This is BX @ Boxden.com

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read
 12-27-2012, 12:23 AMaway - #81
NorthNorthReppa 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,338 | 350504
My son's mother is black. I'm white. Get the #### over that word being used in a movie though.

I mean seriously, someone gets k!lled in a movie, someone gets k!lled in real life. It has happened, is happening, and will happen again. Are we going to outlaw that in film even though its horrible? No. #### no. Take notes young soap box children.

Last edited by NorthNorthReppa; 12-27-2012 at 12:26 AM..
 12-27-2012, 12:39 AMaway - #82
2godflow 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$13,317 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by skillahmang
That is a great quote "you can't tell art what to do".

imagine if we had told art what to do. we would of been stripped of plenty classic material.
she only said what quentin said like a 2 decades ago lol. when they asked him why he uses ****** in his movies alot. he said its art
 12-27-2012, 12:47 AMaway - #83
AyeDre 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$10,181 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dblock187s
clowns
Dumbass?
 12-27-2012, 12:47 AMonline - #84
RAWshadTX 4 heat pts

d 
space
$733 | 4340143
You really can't tell people how they feel when it comes to movies. I mean art is art based on people viewing it and not all people views it the same way.

As far as the n-word goes... I don't see how it wouldn't be use heavily in a slave movie.

At the same time you can't tell people that they shouldn't get offended. That's how they feel and that's how they're gonna react.

IMO, however, I feel like the n-word is only given power to people's reactions to it. Just like any other word more or less. Should we (blacks) still allow this word to make us feel a certain way is the question. I understand how saying it can make us feel a certain way though.

Seeing black slaves getting whipped and then called a ****** I. A movie in this day and age can't be hard on some.
 12-27-2012, 12:49 AMaway - #85
DominationCM 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$6,864 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AF1PIMPN

Pimp'n Says: Stupid mothafuqa u gotta be white. My family & I'm quite sure thousands of others watched Roots & Queen over da holidays bcuz it's our history. Why wouldn't we want our children of dis generation 2 know about how their ancestors were treated by dem evil son of a b!tches? White folk love 2 try pretend like da #### didn't happen & racism doesn't exist.
Yeah I'll watch Roots while I'm opening up my Christmas presents Any "black" person who feels like they gotta watch anything just because it depicts someone elses version of "black history" is an idiot. Whether its Roots or this bull#### QT just released. ni##as came at me with that "you gotta go checkout Red Tails cause its about our Black Air Men" No I dont.

Pimp'n Says: You want your family to learn about true black history? It aint no #### you'll see aired on basic cable and especially on fake a$s, gimmicky a$s, need to be cancelled a$s BET
 12-27-2012, 12:50 AMaway - #86
Menelek 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,853 | 10249233
Originally Posted by RAZAH CUTS
####ing Sarah Silverman saying this is ####in priceless...

On her show "The Sarah Silverman Show", she had an entire episode where she performed in blackface...

At the end of the day, white ppl feeling so empowered with using that word gratuituosly is troubling... shows how lame they are really..

I respect white folks that understand boundaries and don't ####in act like culture vultures and try and swoop in and take over any and every thing that minorities do...
That was powerful right there.

Sarah loves to use the n word in her stand ups and not in a funny way. So hearing that from her is like whatever.

I dont think Spike is being a hater hes an outspoken black man stating his opinion.
He's an accomplished film maker he doesnt have to hate on anybody

I actually enjoy Tarantino movies but I dont know what makes this dude tic and spike is right in pointing out that he loves to use that word in his movies.

Why I dont Know. I think its a part of his personality and taste in movie making rather than him being racist.

Sarah did have a point about having no restrictions in art.
I use the N word in my raps but I make an effort not to use it excessively nor do i like music that relies heavy on vulgarities.

So I agree with that in principle but coming from her its a ####ing joke.

She thinks being offensive is art or finds pleasure in being indecent and is usually not funny at all just offensive.

And when White people do what she does in the name of art or whatever it just reminds of how I use to look at ALL white people as racist motherfukers.

No matter how cool I am with a white person or how open-minded I get thats always in the back of my mind because I have dealt with racism all my life.

Thats real talk. And some of these white people should think about that before they open they mouth and choose to be so liberal with their tongue or worse call black people racists for defending themselves when speaking on matters of race.

Last edited by Menelek; 12-27-2012 at 12:56 AM..
 12-27-2012, 12:59 AMaway - #87
Final Boss 97 heat pts97

d 
space
$4,966 | POWERFUL
i need to wifey up with a kike...they some ride or die ####es
 12-27-2012, 12:59 AMaway - #88
D1nOnlyMrM@ 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$9,523 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dy-n@sty
It don't bother me at all. I think all white people say it anyway.
 12-27-2012, 01:05 AMaway - #89
Vancouver 9 heat pts

d 
space
$2,276 | 10576235
Few things I wanna comment on:

1. Using the word over 100 times is just ####ing excessive. You really only need to place the word a few key times to really make it have an impact. But then Tarantino was never one for subtlety. He's also not usually one for really having something to say in his films, so I'm really wary of him doing this kind of film. I really have to ask what his end game is? If it's just shock value, that's not good enough. If you want to learn about slave times through fiction, there is a lot of great books on it. One I read recently is Cambridge by Caryl Phillips.

2. Sarah Silverman is a racist.

3. She does make a good point about censoring art though, but there's a difference between making art that is intelligent and subversive and just making some offensive, shock value ####. There is also a difference between society in general, the state, or so on saying that something is harmful to society on moral grounds and a group of people saying this is HURTFUL to them. I know people like ####ting on political correctness, but if someone is hurt by something, you're a real #### if your response is "get some thicker skin, ####." How bout you consider other people's feelings from time to time?
 12-27-2012, 01:12 AMaway - #90
Trilluminati GA 339 heat pts339

d 
space
$29,514 | POWERFUL
taking sides with a known racist jew? I see true colors coming out

Originally Posted by NorthNorthReppa
My son's mother is black. I'm white. Get the #### over that word being used in a movie though.

I mean seriously, someone gets k!lled in a movie, someone gets k!lled in real life. It has happened, is happening, and will happen again. Are we going to outlaw that in film even though its horrible? No. #### no. Take notes young soap box children.

another example of white arrogance
Just stfu with telling any "n*gger" on to get over that word being used in a movie, ya bish.
 12-27-2012, 01:36 AMaway - #91
Niruggg 134 heat pts134

d 
space
$11,786 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NorthNorthReppa

SO THAT VALIDATES YOUR OPINION...I STILL DON'T GIVE A FU3K WHAT YOU THINK...FU3K YOU, FU3K YA BI3CH AND YOUR SOON TOO BE CONFUSED KID
 12-27-2012, 01:54 AMaway - #92
NateRight 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,140 | 10562883
Originally Posted by jpebenito
How is that attacking Spike Lee? She even says "she loves spike" and they were "just talking about school daze."

You wanna know why you don't see kike in anything?

Don't get mad at me, I'm just being real here. It's because Jews aren't keeping the word "KIKE" alive. You don't hear jews calling other jews "kikes."

I hear "ni##a" all the time in music, movies, high schools, colleges, ####ing everywhere. If you don't want a word to be so commonplace then it shouldn't be used period. It can't be exclusive.

So you can either be mad at the word and stop using it, or you can just consider it bastardized and accept it.
 12-27-2012, 02:08 AMaway - #93
The S-Word 

d 
space
$2,497 | 10988508
Originally Posted by Scouser
this is another classic example of what white people constantly do which is a big mistake

'Stop telling Black People how they Feel or how they should feel about their history'
...Same thing I've been saying on here and offline/In real life for years now. Whenever there's a racial topic (Particularly online) that involves blacks, you can always count on at least one white person coming through and doing that, and/or playing 'blame the victim' and blaming blacks for everything they've been through since they were first captured in Africa (And all while still buying all our music, clothes, etc., and watching all our movies, T.V. shows, and videos--Amazing ). Then, when/if they're confronted about doing the above sh!t, they're the first people to say 'I'm not racist!' Word, son?

As for Spike, if one reason he dislikes Tarantino is because he manages to have someone saying 'N!gger' in many of his movies (And damn near no one having a problem with it because of who he is), then I don't blame him.
 12-27-2012, 02:09 AMaway - #94
Peterparker 9 heat pts

d 
space
$13,674 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S.TEX
I'm neither though
Oh I'm a$suming South Texas so you must be a taco eater...yeah some of yall motha####as always tryna slide yall wet a$ses in a race convo concerning black and white relations. And for some reason find ya a$ses taking up for the whites who really don't want anything to do w/ yall but for you all to keep up w/ the lawn w/ a smile

And I find it funny most non-blacks agree w/ each other yet most blacks in here agree w/ each other

See race relations will never get better on this planet. Cuz majority of you white folks don't even try to understand black ppl. You just take on the same ignorance of our culture as your ancestors did. Just because you listen to rap and laugh at a black comic I know you think you're not racist. But it's obvious you have a superiority complex when compared to other ppl of color. It's the Amerikkkan way baby. That way of thinking consumes you. It consumes us as black ppl.

The same relations that went on during the times of slavery still exist to this day. This thread is living proof of that.
 12-27-2012, 02:20 AMaway - #95
hbk83 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,915 | 7197167
this is another classic example of what white people constantly do which is a big mistake

'Stop telling Black People how they Feel or how they should feel about their history'

Most people don't have a problem with it, spike lee has his own personal opinion, but the mistake white people make like your saying , they involve everyone instead of just the one person who has the problem. they just need to shut the #### up and let the person feel however they do.
 12-27-2012, 02:21 AMaway - #96
hamsamitchguy03 

d 
space
$390 | 909652
Def Poetry - Julian Curry - ******s ni##as & ni##az - YouTube
 12-27-2012, 03:57 AMaway - #97
bigree61 

d 
space
$13,380 | POWERFUL
white people can not tell blacks how the feel about anything let alone race

98%

white people teach this to their kids everyday

whites love to see black men women and children treated sub-human and to be called nigg3rs

98%

you will NEVER hear the words kike or honkey in a movie over a 100 times
 12-27-2012, 04:08 AMaway - #98
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$15,733 | POWERFUL

This last part 100%. I know other black dudes that gets mad at other black dudes for saying "ni##a."
And everyone else just sits there like they're both black why the fucc are they arguing?

Truth is, if someone is offended--too late the damage is done. No sense in trying to level with them. They are offended for a reason and if we can't agree with it, just apologize and move on but don't try to convert them.

I don't think Silverman is telling Spike to loosen up.

But this story is about slaves, that word is going to be used. Its history. We can't pretend like it never happened.
 12-27-2012, 04:24 AMaway - #99
One Gud Cide 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$8,317 | POWERFUL
is it cool to call blacks "artists" now
 12-27-2012, 04:26 AMaway - #100
Nissan Cima 2 heat pts

d 
space
$902 | 3354750
lmao @ the very notion of a white person, and a Jew at that, tellin' a black person they shouldn't be so offended by a racial issue. Yet they do it all the time.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  kevin hart won!
108 comments
Image inside  Lucy: Why I'm Tired of Seeing ____ People on the Big ..
107 comments
EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
103 comments
 NFL See Thats Why I Fukks With Whoopi Goldberg (video)
New reply 8 minutes ago - 122 comments - by QB Eagles
 OT Stephen A. Smith Suspended One Week By Espn
New reply 27 minutes ago - 179 comments - by maxnn
 BOX Heavyweight Boxing...what Happened To It??
New reply 9 minutes ago - 73 comments - by TrillTalk404
  How Ronnie (bel Biv Devoe) Get Away With This Pedo Lyr...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 96 comments - by ItsAlwaysMe
  Bang 3 Tracklist
New reply 11 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Kwestluv91
 Image(s) inside Free Lil Reese
New reply 38 minutes ago - 171 comments - by WizLatifa
 NBA Lebron James In Nyc Wit His Sexi Pregnant Wife(pic)..w...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 54 comments - by sportzzbrainz
 Video inside Chris Brown Mocks Kevin Gates For Eating B0oty
New reply 39 minutes ago - 97 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,758 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.