This is BX @ Boxden.com

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read
 12-27-2012, 06:53 AMonline - #121
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by unotready
buddy, my point is, Jews were not citizens of Europe and lived in ghettos, just as Black Americans faced the same issues. Cool your horses. I didn't try to equate any detailed complexities of the two plights. The Jewish problem was a HUGE issue and led to the holocaust that you just spoke of. Anyways, this isn't about Jews. I did not want to derail this thread. I just wanted to bring light towards anyone who may have said anything bad about Jews since Sarah Silverman is a Jew.

Aside from that, ya'll can continue to speak on the topic at hand. Just know, she as a Jew feels more comfortable to speak like this because she knows her people have gone through a victimized and oppressive past by White Christians just as Blacks have. A White Anglo Saxon Ameican wouldn't dare to speak out or say anything like what Sarah said lol.
awww poor her, Hollywood stay ####ing with jews. You got to be joking. If you even say anything remotely derogatory about jews in music or film, your project is getting shut down basically or severely censored
 12-27-2012, 06:58 AMaway - #122
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$26,692 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SteveBoogie
None of you black kids were deprived of any religion or culture or water fountain or bus privileges. Stop ####ing crying and realize that not only have all your slave ancestors been dead for over 100 years, but get this, so are all the plantation owners! It's not your battle, you glass jaws. Quit feeling sorry for yourselves and get over it. You will never escape this "prison" the evil white man has "put you in" as long as you're on the pity pot.
ahhh yes...the typical bx get over it post
 12-27-2012, 06:58 AMaway - #123
Msirae Faythung 164 heat pts164

d 
space
$5,128 | POWERFUL
People would really prefer if the word was stricken from all forms of entertainment? The movie is set during the period of slavery, of course they're gonna use the word.
 12-27-2012, 07:03 AMaway - #124
cbjones 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$8,333 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jpebenito
How is that attacking Spike Lee? She even says "she loves spike" and they were "just talking about school daze."

You wanna know why you don't see kike in anything?

Don't get mad at me, I'm just being real here. It's because Jews aren't keeping the word "KIKE" alive. You don't hear jews calling other jews "kikes."

I hear "ni##a" all the time in music, movies, high schools, colleges, ####ing everywhere. If you don't want a word to be so commonplace then it shouldn't be used period. It can't be exclusive.

So you can either be mad at the word and stop using it, or you can just consider it bastardized and accept it.
This argument makes too much sense for the most prideful members of the black community to take heed.

You got people running around saying they can use it, and take the negative power out of the word. Isolation, and allowing it to remain dormant, instead of stoking the flame continuously, is the only effective way to stop an inferno
 12-27-2012, 07:04 AMaway - #125
sm00vb0iiw0nder 4 heat pts

d 
space
$16,411 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Msirae
People would really prefer if the word was stricken from all forms of entertainment? The movie is set during the period of slavery, of course they're gonna use the word.
Common sense lol at people getting uppity about it
 12-27-2012, 07:05 AMonline - #126
Loxy Miracles 8 heat pts

d 
space
$10,531 | POWERFUL
I ain't mad at film god
 12-27-2012, 07:13 AMonline - #127
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,794 | POWERFUL
I have no problem with the word being used in the movie. I just find it annoying comparing jews and blacks. The word kike and ****** etc. I don't know why people are so infatuated with the word ******. You got other word such as spic, kike, cracker, chink, etc. but for some reason only one word gets so much "love"
 12-27-2012, 07:25 AMaway - #128
youdug 153 heat pts153

d 
space
$3,498 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by carltouss619
I have no problem with the word being used in the movie. I just find it annoying comparing jews and blacks. The word kike and ****** etc. I don't know why people are so infatuated with the word ******. You got other word such as spic, kike, cracker, chink, etc. but for some reason only one word gets so much "love"
None of you have ever heard a white person irl call a black person this word. Simple as that. Theres no ####in cool points or whatever you ignorant ####in people think. Im white. Have been for 27 years. And i have never heard a white person insult a black person in front of me with that word. So if there is some conspiracy, please fill me in. The ####in word gets no love and theres no infatuation. Its almost like you all want to be called it. Im not saying all black people, just the aluminum foil hat wearing ones on here.
 12-27-2012, 07:40 AMaway - #129
Sean McDevitt 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,649 | 14701323
i like sarah
 12-27-2012, 07:43 AMonline - #130
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,794 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by youduglas
None of you have ever heard a white person irl call a black person this word. Simple as that. Theres no ####in cool points or whatever you ignorant ####in people think. Im white. Have been for 27 years. And i have never heard a white person insult a black person in front of me with that word. So if there is some conspiracy, please fill me in. The ####in word gets no love and theres no infatuation. Its almost like you all want to be called it. Im not saying all black people, just the aluminum foil hat wearing ones on here.
Classic example of a white person thinking it's ALL ABOUT HIM. Oh why of course YOU (because if you didn't see it of course IT COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED) haven't heard a white person insult a Black person,what am I thinking for even seconding guessing massaaa, case close and shut. Yessssaaa massaaa yoouuuusss rigght because you're word is 100% truth.
 12-27-2012, 07:47 AMaway - #131
S|S 

d 
space
$11,590 | POWERFUL
if Spike had a hand in making the film, then this would be a non-issue...
 12-27-2012, 07:49 AMaway - #132
iThink 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,936 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NorthNorthReppa
My son's mother is black. I'm white. Get the #### over that word being used in a movie though.

I mean seriously, someone gets k!lled in a movie, someone gets k!lled in real life. It has happened, is happening, and will happen again. Are we going to outlaw that in film even though its horrible? No. #### no. Take notes young soap box children.
that doesn't validate your opinion. the fact that you had s3x with a black woman and produced a child does not grant you exceptionalism. the fact that you feel like it does makes you look ####ing stupid and had you presented your opinion without that preface, it might have held some water.

the black son you're raising would benefit from you listening more than you speak re: this debate.

so YOU take notes.
 12-27-2012, 07:54 AMaway - #133
TriniChief 

d 
space
$304 | 868385
What thwe difference between saying n**** and whites speaking and treating me like they think I'm one, but dont say it out loud?
 12-27-2012, 07:59 AMaway - #134
halfadash 67 heat pts67

d 
space
$1,209 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by iThink
that doesn't validate your opinion. the fact that you had s3x with a black woman and produced a child does not grant you exceptionalism. the fact that you feel like it does makes you look ####ing stupid and had you presented your opinion without that preface, it might have held some water.

the black son you're raising would benefit from you listening more than you speak re: this debate.

so YOU take notes.
 12-27-2012, 07:59 AMaway - #135
Msirae Faythung 164 heat pts164

d 
space
$5,128 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by carltouss619
Classic example of a white person thinking it's ALL ABOUT HIM. Oh why of course YOU (because if you didn't see it of course IT COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED) haven't heard a white person insult a Black person,what am I thinking for even seconding guessing massaaa, case close and shut. Yessssaaa massaaa yoouuuusss rigght because you're word is 100% truth.
Did you just turn into Jar Jar Binks or am I missing something?
 12-27-2012, 08:00 AMaway - #136
59fifty 

d 
space
$9,117 | 19219862
Always wanted to #### Sarah for the longest...saw da flick #### was priddy good....the white ppl next to us kept looking over at me as if they were waiting to see if I laughed then they would...dat was kinda blowin my ####, but they didn't do it the whole time.....anyways ni##az need to get over dis ####...#### is only offensive if u let it offend u...
 12-27-2012, 08:17 AMaway - #137
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,563 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Msirae
Exactly, I don't get this #### at all. Nobody's telling anyone how to feel about this word, but this movie is set during slavery and the word was said a lot, obviously it's going to be used.

I think it was just a lose lose situation for him. If it wasn't said in the movie people would have been crying that he was ignoring the truth about the past. And if he acknowledged it (like he did) people were gonna cry about that too and call him a racist. So IMO, he did the right thing by not giving a #### and basing it off factual history.
 12-27-2012, 08:23 AMaway - #138
NoHope 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,321 | 3810911
Blah who cares these people preaching about slavery turn around and laugh at people for being too dark etc. Nothing is about unity anymore, these fake a$s community ambassadors like Spike need to fall back and actual practice what they preach.
 12-27-2012, 08:26 AMaway - #139
614FACE 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,974 | 19074916
they both have a point. spike has that right to feel that way though. i haven't seen the movie, but it wouldn't be as accurate without the word. but thats what u get with tarantino. raw uncut ####. thats y i fux wit em.
 12-27-2012, 08:46 AMaway - #140
KnightOfTears 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,840 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Scouser
this is another classic example of what white people constantly do which is a big mistake

'Stop telling Black People how they Feel or how they should feel about their history'
Nobody is telling you how to feel about anything. It's a movie set in the time of slavery and meant to try and show the reality of that time. Would you rather have it portrayed as something that actually happened and is real, or take out all the degrading words and wrong that were done and have it protrayed falsely? Then you would complain they didn't show how slaves were really treated and called the N word repeatedly, etc. That's like saying that they should have removed the determination and struggle from Malcolm X and done away with the a$sassination scene, or no k!lling in a war movie like Miracle at St. Anna. Nobody will ever get it perfect, not even Spike Lee.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  kevin hart won!
101 comments
EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
92 comments
NFL DeSean Jackson Says Redskins Fans Are More Supportive Th..
78 comments
 Image(s) inside Lucy: Why I'm Tired Of Seeing People On The Big S...
New reply 33 seconds ago - 99 comments - by illmatic826
 Video inside Chris Brown Mocks Kevin Gates For Eating B0oty
New reply 6 minutes ago - 90 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
  Jul 28 - Orthodox Jews With Herpes Need To Stop Applyi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 90 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  How Ronnie (bel Biv Devoe) Get Away With This Pedo Lyr...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 76 comments - by ItsAlwaysMe
 BOX Nelly On Floyd Mayweather: "it's Kind Of Hard Tal...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 88 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 OT Stephen A. Smith Suspended One Week By Espn
New reply 7 minutes ago - 166 comments - by maxnn
 Video inside Throwback: Bsm Frenchie Unites Crips & Bloods In Nyc
New reply 5 minutes ago - 70 comments - by OG T Gutta N
 Video inside I Wonder If Birdman Be Laughing When He Hear This Sh-t...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 66 comments - by CTre

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,758 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.