This is BX @ Boxden.com


Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read


 Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read
 12-27-2012, 10:33 AMaway - #161
DJHoove 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$269 | 1318594
People are people everyone is entitled to an opinion...and we all know spike always has something to say when someone else does a controversial black movie that doesnt involve him...let be honest
 12-27-2012, 10:34 AMaway - #162
MADIA 

  d 
space
$1,238 | 3365796
Originally Posted by dman 4901
you cant tell art what to do huh .....

unless you are white then you can do with it what you want just like the history books in school,the news on tv ect

miss me with that, why yall think dave chappelle left 50 millon on the table an bounced

oh but the news said he was crazy

let dave try an pull that "you can't tell art what to do" line on the white dudes who own the network they gonna be like

its crazy how fake people are in this so called real world
the immense amount of editing and smileys you added didnt help make your idiotic points any more sane. good try tho
 12-27-2012, 10:38 AMaway - #163
Fameus 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,928 | 6014895
You may not be able to "tell art what to do" but you also cant tell me im not allowed to be offended by this. Do i think that there would be outcry if there was a movie with prejudice remarks about gays or jews or women damn right. Whats the last movie you saw where they treated women or gays or jews like #### ? That is a BIG part of history and is still occurring .
 12-27-2012, 10:38 AMaway - #164
Demac 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,286 | 4169843
Originally Posted by SteveBoogie
None of you black kids were deprived of any religion or culture or water fountain or bus privileges. Stop ####ing crying and realize that not only have all your slave ancestors been dead for over 100 years, but get this, so are all the plantation owners! It's not your battle, you glass jaws. Quit feeling sorry for yourselves and get over it. You will never escape this "prison" the evil white man has "put you in" as long as you're on the pity pot.
I know for a fact you won't say this out loud in a heavily African American populated area. We were taught Christianity,given the last name of our slave owners, and deprived of our rights up until 50 years ago (Jim crow "ended" in the 60's). We were robbed of our history, and basically been told "you ain't ####" since we have been in America. And you suggest we just "get over it"? Forget our past and move on? Only a fool would do that. I suggest you tighten up on your history before you speak again.
 12-27-2012, 10:40 AMaway - #165
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

  d 
space
$8,504 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cheeze
at people co-signing that stupidity right there
Why you think it took kendrick lamar to start talking about the recipe (WEEDWoman and weather), and he doesnt even smoke, and swimming pools full of liquor (which lowers inhibition) to get radio play... White people love when black people head to self destruction because we dont know who we are... When you have a knowledge of your self and love your self, you do anything to perserve yourself... And this can be seen in Roots. Kunta knew who he was, he was not a slave, but all the other slaves lost their knowledge of themselves so they couldnt understand why he was willing to risk his life to be free again. They made fun of him for talking about africa and dreaming of being free, they didnt want to provide for themselves, they got everything from their master. He taught his daughter who taught her son about the truth of their people and they stood out from the rest of the blacks, from slavery all the way tell today. Because they knew they was more then what the white man made them out to be, they knew they was once kings and queens and had selfrespect which in turn made them demand respect from others. First thing of accepting and knowing ones self is depending on no one but yourself. You provide all that you need for yourself. Now days things still havent changed, we rely on these white people to tell us what we like and how we should dress, and how we think. Why do you think white people have such a diverse taste in music, there genres trecend anything alot of black youth can understand cause all we got is "RAP/HIP HOP" and that isnt even ours.
 12-27-2012, 10:44 AMaway - #166
GodsFavorite 61 heat pts61

  d 
space
$5,337 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
I'm perfectly willing to take back everything I said if you can provide evidence that refutes it.
Because you are providing examples of a market that black people are responsible for maintaining. Don't buy the products and they won't make them
 12-27-2012, 10:45 AMaway - #167
The S-Word 

  d 
space
$2,540 | 11191645
To put it simply, #### the movie at this point--Tarantino knew that the minute he got a bunch of Uncle Tom black actors to co-sign him saying 'N!gger' like there's no tomorrow, he wouldn't have to worry about anything from blacks or whites, as his position in Hollywood ensured that his white colleagues & fellow entertainers would find every justification on Earth for him to use 'N!gger' in his works, something whites have always did in racial matters (Large numbers of them sticking together/having each others' backs). Spike's main issue with the film seems to be that a white director who delights in using 'N!gger' any and everywhere he can is the last person who should be directing a movie about slavery, especially when black directors would have a much harder time trying to do the same (And we won't even mention what would happen if a black director would want to make a movie about any 'white' atrocity throughout history--No, we won't even go there).

But anyway, my biggest problem with the issue as a whole is that it's little more than another example of: 1) People (Mainly whites) thinking that because a mixed, light-skinned man is in office that America (And, by extension, Western society) magically became some kind of 'racial utopia' overnight (Hence Obama's a$sertion(s) that 'We're living in a post-racial society--' Yeah, keep telling yourself that while reading all the racist Twitter & other Internet comments about you and while non-black racists depict you as everything from a Monkey to a Witch Doctor and no one has a problem with it, but I digress), and 2) The aforementioned fantasy of Western society being a 'racial utopia' therefore making many whites in entertainment (i.e. the guys behind South Park, Family Guy & The Cleveland Show, Robot Chicken, and even The Simpsons, which usually shies away from racial issues, among other shows) think they can not only speak on anti-black racism (A system that was created to and still benefit(s) whites and whites only), but joke about it and, as Scouser said, tell blacks how they should feel about racism, something they (whites) will never have to go through. Yes, 'art is art (I, as an artist, know this better than most),' but sometimes the issue isn't so much with the art, but with the artist. So all you super-defensive whites in this thread need to 'Get Over' that. As a matter of fact, unless what's being said in this thread applies to you (Translation: You're racist against blacks), why are you getting so mad and defensive in the first place?
 12-27-2012, 10:46 AMaway - #168
Cheeze 483 heat pts483

  d 
space
$30,499 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
I'm perfectly willing to take back everything I said if you can provide evidence that refutes it.
where is your proof that the only avenue for black rappers is to make explicit rap degrading their own culture? cause there's a #### ton of other black artists that DON'T do that and have become popular and have large fanbases as well. it was a blanket claim that was incorrect,

and did you really try to imply companies are the reason people value shoes so much? regardless of how much they cost? so they're so brainwashed they can't control themselves from buying a pair of overpriced shoes? because society forces them to value a shoe?

EDIT


Originally Posted by Matt504
I'm perfectly willing to take back everything I said if you can provide evidence that refutes it.
Originally Posted by GodsFavorite
Because you are providing examples of a market that black people are responsible for maintaining. Don't buy the products and they won't make them
^^^but society makes them value them so much....so they MUST buy them.....
 12-27-2012, 10:53 AMaway - #169
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

  d 
space
$8,504 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GodsFavorite
Because you are providing examples of a market that black people are responsible for maintaining. Don't buy the products and they won't make them
White people but majority of the albums... we bootleg it


only albums i have bought were Nas, KRIT, and a missy album
 12-27-2012, 10:55 AMonline - #170
halfadash 67 heat pts67

  d 
space
$1,228 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by The S-Word
To put it simply, #### the movie at this point--Tarantino knew that the minute he got a bunch of Uncle Tom black actors to co-sign him saying 'N!gger' like there's no tomorrow, he wouldn't have to worry about anything from blacks or whites, as his position in Hollywood ensured that his white colleagues & fellow entertainers would find every justification on Earth for him to use 'N!gger' in his works, something whites have always did in racial matters (Large numbers of them sticking together/having each others' backs). Spike's main issue with the film seems to be that a white director who delights in using 'N!gger' any and everywhere he can is the last person who should be directing a movie about slavery, especially when black directors would have a much harder time trying to do the same (And we won't even mention what would happen if a black director would want to make a movie about any 'white' atrocity throughout history--No, we won't even go there).

But anyway, my biggest problem with the issue as a whole is that it's little more than another example of: 1) People (Mainly whites) thinking that because a mixed, light-skinned man is in office that America (And, by extension, Western society) magically became some kind of 'racial utopia' overnight (Hence Obama's a$sertion(s) that 'We're living in a post-racial society--' Yeah, keep telling yourself that while reading all the racist Twitter & other Internet comments about you and while non-black racists depict you as everything from a Monkey to a Witch Doctor and no one has a problem with it, but I digress), and 2) The aforementioned fantasy of Western society being a 'racial utopia' therefore making many whites in entertainment (i.e. the guys behind South Park, Family Guy & The Cleveland Show, Robot Chicken, and even The Simpsons, which usually shies away from racial issues, among other shows) think they can not only speak on anti-black racism (A system that was created to and still benefit(s) whites and whites only), but joke about it and, as Scouser said, tell blacks how they should feel about racism, something they (whites) will never have to go through. Yes, 'art is art (I, as an artist, know this better than most),' but sometimes the issue isn't so much with the art, but with the artist. So all you super-defensive whites in this thread need to 'Get Over' that. As a matter of fact, unless what's being said in this thread applies to you (Translation: You're racist against blacks), why are you getting so mad and defensive in the first place?
 12-27-2012, 10:56 AMaway - #171
.amberlamps. 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$24,997 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker
Oh I'm a$suming South Texas so you must be a taco eater...yeah some of yall motha####as always tryna slide yall wet a$ses in a race convo concerning black and white relations. And for some reason find ya a$ses taking up for the whites who really don't want anything to do w/ yall but for you all to keep up w/ the lawn w/ a smile

And I find it funny most non-blacks agree w/ each other yet most blacks in here agree w/ each other

See race relations will never get better on this planet. Cuz majority of you white folks don't even try to understand black ppl. You just take on the same ignorance of our culture as your ancestors did. Just because you listen to rap and laugh at a black comic I know you think you're not racist. But it's obvious you have a superiority complex when compared to other ppl of color. It's the Amerikkkan way baby. That way of thinking consumes you. It consumes us as black ppl.

The same relations that went on during the times of slavery still exist to this day. This thread is living proof of that.
we all love tacos though don't you?
 12-27-2012, 11:01 AMaway - #172
JayHovMan 8 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,960 | 11428438
my problem is that all his movies have a scene where somebody is usin the word ****** repeatedly to the point where it just feels excessive and unnatural and unnecessary ... It's like he loves to hear that word or somethin like its an obsession... I never really liked that ####
 12-27-2012, 11:02 AMaway - #173
WMYakballzWM 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,439 | 0
if i was black and someone called me a ni##a every sentence if drop kick him in the face.. how do black people care soo much about a single word, yet they call each other it every chance they get.... am i wrong to say that the n word was given to black people by slave owners? so why is it accepted to but an a at the end of it and justify using it while talking to your friends... thats why i have no sympathy for this word or the people who get offended... BLACK PEOPLE CALL EACH OTHER THE N WORD ALL THE TIME I HEAR IT 500 TIMES A DAY WHERE I LIVE AND I JUST SHAKE MY HEAD BECAUSE OF ALL THE IGNORANCE.. when will people smarten up and put taht word to rest.
 12-27-2012, 11:04 AMonline - #174
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$31,216 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cheeze
where is your proof that the only avenue for black rappers is to make explicit rap degrading their own culture? cause there's a #### ton of other black artists that DON'T do that and have become popular and have large fanbases as well. it was a blanket claim that was incorrect,

and did you really try to imply companies are the reason people value shoes so much? regardless of how much they cost? so they're so brainwashed they can't control themselves from buying a pair of overpriced shoes? because society forces them to value a shoe?

EDIT






^^^but society makes them value them so much....so they MUST buy them.....
if u really have to ask tha question then its clear u know nothin of these industries.steven spielberg had to finance red tails himself because hollywood wouldnt fund a big budget black action movie.so if spielberg had this issue,i hope that,that example can provide a bit of scope witout havin to go into extreme detail
 12-27-2012, 11:08 AMaway - #175
GetuOne 73 heat pts73

  d 
space
$4,398 | POWERFUL
God, I love BX.
 12-27-2012, 11:08 AMaway - #176
PimPtasicPat 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$505 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Scouser
No, dont back peddle now...

You Implied that Samuel Jackson may have possibly told QT to use the word N*****

Now why would you think that?
Is it because Tarantino is really good friends with a super cool black dude?
So Cool, that he would be like - Its OK, Q, go ahead and say the N word more, Beat Black People in the head with that word. They wont Care when they see that me and You are Good Buddies.

Ridiculous ^^^ right?
Yet, What do you think your thinking reflects when you say something like that?
Its almost like You want to Justify Tarantino's Racism throughout the movie

lol you're trying to make a point on the justification of racism on a movie that is based off of one mans take on slavery. I simply read an article that said Samuel told him to talk like a black person (not use the n word) on that BET interview. I even posted an article from the past that shows he doesn't talk like that. So my opinion after reading that article and watching that interview was, I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel L told him to incorporate the n word more in the movie. These are actors. Controversy brings an audience. Audience brings money. The big picture here isn't about my thought process. You say "Tarantinos racism" like he is racist. Have you even seen the movie?
 12-27-2012, 11:14 AMaway - #177
Cheeze 483 heat pts483

  d 
space
$30,499 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by r.burgundy
if u really have to ask tha question then its clear u know nothin of these industries.steven spielberg had to finance red tails himself because hollywood wouldnt fund a big budget black action movie.so if spielberg had this issue,i hope that,that example can provide a bit of scope witout havin to go into extreme detail
I'm talking about artists as in rappers/musicians because that's the example the other guy used

that's where money is being spent, there's plenty of funding available if you want to rap about SHOOTING a ni##a, and the different ways to shoot a ni##a, and how to treat Black women like dogs, and how to "#### another ni##as ####" or "take a ni##a ####", or "sell a brick" or "lose 77 bricks" or "pop a Molly" or "#### a stripper" or "swear I like to #### I got a ####ing habit"

our so called ####ing "culture" is nothing more than what a handful of corporations decide it will be at any given time.


if you really have to interject and then reply using something that wasn't discussed then it's clear you don't know how to comprehend what was being brought up.

Last edited by Cheeze; 12-27-2012 at 11:16 AM..
 12-27-2012, 11:20 AMaway - #178
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

  d 
space
$8,504 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JayHovMan
my problem is that all his movies have a scene where somebody is usin the word ****** repeatedly to the point where it just feels excessive and unnatural and unnecessary ... It's like he loves to hear that word or somethin like its an obsession... I never really liked that ####
k!ll bill 1 & 2...
Resviour (sp?) Doggs
dusk til dawn...

Dont think any of those movies utter the word ni##a in it...
 12-27-2012, 11:20 AMonline - #179
halfadash 67 heat pts67

  d 
space
$1,228 | POWERFUL
11 pages......God help us all if DiCaprio wins an Oscar...I can only imagine the discussion for someone winning for playing a "plantation owner"

Originally Posted by datVAkid
Kill bill 1 & 2...
Resviour (sp?) Doggs
dusk til dawn...

Dont think any of those movies utter the word ni##a in it...
i think Mr. Pink says something like "your all acting like a bunch of nigge*s"....when a whole bunch of them are arguing in the safehouse.

Last edited by halfadash; 12-27-2012 at 11:27 AM..
 12-27-2012, 11:21 AMaway - #180
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

  d 
space
$8,504 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WMYakballzWM
if i was black and someone called me a ni##a every sentence if drop kick him in the face.. how do black people care soo much about a single word, yet they call each other it every chance they get.... am i wrong to say that the n word was given to black people by slave owners? so why is it accepted to but an a at the end of it and justify using it while talking to your friends... thats why i have no sympathy for this word or the people who get offended... BLACK PEOPLE CALL EACH OTHER THE N WORD ALL THE TIME I HEAR IT 500 TIMES A DAY WHERE I LIVE AND I JUST SHAKE MY HEAD BECAUSE OF ALL THE IGNORANCE.. when will people smarten up and put taht word to rest.
no you wouldnt

and you just dont understand and white people cant understand not understanding something

also there is a difference between to, too, two... same sound but one letter changes the whole meaning

They, their, there... same thing

a letter can mean alot... just like how hi and his are two different words with two different meaning one letter difference...

Last edited by datVAkid; 12-27-2012 at 11:24 AM..
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
But Wait, There's More! Sprint Unveils New $60 Unlimited Everyt..
88 comments
Aug 20 - Boy, 9 IN CHICAGO SHOT TO DEATH
105 comments
Aug 21 - Star Witness In Michael Brown Shooting Charged With Th..
69 comments
 Image(s) inside Lil Zane And The L He Recently Took :jayhah3:
New reply 1 minute ago - 59 comments - by OG Killa
 Video inside Talib Kweli On Cnn Going Innnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
New reply 3 minutes ago - 104 comments - by sportyloc107
 Video inside Soulja Boy Message To Gillie Da Kid "knock You Ou...
New reply 1 minute ago - 55 comments - by akverse47
 Image(s) inside Best Looking Video Game Console Ever?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 83 comments - by Kierris24
 Image(s) inside Biggie’s Son Denies He’s Gay, Hints That He "gets...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside The Breakfast Club Ethers Floyd Mayweather As He Strug...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 296 comments - by MajorD
 Image(s) inside The Division Xbox One Demo At Gamescom Impression: Not...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Pleasure Boy
 Image(s) inside Watching "breaking Bad" Over Again... This I...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Sphynx

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.