This is BX @ Boxden.com

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read
topic by halfadash - 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

According to Sarah Silverman, Spike Lee isn’t respecting the code of artists that declares that any and everything can and will be used in composing creative works.

Lee recently sparked controversy after he deemed Tarantino’s latest piece of cinema, D’Jango Unchained, “disrespectful to (his) ancestors” due to the use of the N-word over 100 times.

While out in Los Angeles, Silverman was asked what she thought of Spike’s refusal to see D’Jango

According to Silverman:

“Doesn’t it take place like during slavery? Wouldn’t it be odd if they didn’t have that horrific word in it?”

“I think slave owners said it a lot, that’s why it has a stigma to this day.”

While Silverman does claim to be a huge Spike Lee fan, she also acknowledges that he has some strange opinions when it comes to film.

“I love Spike Lee, we were just talking about School Daze, but he’s a got a lot of mishegas (yiddish word for “crazy weird isht”) with art. I think you can’t really tell art what to do”

What do you think about the use of the n-word so repetitively in D’Jango? Are you too offended by the word to even SEE the movie???

Sarah Silverman defends Quentin Tarantino’s use of n-word in D’Jango | Bossip

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

330 comments for "Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read"

12-26-2012, 04:03 PMonline - #2
Cheeze 486 heat pts486

d 
space
$30,709 | POWERFUL
they about to be mad and bum rush the thread
 12-26-2012, 04:07 PMaway - #3
skillahmang 2 heat pts

d 
space
$17,290 | POWERFUL
That is a great quote "you can't tell art what to do".

imagine if we had told art what to do. we would of been stripped of plenty classic material.
 12-26-2012, 04:10 PMonline - #4
JetsLost 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$6,700 | POWERFUL
It don't bother me at all. I think all white people say it anyway.
 12-26-2012, 04:14 PMaway - #5
dblock187s 8 heat pts

d 
space
$6,542 | 17737279
so the word ****** is art now... hmmmm
 12-26-2012, 04:28 PMaway - #6
2113 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$1,429 | 15019336
Originally Posted by dblock187s
I think you totally missed the point,if people are gonna create art,it shouldn't be restricted. It might make people uncomfortable,angry,sad, etc any range of emotions,silverman summed it up perfectly with her quote imo.I take no issue with the use of the word in Django Unchained.
 12-26-2012, 04:35 PMaway - #7
skillahmang 2 heat pts

d 
space
$17,290 | POWERFUL
 12-26-2012, 04:59 PMaway - #8
UrbanGAAWD 192 heat pts192

d 
space
$6,396 | POWERFUL
thanks for your opinion sarah, now go back to making horrible bland and non funny jokes
 12-26-2012, 05:03 PMonline - #9
nightmare 416 heat pts416

d 
space
$12,723 | POWERFUL
 12-26-2012, 05:19 PMaway - #10
DreamChasers 68 heat pts68

d 
space
$5,301 | POWERFUL
lets see if u understand this word

retard...

not mentally handicapped kids

you. as in stupid.

****** is ART
 12-26-2012, 05:50 PMaway - #11
dman 4901 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$2,639 | 17199209
you cant tell art what to do huh .....

unless you are white then you can do with it what you want just like the history books in school,the news on tv ect

miss me with that, why yall think dave chappelle left 50 millon on the table an bounced

oh but the news said he was crazy

let dave try an pull that "you can't tell art what to do" line on the white dudes who own the network they gonna be like

its crazy how fake people are in this so called real world

Last edited by dman 4901; 12-26-2012 at 05:54 PM..
 12-26-2012, 05:51 PMaway - #12
dblock187s 8 heat pts

d 
space
$6,542 | 17737279
clowns
 12-26-2012, 05:58 PMaway - #13
Mr Kush 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$2,008 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dman 4901

unless you are white then you can do with it what you want just like the history books in school,the news on tv ect

miss me with that, why yall think dave chappelle left 50 millon on the table an bounced

let dave try an pull that "you can't tell art what to do" line on the white dudes who own the network they gonna be like

12-26-2012, 06:10 PMaway - #14
sigNN 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,838 | 20639450

you just seen that video of chappelle on wshh #### out here tryna prove a point with that
 12-26-2012, 06:12 PMaway - #15
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$16,293 | POWERFUL

12-26-2012, 06:12 PMaway - #16
Peterparker 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$14,115 | POWERFUL

I hear what she saying but attack Spike for what?? I don't see her attacking some Jews when ppl throw out the word KIKE. Jews make sure you never hear KIKE in ANY ####ING THING. You see how they did MJ
 12-26-2012, 06:27 PMaway - #17
Jayg36 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,799 | POWERFUL
That's cuz she like to use it so much.
 12-26-2012, 06:33 PMaway - #18
dman 4901 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$2,639 | 17199209
Originally Posted by Mr Kush

Originally Posted by jpebenito

Get real. Grow up. Stop acting like a 15 year old conspiracist. Probably working at McDonalds blaming your ####ty life on the government.
kids who are 15 dont know #### about the real world an how it works they have no idea about what a conspiracy is.they are just kids going to school wanting to have fun dreaming about there first car an getting dates or simple ####.i dont work at mickey dees but i dont knock people who do because i'd rather them do that then home invansions an other #### that people do just to survive.id rather someone serve me doubles rather than bullets to keep it 100 so i dont knock anybodys job real talk.

Originally Posted by LAZARO
you just seen that video of chappelle on wshh #### out here tryna prove a point with that
i cant stand WSHH an hate everything about it, you wont every see me defending or even talking about that dumb a$s site.If thats your cup of tee watever but that site is bull####.Lastly i have already known bout dave i was watching his show an interviews before #### went into classic rotation

Originally Posted by TheMindOf

yes i do get mad about bull#### but who doesnt rite

Last edited by dman 4901; 12-26-2012 at 06:39 PM..
 12-26-2012, 06:37 PMaway - #19
Peterparker 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$14,115 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jpebenito
How is that attacking Spike Lee? She even says "she loves spike" and they were "just talking about school daze."

You wanna know why you don't see kike in anything?

Don't get mad at me, I'm just being real here. It's because Jews aren't keeping the word "KIKE" alive. You don't hear jews calling other jews "kikes."

I hear "ni##a" all the time in music, movies, high schools, colleges, ####ing everywhere. If you don't want a word to be so commonplace then it shouldn't be used period. It can't be exclusive.

So you can either be mad at the word and stop using it, or you can just consider it bastardized and accept it.

I guess your whiteness is blocking logic. LET ME BREAK IT DOWN SLOWER FOR YOU. Because the usage of the N-Word is not the problem for me

It's been plenty of times KIKE has been edited out or people cause a stir over the usage of KIKE by non jewish people. See some of you white motha####as are sensitive yourself and get overly defensive.

I'm stating a hypocrisy. Why was it such a big deal when MJ use the word KIKE?? Since you choose to speak to me i'm asking you why did the media make it such a big deal when MJ use the term KIKE?

Why did the record labels edit it out JEW on a Ice Cube record yet didn't edit out ni##a not 1 time? They even allow people to say cracka but not Jew or Kike at times??

Like I said I have no problem w/ the N-Word hell Spike didn't even bring up the N Word when talking about his dislike towards the movie. He just said he wasn't gonna see it. But some of you white motha####as got the plugs so far up ur butt and get on the defense quick. It's like you can be talking about some racial incident going on in America today and out of nowhere some white person will say "BUT WHY ARE YOU BLAMING US FOR SLAVERY, THAT HAPPENED SO LONG AGO I MEAN GOSH!!"

Like ummmm I was talking about some white guy telling me "hurry up you black monkey!" when I was ordering my food at subway yesterday.

And by the way I wanted more N-Words to be used in the movie. Make it as realistic as possible.
 12-26-2012, 06:45 PMonline - #20
DominationCM 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$7,018 | POWERFUL
Over 100 times is excessive as ####!! Especially if non blacks are saying it

Not that no one noticed but BET had the nerve to show Roots The Special edition during Christmas...what black family you know wanna get together during Christmas and watch that ####....on T.V. I thought they aired it because of Django

just saying

Last edited by DominationCM; 12-26-2012 at 06:47 PM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Sep 29 - NY Man Who Biked Around The World Killed by ..
139 comments
NFL Steve Smith : "I ran around the Panthers like they were ..
81 comments
NFL LeSean McCoy “embarrassed” by 17-yard performance
76 comments
 Video inside The Chipotle Loophole...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 126 comments - by shadydre85
 Image(s) inside Kanye Aka Yeezus West Grippin That A$$ Like...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Big Fendi Tells All At The Breakfast Club: Discovering...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 85 comments - by BreakfastClub
  Sep 28 - Nearly 2 Million Americans Have Chlamydia
New reply 19 minutes ago - 108 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Lebron's Hair Is Gone Again! (pic)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 209 comments - by pandadays
 NFL Week 4 New England Patriots At Kansas City Chiefs Mnf ...
New reply 27 minutes ago - 771 comments - by JBAL NY
 Image(s) inside Wtf: Lil Wayne Fiancée Will Be With Him Tonight In Hto...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 80 comments - by Wayne Perry
 Image(s) inside Young Thug Rhq & Birdman- Richgang: The Tour (offi...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 82 comments - by NoLastName

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,816 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,798 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.