This is BX @ Boxden.com

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read
 12-27-2012, 06:31 AMaway - #121
dlettern 1 heat pts

d 
space
$8,102 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Scouser
all things in context
girlfriends call each other !!es all day
it has a different meaning when a man keeps calling a woman a !!
That's you bro, for me, ****** means the same no matter whose calling me that. When a White man says it he's saying "you ain't !!, you're below me". When a Black man says it it means, "you ain't !! like me. Don't think you're any better than us or them." brainwashing at its finest. I refuse to think otherwise. It's all by design man
 12-27-2012, 06:31 AMaway - #122
supervillain 185 heat pts185

d 
space
$11,494 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
?.....you sound pretty upset. It's not what was done its what has happen since. Funny how every five years an epic drops regarding the Holocaust yet everyone keeps quiet. Funny how White Southerners can still !! about the Civil War yet Black Americans are to stay quiet according to you.....

The struggle is not to attain what our ancestors have lost, it's about attaining what is still not accessible. As a Black man in Finance I can attest that the opportunities for people like me simply aren't there. I understand you would like to muzzle the Black voice so that you can enjoy your White privileges in peace, but newsflash......Minorities are on the comeup
 12-27-2012, 06:53 AMaway - #123
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by unotready
buddy, my point is, Jews were not citizens of Europe and lived in ghettos, just as Black Americans faced the same issues. Cool your horses. I didn't try to equate any detailed complexities of the two plights. The Jewish problem was a HUGE issue and led to the holocaust that you just spoke of. Anyways, this isn't about Jews. I did not want to derail this thread. I just wanted to bring light towards anyone who may have said anything bad about Jews since Sarah Silverman is a Jew.

Aside from that, ya'll can continue to speak on the topic at hand. Just know, she as a Jew feels more comfortable to speak like this because she knows her people have gone through a victimized and oppressive past by White Christians just as Blacks have. A White Anglo Saxon Ameican wouldn't dare to speak out or say anything like what Sarah said lol.
awww poor her, Hollywood stay !!ing with jews. You got to be joking. If you even say anything remotely derogatory about jews in music or film, your project is getting shut down basically or severely censored
 12-27-2012, 06:58 AMaway - #124
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$26,692 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SteveBoogie
None of you black kids were deprived of any religion or culture or water fountain or bus privileges. Stop !!ing crying and realize that not only have all your slave ancestors been dead for over 100 years, but get this, so are all the plantation owners! It's not your battle, you glass jaws. Quit feeling sorry for yourselves and get over it. You will never escape this "prison" the evil white man has "put you in" as long as you're on the pity pot.
ahhh yes...the typical bx get over it post
 12-27-2012, 06:58 AMaway - #125
Msirae Faythung 115 heat pts115

d 
space
$3,703 | POWERFUL
People would really prefer if the word was stricken from all forms of entertainment? The movie is set during the period of slavery, of course they're gonna use the word.
 12-27-2012, 07:03 AMaway - #126
cbjones 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$7,953 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jpebenito
How is that attacking Spike Lee? She even says "she loves spike" and they were "just talking about school daze."

You wanna know why you don't see kike in anything?

Don't get mad at me, I'm just being real here. It's because Jews aren't keeping the word "KIKE" alive. You don't hear jews calling other jews "kikes."

I hear "nicca" all the time in music, movies, high schools, colleges, !!ing everywhere. If you don't want a word to be so commonplace then it shouldn't be used period. It can't be exclusive.

So you can either be mad at the word and stop using it, or you can just consider it bastardized and accept it.
This argument makes too much sense for the most prideful members of the black community to take heed.

You got people running around saying they can use it, and take the negative power out of the word. Isolation, and allowing it to remain dormant, instead of stoking the flame continuously, is the only effective way to stop an inferno
 12-27-2012, 07:04 AMaway - #127
sm00vb0iiw0nder 3 heat pts

d 
space
$14,673 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Msirae
People would really prefer if the word was stricken from all forms of entertainment? The movie is set during the period of slavery, of course they're gonna use the word.
Common sense lol at people getting uppity about it
 12-27-2012, 07:05 AMaway - #128
Loxy Miracles 8 heat pts

d 
space
$9,903 | POWERFUL
I ain't mad at film god
 12-27-2012, 07:13 AMaway - #129
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,464 | POWERFUL
I have no problem with the word being used in the movie. I just find it annoying comparing jews and blacks. The word kike and ****** etc. I don't know why people are so infatuated with the word ******. You got other word such as spic, kike, cracker, chink, etc. but for some reason only one word gets so much "love"
 12-27-2012, 07:25 AMaway - #130
youdug 143 heat pts143

d 
space
$3,092 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by carltouss619
I have no problem with the word being used in the movie. I just find it annoying comparing jews and blacks. The word kike and ****** etc. I don't know why people are so infatuated with the word ******. You got other word such as spic, kike, cracker, chink, etc. but for some reason only one word gets so much "love"
None of you have ever heard a white person irl call a black person this word. Simple as that. Theres no !!in cool points or whatever you ignorant !!in people think. Im white. Have been for 27 years. And i have never heard a white person insult a black person in front of me with that word. So if there is some conspiracy, please fill me in. The !!in word gets no love and theres no infatuation. Its almost like you all want to be called it. Im not saying all black people, just the aluminum foil hat wearing ones on here.
 12-27-2012, 07:40 AMaway - #131
Sean McDevitt 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,363 | 13822374
i like sarah
 12-27-2012, 07:43 AMaway - #132
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by youduglas
None of you have ever heard a white person irl call a black person this word. Simple as that. Theres no !!in cool points or whatever you ignorant !!in people think. Im white. Have been for 27 years. And i have never heard a white person insult a black person in front of me with that word. So if there is some conspiracy, please fill me in. The !!in word gets no love and theres no infatuation. Its almost like you all want to be called it. Im not saying all black people, just the aluminum foil hat wearing ones on here.
Classic example of a white person thinking it's ALL ABOUT HIM. Oh why of course YOU (because if you didn't see it of course IT COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED) haven't heard a white person insult a Black person,what am I thinking for even seconding guessing massaaa, case close and shut. Yessssaaa massaaa yoouuuusss rigght because you're word is 100% truth.
 12-27-2012, 07:47 AMaway - #133
S|S 

d 
space
$11,585 | POWERFUL
if Spike had a hand in making the film, then this would be a non-issue...
 12-27-2012, 07:49 AMaway - #134
iThink 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,927 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NorthNorthReppa
My son's mother is black. I'm white. Get the !! over that word being used in a movie though.

I mean seriously, someone gets k!lled in a movie, someone gets k!lled in real life. It has happened, is happening, and will happen again. Are we going to outlaw that in film even though its horrible? No. !! no. Take notes young soap box children.
that doesn't validate your opinion. the fact that you had secks with a black woman and produced a child does not grant you exceptionalism. the fact that you feel like it does makes you look !!ing stupid and had you presented your opinion without that preface, it might have held some water.

the black son you're raising would benefit from you listening more than you speak re: this debate.

so YOU take notes.
 12-27-2012, 07:54 AMaway - #135
TriniChief 

d 
space
$304 | 868385
What thwe difference between saying n**** and whites speaking and treating me like they think I'm one, but dont say it out loud?
 12-27-2012, 07:59 AMaway - #136
halfadash 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$1,076 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by iThink
that doesn't validate your opinion. the fact that you had secks with a black woman and produced a child does not grant you exceptionalism. the fact that you feel like it does makes you look !!ing stupid and had you presented your opinion without that preface, it might have held some water.

the black son you're raising would benefit from you listening more than you speak re: this debate.

so YOU take notes.
 12-27-2012, 07:59 AMaway - #137
Msirae Faythung 115 heat pts115

d 
space
$3,703 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by carltouss619
Classic example of a white person thinking it's ALL ABOUT HIM. Oh why of course YOU (because if you didn't see it of course IT COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED) haven't heard a white person insult a Black person,what am I thinking for even seconding guessing massaaa, case close and shut. Yessssaaa massaaa yoouuuusss rigght because you're word is 100% truth.
Did you just turn into Jar Jar Binks or am I missing something?
 12-27-2012, 08:00 AMaway - #138
59fifty 

d 
space
$8,457 | 17776612
Always wanted to !! Sarah for the longest...saw da flick !! was priddy good....the white ppl next to us kept looking over at me as if they were waiting to see if I laughed then they would...dat was kinda blowin my !!, but they didn't do it the whole time.....anyways niccaz need to get over dis !!...!! is only offensive if u let it offend u...
 12-27-2012, 08:17 AMaway - #139
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,334 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Msirae
Exactly, I don't get this !! at all. Nobody's telling anyone how to feel about this word, but this movie is set during slavery and the word was said a lot, obviously it's going to be used.

I think it was just a lose lose situation for him. If it wasn't said in the movie people would have been crying that he was ignoring the truth about the past. And if he acknowledged it (like he did) people were gonna cry about that too and call him a racist. So IMO, he did the right thing by not giving a !! and basing it off factual history.
 12-27-2012, 08:23 AMaway - #140
NoHope 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,321 | 3810911
Blah who cares these people preaching about slavery turn around and laugh at people for being too dark etc. Nothing is about unity anymore, these fake a$s community ambassadors like Spike need to fall back and actual practice what they preach.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Mark Forums Read

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Offiical Final Trailer #3
68 comments
Image inside  EA Sports Unveils First Look at NBA Live 15
51 comments
NBA yo Wiggins is fuggin shredded tho.. (pic)
101 comments
 Article inside Wu-tang-affiliated Rapper Cuts Off His Own Peni$, Jump...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 96 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Vintage Pam Grier In The 1970's.......
New reply 30 minutes ago - 80 comments - by BasedonMars
 Video inside So The Boy August Alsina Just G Checked 106 And Park L...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 211 comments - by Adwerdz
 NFL Chris Johnson To The Jets
New reply 37 minutes ago - 73 comments - by 1andonlyKingP
  What Rapper Has Never Had His Credibility Questioned
New reply 23 minutes ago - 119 comments - by "SS"
 Video inside So Wiz Khalifa Just Released The Second Biggest Anthem...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 108 comments - by BLUE JACK$ON
 Article inside Gucci Mane Negotiating With Federal Government To Redu...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 131 comments - by loyola llothta
  Apr 15 - Why Chicago's Crime Rates Plummeted
New reply 55 minutes ago - 52 comments - by RAZAH CUTS

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,698 fans of BX | none new today 4,655 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.