him too. Batman fanboys are worse than lebron stans or the based god's choir. I know. But stop it. Stop. It.

How can you just be so openly against batman? What the #### is that about? I grew up a superman fan. When I was a kid I wanted to fly, not swing and lurk. Frank Miller made batman something different. We see it now in the modern interpretations of batman. Even Keaton was the brooding bruce wayne. Dude...Batman stay brooding. Dude is tragic. What is small scale about that?

He's just flesh and blood. I know this is drawn out in comics. Batman coined that #### tho. Not including the various pulp charactars of the golden age, batman is the longest standing human in terms of both main universes. To put in simpsons talk...if you are a human in a comic book world trying to beat the odds....chances are Batman did it first.

I could go on and on and on and on about this. But I think Batman's accomplishments(not being too writer biased in all examples) speak for themselves. Sure, superman SHOULD be able to crush batman in an instant. If written properly tho, batman does some mean ####. Tower of babel, Knightfall, Issues 1-24 of Batman/Superman, JLA(morrison/waid runs), Snyder's works(even his work with di#k as well)....it goes on and one.

Dude...Batman is the only person I know of that affected the image universe in a crossover book that stuck around for a minute.

small scale??????? I dont see how. He's as powerful as superman in his costume and as powerful as lex luthor in his business attire.

I am far from a batman jockrider....but I just couldnt let that statement slide. Its kinda like saying Reed Richards isnt THAT smart.
that's the thing , I like heroes with powers batman is boring to me even when I was little watching the superfriends I never really cared for him. If I'm doing street level it has to be mystic or a least spiderman level. I know all about batman , I read the comics growing up saw most of the movies and I just don't care for him. I swear to god batman and X-men fans are the worst you can't say you don't like batgod or mutants without them getting all but hurt.
 12-24-2012, 07:03 PMaway - #57
5_star_smitty|m 131 heat pts131

d 
space
$35,715 | POWERFUL
thanks to this thread i've read my 1st comics in like 15 years
i downloaded all of what seems to be the latest UNCANNY X-FORCE with wolverine, deadpool, psylocke etc... as well as the 1st 4 installments of ALL NEW X-MEN where beast brings the original x-men from the past who go out to confront cyclops & magneto who are on their own revolution #### right now.

of the 2 so far i prefer the ALL NEW X-MEN

somebody fill me in on what's the latest with my ni##a CABLE? as a kid he was 1 of my favourites... which comic can i find him in that recent? does he have his own thing or is he a part of some team?

also is there another up to date x-men out there besides ALL NEW X-MEN?
started reading again & getting hooked
 12-25-2012, 02:03 PMaway - #58
5_star_smitty|m 131 heat pts131

d 
space
$35,715 | POWERFUL
no replies yet huh?
anyway, i took the liberty of also d/loading:

x-men: schism
avengers vs x-men
 12-25-2012, 02:17 PMaway - #59
llpooh 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$1,248 | 13111999
the end of avengers vs x-men is a huge letdown, bro. dont get too hyped.

x-men legacy and astonishing x-men are some other x-books you might want to check for. theres also another but even the title of it would kind of spoil one of the books you just downloaded.

Last edited by llpooh; 12-25-2012 at 02:21 PM..
 12-25-2012, 04:48 PMaway - #60
mk256dc 

d 
space
$2 | 0
Originally Posted by 5_star_smitty
thanks to this thread i've read my 1st comics in like 15 years
i downloaded all of what seems to be the latest UNCANNY X-FORCE with wolverine, deadpool, psylocke etc... as well as the 1st 4 installments of ALL NEW X-MEN where beast brings the original x-men from the past who go out to confront cyclops & magneto who are on their own revolution #### right now.

of the 2 so far i prefer the ALL NEW X-MEN

somebody fill me in on what's the latest with my ni##a CABLE? as a kid he was 1 of my favourites... which comic can i find him in that recent? does he have his own thing or is he a part of some team?

also is there another up to date x-men out there besides ALL NEW X-MEN?
started reading again & getting hooked
There is cable and x-force. The first 2 issues came out this month.
The uncanny x-force you got just ended, but a new series comes out in January. I think storm will be a part of the team and wolverine wont.
Then there is uncanny x-men which comes out February which features cyclops and magneto's story from all new x-men.

Last edited by mk256dc; 12-25-2012 at 04:59 PM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Angela Simmons WOW
114 comments
Image inside  The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 Dominates Best Sell..
70 comments
why do so many people hate indie games?
60 comments
  The "if I Got Paid A Dollar Every Time I Saw This...
New reply 41 seconds ago - 127 comments - by daddy31+2
  Sony Says Ea Access Program Isn't "good Value"
New reply 6 minutes ago - 67 comments - by d2921
 Video inside Fab And His Fake Jewelry
New reply 2 minutes ago - 106 comments - by Mutant Boy
 OT Poker Player Loses $1 Million After Incredible Bad Bea...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Lucky Lefty14
 Video inside Def Jam: Fight For Ny" Was Blazin' Out Of Control
New reply 4 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Doc Logical
 Video inside 9 Songs Used By The Cia To Torture Prisoners
New reply 9 minutes ago - 91 comments - by local celebrity
  What Artist Would You Bring Back? Max B Or Pimp C
New reply 5 minutes ago - 70 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside Free Lil Reese
New reply 11 minutes ago - 209 comments - by WizLatifa

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,741 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.