This is BX @ Boxden.com

See the Real Models for the Archer Characters

See the Real Models for the Archer Characters
23 topic by s7venwords - 02-12-2013, 06:41 AM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

By Matt Thompson

If you thought Chris Parnell was the model for his nebbish Archer character, Cyril, you’d be wrong. Cyril is actually the two-dimensional incarnation of well-hung Atlanta restaurateur Stuart Fierman, a friend of Archer executive producer Matt Thompson. In fact, when the producers first asked their animators to develop the show’s characters, they handed over pictures of a ragtag group of friends of the show and fellow animators that they wanted to use as physical guideposts: Lana is a Hooters waitress from whom Thompson once ordered hot wings, and Archer is, of course, a former model. Thompson gave us the inside story about each of the show’s muses and showed the real-life inspirations side by side with their ISIS doppelgängers.

CHARACTER: Sterling Archer, superspy

MODEL: Jason Fitzgerald, professional photographer/former model

VOICE ACTOR: H. Jon Benjamin

Out of all of our characters, Archer looks the least like the actor voicing him. H. Jon has some funny things to say about how people tell him that the show is ruined for them once they’ve seen his face. We even did a video based around this idea for the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival. The gist of it was that Archer is in a terrible accident and when he wakes up in a hospital bed, his roguish good looks are gone. He looks like the real-life H. Jon, and his world is irrevocably changed.

Jason Fitzgerald has gotten the most mileage out of modeling for us. His friends even use his casting on the show as a pick-up line at bars. Archer makes the best wingman, even when he’s not there. Just knowing him is a panty-dropper. Jason was even asked to audition to play Archer for a convention once because he looks so much like him.
Photo: Floyd County Productions

CHARACTER: Malory Archer, head of ISIS and Archer’s mother

MODEL: Kathleen Cohen, local Atlanta actress

VOICE ACTOR: Jessica Walter

We did not use Jessica — first, because we didn’t want to bother her with having to pose for a bunch of pictures. Both Adam and I consider her something akin to acting royalty. We knew we were extremely lucky to have her, and we didn’t want to abuse her time. When the show launched, we really didn’t know her like we do now. Now we know she is not only extremely gracious with her time, but up for almost anything. In hindsight, I think she would have gotten a hoot out of posing.

Additionally, Malory does look similar to Jessica, but I think Malory is more extreme-looking. When you see Jessica, especially in person, you realize what a beautiful woman she is. We wanted Malory to look a little meaner and a little more pissed off.

CHARACTER: Lana Kane, superspy and thorn in Archer’s side

BODY MODEL: Kynyetta Lester, beautiful wing-slinger

VOICE ACTOR: Aisha Tyler

Aisha Tyler is gorgeous, but she also is the busiest person I know. She could not fit us into her schedule until June 2014. So we had to cast someone else.

For [series creator] Adam Reed’s birthday a couple of years back, we went to a Monster Truck Rally because, why the hell not? Afterward, we went to Hooters to grab some wings, and our waitress Kynyetta was ... shapely. So we decided to do the office a favor and cast her as Lana’s body model. For illustration reference, we take pictures of the models doing stuff here every day; it’s all pretty normal. But then there are those days when beautiful women dress up in tight clothes. There are also those days when ripped guys take off their shirts to show their eight-packs, but I tend to focus on the former. Now you know the real reason why Lana seems to somehow lose her top at some point every season.

CHARACTER: Cyril Figgis, ISIS comptroller and sometimes field agent

MODEL: Stuart Fierman, director of operations, Fifth Group Restaurants

VOICE ACTOR: Chris Parnell

Cyril and Chris Parnell look a lot alike, so most people a$sume he was the model. In truth, the model was a friend of mine who runs a group of great restaurants in Atlanta. The staffs of these restaurants are all hip to Stuart’s involvement and will frequently high-five him after an episode airs in which he bangs Lana.

One of the things Cyril is most known for is having a giant [..]. This is a direct result of our experience taking photographs of Stuart. It is a wonder that either of them can walk around without tripping over themselves. My secret wish is to get Chris down to Atlanta and have dinner with him at one of Stuart’s restaurants. I want to see Stuart move his mouth while Chris talks, and also to have Stuart comp the dinner. Because I am super cheap. See the $1 Stuart got for his pictures.

CHARACTER: Cheryl Tunt, Malory’s secretary and psychotic heiress

MODEL: Siobhan Price, writer/producer of Adult Swim–sponsored promotions

VOICE ACTOR: Judy Greer

Siobhan is friends with many people on our staff, having worked for Adult Swim in Atlanta. She is currently in production on a pilot she created for them, which is probably more exciting to her than being the face of a beautiful yet insane cartoon woman. Even if that woman is voiced by the equally beautiful and considerably less insane Judy Greer.

Cheryl Tunt is a nut job in a lot of respects, but the one kink people mostly a$sociate with her is her love of choke secks. And unfortunately it is this question that is most frequently posed to Siobhan: “Cheryl likes autoerotic asphyxiation. How about you?” Again, this brings about feelings of guilt on our part. And for all of this trouble she was paid $1 by the production. More guilt.
More at:
See the Real Models for the Archer Characters -- Vulture

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

16 comments for "See the Real Models for the Archer Characters"

02-12-2013, 07:29 AMaway - #2
One-O-One 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,150 | 14423234
Cool

that's some cool insight
 02-12-2013, 12:08 PMonline - #3
Marccoogs19 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$4,393 | POWERFUL
 02-12-2013, 01:32 PMaway - #4
Danger Zone 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$14,873 | POWERFUL
I've only seen bits and pieces of an episode but from what I've seen the show is funny as hell
 02-13-2013, 12:48 AMaway - #5
turntabledj 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,302 | 6632380
show is hilarious... both lana's could get this work too
 02-13-2013, 02:52 AMaway - #6
Noriega 

d 
space
$70 | 503
Son i am disappoint with lana's model. thought she would be hotter.
Impressed with cheryl's model tho.

In the end they could both get the biz though
 02-13-2013, 03:03 AMaway - #7
Isiah61 2 heat pts

d 
space
$7,766 | POWERFUL
Cheryl
 02-13-2013, 06:08 AMaway - #8
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,245 | 14837843
Originally Posted by Marccoogs19
That's way better. I just knew lana was going to be bad and then I saw the first pic

Cheryl, the animated and real life character, can get the strokes tho
 02-13-2013, 08:24 AMaway - #9
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$26,692 | POWERFUL
cartoon lana head on real lana body
 02-13-2013, 10:05 AMaway - #10
mrfreak76 424 heat pts424

d 
space
$4,574 | POWERFUL
Lana is Anal spelled backwards
 02-13-2013, 10:27 AMaway - #11
AJtheGreat 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$12,788 | POWERFUL
Neat
 02-13-2013, 10:36 AMaway - #12
TiestoFriendly 4 heat pts

d 
space
$9,325 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mrfreak76
Lana is Anal spelled backwards
 02-13-2013, 02:37 PMaway - #13
The Velvet Fog 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$2,373 | 16297516

02-13-2013, 02:41 PMaway - #14
Deniro732 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,211 | POWERFUL
dope!!
 02-13-2013, 05:25 PMaway - #15
5_star_smitty|m 103 heat pts103

d 
space
$33,349 | POWERFUL
where's Pam, or even my nicca Woodhouse?
 02-13-2013, 08:52 PMonline - #16
Jersey732 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,250 | 16031751
Originally Posted by 5_star_smitty
where's Pam, or even my nicca Woodhouse?
 02-14-2013, 08:53 AMaway - #17
UnoShawty1 

d 
space
$197 | 315522
Aisha Tyler the voice of Lana can get it tho!!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
92 comments
Worst movie endings
53 comments
If they rebooted "White Men Can't Jump"
63 comments
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 222 comments - by JordanWest86
 Article inside Lil Boosie Will Be Releasing His Next Album July 15th,...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 58 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'most Beautiful'
New reply 3 minutes ago - 73 comments - by SM
 NBA Bradley Beal Says Fu-k Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
New reply 9 minutes ago - 98 comments - by bridouble
 Video inside [chi Wire] The School System
New reply 3 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Stillhyphy
 Image(s) inside Verizon Aint Playin O O
New reply 10 minutes ago - 68 comments - by ATLDOPEBOI18
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 90 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 15 minutes ago - 80 comments - by AngOmusic93

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,648 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.