Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Samuel L. Jackson Slams The Ending Of "Lincoln"

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
60 viewing
 Video inside 10 Mysterious Archaeological Discoveries No One Can Explain
8 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
46 viewing
 Image inside Are we not gunna talk about Kim Kardashians ass?
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
31 viewing
Image inside Jae Millz Begging Smack For A Battle On URL, Smack Tells Him He's Not ..
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Video inside The Weeknd dislikes Miley Cyrus :dead:
80 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Samuel L. Jackson Slams The Ending Of "Lincoln"
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #1
4059 pageviews
39 comments

TheThreadLord 1765 heat pts1765 space
All You Need Is LUCK!
space
$7,018 | POWERFUL
Finding the right ending to a movie can either make or break the whole experience. A great one can elevate a mediocre film to respectability; however, a terrible one can drag an otherwise solid movie down with it. And in a recent interview with The Los Angeles Times, Samuel L. Jackson slammed the end of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, which detailed the final moments of the life of the 16th president.

"I don't understand why it didn't just end when Lincoln is walking down the hall and the butler gives him his hat," he told the site. "Why did I need to see him dying on the bed? I have no idea what Spielberg was trying to do."

He continued, "I didn't need the a.ssassination at all. Unless he's going to show Lincoln getting his brains blown out. And even then, why am I watching it? The movie had a better ending 10 minutes before."

Do you agree with Jackson, or do you think that Spielberg gave us the perfect ending to his powerful presidential biopic? Share your opinion in the comment section below.

Samuel L. Jackson Slams The Ending Of "Lincoln" | Complex
Props given to TheThreadLord hot topic  (01-01-2013)

top in section
13 viewing
 NFL RIP to the careers of 3 top 10 picks of the 2012 draft
64 comments
top in sports/24hrs
top in section
22 viewing
Article inside Birdman's Personal Assistant Sues For $355,000
58 comments
top in hiphop/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #2
r.burgundy 15 heat pts15 space
space
$34,486 | POWERFUL
if he didnt get his wig split,i really dont wanna see it
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - on now - #3
GroveBoy740 44 heat pts44 space
space
$2,143 | POWERFUL
fu*k that if i'm in hollywood the LAST thing I'd do is say anything bad about the head new in charge.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #4
tdnupe3 5 heat pts space
space
$2,841 | POWERFUL
I see what he is saying.

The movie a GREAT for anyone interested in Constitutional Law or the process of government. It will be extremely boring for anyone not very interested in those things.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
Urban Adult  space
The Visualizer
space
$783 | 336534
I agree 100%. if it had ended with Lincoln walking down the hall, it would of had a better feel to it. In fact I thought it was going to end at that point...it just had that feeling.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #6
Mumbles253  space
space
$459 | 1471071
Samuel Jackson the last man who can talk. Why do i gotta see Jamie Foxx an Sam L acting as slaves in a SATIRE? I aint seen either movie but i feel sam has no say so to bash a movie about a president who freed his ancestors, In my opinion Lincoln story is a story that should be told as time moves forward, but Django is a story that should have never been wrote in the first place.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
rasheedwallace 9 heat pts space
Make America Great Again!
space
$18,393 | POWERFUL
[quote=tdnupe3;25721924]I see what he is saying.

The movie a GREAT for anyone interested in Constitutional Law or the process of government. [b]It will be extremely boring for anyone not very interested in those things.[quote]

aka 94% of boxden.

unfortunately
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #8
Jackson High 6 heat pts space
Pretty Flacco :success:
space
$1,534 | 8842136
Mumbles253 said:
Samuel Jackson the last man who can talk. Why do i gotta see Jamie Foxx an Sam L acting as slaves in a SATIRE? I aint seen either movie but i feel sam has no say so to bash a movie about a president who freed his ancestors, In my opinion Lincoln story is a story that should be told as time moves forward, but Django is a story that should have never been wrote in the first place.
But what does any of that have to do with Mr. Jackson's opinion on the ending?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #9
Optimus Crime 3 heat pts space
Need Shades
space
$5,479 | POWERFUL
Mumbles253 said:
Ummm Django wasn't a satire... It was a spaghetti western set in slave times. Humor was not the focus of Django at all. It had humorous parts but it isn't even close to being a satire.

And so what if Lincoln freed his ancestors... Especially considering that he freed them mostly for political reasons and was a proponent of using the slaves in colonization efforts (i.e. sending us out of America) because he felt that slaves would always be inferior to white people.

Both films were great in their own way, and Samuel L. Jackson as a vet in the movie industry has the right the express his opinion. There are plenty of films that I thought needed more, or should have ended at some other point in the film... People just don't give a damn about what I have to say lol
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
S|S  space
Original.Super
space
$11,589 | POWERFUL
Guess he thinks the Vampire Hunter movie had a better ending to it...
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #11
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111 space
Borrowed Time
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
People still think Lincoln cared or thought well of black people Get real, dude was racist.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #12
Phuck Yiu 26 heat pts26 space
Finesse
space
$4,618 | POWERFUL
Mumbles253 said:
so your making an opinion about django unchained from other peoples

opinions. fuk outta here you havent even seen the fu*kin movie.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #13
Michael 1987 697 heat pts697 space
/
space
$66,018 | POWERFUL
Mumbles253 said:
Sam is a sell out. Jamie is too.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
persuazion 1 heat pts space
MUTHAFKN CHARLIE BRONSON
space
$15,157 | POWERFUL
Michael 1987 said:
Sam is a sell out. Jamie is too.
Who in your opinion is not a sell out?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #15
nightmare 429 heat pts429 space
space
$13,053 | POWERFUL
Phuck Yiu said:
so your making an opinion about django unchained from other peoples

opinions. fuk outta here you havent even seen the fu*kin movie.
welcome to boxden
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #16
ShadyVsEminem 215 heat pts215 space
space
$17,308 | POWERFUL
He is right, seemed slapped on for the sake of it added no value to the movie. Could of been text on the screen that summarized what happened after when the film should of ended about his a.ssassination and it would of fitted better.

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 01-01-2013 at 08:25 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #17
TRILL SH1T 73 heat pts73 space
space
$4,318 | POWERFUL
Mumbles253 said:
Stoped reading at "I ain't seen either movie"
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
bransonsaks  space
space
$381 | 853942
Thought the same sh*t after I watched the downloaded version on my s3 while putting piff in atmosphere, wirelessly through my xbox on my tv and after I watched cloud atlas falling asleep through most of it woke up for the butler part was like half sleep but still a good movie and then daniel day lewis all bloddy on the bed and his kid was at another theatre I was like wtf happened here I didnt need to see that. Aint nobody got time for that
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #19
Games Addict 13 heat pts13 space
PS Vita
space
$1,309 | 0
Get real, dude was racist.
Dude was a man of his time. I'm sure even Abolitionists then would've still held views that would be considered racist in today's time.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #20
r.burgundy 15 heat pts15 space
space
$34,486 | POWERFUL
persuazion said:
Who in your opinion is not a sell out?
rudy ray moore

Home > all sections > The TV/Movie Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside EAZY-E SONNING DAZ N KURUPT & mich'ele :mjlol:
61 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Aug 30 - Scienctists Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death
318 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside How To Tell If Your 'Pirate Black' adidas Yeezy 350 Boosts Are Real or..
20 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Article inside Jay Z's Instagram Account Gone in One Day
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Kanye West gives mad akward but legendary speech
215 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside lipstick boxden: Games artist Avante Rose puts elk the stallion on blast
68 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Miley Cyrus - Do It..... New video...wtf OFFICIAL
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Travis Scott ft Justin Bieber, Young Thug - Maria I'm Drunk
20 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time