12-11-2012, 04:28 AMaway - #21
Hovi Bryant 232 heat pts232

d 
space
$19,056 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NAKHI ALLAH
Only one I agree on is aquaman.

My top 10:

1. All new x men (immonem art alone seals the deal)
2. Ultimates
3. Ultimate X men
4. Ultimate Spiderman (just love the alternate spin on the MU)
5. Earth 2
6. Teen Titans
7. Aquaman
8. A + X
9. Scarlet Spider
10. Red Hood and the Outlaws
That's a cool list, but some of your picks I can't agree with.

Teen Titans is just really random with plot, I dropped it about 8 issues in. The art is pretty decent, nothing special either.

All New X-Men and A+X are fun to read and feature great artwork, but they're 3 issues deep. I think the X-Men book is Bi-Weekly which isn't a big deal, but still isn't really a solid comparison to what's been out this year. Also Emma Frost acts like a teenage schoolgirl and hardly resembles her appearance to a degree.

Red Hood and the Outlaws...If this were just a Jason Todd book, DC would have something going here. However, I don't like the supporting cast at all. I'm amazed how Starfire can go from a dumbsl#t to someone with some class in the span of 5 issues. Plot lines aren't engaging enough to have me checking in month to month.
 12-11-2012, 05:22 AMaway - #22
Profitcy 7 heat pts

d 
space
$3,048 | 14173036
that deadpool jawn where he holdin caleb look kinda hot
 12-11-2012, 07:05 AMaway - #23

d 
space
$19,056 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jumpoff21
10. Justice League

meh nothing great has went down in this book since darkside....

9. Green Lantern

Pretty great , hal's a di#k and the best Green Lantern

8. Aquaman

LOVE THIS BOOK, Black manta is one the best and coldest villian's eveer

7. Hawkeye

Liked the first issue just because he saved and kept the dog, but can't stand kate bishop.

6. Wonder Woman
Meh tried the first few didn't stick

5. Animal Man
LOVE This book it's one of DC's Best

4. Swamp Thing

Also a great book

3. Uncanny X-Force

can't get into mutants after the 90's ...I just can't but I didnt read a few issues, nothing jumps out as great

2. Daredevil
DD the issues I have read have been great,and plus dude straight up snatch Black Cat away from spidey with no problem.

1. Batman
No comment I refuse to read any batman comics

but I'd take off X-force batman ,wonderwoman,justice league, Daredevil and Hawkeye and replace them with

Justice Leauge Dark
I Vampire
and damn I really can't think of any more
I vampire...dope book, but I don't think that coincides with my title.

Justice League Dark too...more on the meh side along with the JL book, but not really something mainstream.

You could argue my picks for Swamp Thing and Animal man, but the writing is too good and the art is great.

Explain why you don't read Batman?
 12-11-2012, 07:25 AMaway - #24
NCAT_Boi 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,458 | 7645569
that Uncanny X-Force looks tough tho!
 12-11-2012, 08:14 AMaway - #25
marx1684 

d 
space
$1,506 | 5044434
All comics mentioned in here are on point. I would throw in Harbinger, Scarlet Spider, the Venom relaunch & Saga as well. The new Venom outfit is in my avy. He gets busy.
 12-11-2012, 08:51 AMaway - #26
kiddalex 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,184 | 15783279
Fury Max is the best comic either of these companies is publishing.

You read uncanny x-force and I dare you to tell me it's not ultra rugged.
 12-11-2012, 08:52 AMaway - #27
kiddalex 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,184 | 15783279
Originally Posted by marx1684
All comics mentioned in here are on point. I would throw in Harbinger, Scarlet Spider, the Venom relaunch & Saga as well. The new Venom outfit is in my avy. He gets busy.

That Venom book is my #### too , love how dark they make Flash and all his problems . The crossover with GR and Hulk was dope.
 12-11-2012, 09:09 AMaway - #28
5_star_smitty|m 138 heat pts138

d 
space
$36,178 | POWERFUL
i haven't read a comic book in like 15 years...
but i just d/loaded whatever that cbz/cbr reader is & i'm about to see if i can d/load a few of these
 12-11-2012, 01:11 PMaway - #29
modalee 4 heat pts

d 
space
$12,276 | POWERFUL
I dont usually read new comics (Im a fan of the 80s and 90s comics) but the Xforce and the new Batman looks interesting. Animal looks intriguing as well. Might have to check these out.
 12-11-2012, 01:13 PMaway - #30
TruRoux 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$3,214 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ronin
####ty list in my humble opinion,

ton of other hero's even some villain's who deserve that top 10 spot.

John Constantine alone would PUNISH half the list if not more. and THAT's real.
MAINSTREAM ni##a

Damn.

Dope thread TS. I ####s with ya list. Woulda put wonderwoman higher than both animal and swamp thing. Tried reading them when they came out but....I dunno. I prefer animal man but I just dont have time for swamp thing.

Action Comics woulda been a better choice than Justice League IMO.

And....One more thing....I am a$suming ultimate spiderman is not mainstream....

Didnt know some of yall ####ed with comics like that though
 12-11-2012, 01:31 PMaway - #31
chasedollaz 2 heat pts

d 
space
$549 | 2897412
d/ling the whole batman series as i type this
will be checking out all of these tho
 12-11-2012, 01:41 PMaway - #32
TruRoux 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$3,214 | POWERFUL
just read the thread and it seems like its cool to throw up my top 10 list too. I see some ''mainstream'' mentions that got me a lil

so i'ma just go with my fav reads month to month.

And naki....you know only 2 issues of a + x came out. I'm wit you on that all new x-men tho.

To make it fair...I will list the 10 books I am most excited about come January.

1. Wonder Woman. Why? Thats prolly the best book yall not reading. Is continuity friendly? Nope. But just seeing where they are going with the new gods vs old gods....

2. Batman. I shouldnt even have to elaborate why.

3. Ultimate Spiderman. Dont really like where they went with the divided we fall story but hey...it keeps the chronology going over in the ultimate universe. I like the way they allow for the passage of time. This book is their unquestionable standout. If you read Spider-Men alone you would understand why.

4. Invincible/Walking Dead. These are books best read in large quantities. Kirkman CONSISTIENTLY delivers on BOTH titles. I dont watch the show. Both of his books are indescribably good...yet, some people just dont give either a chance.

5. Punisher(and war journal). Man Frank Castle is the ####. This dude has been so well written over the past year in this book that it is unbelievable. What rucka has done with punisher, a street level hero, is the most epic dramatization I have read recently. And I dont normally do the grim gritty street level thing. Unless its batman or number 6. Standout moment of the year? ''Thwip!''

6. Daredevil. Mark ####in waid. This ni##a can write. I think he could be my favorite writer...either him or morrison. What they both did on their JLA runs about 10 years ago still stands the test of time. I suspect that his run on daredevil now should do the same.

7. Green Lantern. I wont lie, #### this third army bull####. But the stories have been good when they focus on hal/sinestro. I like Baz too. Very interested in what happens next. They just need to keep the story moving quickly.

8. All Nex X-Men. This should be higher up. I just dont wanna get too excited over it. I love the way it has been handled so far, and I trust Bendis. I just....dunno....it seems a bit....xtreme in terms of comic book plausibility. Marvel dont normally allow time travel LIKE THAT. Reed richards know that. How did Jean...i mean...i thought his mind...and she couldnt even.... anyway, its up to bendis and its a good read.

9. Earth-2. This is a SOLID book. Great art and writing. Just never cared much for JSA. I'm sticking with this till it lets me down.

10. Summn new. I been tryna read those FF books. Might give hawkeye a read. I tried with winter soldier and it
 12-11-2012, 03:11 PMaway - #33

d 
space
$19,056 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TruRoux
just read the thread and it seems like its cool to throw up my top 10 list too. I see some ''mainstream'' mentions that got me a lil

so i'ma just go with my fav reads month to month.

And naki....you know only 2 issues of a + x came out. I'm wit you on that all new x-men tho.

To make it fair...I will list the 10 books I am most excited about come January.

1. Wonder Woman. Why? Thats prolly the best book yall not reading. Is continuity friendly? Nope. But just seeing where they are going with the new gods vs old gods....

2. Batman. I shouldnt even have to elaborate why.

3. Ultimate Spiderman. Dont really like where they went with the divided we fall story but hey...it keeps the chronology going over in the ultimate universe. I like the way they allow for the passage of time. This book is their unquestionable standout. If you read Spider-Men alone you would understand why.

4. Invincible/Walking Dead. These are books best read in large quantities. Kirkman CONSISTIENTLY delivers on BOTH titles. I dont watch the show. Both of his books are indescribably good...yet, some people just dont give either a chance.

5. Punisher(and war journal). Man Frank Castle is the ####. This dude has been so well written over the past year in this book that it is unbelievable. What rucka has done with punisher, a street level hero, is the most epic dramatization I have read recently. And I dont normally do the grim gritty street level thing. Unless its batman or number 6. Standout moment of the year? ''Thwip!''

6. Daredevil. Mark ####in waid. This ni##a can write. I think he could be my favorite writer...either him or morrison. What they both did on their JLA runs about 10 years ago still stands the test of time. I suspect that his run on daredevil now should do the same.

7. Green Lantern. I wont lie, #### this third army bull####. But the stories have been good when they focus on hal/sinestro. I like Baz too. Very interested in what happens next. They just need to keep the story moving quickly.

8. All Nex X-Men. This should be higher up. I just dont wanna get too excited over it. I love the way it has been handled so far, and I trust Bendis. I just....dunno....it seems a bit....xtreme in terms of comic book plausibility. Marvel dont normally allow time travel LIKE THAT. Reed richards know that. How did Jean...i mean...i thought his mind...and she couldnt even.... anyway, its up to bendis and its a good read.

9. Earth-2. This is a SOLID book. Great art and writing. Just never cared much for JSA. I'm sticking with this till it lets me down.

10. Summn new. I been tryna read those FF books. Might give hawkeye a read. I tried with winter soldier and it
That's a dope list. I'm not too big on the ultimate universe since some of the big names that wrote the books have shifted over to the main Marvel Universe. It does provide way for a fresh crop of writers to pin their mark, but I loved Spider-Men. That was a heartfelt series out of the blue. Not to mention the spectacular art for it as well.

FF #1 has a slow starting issue, but holy #### that art is amazing. The writing is equally good, but it depends on what exactly you want from it. It has a lot of heart in it IMO.
 12-11-2012, 03:13 PMaway - #34
llpooh 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$1,259 | 13112000
Best program to read .cbr/z's with
 12-11-2012, 04:00 PMaway - #35
luv4music 7 heat pts

d 
space
$11,183 | POWERFUL
Jonathan Hickman's run that just finished on Fantastic 4 and FF is one of the best group of comics I've ever read

Detective Comics is Batman at his absolute best, #### got me back into Batman in a serious way

Iron Man has been dope and just rebooted, as did Incredible Hulk which has found a new way to access an abused character

The new Captain America looks like it has legs too
 12-11-2012, 04:04 PMaway - #36
ImmortalGuru 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$6,760 | POWERFUL
So everyone seems to be sleeping on Green Lantern: New Guardians which I have to say is one of the best stories to come out in a long time. I never thought I'd say this, but Kyle Rayner is BY FAR the best Green Lantern to exist. Don't get me wrong, I love Hal Jordan(although he's about to be the greatest Black Lantern to exist) and John Stewart (since he was able to destroy a whole planet by himself.) but Kyle being the first to hold all of the lantern rings at 1 time and getting the greatest outfit known to man!

BOY! And now with him learning how to handle each of the rings is crazy!

But yeah, New Guardians really needs to be on this list.

Surprised Detective Comics isn't on this list either.

Avengers Vs X-Men was great, but it was too cluttered so I understand it not being on the list. Series was still great though.

But yeah, I'mma have to get back on that Aquaman. Didn't realize it got this good after the 3rd issue(which is where I stopped.). Def gonna have to hit up Planet Comics tomorrow and pick some joints up(or of course get on kick a$s t's and get it too. ^_^)
 12-11-2012, 05:25 PMaway - #37
Ronfrenchie 71 heat pts71

d 
space
$202 | POWERFUL
Aquaman was definitely one of the best I read this year along with Resurrection Man and the $uicide Squad. Batman was also dope, the story was well put together.
 12-11-2012, 06:30 PMaway - #38
Shakezula714 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,952 | POWERFUL
great comics being posted in here...gonna check some out
 12-11-2012, 06:35 PMaway - #39
Neohuey89 

d 
space
$1,755 | 4769729
Originally Posted by hitman80v2.0
I been collecting for 22 years. Spend about $60 every 2 week on books. I co-sign all of them BUT.......... Uncanny X-Force is about to start over fresh with a reboot. I think it still will be a good read because this new team is going to be led by Cyclops son Cable again just like when the book very first started.
There's 2 X-Force books now. Cable & The X-Force and Uncanny X-Force. I think the cable one brings back the OG setting and Uncanny will continue the theme it had.
 12-11-2012, 11:13 PMaway - #40
R Dot 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,303 | 5899399
Jennifer Blood

B.P.R.D.

The Boys (Even tho it just finished)

Ultimates/Ultimate Spider Man

Batman

The Walking Dead

These my favorites right now!

Last edited by R Dot; 12-11-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Bills center Eric Wood says NFL teams are avoiding signi..
67 comments
NFL Alex Smith got paid
53 comments
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
72 comments
 Article inside Floyd Mayweather Sr: 50 Cent Should Fight My Son, That...
New reply 1 minute ago - 223 comments - by yo0123yo
  Whats The Worst Movie You've Ever Watched?
New reply 41 minutes ago - 138 comments - by DominationCM
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 4 minutes ago - 371 comments - by AlienGod
 NFL Rank The Qbs In Your Teams Division
New reply 1 hour ago - 58 comments - by TalonPayne921
 Image(s) inside Saw This Sh-t On The News Today...i Went To High Schoo...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 67 comments - by bunnz17
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 1 hour ago - 127 comments - by PotheadFocker
 Video inside This Just In: Hitman Holla Was In A Bad Car Accident
New reply 41 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Guvnor
 NFL No Bias: Cam, Kaep Or Rivers?
New reply 2 hours ago - 64 comments - by b_eazy

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.