This is BX @ Boxden.com

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read
 12-27-2012, 11:24 AMaway - #181
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$31,484 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cheeze
I'm talking about artists as in rappers/musicians because that's the example the other guy used

its all tha same money that funds these projects.i mean if u follow rap,his statement shouldnt even need clarification.but for u,im sure they will

Peace to all,

With all do respect to you all, Nas is NOBODY’s slave. This is not the 1800′s, respect me and I will respect you.
I won’t even tap dance around in an email, I will get right into it. People connect to the Artist @ the end of the day, they don’t connect with the executives. Honestly, nobody even cares what label puts out a great record, they care about who recorded it. Yet time and time again its the executives who always stand in the way of a creative artist’s dream and aspirations. You don’t help draw the truth from my deepest and most inner soul, you don’t even do a great job @ selling it. The #1 problem with DEF JAM is pretty simple and obvious, the executives think they are the stars. You aren’t…. not even close.

Lupe on “The Show Goes On”:

“I was specifically told” — Fiasco chuckled — “‘Don’t rap too deep on this record.’” He laughed some more. “That was a specific order from the top.

do u need more proof?
 12-27-2012, 11:25 AMaway - #182
OG T Gutta N|M 6 heat pts

d 
space
$6,142 | POWERFUL
ya'll ignorant ni##as is ####in #### up for the good black ppl , we move further , u stupid ni##as keep bring up old #### , ni##as wanna cry over a ####in word, our ancestors would think ya'll ni##as straight #### , go f!ght for better education stupid mutha####as
 12-27-2012, 11:25 AMaway - #183
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$31,484 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by datVAkid
Kill bill 1 & 2...
Resviour (sp?) Doggs
dusk til dawn...

Dont think any of those movies utter the word ni##a in it...
im guessin u didnt see res dogs lol

dusk till dawn is a horror flick lol
 12-27-2012, 11:43 AMonline - #184
vinceisallin 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,887 | 11131672
Tin foil hat whiners are in full affect in this thread
 12-27-2012, 11:45 AMaway - #185

d 
space
$6,142 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
"stop talkin bad about massa before we gets beat"
most all black ppl in the NO on welfare , i'd be mad at white ppl if i lived liked that , tough break ni##a sell dope
 12-27-2012, 11:47 AMaway - #186
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$16,135 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
ya'll ignorant ni##as is ####in #### up for the good black ppl , we move further , u stupid ni##as keep bring up old #### , ni##as wanna cry over a ####in word, our ancestors would think ya'll ni##as straight #### , go f!ght for better education stupid mutha####as

ni##as always wanna f!ght over this dumb #### (who can say "ni##a" and who can't)

But when it comes time to f!ght for some #### that really matter, suddenly everybody disappears. Or they waiting for somebody else to do it.

Most old black folks that I know, the ni##as who actually been through some racial #### in this country, don't even use that word.

I saw an old black lady spazz on some young ni##as in the gas station just last week over that ####.

--

But to get back on topic. Art is art and the truer to life it is (in some cases), the better.

So long as the word don't seem out of place, or forced, then there's no issue. Tarantino has a way of doing pulling it off realistically and tastefully in his films. The context is always right.

I don't get upset with him, the same way I'm not upset about the use of the word in "The Godfather" films

If you've ever met old Italian dudes, you know what they think of black people. So it wasn't out of place in those films and it worked.

The thought of Tarantino telling a slave story without the use of the word would be more absurd than anything to me.
 12-27-2012, 11:48 AMaway - #187
Cheeze 484 heat pts484

d 
space
$30,605 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by r.burgundy
its all tha same money that funds these projects.i mean if u follow rap,his statement shouldnt even need clarification.but for u,im sure they will

Peace to all,

With all do respect to you all, Nas is NOBODY’s slave. This is not the 1800′s, respect me and I will respect you.
I won’t even tap dance around in an email, I will get right into it. People connect to the Artist @ the end of the day, they don’t connect with the executives. Honestly, nobody even cares what label puts out a great record, they care about who recorded it. Yet time and time again its the executives who always stand in the way of a creative artist’s dream and aspirations. You don’t help draw the truth from my deepest and most inner soul, you don’t even do a great job @ selling it. The #1 problem with DEF JAM is pretty simple and obvious, the executives think they are the stars. You aren’t…. not even close.

Lupe on “The Show Goes On”:

“I was specifically told” — Fiasco chuckled — “‘Don’t rap too deep on this record.’” He laughed some more. “That was a specific order from the top.

do u need more proof?
Your ignorance is glaring

I see my comments are affecting you cause you have to throw slick jabs at me like I'm not as intelligent as you but if you believe that society makes you buy expensive shoes and doesn't allow people to make progressive, uplifting, intelligent music then you're as brainwashed as your friends who buy shoes because "society" markets it to them and apparently they just can't help themselves. Quite sad honestly.

Never did I say music creativity ISN'T hindered. I said both of you tried to act like the ONLY popular music made is that which is degrading your culture. It's not true. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Of course companies are going to want something that's going to SELL. That's the whole point of putting out a product. Why would you be in a business if not to make a profit? Your lack of comprehension is un-settlng at this point.

I'm sure you'll pick and choose what to reply to

Last edited by Cheeze; 12-27-2012 at 11:50 AM..
 12-27-2012, 11:51 AMaway - #188
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,354 | 5343421
The film takes places in the south during slavery; what would you suppose they called black people then? Wouldn't it be awkward if the word was avoided? I guess all the music I listen to has desensitized my reaction to the word.
 12-27-2012, 11:56 AMonline - #189
vinceisallin 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,887 | 11131672
Originally Posted by Scouser
as well as the dismissive white racists
What do you mean by dismissive? Like not caring about a fictional realistic script?
 12-27-2012, 12:01 PMaway - #190

d 
space
$6,142 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf

ni##as always wanna f!ght over this dumb #### (who can say "ni##a" and who can't)

But when it comes time to f!ght for some #### that really matter, suddenly everybody disappears. Or they waiting for somebody else to do it.

Most old black folks that I know, the ni##as who actually been through some racial #### in this country, don't even use that word.

I saw an old black lady spazz on some young ni##as in the gas station just last week over that ####.
These ni##as think they're special , being pro black , and not doing #### for the community they claim to love. They'd call any black man making REAL progress , and setting precedents an uncle tom , but black a$s can't even recognize all they do is BLAME the white man , and attack their own kind , thats' backwards as ####. 50 cent gives to africa , he does it for fame. Rapper gives money , its' for publicity , w/e it is , all these ni##as do is talk #### to their own alleged people. They aint nothin like the black figures they praise , cause they weren't #### and all talk.

Aint no one comin down and bout to end racial tension , if white ppl wanna call you a ****** , #### ya'll gonna do but complain. Think white ppl give a ####? Quentin prolly tryin to figure words to rhyme with ni##a right now , have fun, all you black mutha####as is doin is talkin , #### a$s ni##as , if you mad do somethin #### ni##as.

but its more important #### for "us" to worry about and do , ya'll just the loser ni##as who aint gonna be #### cause you worry an talk about dumb ####.
 12-27-2012, 12:03 PMaway - #191
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$31,484 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cheeze
Your ignorance is glaring

I see my comments are affecting you cause you have to throw slick jabs at me like I'm not as intelligent as you but if you believe that society makes you buy expensive shoes and doesn't allow people to make progressive, uplifting, intelligent music then you're as brainwashed as your friends who buy shoes because "society" markets it to them and apparently they just can't help themselves. Quite sad honestly.

Never did I say music creativity ISN'T hindered. I said both of you tried to act like the ONLY music made is that which is degrading your culture. You and the other guy implied the only popular music is one which degrades your race and community. It's not true. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Of course companies are going to want something that's going to SELL. That's the whole point of putting out a product. Why would you be in a business if not to make a profit? Your lack of comprehension is un-settlng at this point.
whats sad is your inability to have an honest discussion on race.if u say your intelligent and listen to rap,then u should know good well what type of music is promoted.stop tryin to argue,and learn to discuss.we may have dif opinions but im not your enemy.not anywhere did i mention shoes,so discuss that wit whom brought it up

nobody said thats tha only music thats made.we both said thats tha only music thats pushed.and i gave u statements from top artists sayin tha type of music that execs want made

nothing wrong wit makin a profit.it just so happens that tha profit comes at tha expense of black people.are u tryin to imply media doesnt influence life?
 12-27-2012, 12:09 PMaway - #192
904Nole 1 heat pts

d 
space
$5,517 | 18089638
It doesnt matter to me. But Silverman is a racist so I'm sure she'd defend the use of the word no matter what context it is used.
 12-27-2012, 12:09 PMonline - #193
vinceisallin 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,887 | 11131672
Racism is more than just a movie
Keep up with the thread - we have gone pass that
That's the problem. Any like topic and people get to crying, and not just black people, white people Are in here trying to defend something someone did way before we were alive

You can't be a master of your future, if you a slave of the past

I live by this. I'm not worried about what my dad or mom did, or grandma an Pa, I'm just trying to get it till life's gone

Some of the comment on here Smdh.... Do people want change or do they just want to hate??

If you
 12-27-2012, 12:13 PMaway - #194
Peterparker 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$14,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by unotready
lol what knee-deep? Jews were living in ghetto's of Europe, being treated like blacks were in America. How were jews knee-deep in slave trade if the majority of them were poor and systematically 'othered' by White Christian Europeans
So you mean to tell me every Jew in Europe was living in the ghettos when the Trans-Atlantic slavery officially kicked off? The reality is Jewish merchants were pretty powerful in the slave trade. If there was money to be made everybody got their hands involved. Here the Jewish were being targeted for who they were yet escaped to other parts of Europe and the new world only to get themselves involved in selling other ppl for their own beneficial gain. The wealthiest of the jews at that time(half but not all)either owned slave ships or had a share in the vessel.

As far as the Jewish involvement with the NAACP. Yeah that's a another bull#### story. NAACP was beneficial to them for financial reasons. That #### aint have nothing to do with morality.
 12-27-2012, 12:17 PMonline - #195
vinceisallin 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,887 | 11131672
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
These ni##as think they're special , being pro black , and not doing #### for the community they claim to love. They'd call any black man making REAL progress , and setting precedents an uncle tom , but black a$s can't even recognize all they do is BLAME the white man , and attack their own kind , thats' backwards as ####. 50 cent gives to africa , he does it for fame. Rapper gives money , its' for publicity , w/e it is , all these ni##as do is talk #### to their own alleged people. They aint nothin like the black figures they praise , cause they weren't #### and all talk.

Aint no one comin down and bout to end racial tension , if white ppl wanna call you a ****** , #### ya'll gonna do but complain. Think white ppl give a ####? Quentin prolly tryin to figure words to rhyme with ni##a right now , have fun, all you black mutha####as is doin is talkin , #### a$s ni##as , if you mad do somethin #### ni##as.

but its more important #### for "us" to worry about and do , ya'll just the loser ni##as who aint gonna be #### cause you worry an talk about dumb ####.
Omg is that simple logic??? Holy #### I'll be damn, a good opinion on bx.

I agree 100 percent, no ones going to make you feel better, it's all about the next move and not the last.

Im white, but I grew up broke, and yuppies don't like me. The classes of people hate who's below, white black or Mexican it don't matter. It's about money in America not race
 12-27-2012, 12:25 PMaway - #196
TreZ 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,892 | 16891913
U ni##a
 12-27-2012, 12:29 PMaway - #197
beantown 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$23,353 | POWERFUL
I loved the authenticity of the movie. Don't sit there watching a movie that you're going to get offedned about just like I won't sit there and watch do the right thing and look to get offended by the way whites are portrayed. It's art like she said, and it's historically accurate. These are slaves that are in the movie, and if Jamie Foxx agreed to it, he's obviously aware of the reason behind the use of the word.
 12-27-2012, 12:43 PMaway - #198
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$2,004 | POWERFUL
One succesful black man trying to tear a more succesful black man down

Im sure the racists love it when someone else does their job for them
 12-27-2012, 12:50 PMonline - #199
vinceisallin 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,887 | 11131672
Well i think what the Blacks in this thread are trying to tell you is the present conditions of the past still affect them today. Blacks may go into a dept store and be more closely watched because in the 'past' blacks had a reputation of stealing from the white slave master.

Young Trayvon, may get shot today walking in an all white neighborhood, because in the past there have been home invasions by young black males

you get the idea right?
I dont think blacks are in a weep-fest or pity-pot here and are just complaining
I think they are trying to express that Racism is still something they deal with everyday
Profiling happened when something occurs over and over. White people like mayo, #### don't change. Mexicans sneek in the country , and we check for green cards on border states. You sure black ain't getting profiled when THINGS the do frequently in today's society ???

All these white guys shooting schools and movies up, what do I do? Blame it on the people in change, or the idiots that do the damn crime . If tey change the gun laws it's RASICT, it's just a law to help the majority. There's ways to stay out of profiling and trouble, some people want it both ways tho

Last edited by vinceisallin; 12-27-2012 at 12:58 PM..
 12-27-2012, 12:50 PMaway - #200
SeanP 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,121 | POWERFUL
Man #### all the bull####...somebody call Ja Rule!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Official "NBA 2k15" topic
75 comments
NFL who is the most overrated Quarterback in the NFL?
108 comments
NBA As an NBA GM, who are you taking and WHY?
84 comments
 NFL Falcons Vs Bucs Week 3
New reply 14 seconds ago - 731 comments - by grydlok
 Image(s) inside Sep 17 - White Guy Taunts Immigrant Family By Plasteri...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 66 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Vs Marcos Maidana 2(mayhem) Ppv Reach...
New reply 1 minute ago - 76 comments - by ant30ant33
  Ios 8 Now Available
New reply 8 minutes ago - 118 comments - by RocawearMan
 NFL Adrian Peterson Is Most Likely Done In Minnesota
New reply 2 minutes ago - 118 comments - by Steve
 Image(s) inside Iconic Photo Taken Of ( G-unit ) Right After Laying 50...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 82 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Ray-j Da Gawd Out Here Gaming These Broads
New reply 2 minutes ago - 58 comments - by PrisonRules
 Article inside Samsung Galaxy S5 Beats Iphone 6 In New Benchmarks
New reply 11 minutes ago - 99 comments - by LTE

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.