b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Quentin Tarantino Working With Johnny Depp Next ??

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Quentin Tarantino Working With Johnny Depp Next ??
topic by psylence2k - 01-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Quentin Tarantino has already work with A-list stars like Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio, but he's not stopping there. In an interview with Charlie Rose, the "Django Unchained" director said he would like to work with Johnny Depp in the future.

"We would love to work together. We've talked about it for years," Tarantino told Rose about Depp. "Not that we get together and talk about it for years, but from time to time. We're obviously fans of each other. It just needs to be the right character. I just need to write the right character that I think Johnny would be the right guy to do it with. And if he agrees, then we'll do it. And then it'll be magical. I haven't written the perfect character for Johnny Depp as of yet. Maybe someday I will, maybe someday I won't. We'll see."

Tarantino went on to explain that sometimes he writes with actors in mind (specifically Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz), but sometimes he doesn't. As fans might recall, Tarantino initially wanted Will Smith to play the title role in "Django Unchained," but the actor passed on the project because of time constraints.

"I came really close, it was one of the most amazing screenplays I had ever ever seen," Smith said in an interview with Empire. "I was in the middle of 'Men In Black 3' and [Tarantino] was ready to go, and I just couldn't sit with him and get through the issues, so I didn't want to hold him up. That thing's going to be ridiculous. It is a genius screenplay."

Jamie Foxx wound up playing Django in the new film, which has grossed $64 million since opening on Christmas Day.

As for other actors on Tarantino's dream list: Michael Caine and Meryl Streep. "I actually think we'd get along like a house on fire, even though I don't really know her," Tarantino said.

Source: Quentin Tarantino & Johnny Depp Could Work Together, Says Quentin Tarantino

Tarantino about to get Leo his first Oscar, next up he gon get Depp his long over due one > Quentin Tarantino Working With Johnny Depp Next ?? - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Imagine Depp and Dicaprio in the same Tarantino film > Quentin Tarantino Working With Johnny Depp Next ?? - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

then imagine throwing Christopher Waltz in it > Quentin Tarantino Working With Johnny Depp Next ?? - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

maybe Daniel Day Lewis too ?? > Quentin Tarantino Working With Johnny Depp Next ?? - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

24 comments for "Quentin Tarantino Working With Johnny Depp Next ??"

01-01-2013, 05:15 PMaway - #2
KREW 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,857 | POWERFUL
I'd like to see Depp in the '30s gangster flick that QT wants to make. Depp was amazing as John Dillinger

Make it happen QT
 01-01-2013, 05:45 PMaway - #3
zhiggeman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,719 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
Rosa Parks life story and Johnny Depp is the bus driver?

my ni##a
 01-01-2013, 05:52 PMaway - #4
kingpin222 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,544 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
Rosa Parks life story and Johnny Depp is the bus driver?

lmaoooooooooo
 01-01-2013, 07:16 PMaway - #5
GoldRush 59 heat pts59

d 
space
$1,746 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KREW
I'd like to see Depp in the '30s gangster flick that QT wants to make. Depp was amazing as John Dillinger

Make it happen QT

public enemies is the ####..... qt get something going
 01-01-2013, 07:34 PMaway - #6
Heisenberg 77 heat pts77

d 
space
$7,682 | POWERFUL
Leo isn't going to win that Oscar.
 01-01-2013, 08:18 PMaway - #7
S|S 

d 
space
$11,589 | POWERFUL
Depp > ____
 01-01-2013, 08:54 PMaway - #8
Gmengfx 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$11,190 | POWERFUL
Tarantino initially wanted Will Smith to play the title role in "Django Unchained," but the actor passed on the project because of time constraints.

thats actually not true..on howard stern..quentin said they met up for weeks..and after all the talks and meetings

the role was just not for will..rather will didnt like it..or quentin didnt like will...

i dont see why quentin would lie and say..IT WASNT RIGHT FOR WILL OR ME..instead of the easy cop out

he didnt have time due to men in black 3?

egh w/e..

will smith would of murd3red that ####ing movie.
 01-01-2013, 08:56 PMaway - #9
Gmengfx 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$11,190 | POWERFUL
but ####....he needs to wright the most twisted..####ed up movie he done ever wrote for DEP..
 01-02-2013, 12:46 AMaway - #10
Cheeze 491 heat pts491

d 
space
$31,014 | POWERFUL
Maybe he can help revive Depp

Dark Shadows

POTC 4

Tourist

If Tarantino writes that 30's gangster movie with Depp in mind tho
 01-02-2013, 04:21 PMaway - #11
D1nOnlyMrM@ 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$10,080 | POWERFUL
^yo...i know u saw that depp gonna play a native american in his next flick lls
 01-02-2013, 04:41 PMaway - #12
samsin420 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,672 | POWERFUL
Should be an instant classic.
 01-02-2013, 05:49 PMaway - #13
RJ96 8 heat pts

d 
space
$13,031 | POWERFUL
good Depp is that dude
 01-02-2013, 08:40 PMonline - #14
psylence2k 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$10,124 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gmengfx
Tarantino initially wanted Will Smith to play the title role in "Django Unchained," but the actor passed on the project because of time constraints.

thats actually not true..on howard stern..quentin said they met up for weeks..and after all the talks and meetings

the role was just not for will..rather will didnt like it..or quentin didnt like will...

i dont see why quentin would lie and say..IT WASNT RIGHT FOR WILL OR ME..instead of the easy cop out

he didnt have time due to men in black 3?

egh w/e..

will smith would of murd3red that ####ing movie.
we dont really know which is true because none of us were there, it's kinda like a couple that breaks up and each person has their own story to save face.

doesn't matter either way because I feel Foxx fit the role better.

Smith is overall a better actor but for this particular movie I dont think he would've been a better fit than Foxx.
 01-02-2013, 08:43 PMaway - #15
Sticks 109 heat pts109

d 
space
$16,879 | POWERFUL
Nobody's body is ready for this.
 01-02-2013, 08:50 PMonline - #16
psylence2k 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$10,124 | POWERFUL
Depp should've been trying his hardest to work with currently great and inspired directors like Tarantino for the past 10 years instead of wasting his time playing dress up with Tim Burton
 01-02-2013, 08:59 PMaway - #17
Sticks 109 heat pts109

d 
space
$16,879 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by psylence2k
Depp should've been trying his hardest to work with currently great and inspired directors like Tarantino for the past 10 years instead of wasting his time playing dress up with Tim Burton
Money talks.
 01-02-2013, 09:09 PMonline - #18
psylence2k 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$10,124 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sticks
Money talks.
This is Johnny Depp we're talking about, he avoided big blockbuster flicks he could've caked in on in favor of eccentric and unique films that tanked at the box office since the beginning of his career. He was known for doing that.

then he got lucky with Pirates and he accidentally made over 300 million from it.

He didn't care that much for money for most of his career , look at his filmography, then he made an absurd amount it off one franchise.

His work with Burton has nothing to do with money, it's based off their personal friendship and loyalty, it's kinda tarnishing his legacy as an actor though.
 01-03-2013, 10:44 AMaway - #19
Cloud 420 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,684 | 12133287
Originally Posted by Sticks
Nobody's body is ready for this.
This...............
 01-03-2013, 11:13 AMaway - #20
Adam Is BeTTeR 1 heat pts

d 
space
$8,239 | POWERFUL
My dude Johnny D >>>>

Dec 17 - Breaking News: US & Cuba To Resume Diplomatic Relations
81 comments
Home Alone or Home Alone 2?
50 comments
Article inside  Breaking News: ‘The Interview’ Yanked By Regal, AMC ..
90 comments
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda Arrested In New York;caught W/ Multiple ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 361 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Lil B Blocked From Facebook And Instagram.
New reply 27 minutes ago - 62 comments - by all3rd
 Image(s) inside Yo Ludacris Is On That Kevin Hart Stature !?!?
New reply 9 minutes ago - 52 comments - by strungout
 NFL Nfl Awards Predictions
New reply 27 minutes ago - 58 comments - by #JewLife
 NFL Deion Sanders Ex Wife Pilar Sanders Sentenced To A Wee...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 53 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside Mr. Chicken (cassidy) Spending Dat Chicken On A Trip T...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 54 comments - by GOD999
 NBA The Espn-boxden Kobe Poll
New reply 25 minutes ago - 123 comments - by Bradley88
 Image(s) inside Rate My Air Jordan 13 Restoration
New reply 35 minutes ago - 80 comments - by shadydre85

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,899 fans of BX | none new today 4,847 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.