online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

11 years ago '05        #1
23538 page views
0 comments

halfadash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12027 12 K  Slaps total: 540 540
Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

According to Sarah Silverman, Spike Lee isn’t respecting the code of artists that declares that any and everything can and will be used in composing creative works.

Lee recently sparked controversy after he deemed Tarantino’s latest piece of cinema, D’Jango Unchained, “disrespectful to (his) ancestors” due to the use of the N-word over 100 times.

While out in Los Angeles, Silverman was asked what she thought of Spike’s refusal to see D’Jango

According to Silverman:

“Doesn’t it take place like during slavery? Wouldn’t it be odd if they didn’t have that horrific word in it?”

“I think slave owners said it a lot, that’s why it has a stigma to this day.”

While Silverman does claim to be a huge Spike Lee fan, she also acknowledges that he has some strange opinions when it comes to film.

“I love Spike Lee, we were just talking about School Daze, but he’s a got a lot of mishegas (yiddish word for “crazy weird isht”) with art. I think you can’t really tell art what to do”

What do you think about the use of the n-word so repetitively in D’Jango? Are you too offended by the word to even SEE the movie???

Sarah Silverman defends Quentin Tarantino’s use of n-word in D’Jango | Bossip
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+346
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+524
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+423
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop