This is BX @ Boxden.com

Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.

Official Rare/Obcure/Underrated/NON-Mainstream Film thread.
 01-11-2011, 04:41 PMaway - #161
TheBallDontLie 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$9,811 | POWERFUL
All non-french movies are abandoned for me, as of now.
 01-11-2011, 05:36 PMaway - #162
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheBallDontLie
All non-french movies are abandoned for me, as of now.
Check out one of my favorites, horror masterpiece. Henri-Georges Clouzot getting his Hitchcock on.

[code]The wife of a cruel headmaster and his mistress conspire to k!ll him, but after the murd3r is committed, his body disappears[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046911/
 01-11-2011, 05:42 PMaway - #163
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992

the F**k i missed mentioning this one is beyond me...erotic masterpiece...Maria Schneider come back to me

Last edited by obscuro77; 01-12-2011 at 10:17 PM..
 01-11-2011, 05:56 PMaway - #164
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992

In mentioning last tango in paris, i must drop one of my fave movies of all time...extremely erotic masterpiece, in the realm of the senses, its intense, engaing to watch. Sada is an ex prostitute servent who becomes obsessed with her businessman employer Kizicho, soon they find themselves unable to seperate after each s3xual encounter intensifies...
 01-11-2011, 06:17 PMaway - #165
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992

beautiful bertolucci film

great start to the "revisionist western" Leone is great

clint eastwood's revisionist western masterpiece, another one of my fave films of all time...well deserved best picture of the year....

MORE RANDOM MENTIONS

def give it a look
 01-11-2011, 06:26 PMaway - #166
Chuck Hustle 

d 
space
$8,365 | 15197971
Originally Posted by obscuro77

great early mickey rourke

masterpiece greek tragedy unfolding in rio de janiero during carnival

another masterpiece by kubrick...not to be slept on

I love Barry Lyndon, its a pretty good movie... I love they way a lot of the scenes are set up like paintings, plus its funny as hell
 01-11-2011, 06:55 PMaway - #167
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Originally Posted by Chuck Hustle
I love Barry Lyndon, its a pretty good movie... I love they way a lot of the scenes are set up like paintings, plus its funny as hell
yeah its beautiful to watch...maybe my favorite kubrick film
 01-11-2011, 07:08 PMaway - #168

d 
space
$9,811 | POWERFUL
How many movies do you think has been posted in this thread? I want to do a fair rounded estimation on how many hours of viewing would convert into days.
 01-11-2011, 07:47 PMaway - #169
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
maybe 75-100?
 01-11-2011, 08:01 PMonline - #170
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,789 | POWERFUL
Dope thread being I like to watch sundance movies, IFC ? and films with subtitles. where you guys get these films from?
 01-11-2011, 11:52 PMaway - #171
MidNiteBlues 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$4,839 | POWERFUL

A circus' beautiful trapeze artist agrees to marry the leader of side-show performers, but his deformed friends discover she is only marrying him for his inheritance.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0022913/
I can't front, I'm not really well versed in alot of old school cinema (def getting into em tho due to this thread), but I absolutely love this movie. It's pretty trippy seeing em use actors that were really from the circus.

An industrial worker who hasn't slept in a year begins to doubt his own sanity
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361862/
Amazing psychological thriller...Bale was damn sickly looking for this role, crazy how dedicated this dude is.

Sebastian, a young man, has decided to follow instructions intended for someone else, without knowing where they will take him. Something else he does not know is that Gerard Dorez, a cop on a knife-edge, is tailing him. When he reaches his destination, Sebastian falls into a degenerate, clandestine world of mental chaos behind closed doors in which men gamble on the lives of others men
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475169/
Another TOP NOTCH French thriller (french thrillers>)...#### is crazy and will have your a$s on the edge of your seat trying figure exactly wtf is going on. Out of of alot of movies I put people on I almost always get some kinda crazy instant feedback after they get done watching. peep the trailer..highly recommended!
YouTube - 13 Tzameti Trailer

A doctor seeks revenge by kidnapping, torturing and k!lling the man whor###d and murd3red his young daughter.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445054/
French revenge flick...man this #### was so RAW, had me like cringing throughout

A camera crew follows a serial k!ller/thief around as he exercises his craft. He expounds on art, music, nature, society, and life as he offs mailmen, pensioners, and random people.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103905/
Since obscuro mentioned Henry (dope movie) Imma drop one of my fave serial k!ller/black comedy too. If you liked Natural Born k!llers peep this, basically a Belgium mocumentary film about a serial k!ller. Crazy dynamic in this movie some scenes will have u like while others have u like

A look at Germany's terrorist group, The Red Army Faction (RAF), which organized b0mbings, robberies, kidnappings and a$sassinations in the late 1960s and '70s
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765432/
Dope German movie about the RAF terrorist group, I must admit I didn't really know much about them but this movie was pretty interesting showing their story. Really well directed, good script, decents actors, and is pretty damn action packed.

As an alternative to getting bullied at school, an autistic teenager retreats into the world of online role-playing games.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0953318/
Pretty touching movie. Some amazing/original visuals...the scenes where the main character's sense of reality blends with that of video game were so ####in dope.

A story between a mole in the police department and an undercover cop. Their objectives are the same: to find out who is the mole, and who is the cop.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/
"The Departed" was an American remake of this movie...everyone should see this. I personally liked TD better but this movie is pretty much up to par too, very worthy predecessor.

In the DMZ separating North and South Korea, two North Korean soldiers have been k!lled, supposedly by one South Korean soldier. But the 11 bullets found in the bodies, together with the 5 remaining bullets in the a$sassin's magazine clip, amount to 16 bullets for a gun that should normally hold 15 bullets. The investigating Swiss/Swedish team from the neutral countries overseeing the DMZ suspects that another, unknown party was involved - all of which points to some sort of cover up. The truth is much simpler and much more tragic.

All the South Korea and SK shenannigans recently got me thinking about this movie. It's directed by the director of Oldboy and explores the tensions between the south and north (good story too, really well told with unique sequencing). Watching this will def give u a better understanding of why currently SK and NK are playin their bull#### lil cat and mouse game.

This film takes place in an isolated lake, where an old monk lives on a small floating temple. The wise master has also a young boy with him that teaches to become a monk. And we watch as seasons and years pass by.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374546/
Beautiful beautiful movie...very powerful and thought provoking. Seriously I know this gonna sound cliche as ####, but it really is art in motion.

Last edited by MidNiteBlues; 01-12-2011 at 03:06 PM..
 01-11-2011, 11:56 PMaway - #172
MidNiteBlues 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$4,839 | POWERFUL
Oh and yo Mods should really sticky this thread. With all the bull#### a$s threads type like "kim kardashian caught pickin her a$s wedgie at gas station" constantly flooding this section this is one of the few handful of threads that redeems this section
 01-12-2011, 02:51 AMaway - #173
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$6,376 | POWERFUL
I know I was gonna make thread about What The #### Happen to TV And Movie Spot....all it is is all TMZ and Perez Hilton bull#### threads....the #### happen here #### use to be real good back in the day people talk about movies and tv shows
 01-12-2011, 05:41 AMaway - #174

d 
space
$9,811 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by carltouss619
Dope thread being I like to watch sundance movies, IFC ? and films with subtitles. where you guys get these films from?
Torrents are your best bet.

Last edited by TheBallDontLie; 01-12-2011 at 05:45 AM..
 01-12-2011, 09:52 AMaway - #175
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL

the F**k i missed mentioning this one is beyond me...erotic masterpiece...Maria Schneider come back to me
Another messed up picture, impawards.com doesn't work so just stop using it.

I co sign that and another Bertolucci film, The Conformist.

[code]A young Parisian woman begins a sordid affair with a middled-aged American businessman [/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070849

[code]A weak-willed Italian man becomes a fascist flunky who goes abroad to arrange the a$sassination of his old teacher, now a political dissident.[/code]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065571/
Check out The Conformist BDL, it is stylish.
 01-12-2011, 09:53 AMaway - #176
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL

beautiful bertolucci film

great start to the "revisionist western" Leone is great

clint eastwood's revisionist western masterpiece, another one of my fave films of all time...well deserved best picture of the year....

MORE RANDOM MENTIONS

def give it a look
Cmon man Once Upon A Time In The West and Unforgiven are widely known. At that rate we could list just about anything.
 01-12-2011, 09:56 AMaway - #177
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gravediggaz
I know I was gonna make thread about What The #### Happen to TV And Movie Spot....all it is is all TMZ and Perez Hilton bull#### threads....the #### happen here #### use to be real good back in the day people talk about movies and tv shows
Originally Posted by MidNiteBlues
Oh and yo Mods should really sticky this thread. With all the bull#### a$s threads type like "kim kardashian caught pickin her a$s wedgie at gas station" constantly flooding this section this is one of the few handful of threads that redeems this section

Co sign. Anyways I agree with The Baader Meinhof Complex but absolutely hated Man Bites Dog.

Barry Lyndon is like a painting because it is made by the GOAT Kubrick, a perfectionist ex photographer turned director. I might just list his filmography since he wasn't too mainstream.
 01-12-2011, 10:19 AMaway - #178
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Originally Posted by smokeweed101.
Cmon man Once Upon A Time In The West and Unforgiven are widely known. At that rate we could list just about anything.
cut me a lil slack...was mentioning a fave of mine...but yeah i'll get back on track
 01-12-2011, 10:20 AMaway - #179
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
how do we request a sticky for this thread?
 01-12-2011, 10:23 AMaway - #180
obscuro77 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,323 | 5258992
Originally Posted by MidNiteBlues

I can't front, I'm not really well versed in alot of old school cinema (def getting into em tho due to this thread), but I absolutely love this movie. It's pretty trippy seeing em use actors that were really from the circus.

Amazing psychological thriller...Bale was damn sickly looking for this role, crazy how dedicated this dude is.

Another TOP NOTCH French thriller (french thrillers>)...#### is crazy and will have your a$s on the edge of your seat trying figure exactly wtf is going on. Out of of alot of movies I put people on I almost always get some kinda crazy instant feedback after they get done watching. peep the trailer..highly recommended!

French revenge flick...man this #### was so RAW, had me like cringing throughout

Since obscuro mentioned Henry (dope movie) Imma drop one of my fave serial k!ller/black comedy too. If you liked Natural Born k!llers peep this, basically a Belgium mocumentary film about a serial k!ller. Crazy dynamic in this movie some scenes will have u like while others have u like

Dope German movie about the RAF terrorist group, I must admit I didn't really know much about them but this movie was pretty interesting showing their story. Really well directed, good script, decents actors, and is pretty damn action packed.

Pretty touching movie. Some amazing/original visuals...the scenes where the main character's sense of reality blends with that of video game were so ####in dope.

"The Departed" was an American remake of this movie...everyone should see this. I personally liked TD better but this movie is pretty much up to par too, very worthy predecessor.

All the South Korea and SK shenannigans recently got me thinking about this movie. It's directed by the director of Oldboy and explores the tensions between the south and north (good story too, really well told with unique sequencing). Watching this will def give u a better understanding of why currently SK and NK are playin their bull#### lil cat and mouse game.

Beautiful beautiful movie...very powerful and thought provoking. Seriously I know this gonna sound cliche as ####, but it really is art in motion.
co-sign the machinist...damn midniteblues you always snap with some great films...writing it all down

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The TV and Movie Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  PS4 “GayStation Edition” Up for Auction To Celebrate ..
65 comments
NBA Who you with? 1, 2, 3, or 4
116 comments
NBA Wad3 county
65 comments
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 45 seconds ago - 119 comments - by King Henry
 Image(s) inside Lil Durk Goin At Soulja Boy 4 Them Fufu Stack$$
New reply 8 minutes ago - 74 comments - by Muunsta
 audio inside Chicago Rapper Stain Gang Vonno - I Might Die Shot An...
New reply 1 minute ago - 65 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 Image(s) inside Beautiful Mixed Mami Miss Kara Kara
New reply 10 minutes ago - 80 comments - by daddy31+2
  Jul 27 - Your ‘pure’ Bottled Water Contains Added Chem...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 86 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NFL Stephen A. Smith Apologizes On Espn First Take For Com...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 76 comments - by PyrexVisionary
  Jul 26 - I’ve Worked At Mcdonald’s For 10 Years And St...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 357 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NFL Luck Is A Top 5 Qb But His Numbers Are Comparable To C...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 78 comments - by ghettofied

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.