This is BX @ Boxden.com

Samuel L. Jackson Slams The Ending Of "Lincoln"

Samuel L. Jackson Slams The Ending Of "Lincoln"
topic by TheThreadLord - 01-01-2013, 02:42 PM - Boxden > The TV and Movie Spot

Finding the right ending to a movie can either make or break the whole experience. A great one can elevate a mediocre film to respectability; however, a terrible one can drag an otherwise solid movie down with it. And in a recent interview with The Los Angeles Times, Samuel L. Jackson slammed the end of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, which detailed the final moments of the life of the 16th president.

"I don't understand why it didn't just end when Lincoln is walking down the hall and the butler gives him his hat," he told the site. "Why did I need to see him dying on the bed? I have no idea what Spielberg was trying to do."

He continued, "I didn't need the a$sassination at all. Unless he's going to show Lincoln getting his brains blown out. And even then, why am I watching it? The movie had a better ending 10 minutes before."

Do you agree with Jackson, or do you think that Spielberg gave us the perfect ending to his powerful presidential biopic? Share your opinion in the comment section below.

Samuel L. Jackson Slams The Ending Of "Lincoln" | Complex

Latest Movies Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

39 comments for "Samuel L. Jackson Slams The Ending Of "Lincoln""

01-01-2013, 02:53 PMaway - #2
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$31,742 | POWERFUL
if he didnt get his wig split,i really dont wanna see it
 01-01-2013, 04:41 PMaway - #3
GroveBoy740 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$1,487 | 19547934
#### that if i'm in hollywood the LAST thing I'd do is say anything bad about the head new in charge.
 01-01-2013, 05:17 PMaway - #4
tdnupe3 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,580 | POWERFUL
I see what he is saying.

The movie a GREAT for anyone interested in Constitutional Law or the process of government. It will be extremely boring for anyone not very interested in those things.
 01-01-2013, 06:07 PMaway - #5
Urban Adult 

d 
space
$783 | 336534
I agree 100%. if it had ended with Lincoln walking down the hall, it would of had a better feel to it. In fact I thought it was going to end at that point...it just had that feeling.
 01-01-2013, 06:25 PMaway - #6
Mumbles253 

d 
space
$394 | 1144019
Samuel Jackson the last man who can talk. Why do i gotta see Jamie Foxx an Sam L acting as slaves in a SATIRE? I aint seen either movie but i feel sam has no say so to bash a movie about a president who freed his ancestors, In my opinion Lincoln story is a story that should be told as time moves forward, but Django is a story that should have never been wrote in the first place.
 01-01-2013, 06:40 PMaway - #7
rasheedwallace 8 heat pts

d 
space
$16,775 | POWERFUL
[quote=tdnupe3;25721924]I see what he is saying.

The movie a GREAT for anyone interested in Constitutional Law or the process of government. [b]It will be extremely boring for anyone not very interested in those things.[quote]

aka 94% of boxden.

unfortunately
 01-01-2013, 06:46 PMaway - #8
Jackson High 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,534 | 8842136
Originally Posted by Mumbles253
Samuel Jackson the last man who can talk. Why do i gotta see Jamie Foxx an Sam L acting as slaves in a SATIRE? I aint seen either movie but i feel sam has no say so to bash a movie about a president who freed his ancestors, In my opinion Lincoln story is a story that should be told as time moves forward, but Django is a story that should have never been wrote in the first place.
But what does any of that have to do with Mr. Jackson's opinion on the ending?
 01-01-2013, 06:50 PMaway - #9
Optimus Crime 3 heat pts

d 
space
$4,810 | POWERFUL
Ummm Django wasn't a satire... It was a spaghetti western set in slave times. Humor was not the focus of Django at all. It had humorous parts but it isn't even close to being a satire.

And so what if Lincoln freed his ancestors... Especially considering that he freed them mostly for political reasons and was a proponent of using the slaves in colonization efforts (i.e. sending us out of America) because he felt that slaves would always be inferior to white people.

Both films were great in their own way, and Samuel L. Jackson as a vet in the movie industry has the right the express his opinion. There are plenty of films that I thought needed more, or should have ended at some other point in the film... People just don't give a damn about what I have to say lol
 01-01-2013, 07:13 PMaway - #10
S|S 

d 
space
$11,590 | POWERFUL
Guess he thinks the Vampire Hunter movie had a better ending to it...
 01-01-2013, 07:16 PMaway - #11
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
People still think Lincoln cared or thought well of black people Get real, dude was racist.
 01-01-2013, 07:27 PMaway - #12
Phuck Yiu 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$3,892 | 19648294
so your making an opinion about django unchained from other peoples

opinions. fuk outta here you havent even seen the ####in movie.
 01-01-2013, 07:48 PMaway - #13
Michael 1987 638 heat pts638

d 
space
$60,177 | POWERFUL
Sam is a sell out. Jamie is too.
 01-01-2013, 08:16 PMaway - #14
persuazion 1 heat pts

d 
space
$14,959 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Michael 1987
Sam is a sell out. Jamie is too.
Who in your opinion is not a sell out?
 01-01-2013, 08:19 PMaway - #15
nightmare 420 heat pts420

d 
space
$12,776 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Phuck Yiu
so your making an opinion about django unchained from other peoples

opinions. fuk outta here you havent even seen the ####in movie.
welcome to boxden
 01-01-2013, 08:20 PMaway - #16
ShadyVsEminem 192 heat pts192

d 
space
$15,250 | POWERFUL
He is right, seemed slapped on for the sake of it added no value to the movie. Could of been text on the screen that summarized what happened after when the film should of ended about his a$sassination and it would of fitted better.

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 01-01-2013 at 08:25 PM..
 01-01-2013, 08:31 PMaway - #17
TRILL SH1T 61 heat pts61

d 
space
$3,529 | POWERFUL
Stoped reading at "I ain't seen either movie"
 01-01-2013, 08:32 PMaway - #18
bransonsaks 

d 
space
$353 | 183974
Thought the same #### after I watched the downloaded version on my s3 while putting piff in atmosphere, wirelessly through my xbox on my tv and after I watched cloud atlas falling asleep through most of it woke up for the butler part was like half sleep but still a good movie and then daniel day lewis all bloddy on the bed and his kid was at another theatre I was like wtf happened here I didnt need to see that. Aint nobody got time for that
 01-01-2013, 08:41 PMaway - #19
Games Addict 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$1,309 | 0
Get real, dude was racist.
Dude was a man of his time. I'm sure even Abolitionists then would've still held views that would be considered racist in today's time.
 01-01-2013, 09:15 PMaway - #20
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$31,742 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by persuazion
Who in your opinion is not a sell out?
rudy ray moore

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL The Official Week 7: San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Bron..
776 comments
NCAAF CFB What we learned week 8 #ThankYouBasedJameis
92 comments
NBA Will Kobe finally make it out the first round w/o having..
99 comments
 Video inside Baby Comes Out Of The Closet In Front Of Live Audience...
New reply 1 minute ago - 109 comments - by polorsport2345
 Image(s) inside Name 3 Things Your Hometown Is Famous For
New reply 7 minutes ago - 99 comments - by Kwestluv91
  Encounters With Rappers / Did A Rapper Grow Up In You...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 135 comments - by Supreme90
  Dumbest Hip-hop Related Article In History: Rappers Re...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 57 comments - by KleanKutt100
 Image(s) inside High School Website Got Hacked Lmfao
New reply 6 minutes ago - 54 comments - by blafy
  Hip-hop Careers That Joe Budden Has Ended
New reply 14 minutes ago - 110 comments - by Hieroglyphic
 audio inside A Ghostface And Elzhi Track Just Dropped...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Gremlin
 NBA Michael Rapaport Spittin That Lebron Ether On First Take
New reply 14 minutes ago - 117 comments - by CrimeEthics

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX | none new today 4,788 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.